Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Carl Soderberg threatens Hakan Loobs goal record in the top division

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2012, 07:11 PM
Ratty

vCash: 500
I believe he comes over next season to challenge Spooner for the 3rd line C position after Krejci is traded for a scoring winger. Then again, my glass is always half full.

Old
11-28-2012, 09:12 AM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
We should be grateful to have the best European prospect in our system.
Please tell me that we sarcasm.

Old
11-28-2012, 11:01 AM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Need more Loob

Old
11-28-2012, 11:21 AM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kegs View Post
Please tell me that we sarcasm.

Do you see any other prospects out scoring him in Europe?

Old
11-28-2012, 11:27 AM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
As a player who has perpetually snubbed his nose at coming over to North America, I don't think you can honestly consider Soderberg a "prospect". What I'd call him is a player whom the Bruins own the NHL rights to, but since he's shown an unwillingness to even come over, those rights are nearly worthless.

Old
11-28-2012, 12:59 PM
Kegs

Quote:

He is 27 and in his prime playing in a third rate league. Nail yakupov. Kuznestsov and tarasenko. Three Russians off the top of my head are more promising prospects. All playing in the Khl. Which is clearly a more difficult league.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Shaun
beauty

vCash: 50
Quote:
He is 27 and in his prime playing in a third rate league. Nail yakupov. Kuznestsov and tarasenko. Three Russians off the top of my head are more promising prospects. All playing in the Khl. Which is clearly a more difficult league.
Third rate league? When the NHL is actually playing the SEL is the 2nd best league in the world. Right now it's probably the first. How is the KHL clearly more difficult? brandon bochenski is almost a PPG in the KHL

Old
11-28-2012, 01:30 PM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
As a player who has perpetually snubbed his nose at coming over to North America, I don't think you can honestly consider Soderberg a "prospect". What I'd call him is a player whom the Bruins own the NHL rights to, but since he's shown an unwillingness to even come over, those rights are nearly worthless.
He did come over that once. . .

Old
11-28-2012, 01:32 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMiller View Post
He did come over that once. . .
Yup, and hasn't been seen since, despite the many things he's said about coming to camp over the years.

Old
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSCII View Post
next chapter: carl tells chia he's coming over for training camp, then changes his mind, and then leaves linkopings for...........M A L M O

Old
11-28-2012, 01:52 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelynugs View Post
next chapter: carl tells chia he's coming over for training camp, then changes his mind, and then leaves linkopings for...........M A L M O
I honestly can't even quantify in words how happy that would make me...

Old
12-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Schnurvel

Goal number 21:

http://www2.lhc.eu/video/2001583131001/

Old
12-07-2012, 03:57 AM
B Boarding

1 + 2 for Soderberg yesterday. He is 2nd in the scoring race with 30-22-17-39. Next best goal scorer has 14 goals.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:26 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Third rate league? When the NHL is actually playing the SEL is the 2nd best league in the world. Right now it's probably the first. How is the KHL clearly more difficult? brandon bochenski is almost a PPG in the KHL
brandon bochenski

I almost forgot about that guy.
I remember when some people on this board were thinking that maybe he could replace Glen Murray as the 1st line winger after scoring 11 goals in his first 30 games. But then he never scored another goal for the Bruins in his final 20 games in Boston after he "bulked up" in the offseason.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:06 AM
ODAAT

So excited about this kid....oops, he`s 27

Pumped about the fact it seems like he`s more than willing to earn his spot...oops again, seems as though he wants a spot all but guaranteed

Well, at least he`s made clear and concise references to the fact he`ll be on the next plane when the NHL season starts NEXT October?? Last oops I promise, me thinks he`s either more than content making buckaroos close to home in a solid league (which is his right) and won`t be coming to NA anytime soon

Let`s forget about this guy, those stats are nice, impressive, I always wonder to myself if I really want a guy who "seemingly" has all those tools and yet doesn`t have the internal drive to test himself against what are truly the best players in the world, and that is the NHL.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:17 PM
Kegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
So excited about this kid....oops, he`s 27

Pumped about the fact it seems like he`s more than willing to earn his spot...oops again, seems as though he wants a spot all but guaranteed

Well, at least he`s made clear and concise references to the fact he`ll be on the next plane when the NHL season starts NEXT October?? Last oops I promise, me thinks he`s either more than content making buckaroos close to home in a solid league (which is his right) and won`t be coming to NA anytime soon

Let`s forget about this guy, those stats are nice, impressive, I always wonder to myself if I really want a guy who "seemingly" has all those tools and yet doesn`t have the internal drive to test himself against what are truly the best players in the world, and that is the NHL.

I wonder how many goals micheal Ryder would score in that league?

Old
12-07-2012, 12:20 PM
Dogberry
NHL2Seattle plzkthx

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
brandon bochenski

I almost forgot about that guy.
I remember when some people on this board were thinking that maybe he could replace Glen Murray as the 1st line winger after scoring 11 goals in his first 30 games. But then he never scored another goal for the Bruins in his final 20 games in Boston after he "bulked up" in the offseason.
So happy PC traded Versteeg for him.

