HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl/Edm

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
Mtl/Edm

To the Canadiens: Yakupov
To the Oilers: PK Subban

Why Montreal does this, Yakupov is an exciting and legit offensive talent and can be reunited with former Sarnia teammate/linemate Galchenyuk

Why Edmonton does this, Subban is a up and coming top 2 defenceman, filling a need on the Edmonton blueline. With Whitney's injury history Edmonton needs a PP QB.

Subban didn't resign with Mtl andI think he wants out. Edmonton resigned Hemsky and has paid him as a top 6 RW (Yakupovs natural position) while Eberle is a lock first line RW.

Does other side need to add?

Flame away.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:53 AM
Habitant le colon

vCash: 500
mmmm nha !!

Old
12-09-2012, 03:05 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
NO!!!! I don't even like Yak as much as most Oiler fans, but this is no less ridiculous than the other 1000 times it was proposed. Montreal would need to add a significant asset. And no, the Oilers don't need a PP QB. Between Schultz, Petry, and Whitney, we'll be just fine

Old
12-09-2012, 03:07 AM
Habitant le colon

habs need to add when the Yak guy has not yet skate in the big league .... sure ... this is to end damn well !

Old
12-09-2012, 03:24 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Yak and Whitney for Suban and Galchenyuk. I'd consider it.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:28 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habitant le colon View Post
habs need to add when the Yak guy has not yet skate in the big league .... sure ... this is to end damn well !
Then I'm sure you'll be glad to trade us Galchenyuk for Plante eh? Give your head a shake

Old
12-09-2012, 03:50 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
The **** is this thread Jesus Christ...

Old
12-09-2012, 03:52 AM
Habitant le colon

you ARE talking about a top 2 if not number 1 def vs a high listed first round pick ... who needs to add ... and why on Earth would you consider Plante in that?? shaking head ... ... go get a map !!

Old
12-09-2012, 04:03 AM
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slatsmsg View Post
To the Canadiens: Yakupov
To the Oilers: PK Subban

Why Montreal does this, Yakupov is an exciting and legit offensive talent and can be reunited with former Sarnia teammate/linemate Galchenyuk

Why Edmonton does this, Subban is a up and coming top 2 defenceman, filling a need on the Edmonton blueline. With Whitney's injury history Edmonton needs a PP QB.

Subban didn't resign with Mtl andI think he wants out. Edmonton resigned Hemsky and has paid him as a top 6 RW (Yakupovs natural position) while Eberle is a lock first line RW.

Does other side need to add?

Flame away.
Impartial fan here, saying Edmonton has to add. Based on you know...this thing called logic...P.K. has established himself in the league. He is at worst a #3 defenseman on any team in the league. To say Montreal would have to add to a player who has yet to play a single game in the NHL is idiotic. Arguments can be made that any prospect can become the second coming of Jesus on skates, but the fact remains that the prospect isn't a guarantee.

Only on HF will a prospect who hasn't played a single game in the NHL be worth more than a player who has established himself as at worst a top 3 D in the league.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:36 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Impartial fan here, saying Edmonton has to add. Based on you know...this thing called logic...P.K. has established himself in the league. He is at worst a #3 defenseman on any team in the league. To say Montreal would have to add to a player who has yet to play a single game in the NHL is idiotic. Arguments can be made that any prospect can become the second coming of Jesus on skates, but the fact remains that the prospect isn't a guarantee.

Only on HF will a prospect who hasn't played a single game in the NHL be worth more than a player who has established himself as at worst a top 3 D in the league.
By the same Logic would you rather have a "proven" 10$ or a ticket with one chance out of two to win 50$ (25$ expectation) ?

If the expectation and the odds a player will become an NHL player are good enough, prospect have greater value than current player.

And isn't only on HF that a proven rivet is traded for Gorges and a pick. That a proven Gomez is traded for a McDonagh, That a proven Nieuwendyk is traded for Iginla.

How do you explain the Lindros trade ? Only on HF?

Last edited by palindrom: 12-09-2012 at 05:53 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 06:04 AM
vespa99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post

So by your "logic" you are saying that the holder of next years, or the year after, or the year afters 1st overall pick would trade that pick for a number 3 defenceman? Interesting logic you have going there.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:52 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
By the same Logic would you rather have a "proven" 10$ or a ticket with one chance out of two to win 50$ (25$ expectation) ?

If the expectation and the odds a player will become an NHL player are good enough, prospect have greater value than current player.

And isn't only on HF that a proven rivet is traded for Gorges and a pick. That a proven Gomez is traded for a McDonagh, That a proven Nieuwendyk is traded for Iginla.

How do you explain the Lindros trade ? Only on HF?
Terrible examples.

