HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

*OFFICIAL* Windsor Spitfires 2012-13 Season Thread (Part 6)

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 02:22 PM
Sec108

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks3 View Post
Alu was quite a prize I have seen him spit into the knights bench. It was brutal.
And your point is............???

Old
12-08-2012, 07:53 PM
hockeylegend11

Going into the game against Oshawa Spits are 4-4-1-1 in their last 10 games,in that stretch they have scored only 21 goals,excluding shootout goal winners,and have allowed only 24 goals in the same 10 games excluding empty netters and shootout goals
In fact they allowed 6 in the 1st game of 10 at Barrie in that overtime when the colts scored 2 late goals to force ot and eventually win it
In the other 9 games Pavelka has played 6 and allowed 11 goals,and DeKort has played 3 and allowed 7 goals
Pretty impressive stats and showings by both goalies,as well their save percentage by both is over .910
Offensively they have struggled with Vail having only 4pts in the last 10,while newcomer Trevor Murphy has scored the 3rd most pts with 5 in his 1st 7 games as a Spit
Its nice to see Ben Johnson come alive as he has scored 3 goals in his last 4 games,after a terrible drought
The Spits successes in the shootouts have really boosted this teams fortunes,believe they have scored 9 or 10 goals in their last 3 shootouts resulting in the 2 wins,plus HoSang has hit 2 posts in his last 2 attempts
Should be interesting against a physical team who should be all jacked up for their coach DJ Smith

Old
12-08-2012, 09:44 PM
Sec108

Anyone go to the NHLPA charity game?? How was it and how many fan's showed up???

thx.

Old
12-08-2012, 11:48 PM
Hawks3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
And your point is............???
He was an idiot

Old
12-09-2012, 12:31 AM
hockeyboy4

is ho-sangs draft year next year or in 2 years because of his birth date, i dont know much about that

Old
12-09-2012, 01:02 AM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec108 View Post
Anyone go to the NHLPA charity game?? How was it and how many fan's showed up???

thx.
Article says 4500 which is pretty darn good. Originally when I saw prices I would have thought they would be lucky to get 1000.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:08 AM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyboy4 View Post
is ho-sangs draft year next year or in 2 years because of his birth date, i dont know much about that

2013: 9/16/94 - 9/15/95
2014: 9/16/95 - 9/15/96

Old
12-09-2012, 08:48 AM
KyGuy9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Article says 4500 which is pretty darn good. Originally when I saw prices I would have thought they would be lucky to get 1000.
It was fun, but also boring. Like an All star game. Man, do they need a better plan for autograph signings! We had to wait outside all the way to the community area to meet the players in the concourse. Most of the tickets were given out. That's how I got mine. Lots of complimentary tickets, so not everyone purchased their tickets. A lot of players left early before the autograph signing finished, but kudos to Jonas Gustavsson, Niklas Kronwall, Shawn Horcoff, Justin Abkelkader, Darren Helm, Matt Ellis, Cory Emmerton, David Clarkson, Matt Martin adn jonathan Ericsson for staying the whole time and being a pleasure to get autographs from.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Sec108

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyGuy9 View Post
It was fun, but also boring. Like an All star game. Man, do they need a better plan for autograph signings! We had to wait outside all the way to the community area to meet the players in the concourse. Most of the tickets were given out. That's how I got mine. Lots of complimentary tickets, so not everyone purchased their tickets. A lot of players left early before the autograph signing finished, but kudos to Jonas Gustavsson, Niklas Kronwall, Shawn Horcoff, Justin Abkelkader, Darren Helm, Matt Ellis, Cory Emmerton, David Clarkson, Matt Martin adn jonathan Ericsson for staying the whole time and being a pleasure to get autographs from.

I think they shot themselves in the foot with the ticket prices.$25-30 would have been more reasonable and maybe a sellout.Economy is bad and right before Christmas and all.Got Howard and Cleary to sighn my Wings hat on thurs. ,not often you can get those players.I was also afraid of about 1000 tickets since theey sounded really desparate asking people to please go at the autograph table.glad it turned out good.I 'll keep my bucks for a real NHL game if ever,lol.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:49 PM
spitz fan 4ever

nice win by the spits 2day, 4th in a row, maybe a sign of things turning around, and great game for Murphy, what a blast from the point..kid has to stay out of the box though

Old
12-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Ottomatic

Murphy has 11 points in 9 games as a Spitfire now. He does have penalty issues, and hopefully he can get a handle on those but as a 17 yo old I'll take the bad penalties for the points he's putting up right now.

