HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'-13' Draft Thread: Drouin & Monahan are LR's pick, what are yours?

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
mapes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Having seen Mackinnon and Drouin play a lot, I'm definitely hoping to get one of them. I honestly think Drouin would be great playing with Kessel, just feeding him the puck. But the WJC will be great to see some other top prospects, obviously Barkov.
I think Drouin is just as good as Nate offensively. Nate is just more well rounded and is good in all areas which makes me believe Drouin won't be on Team Canada unless the lockout ends but Nate might.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

MacKinnon will be there. You can bet your boots on it.

Drouin deserves to be there more than a few of the guys, but knowing Hockey Canada, and their being stupid quite often, he'll be left at home.

Old
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
MacKinnon will be there. You can bet your boots on it.

Drouin deserves to be there more than a few of the guys, but knowing Hockey Canada, and their being stupid quite often, he'll be left at home.
Ryan Murphy was left home twice, bet he makes it this time.. Though not sure he deserves it if he has a subpar camp.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Ryan Murphy was left home twice, bet he makes it this time.. Though not sure he deserves it if he has a subpar camp.
Murphy is redundant, when you're bringing better players in Rielly and Hamilton. But I figure he'll get the nod.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
mapes

Drouin 3 goals (1 shorty). 1 assist tonight

Nate 3 assists

Edit: wait, Nate had 4 assists. All primary assists

Last edited by mapes: 12-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
mapes

Crazy thing is, Drouin has to have one of the highest PPG numbers in the whole CHL and is only 17. 47 points in just 23 games

Old
12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Crazy thing is, Drouin has to have one of the highest PPG numbers in the whole CHL and is only 17. 47 points in just 23 games
Impressive to say the least.

I watched some of his most recent clips on the his thread in the prospects board and was actually laughing and how bad he made some people look. He's got some of the best mitts I've seen on a prospect in a while.

Old
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Interactif

Had a short chat with a scout I respect a lot tonight and he mentioned to me he loves Drouin, but he may even love Barkov more. We will see.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
RJQuack

Quote:
At a quick glance, yes.

If Drouin could have that mean streak MacKinnon does he'd get a lot more consideration for #1. HC normally takes one or zero 17yo's, but he's going to make it hard on Spott..

HC said age won't matter, but playign a more mature game will. Drouin fits the bill there.... I'm starting to re-think the "Drouin has no chance" thing now.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:27 AM
7even
Deus Ex Machina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post

I watched some of his most recent clips on the his thread in the prospects board and was actually laughing and how bad he made some people look. He's got some of the best mitts I've seen on a prospect in a while.
His backhand is sick. I don't want to be "this guy," but damn, his hands remind me of Stamkos when he was in Sarnia.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:48 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post

The thing with Drouin is, his hockey sence and vision is amazing, things that can't be taught. If he gets more well rounded, he will be an amazing player. This is why whoever drafts him might be smart to keep him in the Q to work on other areas.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
The thing with Drouin is, his hockey sence and vision is amazing, things that can't be taught. If he gets more well rounded, he will be an amazing player. This is why whoever drafts him might be smart to keep him in the Q to work on other areas.
I think ideally if he were to come to the bigs as a boss, give him two years 1 in the Q, and then AHL for seasoning regarding conditioning and areas such as defense and what not.

12-09-2012, 07:29 AM
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy

Drouin is starting to legit look like he could be picked in the top 3. His hockey iq with his hands are a lethal combo. I have to say he wasn't really on my radar at all this Summer.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:56 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
Drouin is starting to legit look like he could be picked in the top 3. His hockey iq with his hands are a lethal combo. I have to say he wasn't really on my radar at all this Summer.
He has immense Hockey IQ but whoever gets him should take their time with him IMO.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:47 AM
mapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He has immense Hockey IQ but whoever gets him should take their time with him IMO.
He might have the highest IQ in the draft. Definitely agree, if he isn't rushed to the NHL he could be an unreal player (similar to Giroux).

Old
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Interactif

As mentioned last night, a respected scout told me he loved Drouin, but he even loved Barkov more. There you go Finnish, I still need to see him at the Worlds to decide for myself but that is what I was told.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
mapes

Quote:
As mentioned last night, a respected scout told me he loved Drouin, but he even loved Barkov more. There you go Finnish, I still need to see him at the Worlds to decide for myself but that is what I was told.
So much talent this year and with a full season lockout possible, good chance we get someone really good

Old
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Interactif

Quote:
So much talent this year and with a full season lockout possible, good chance we get someone really good
Really the conversation I had started like this, I kinda mentioned Aki Berg and Kari Lehtonen as other highly touted Finns drafted that didn't meet their draft hype and that was basically the answered I got, I respect this scout's opinion enough to say Barkov will probably be top 3 in the picks this year.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Honest to god if burke can pull some Vancouver canuck style trade on draft day and pick two high picks, maybe mac and drouin...i'll lose it.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Really the conversation I had started like this, I kinda mentioned Aki Berg and Kari Lehtonen as other highly touted Finns drafted that didn't meet their draft hype and that was basically the answered I got, I respect this scout's opinion enough to say Barkov will probably be top 3 in the picks this year.
He has been actually quite good and IMO was more down due to injuries and systems of the thrashers.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Interactif

Quote:
He has been actually quite good and IMO was more down due to injuries and systems of the thrashers.
In relationship to being picked #2 I would say he is more of a dissapointment, but yeah he is not a bad goalie, just picked far too high.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
In relationship to being picked #2 I would say he is more of a dissapointment, but yeah he is not a bad goalie, just picked far too high.
That I can agree with. The only true top 5 goalie pick that's been worth it in recent time would be carey price for me.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Interactif

Quote:
That I can agree with. The only true top 5 goalie pick that's been worth it in recent time would be carey price for me.
Cam Ward was picked up much later in the 02 draft, if he were a top 5 pick that year I would have said that was a great pick also.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:53 AM
TheMadHatTrick

Not sure if it's been posted yet, but a recent Barkov highlight reel. Man I want this kid on the Leafs.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Is Drouin going to be at the Worlds?

Be hard to compare someone playing in the Q against someone playing against the world's best juniors.

But yes, I think we are all looking forward to seeing the tournament. I'm on holidays during the tournament so I'm good.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Closed Thread