HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

12'-13' Draft Thread: Drouin & Monahan are LR's pick, what are yours?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-08-2012, 05:25 PM
  #801
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
Having seen Mackinnon and Drouin play a lot, I'm definitely hoping to get one of them. I honestly think Drouin would be great playing with Kessel, just feeding him the puck. But the WJC will be great to see some other top prospects, obviously Barkov.
I think Drouin is just as good as Nate offensively. Nate is just more well rounded and is good in all areas which makes me believe Drouin won't be on Team Canada unless the lockout ends but Nate might.

mapes is online now  
Old
12-08-2012, 05:39 PM
  #802
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 500
MacKinnon will be there. You can bet your boots on it.

Drouin deserves to be there more than a few of the guys, but knowing Hockey Canada, and their being stupid quite often, he'll be left at home.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 07:40 PM
  #803
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErnieLeafs View Post
MacKinnon will be there. You can bet your boots on it.

Drouin deserves to be there more than a few of the guys, but knowing Hockey Canada, and their being stupid quite often, he'll be left at home.
Ryan Murphy was left home twice, bet he makes it this time.. Though not sure he deserves it if he has a subpar camp.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 08:36 PM
  #804
ErnieLeafs
LOVE & LIVE the Game
 
ErnieLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Windsor, Ont.
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,173
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Ryan Murphy was left home twice, bet he makes it this time.. Though not sure he deserves it if he has a subpar camp.
Murphy is redundant, when you're bringing better players in Rielly and Hamilton. But I figure he'll get the nod.

ErnieLeafs is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 08:51 PM
  #805
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Drouin 3 goals (1 shorty). 1 assist tonight

Nate 3 assists



Edit: wait, Nate had 4 assists. All primary assists


Last edited by mapes: 12-08-2012 at 09:08 PM.
mapes is online now  
Old
12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
  #806
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Crazy thing is, Drouin has to have one of the highest PPG numbers in the whole CHL and is only 17. 47 points in just 23 games

mapes is online now  
Old
12-08-2012, 10:03 PM
  #807
Rare Jewel
Patience
 
Rare Jewel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,180
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Crazy thing is, Drouin has to have one of the highest PPG numbers in the whole CHL and is only 17. 47 points in just 23 games
Impressive to say the least.

I watched some of his most recent clips on the his thread in the prospects board and was actually laughing and how bad he made some people look. He's got some of the best mitts I've seen on a prospect in a while.

Rare Jewel is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 10:15 PM
  #808
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
Had a short chat with a scout I respect a lot tonight and he mentioned to me he loves Drouin, but he may even love Barkov more. We will see.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-08-2012, 11:44 PM
  #809
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
Crazy thing is, Drouin has to have one of the highest PPG numbers in the whole CHL and is only 17. 47 points in just 23 games
At a quick glance, yes.

If Drouin could have that mean streak MacKinnon does he'd get a lot more consideration for #1. HC normally takes one or zero 17yo's, but he's going to make it hard on Spott..

HC said age won't matter, but playign a more mature game will. Drouin fits the bill there.... I'm starting to re-think the "Drouin has no chance" thing now.

RJQuack is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:27 AM
  #810
7even
Moderator
Deus Ex Machina
 
7even's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Georgia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Impressive to say the least.

I watched some of his most recent clips on the his thread in the prospects board and was actually laughing and how bad he made some people look. He's got some of the best mitts I've seen on a prospect in a while.
His backhand is sick. I don't want to be "this guy," but damn, his hands remind me of Stamkos when he was in Sarnia.

7even is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 06:48 AM
  #811
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
Impressive to say the least.

I watched some of his most recent clips on the his thread in the prospects board and was actually laughing and how bad he made some people look. He's got some of the best mitts I've seen on a prospect in a while.
The thing with Drouin is, his hockey sence and vision is amazing, things that can't be taught. If he gets more well rounded, he will be an amazing player. This is why whoever drafts him might be smart to keep him in the Q to work on other areas.

mapes is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:13 AM
  #812
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
The thing with Drouin is, his hockey sence and vision is amazing, things that can't be taught. If he gets more well rounded, he will be an amazing player. This is why whoever drafts him might be smart to keep him in the Q to work on other areas.
I think ideally if he were to come to the bigs as a boss, give him two years 1 in the Q, and then AHL for seasoning regarding conditioning and areas such as defense and what not.