Spits stringing together some wins might take some pressure off of HAVING to make a move - we're still a flawed as hell team and need another top six scoring option in the worst way, but these wins should allow WR to make moves not out of desperation - and teams looking to trade with us will not be able to try and rip the Spits off figuring we need to make a move to shake things up and make it look like Rychels doing something.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:53 PM
Windsor Chief

Don't fret the penalty today- it was a garbage call and the second referee gave a makeup call shortly thereafter with a weak slashing penalty to Oshawa. BUT Murphy will need to learn not to take the second penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct, which WAS warranted.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:21 PM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottomatic View Post
Murphy has 11 points in 9 games as a Spitfire now. He does have penalty issues, and hopefully he can get a handle on those but as a 17 yo old I'll take the bad penalties for the points he's putting up right now.

Spits stringing together some wins might take some pressure off of HAVING to make a move - we're still a flawed as hell team and need another top six scoring option in the worst way, but these wins should allow WR to make moves not out of desperation - and teams looking to trade with us will not be able to try and rip the Spits off figuring we need to make a move to shake things up and make it look like Rychels doing something.
Actually Murphy has 8 pts in 8 games as a Spit including 3 goals,2 of which are game winners
Otto u are correct sure would like to pick up another scorer
Interesting stat Knights on a 18 game winning streak,the team with the leagues 2nd best current winning streak is Windsor at 4,plus they have not lost in 5 in regulation,counting the shootout loss
The team is finding a way to win which certainly was not the case 12-14 days ago

Old
12-09-2012, 08:22 PM
Sec108

Nice game today,had a playoff atmosphere.Finally spits playing with a sense of urgency.
Murphy strong game, kid is going to be a nice D man for future.everyone working every shift looked like they wanted this one real bad against DJ.This string of wins will bode well for next year with a few more key pieces.Maybe Koko aft the WJ will help us fin. a stronger season this year.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:30 PM
OHLTG

This games proves officials really can change the balance of the game.

Windsor comes out like gangbusters, hitting everything that moves, and forcing Oshawa to do the same. If you can't beat 'em, join 'em...Oshawa had no choice but to take that mentality.

2-1 Oshawa mid-way through, the Generals appear to score. They go upstairs, ruled a high-stick (after a lengthy review). No goal. They showed it on the big-screen, which I thought was kind of neat.

Spits tie it up, then win it with a great shot from the point from Murphy. The kid is becoming a fan favourite very fast. If he could only reduce his minor penalties...well, I won't go there

Hearing DJ yelling from the bench from literally the opening draw made me laugh. Oshawa certainly plays hard for him. I think Windsor just had a bit of a spring in their step.

Take the win, move to next weekend...finish the first-half strong!

Old
12-09-2012, 09:01 PM
Spitsfan67*

I still say IF Khoklachev comes back they should trade him, people might not want to and I really wouldnt want to but you have to be realistic he wouldn't be in the OHL Next season, so we mine as well trade him and get as much for him as possible(2nd,3rd,95/96 good young forward), some people say its to much but if a team really Wants to make a push Koko is a great skilled player that will inhance there chances dramatically and we help our selves for next year and in the future.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Spitsfan67*

I can tell you us fans wernt the only ones getting ticked off with the garbage reffing, I sit next to the zamboni door and Warren Rychel was there after the first and giving the refs an ear full.

