HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Who'd you rather have: Lucic vs Nash

View Poll Results: Who'd you rather have on your team?
Milan Lucic 53 31.93%
Rick Nash 113 68.07%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 07:54 PM
  #26
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score
 
Vankiller Whale's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,469
vCash: 5555
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?
Because Nash had no one to play with, and has had a far better career so far.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:56 PM
  #27
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?
Because Rick Nash is one of the most overrated players in the world.

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 07:58 PM
  #28
NTP 3
Registered User
 
NTP 3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 464
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?
Nash has beaten in Lucic in points every year except last year. Nash is way more skilled and was the only offensive force in Columbus for many years and still put up more points than Lucic despite Lucic having a lot more offensive help.

NTP 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:15 PM
  #29
Samsquanch
Creep
 
Samsquanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: The Big Nickel
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
I don't get it Lucic had more pts last year, more fights, more physical, less injury prone and playoff experience at a younger age and smaller cap hit. Why is he losing so badly?
Because most people realize that if Rick Nash was playing for the Bruins, the points would favor him. Dont get me wrong, Lucic is a gem of a hockey player, one of a kind really, but he doesnt have that kind of value yet despite everything he brings to the table. Nash can score 40-50 goals in the right situation, something I dont think Lucic will ever be capable of.

Ask this question in two years, and if Nash is still playing uninspired hockey, then Lucic would have a much better chance if he stays at this level.

Samsquanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 08:32 PM
  #30
ottawa*
go habs go
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,598
vCash: 50
Nash, habs coud use a goal scorer like him in our top 6...we'd have four 30 goal scorers (or almost, Gionta hit 29 in his last healthy season)


Patches - Desharnais - Cole
Nash - Plekanec - Gionta
Bourque - Eller - Leblanc
Prust - White - Moen

Subban - Gorges
Emelin - Markov
Kaberle - Diaz

Price


Boom, Stanley cup here we come.

ottawa* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:50 PM
  #31
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough
 
SimplySensational's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Country: United States
Posts: 16,686
vCash: 888
Picked Lucic, but then remembered he got 6 million dollar contract. oops?

SimplySensational is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:55 PM
  #32
Orrthebest
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Because Rick Nash is one of the most overrated players in the world.

This person gets it.

Orrthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:01 PM
  #33
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Markham and Lawrence
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Lucic, a big need and much better contract.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 12:28 AM
  #34
Vikingstad
**** the King
 
Vikingstad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,115
vCash: 500
Love both, rather have Lucic, more unique.

Vikingstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:25 AM
  #35
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,779
vCash: 500
Nash is pretty underrated on these boards. Hope there is a season so we can see what he can do on a good team.

frankthetank91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 02:35 AM
  #36
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,408
vCash: 500
Lucic is a Kings-type player, Nash is not.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:05 AM
  #37
bsmith14
Registered User
 
bsmith14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Nash is the superior player. At times Nash can be one of the best in the world.

bsmith14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:36 AM
  #38
Orca Smash
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,233
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Lucic is a Kings-type player, Nash is not.
Really, kings were a big skilled, well disciplined team, I would think nash fits that mold more.

Nobody on the kings stood out to me as a lucic bruin type player who will fight and try to intimidate you.

Orca Smash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:06 AM
  #39
WTFetus
Moderator
Most popular
 
WTFetus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: San Francisco
Country: United States
Posts: 11,861
vCash: 500
Swallow the 1.8 million and take Nash.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:12 AM
  #40
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoolChamp View Post
Nash because he can play hockey.
Did you know Lucic outscored Nash last year?

I think Lucic can play a little bit himself.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:16 AM
  #41
nmbr_24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,487
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperjack 44 View Post
Nash has beaten in Lucic in points every year except last year. Nash is way more skilled and was the only offensive force in Columbus for many years and still put up more points than Lucic despite Lucic having a lot more offensive help.
The fact is still that Lucic outscored Nash last year. I don't think anyone was saying Nash doesn't have more offensive skill, just that Nash' skill didn't outscore Lucic last year, and Lucic has a lot more skill than a lot of people in this thread are giving him credit for.

nmbr_24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:31 AM
  #42
Socratic Method Man
Weise's Lost Lunch
 
Socratic Method Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,666
vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.
"He'd easily fetch at least [...] 8 million on the open market." ??? "EASILY."


You mean per year? That would make him the 5th highest paid player in the league by cap hit. And with the way you emphasize that claim, saying "at least" and "easily" and another "easily" for good measure... just how much do you think Lucic would get paid on the open market? 9 million per year? 10?

