HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 07:16 AM
  #126
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
There definately is "I" IN team.

http://www.google.ca/search?q=i+in+t...w=1280&bih=588

leafspring* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:11 AM
  #127
eyeball11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,896
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
ďIíve been putting in a lot of work off the ice as I have on the ice,Ē Kadri said. ďItís nice to see it pay off. Iíve been buying into the system. Iíve been doing everything that I possibly can to make myself better. It seems like Iím starting to get the luck of the draw lately. But, by all means, I have to continue producing.Ē

This was part of his post game presser

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-americans-4-3
It would probably help to know what the question was, right?

eyeball11 is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:04 AM
  #128
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
ďIíve been putting in a lot of work off the ice as I have on the ice,Ē Kadri said. ďItís nice to see it pay off. Iíve been buying into the system. Iíve been doing everything that I possibly can to make myself better. It seems like Iím starting to get the luck of the draw lately. But, by all means, I have to continue producing.Ē

This was part of his post game presser

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-americans-4-3
Good god, are your being serious?

This is concrete evidence of the strange bias hate for Kadri by some. It's pathetic really.

The Naz is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:15 AM
  #129
The Naz
With God given hands
 
The Naz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,352
vCash: 500
I know it's cherry picking, but take away Kadri's first 9 games, and your looking at 12 games, 6g-12a-18pts. Not too shabby.

The Naz is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:27 AM
  #130
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeball11 View Post
It would probably help to know what the question was, right?
Frost: "Nazem Kadri, a 3 point game, and we were just joking about the hockey Gods, but things are certainly rounding out in your favor in the last couple of weeks. What has turned for you, Naz?"

Clearly, Frost wanted to know Kadri's opinions on the team's success of late.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:42 AM
  #131
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Good god, are your being serious?

This is concrete evidence of the strange bias hate for Kadri by some. It's pathetic really.
Yet, we have unconditional love for other Leafs players here. It is peculiar, if Kadri wore #84 as opposed to #13, he would be hailed as a god around here. I don't understand the negativity surrounding this kid.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:50 AM
  #132
Duke Silver
Truce?
 
Duke Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,759
vCash: 450
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
ďIíve been putting in a lot of work off the ice as I have on the ice,Ē Kadri said. ďItís nice to see it pay off. Iíve been buying into the system. Iíve been doing everything that I possibly can to make myself better. It seems like Iím starting to get the luck of the draw lately. But, by all means, I have to continue producing.Ē

This was part of his post game presser

http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey...-americans-4-3
Surely you jest.

Duke Silver is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
  #133
Sundinisagod
King Joffrey 2.0
 
Sundinisagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 7,026
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Good god, are your being serious?

This is concrete evidence of the strange bias hate for Kadri by some. It's pathetic really.
I'll admit I haven't been Kadri's biggest supporter but he is starting to win me over with his play.

Sundinisagod is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:06 AM
  #134
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinisagod View Post
I'll admit I haven't been Kadri's biggest supporter but he is starting to win me over with his play.
Besides the obvious points, the one thing I always liked about Kadri is he plays big when the games get more important, I recall his last year in London, he led the OHL in playoff points prior to the Knights being ousted. He also plays on the edge, these are traits none of our Center's on the big club have. And he is still only 22. Maybe Cherry was right all along.


Last edited by ULF_55: 12-09-2012 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Kadri was 22 before the season started.
Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
  #135
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I know it's cherry picking, but take away Kadri's first 9 games, and your looking at 12 games, 6g-12a-18pts. Not too shabby.
Yes, he seems to be moving the puck very nicely now. It is when he holds it too long that things don't go so well.

Yesterday he tried to pass and it went off the defender into the net, but he got rewarded for trying to pass. Then on the 2nd. Gardiner goal he held it for about 1 second and moved it to Gardiner.

If he stops trying to beat people one on one when there is an option he'll continue to rack up the points.

Eakins has to keep beating that into him.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:00 AM
  #136
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,717
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yes, he seems to be moving the puck very nicely now. It is when he holds it too long that things don't go so well.

Yesterday he tried to pass and it went off the defender into the net, but he got rewarded for trying to pass. Then on the 2nd. Gardiner goal he held it for about 1 second and moved it to Gardiner.

If he stops trying to beat people one on one when there is an option he'll continue to rack up the points.

Eakins has to keep beating that into him.
Comes down to elite ice vision with Naz, he's a creative player, his passes are at times too harshly criticized as turnovers. All creative players make high risk plays. As long as Naz is able to connect on these passes more than he fails and he knows when to be more creative, he will be fine. But I bet he can have a great game and some will focus on the 1 play that didn't connect. This is going to be the type of player he will become in the NHL. You can't stunt his creatvity, that's the player we drafted. He is what he is. No use forcing a round peg into a square hole.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
  #137
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Comes down to elite ice vision with Naz, he's a creative player, his passes are at times too harshly criticized as turnovers. All creative players make high risk plays. As long as Naz is able to connect on these passes more than he fails and he knows when to be more creative, he will be fine. But I bet he can have a great game and some will focus on the 1 play that didn't connect. This is going to be the type of player he will become in the NHL. You can't stunt his creatvity, that's the player we drafted. He is what he is. No use forcing a round peg into a square hole.
Agreed.