Game was a good effort all around started great out of the gate, clean hit by Bilcke but obviously they call a penalty and the Gens score with a big assist to the ref, spits made there third straight comeback which is good but they can't keep putting them selves in a hole. Petes fan and GM must be kicking himself in the ***, I mean they get Devlin who was one of the players I disliked the most on are team and they get Shoe who wants nothing to do with them, and we get Lorentz and Murphy who is killing it here it must just be being back at home and playing for his home town team, hope fully he can keep er going.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I still say IF Khoklachev comes back they should trade him, people might not want to and I really wouldnt want to but you have to be realistic he wouldn't be in the OHL Next season, so we mine as well trade him and get as much for him as possible(2nd,3rd,95/96 good young forward), some people say its to much but if a team really Wants to make a push Koko is a great skilled player that will inhance there chances dramatically and we help our selves for next year and in the future.
I'd do whatever Koko wanted if it meant he would come back to the OHL. If he wanted to be traded to a contender - I'd do it and if he wanted to stay - fine by me.

With Koko I think we could be the 4th seed in the West, and we need to make a good playoff run as that's when the Mem Cup hosting decision is being made. Sure Koko wouldn't be back next year - but given we don't have a 1st rounder I'm hoping WR buys the top available import pick next year - so we'd essentially be showing what we'd be next year by playing with Koko in the play-offs this year. Sure the import wouldn't be as good as Koko would be this year, but all of our dudes would be a year older and Ho-Sang and Sanvido could have a solid play-off run under their belts.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:25 PM
RayzorIsDull

Quote:

I agree with all of this. This afternoon I thought Bateman was absolutely horrible, you have to think the end of the road is coming for him. Still need to make more strides as a team, take the wins while you can. Still think this team ends up as a 7th or 8th seed.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:29 PM
RayzorIsDull

Khokhlachev has been playing very well recently for Moscow. He might be finally adjusting to things in the KHL.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Ottomatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayzorIsDull View Post
Khokhlachev has been playing very well recently for Moscow. He might be finally adjusting to things in the KHL.
Yeah, it's more a pipe dream than anything. Gotta have hope. Still only has 7 points in 26 games and I don't think Boston would really want him adjusting to the KHL either.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
punch1943

Quote:
I'd do whatever Koko wanted if it meant he would come back to the OHL. If he wanted to be traded to a contender - I'd do it and if he wanted to stay - fine by me.

With Koko I think we could be the 4th seed in the West, and we need to make a good playoff run as that's when the Mem Cup hosting decision is being made. Sure Koko wouldn't be back next year - but given we don't have a 1st rounder I'm hoping WR buys the top available import pick next year - so we'd essentially be showing what we'd be next year by playing with Koko in the play-offs this year. Sure the import wouldn't be as good as Koko would be this year, but all of our dudes would be a year older and Ho-Sang and Sanvido could have a solid play-off run under their belts.
Well put Otto. Playing in the KHL he is of absolutely no value to us. If he heads back to the OHL he is of great value if he plays for the Spits and of good value if he gets sent to a contender. As you know we don't pick til the 3rd round in 2013. (A couple of 2nd round picks would come in handy). He played well in the Subway series and has picked up his game in the KHL since.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:18 AM
KnightSpit

Ho-Sang

Quote:
Originally Posted by south of the border View Post
Ho Sang keeps improving and he is fun to watch! Other teams starting to body him more effectively as they seem him for second and third times. Sanvido was frozen on Tolchinsky goal right next to shooter, not great. Vail line was very strong on Cousins line all night [not a great face-off night though] and for the last 2 minutes of game it got pretty rough [as it should], lots of hits and stick play by Vail which I think was what led Cousins to the "cup check" - he was very frustrated. We will see again in about a week.
You are right that he is fun to watch and will only get better. This kid is so under the radar and by next year will take this league by storm.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:36 AM
HometownHockey
HFB Partner

Windsor Spitfires, London Knights rivalry leads to assault charges

Windsor Spitfires, London Knights rivalry leads to assault

On Saturday December 8, 2012 at approximately 12:45 a.m. Windsor Police were dispatched to the area of Pitt Street and Ferry Street for a report of an assault. Upon arrival police observed a 23 year old male victim with his 21 year old girlfriend.

The victim was bleeding from a cut under his right eye. He suffered a broken nose as well as a chipped tooth.

READ MORE...
http://www.ourhometown.ca/windsor/news/NL0315.php

Last edited by HometownHockey: 12-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM
OHLTG

The accused, if found guilty, should be banned from the WFCU Centre. Stupid **** like that is what gives us a bad name.

Closed Thread