Gomez was traded with Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto for McDonaugh, Higgins, Valentenko, and Janik.

Nieuwendyk was in the midst of a contract dispute and he was traded for Iginla AND Corey Millen.

Lindros and Yakupov aren't on the same world right now. Lindros was hyped up to be the second coming of Gretzky, the only other first round pick in recent years that would reasonably fetch something like that would be Crosby.

When trading prospect for established talent, the team with the prospect always will add. Even if it's something as little as a third line forward or a sixth defenseman, they will add.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:58 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Terrible examples.

Gomez was traded with Tom Pyatt and Michael Busto for McDonaugh, Higgins, Valentenko, and Janik.

Nieuwendyk was in the midst of a contract dispute and he was traded for Iginla AND Corey Millen.

Lindros and Yakupov aren't on the same world right now. Lindros was hyped up to be the second coming of Gretzky, the only other first round pick in recent years that would reasonably fetch something like that would be Crosby.

When trading prospect for established talent, the team with the prospect always will add. Even if it's something as little as a third line forward or a sixth defenseman, they will add.
Always?

What did they add to Lindros?

There are plenty of examples where they didnt add to a prospect/pick to get a proven player.

On June 24, 2011 John-Michael Liles was traded by the Avalanche to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 2nd round pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft
on September 12, 2008, Robert Lang was traded to the Montreal Canadiens for a second-round draft pick in 2010.

Crosby was once just an unproven prospect too, would you had traded a proven 3 pairing defenseman for him in summer 2005?

Last edited by palindrom: 12-09-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 07:08 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
So by your "logic" you are saying that the holder of next years, or the year after, or the year afters 1st overall pick would trade that pick for a number 3 defenceman? Interesting logic you have going there.
Sublime example of politeness

Old
12-09-2012, 07:12 AM
WeridAl
YuckaFlux

I don't even like Yakupov, but no way would I want PK Subban in the Oilers locker room. Habs and Oilers don't mix well and have never made good trading partners, Oilers pass.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeridAl View Post
I don't even like Yakupov, but no way would I want PK Subban in the Oilers locker room. Habs and Oilers don't mix well and have never made good trading partners, Oilers pass.
Oh this old nugget again...

Old
12-09-2012, 07:51 AM
sharks9

Huge no from the Habs.

#1 defencemen are harder to find than first-line wingers and our defense would be terrible if this went through.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:59 AM
palindrom

I love Subban, he is my favorite player.

But this is the kind of overpayment that would force me to accept to trade him.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:03 AM
poetryinmotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
I love Subban, he is my favorite player.

But this is the kind of overpayment that would force me to accept to trade him.
You do not represent our fanbase at all, anyone can see right through you.

Overpayment.. yeah.. At best its fair value.

Subban and Price are your favourite players, amirite?

Old
12-09-2012, 08:08 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetryinmotion View Post
You do not represent our fanbase at all, anyone can see right through you.

Overpayment.. yeah.. At best its fair value.

Subban and Price are your favourite players, amirite?
This is absolutely, sincerely and with all my honestly correct.

Its just that i dont mix my heart and my head when it come to proposal.....and by this i completely agree that i dont represent our fanbase at all.

I go with what a believe is the best for the team. (often on the long term)

Just a question? how many of you took into consideration the possibility in the new CBA that the entry level contract will be 5 years when considering this proposal? I dont mean its the end of all, but its the kind of details that matter.

i expect the next CBA to increase the value of prospect like Yakupov. ( it could also increase Subban value, by moving the UFA eligibility to 28yo, so we could be able to negotiate a better contract.)

Last edited by palindrom: 12-09-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 08:21 AM
FanHabtic

The only thing the habs would add to make this trade palatable is scott gomez.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:01 AM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

No one adds. IMO.

Habs fans can complain that they would lose a already established player for a prospect.

However; with the Galchenyuk factor, it makes it a no brainer.

You would be trading for Boardwalk, when you already have a parkplace.

Last edited by Sterling31: 12-09-2012 at 09:06 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
theboss*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
Yak and Whitney for Suban and Galchenyuk. I'd consider it.
Habs get bent over

Old
12-09-2012, 09:06 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy8920 View Post
No one adds. IMO.

The habs fans can complain that they would lose a already established player for a prospect.

However with the Galchenyuk factor, it makes it a no brainer.

You would be trading for Boardwalk, when you already have a parkplace.
And you know the funny thing ? Summer 2016 i could see the possibility Subban come back in Montreal organization as UFA.

Subban love Montreal, and It would not be the first time that a player a team traded would come back as UFA.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I think this type of proposal should be banned... I mean, neither side does it and the rational neutral fans that come in, neither side takes their opinion into question when it's the one people should be looking for.

Closed Thread