He hasn't been ready to play in the NHL, that was obvious from watching him try, but he's looking much better. Maybe it was from playing the OHL, where he was so much better than other players that he didn't need to move the puck so quickly, and now he respects the talent around him more.

He goes from playing against kids, most who wouldn't ever become full time professionals, to playing against NHL players and AHL players who are the best from around the world, not just the best kids in his area.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:25 AM
  #138
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,645
vCash: 50
When it comes to Kadri I don't think there is anything more he can learn in the AHL. For 3 years now (I think) they have tried to get him to make the smart pay and play better defensively. He has made huge strides in both of these regards, good enough that I think he can be a full time NHLer. Until it happens we won't know if he can be but I think once the NHL starts up again it's time for him to sink or swim.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:32 AM
  #139
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke
 
Nazem Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francais-land
Country: France
Posts: 10,035
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
to summarize, it is his shape up or ship out year

Nazem Gretzky is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:34 AM
  #140
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
When it comes to Kadri I don't think there is anything more he can learn in the AHL. For 3 years now (I think) they have tried to get him to make the smart pay and play better defensively. He has made huge strides in both of these regards, good enough that I think he can be a full time NHLer. Until it happens we won't know if he can be but I think once the NHL starts up again it's time for him to sink or swim.
I was glad to see he was centering a line last night.

Was also happy to see Ross getting some playing time.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:35 AM
  #141
Michael Gary Scott
Toronto Maple Tron's
 
Michael Gary Scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
to summarize, it is his shape up or ship out year
Not if there's no NHL season

Michael Gary Scott is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:36 AM
  #142
therealkoho
Gary says it's A-OK
 
therealkoho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: the Prior
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Yes, he seems to be moving the puck very nicely now. It is when he holds it too long that things don't go so well.

Yesterday he tried to pass and it went off the defender into the net, but he got rewarded for trying to pass. Then on the 2nd. Gardiner goal he held it for about 1 second and moved it to Gardiner.

If he stops trying to beat people one on one when there is an option he'll continue to rack up the points.

Eakins has to keep beating that into him.
I would watch that replay again if I were you

therealkoho is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:39 AM
  #143
OptimusForever
#teambernier
 
OptimusForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,454
vCash: 50
Only 18 pts in the last 12 games?? Pathetic...
I can't believe the lengths people go to on this board to bash on one our top prospects, it's embarrassing.

OptimusForever is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:46 AM
  #144
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
I was glad to see he was centering a line last night.

Was also happy to see Ross getting some playing time.
I'm not convinced he will play center in his first full NHL season but it is good to see that he is getting more practice there.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:58 AM
  #145
MeowLeafs
LM is awesome
 
MeowLeafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Baconland
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,846
vCash: 500
He's been playing great, but I just cannot see him as a 1st line player in the NHL. I think he can be a 55ish point 2nd liner, but he might fall into the 3rd liner category.

MeowLeafs is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:06 PM
  #146
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
I'm not convinced he will play center in his first full NHL season but it is good to see that he is getting more practice there.
Oh, he looks no where near a top line center for the NHL, but he should be able to get time there and if he is capable move into a 2nd. line center role.

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:09 PM
  #147
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by therealkoho View Post
I would watch that replay again if I were you
http://video.mapleleafs.nhl.com/vide...sole?catid=446

Do you mean this one?

ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:12 PM
  #148
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ULF_55 View Post
Oh, he looks no where near a top line center for the NHL, but he should be able to get time there and if he is capable move into a 2nd. line center role.
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing JVR-Connolly-Kessel......Lupul-Grabo-Kadri as our top 2 lines. The 2nd line being sheltered minutes. Give Kadri some time at center every now and then on that line, maybe all the time if Grabo gets hurt. I know people don't like this though since I break up the combo of Lupul-Kessel

I just think Kadri should be sheltered still to start off (as all rookies are), he won't be getting that on the top line and our 3rd line has become a shutdown unit so I think it should be on the 2nd line with Grabo. Those 2 playing sheltered minutes along with Lupul could be a deadly line. Lupul may need to move up to the first and JVR down to the 2nd if things aren't working out but regardless I think it would be for some exciting hockey.

Grant is online now  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:26 PM
  #149
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Isle of Man
Posts: 5,710
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
I know it's cherry picking, but take away Kadri's first 9 games, and your looking at 12 games, 6g-12a-18pts. Not too shabby.
He's a Centre not a winger maybe the incompetent Leaf Management has finally figured it out, Maybe

FreeBird is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 12:50 PM
  #150
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,674
vCash: 500
Kadri has the skills to reach 60 points in the NHL, the problem has always been his attitude. He has never really committed much to his training and thats why he is weaker and slower than he should be at this age. I know he says that he has finally bought into the system but Im gonna wait until the results of his next offseason training before I actually buy that. Just like his first few games werent reflective of his play, so havent been his last few. He has been getting a lot of lucky points from what I have been seen. Overall I think ppg has been pretty reflective of his play this year imo. But thats not enough. He was ppg in his first AHL season with lesser teammates. Now its time to step it up.

Beleafer4 is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.