Old
12-07-2012, 12:28 PM
LSCII
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I wonder how many goals micheal Ryder would score in that league?
Depends on whether he was motivated or not...

Old
12-07-2012, 01:25 PM
Alberta_OReilly_Fan
Bruin fan since 1975

why the venom for this kid? if he doesnt come over... it must be because he wants to play at home right? how is this a sin?

dont some of us stay at one job close to home for family reasons? dont alot of us realize we might be able to get a better job if we were willing to relocate to some other country? maybe we could go up north and work oil field or something and make more money... but we choose to stay at home for a sick mother or to let our kids stay in the school they know their friends... or for whatever reason.

for me, if soderberg ever does come over and we still have his rights... then i hope he plays great for us. what possible benefit is it for us to wish the kid ill? or even to mock him? for anyone here that is saying that the kid cant make it in the NHL... you are unqualified for making that judgement. obviously, many people that do well in the swedish league, manage to come to the NHL and also do well. But then again, some dont.

what benefit is there for us to mock this kid who is putting his home/family life first?

I understand why some here want to follow the kid... and hope for the best... they are fans of the team and like to imagine best case possibilities. What harm is there in that? Why do you negative nellies feel the need to come here and crap all over it? If you cant be positive and hope for the best for this team we love... why bother to say anything at all? You likely are correct that he wont come over. He seems unlikely to come over... but why crap on those of us that want to dream?

why pretend to be experts on whether this kid could make it in the NHL or not?

Hell, I still love to dream that Cam Neely might make one more comeback... or that Marc Savard

about it... but what harm is there in it? I love the Bruins and I always love to imagine our team getting better. If Soderberg does ever decide to come over... then I for one hope he will be great here. But until then, I wont post on it other then I guess to wonder why so many of you here are delighting in just simply crapping on some other posters fun in this thread here.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:51 AM
Zibanejad

Will Bruins lose his right after this season?

Old
12-09-2012, 06:56 AM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry View Post
So happy PC traded Versteeg for him.
I didn't mind it at the time but there were a few on this board who said right off the bat that this was a mistake. Of course I was really under the impression that Krejci kind of made Versteeg what he was in Providence, I was wrong about that.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Ratty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alberta_OReilly_Fan View Post
why the venom for this kid? if he doesnt come over... it must be because he wants to play at home right? how is this a sin?

dont some of us stay at one job close to home for family reasons? dont alot of us realize we might be able to get a better job if we were willing to relocate to some other country? maybe we could go up north and work oil field or something and make more money... but we choose to stay at home for a sick mother or to let our kids stay in the school they know their friends... or for whatever reason.

for me, if soderberg ever does come over and we still have his rights... then i hope he plays great for us. what possible benefit is it for us to wish the kid ill? or even to mock him? for anyone here that is saying that the kid cant make it in the NHL... you are unqualified for making that judgement. obviously, many people that do well in the swedish league, manage to come to the NHL and also do well. But then again, some dont.

what benefit is there for us to mock this kid who is putting his home/family life first?

I understand why some here want to follow the kid... and hope for the best... they are fans of the team and like to imagine best case possibilities. What harm is there in that? Why do you negative nellies feel the need to come here and crap all over it? If you cant be positive and hope for the best for this team we love... why bother to say anything at all? You likely are correct that he wont come over. He seems unlikely to come over... but why crap on those of us that want to dream?

why pretend to be experts on whether this kid could make it in the NHL or not?

Hell, I still love to dream that Cam Neely might make one more comeback... or that Marc Savard

about it... but what harm is there in it? I love the Bruins and I always love to imagine our team getting better. If Soderberg does ever decide to come over... then I for one hope he will be great here. But until then, I wont post on it other then I guess to wonder why so many of you here are delighting in just simply crapping on some other posters fun in this thread here.
Agree 100%, AO'RF. I don't understand the hate and the hope that, if he does come, he'll fail.

There are some on this site who would wrap themselves in the flag and the B's banner and condemn a player who spurns a contract to remain home with his family, like it's unamerican, or unboston, or something.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:08 PM
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zibanejad View Post
Will Bruins lose his right after this season?
I sure ****ing hope so ...

Old
12-09-2012, 02:48 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
Agree 100%, AO'RF. I don't understand the hate and the hope that, if he does come, he'll fail.

There are some on this site who would wrap themselves in the flag and the B's banner and condemn a player who spurns a contract to remain home with his family, like it's unamerican, or unboston, or something.

Yeah he'd have to risk a huge paycut playing in Providence too he earns far more in Sweden than he would down there on a 2 way deal.

He deserves credit for doing the only thing he possibly could to get his 1 way deal out of Chia- lighting up the SEL and being its best player.

Nothing else he can do to get one and playing in Providence is just not an option.

And a couple years ago he was sort of a poor prospect b/c he stayed with his hometown team out of loyalty when they were relegated and he was in a poor league. Now hes a much better prospect being the best player in the first or second best league currently going. And he is big. Bring him over.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:11 PM
JMiller

It sure seems like he could get a decent one way deal and step right in to a top six role on quite a few teams in the NHL- boston, not so much. Chia could just deal his rights for him to make the jump to a team with a little more desperation, space and patience.

Closed Thread