I agree that he is a rare type of player, and even though he got a very healthy contract for himself, I think he could still get slightly more on the open market, considering the current market place. But a cap hit of well-over 8 million may be pushing it. In fact I'd go so far as to boldly say that 8 million is the most he could get on the open market.

Socratic Method Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:59 AM
  #43
svat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 837
vCash: 500
Who would I rather have in my organization? Lucic quite easily, Nash is 4 years older.

Nash will easily be the better player for the next couple years though. I guess as a Bruins fan i would want nash for the next couple seasons but would prefer to keep lucic in the long term

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:52 AM
  #44
thadd
Oil4Life
 
thadd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: China
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,057
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
Lucic playing with Gagner and Yakupov/Eberle VS Nash with Eberle/Yakpov?

No contest. Lucic every day of the week.

thadd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:29 AM
  #45
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Lucic if only because then we Kessel wouldnt have to play against him

blasted_Sabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:57 AM
  #46
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Because Nash had no one to play with, and has had a far better career so far.
False. Nash had a 1st line center in Jeff Carter to work with last year. He's also played with skilled guys like Voracek, Huselius, Zherdev among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Because Rick Nash is one of the most overrated players in the world.
He IS the most overrated player in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepperjack 44 View Post
Nash has beaten in Lucic in points every year except last year. Nash is way more skilled and was the only offensive force in Columbus for many years and still put up more points than Lucic despite Lucic having a lot more offensive help.
Nash only beat Lucic by 3 pts the year before. Besides, Lucic has a very unusual development growth that can't be compared. He went from a decent 3rd line guy to finding his scoring touch later in his career.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsquanch View Post
Because most people realize that if Rick Nash was playing for the Bruins, the points would favor him. Dont get me wrong, Lucic is a gem of a hockey player, one of a kind really, but he doesnt have that kind of value yet despite everything he brings to the table. Nash can score 40-50 goals in the right situation, something I dont think Lucic will ever be capable of.
And what situation is that?

Seriously 40-50 goals?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:55 AM
  #47
RomersWorld*
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,162
vCash: 500
I'd rather have Lucic honestly.

Sharp-Toews-Stalberg
Lucic-Kane-Hossa
Saad-Bolland-Shaw
Carcillo-Mayers-Hayes

I like it. Really, Lucic's physical presence is more needed. Kane at center was very successful with Hossa and Carcillo on his wings...now add Lucic who is just as physical and creates just as much or more space as Carcillo, oh yeah and he can put up 30 goals. Yes, please.

RomersWorld* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:02 AM
  #48
HappyGilmourr
Registered User
 
HappyGilmourr's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Milton
Posts: 5,014
vCash: 500
Is this a sick joke? Lucic for me easily. Maybe its just because he manhandles the leafs when he plays us 6 times a year but seriously he brings so much more to the game. Nash for one is overpaid, over rated... and soft. He's BIG, but he's not a "beast" like Lucic. Lucic is the definition of power forward. Although Nash appears as a power forward forward he is a sniper... an inconsistent one who just happens to have size. Lucic who is huge, creates space, and does provide offence. He's much more defined and offers much more to a top 6. Surprised how lopsided this poll is.

HappyGilmourr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:19 AM
  #49
Sky04
Registered User
 
Sky04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 6,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Depends, I suppose.

For the Bruins, Lucic. Without him our intimidation factor is basically nothing. Sure, we have Chara, Horton, McQuaid, Thornton, whoever, Lucic IS the Bruins. Our identity is completely different without him. If you say 6m is overpayment, he'd EASILY fetch at least 7-8 million on the open market. EASILY.

It doesn't take much to say Nash is the better player, he is, but especially on the Bruins where our whole top-6 besides Krejci and Bergeron are capable of 30 goals, and when all of our top-9 is capable of 20 goals, we don't need a big-time scorer. A big, tough physical forward who's the most intimidating player in the league, (who can still score 30 goals) is more valuable to the Bruins.
8m? please. maybe on team absolutely desperate to reach the top floor, maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socratic Method Man View Post
"He'd easily fetch at least [...] 8 million on the open market." ??? "EASILY."


You mean per year? That would make him the 5th highest paid player in the league by cap hit. And with the way you emphasize that claim, saying "at least" and "easily" and another "easily" for good measure... just how much do you think Lucic would get paid on the open market? 9 million per year? 10?
He wouldn't be 5th because in a world where Lucic makes 8m/year all other stars would be in the 10-15m range.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:19 AM
  #50
HockeyFan100
Welcome to COL!
 
HockeyFan100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,797
vCash: 500
Rick Nash.

More heart, more skill, better scorer in general. Easy pick for me.

HockeyFan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.