__________________
Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:29 AM
  #813
TheNorthFace
Mo and Willy
 
TheNorthFace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,188
vCash: 500
Drouin is starting to legit look like he could be picked in the top 3. His hockey iq with his hands are a lethal combo. I have to say he wasn't really on my radar at all this Summer.

TheNorthFace is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:56 AM
  #814
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorthFace View Post
Drouin is starting to legit look like he could be picked in the top 3. His hockey iq with his hands are a lethal combo. I have to say he wasn't really on my radar at all this Summer.
He has immense Hockey IQ but whoever gets him should take their time with him IMO.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:47 AM
  #815
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He has immense Hockey IQ but whoever gets him should take their time with him IMO.
He might have the highest IQ in the draft. Definitely agree, if he isn't rushed to the NHL he could be an unreal player (similar to Giroux).

mapes is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
  #816
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
As mentioned last night, a respected scout told me he loved Drouin, but he even loved Barkov more. There you go Finnish, I still need to see him at the Worlds to decide for myself but that is what I was told.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
  #817
mapes
Registered User
 
mapes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 22,371
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
As mentioned last night, a respected scout told me he loved Drouin, but he even loved Barkov more. There you go Finnish, I still need to see him at the Worlds to decide for myself but that is what I was told.
So much talent this year and with a full season lockout possible, good chance we get someone really good

mapes is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
  #818
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
So much talent this year and with a full season lockout possible, good chance we get someone really good
Really the conversation I had started like this, I kinda mentioned Aki Berg and Kari Lehtonen as other highly touted Finns drafted that didn't meet their draft hype and that was basically the answered I got, I respect this scout's opinion enough to say Barkov will probably be top 3 in the picks this year.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:24 AM
  #819
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapes View Post
So much talent this year and with a full season lockout possible, good chance we get someone really good
Honest to god if burke can pull some Vancouver canuck style trade on draft day and pick two high picks, maybe mac and drouin...i'll lose it.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
  #820
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Really the conversation I had started like this, I kinda mentioned Aki Berg and Kari Lehtonen as other highly touted Finns drafted that didn't meet their draft hype and that was basically the answered I got, I respect this scout's opinion enough to say Barkov will probably be top 3 in the picks this year.
He has been actually quite good and IMO was more down due to injuries and systems of the thrashers.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:26 AM
  #821
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
He has been actually quite good and IMO was more down due to injuries and systems of the thrashers.
In relationship to being picked #2 I would say he is more of a dissapointment, but yeah he is not a bad goalie, just picked far too high.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:29 AM
  #822
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die
 
Leaf Rocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fredericton, NB
Country: India
Posts: 71,549
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
In relationship to being picked #2 I would say he is more of a dissapointment, but yeah he is not a bad goalie, just picked far too high.
That I can agree with. The only true top 5 goalie pick that's been worth it in recent time would be carey price for me.

Leaf Rocket is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:31 AM
  #823
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
That I can agree with. The only true top 5 goalie pick that's been worth it in recent time would be carey price for me.
Cam Ward was picked up much later in the 02 draft, if he were a top 5 pick that year I would have said that was a great pick also.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:53 AM
  #824
TheMadHatTrick
Registered User
 
TheMadHatTrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,652
vCash: 500
Not sure if it's been posted yet, but a recent Barkov highlight reel. Man I want this kid on the Leafs.


TheMadHatTrick is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
  #825
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 56,861
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
As mentioned last night, a respected scout told me he loved Drouin, but he even loved Barkov more. There you go Finnish, I still need to see him at the Worlds to decide for myself but that is what I was told.
Is Drouin going to be at the Worlds?

Be hard to compare someone playing in the Q against someone playing against the world's best juniors.

But yes, I think we are all looking forward to seeing the tournament. I'm on holidays during the tournament so I'm good.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.