HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT Thread Part VII : Tips and Tricks Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 09:30 AM
  #351
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Woke up dizzy as hell and hit the bowl. Dunno why. I feel better now though
I get bloated on top of being dizzy

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:32 AM
  #352
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
I get bloated on top of being dizzy
How why? I think for me, I've been feeling *****y cause ive ben going to bed early and waking up at 5 am every day and I'm not quite used to it yet. Around 8 or 9 I start to feel better.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:35 AM
  #353
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
How why? I think for me, I've been feeling *****y cause ive ben going to bed early and waking up at 5 am every day and I'm not quite used to it yet. Around 8 or 9 I start to feel better.
idk lol I didn't even have a lot last night, I think I threw up from the nervousness

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:36 AM
  #354
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
idk lol I didn't even have a lot last night, I think I threw up from the nervousness
I don't touch alcohol etc. I think I just am disease riddled and don't know it

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
  #355
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I don't touch alcohol etc. I think I just am disease riddled and don't know it
ohh **** haha, any clue why that happened?

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:42 AM
  #356
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
ohh **** haha, any clue why that happened?
I think I'm just not adjusted to when my body wakes up yet. It's been happening every morning

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:46 AM
  #357
Ave Maria
New Season New Dream
 
Ave Maria's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Westchester,NY
Country: Italy
Posts: 2,457
vCash: 500
Send a message via Skype™ to Ave Maria
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I think I'm just not adjusted to when my body wakes up yet. It's been happening every morning
damn, good luck

Ave Maria is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:47 AM
  #358
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by o 16 Avery NYR o View Post
damn, good luck
I don't even think I should bother. The 7-11 is hiring and I wanna do overnight/ 3rd shift. That way It's almost guaranteed I get the job.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:03 AM
  #359
SERE 24
LGR
 
SERE 24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 9,785
vCash: 500
I haven't thrown up from alcohol in years. I'd wager I drink more than most posters considering my days partying with the college team, the fact that I brew my own beer and that I drink a lot of scotch on the rocks. I do brewery tours and beer festivals regularly too, but being 200lbs probably helps with the tolerance. I will say, however, that daytime I get massively drunk it's a guarantee that I'll be awake between 6-9am and that by noon I'll have a headache that keeps me on the couch all day. Still proud of the iron constitution. I've had some of the wildest, drunkest, most absurd nights (95% of them in college, obviously) of anyone I know and probably thrown up less than a dozen times in almost 10 years of drinking.

SERE 24 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:06 AM
  #360
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,296
vCash: 500
TCRF I used to have a similar issue. If I woke up earlier than I was used to I used to be incredibly nauseas and couldn't eat anything for a couple of hours after I woke up. I never threw up, though felt like I was going to a few days for sure. I don't know what it was, or why it passed... I guess it just shows the importance of being able to set yourself into a steady program.

Tough to do if you have classes at let's say 9am on Monday, and then you don't start 'til noon on Tuesday. But I'd say it's better to just wake up at the same time every day, certainly better for your body I'm sure.

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:09 AM
  #361
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'
 
Bob Richards's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 46,400
vCash: 50
Headache time.

This glass of Orange Juice is the best thing I've consumed all week.

__________________
"New day, new hope. Richards Buyout 2014". -Ail
Bob Richards is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:09 AM
  #362
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
TCRF I used to have a similar issue. If I woke up earlier than I was used to I used to be incredibly nauseas and couldn't eat anything for a couple of hours after I woke up. I never threw up, though felt like I was going to a few days for sure. I don't know what it was, or why it passed... I guess it just shows the importance of being able to set yourself into a steady program.

Tough to do if you have classes at let's say 9am on Monday, and then you don't start 'til noon on Tuesday. But I'd say it's better to just wake up at the same time every day, certainly better for your body I'm sure.
I'm trying to get up every day around 5. I used to be an early early bird. We have finals now, so after I'm going to apply for overnight shifts at 7/11.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:16 AM
  #363
silverfish
Mr. Glass
 
silverfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Standing on a Train
Country: United States
Posts: 15,296
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I'm trying to get up every day around 5. I used to be an early early bird. We have finals now, so after I'm going to apply for overnight shifts at 7/11.
Damn, 5 is early. Maybe you're just waking up in the middle of a REM cycle, rather than sleeping through it. Could account for your grogginess/nausea. But I'm not a doctor, nor did I study in this area, so I could be way off.

Anyways, maybe check this website out http://sleepyti.me/ and try it out. Hopefully you'll wake up in between REM cycles and feel a little more refreshed.

And good luck on your finals! I miss UB

silverfish is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 11:21 AM
  #364
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Damn, 5 is early. Maybe you're just waking up in the middle of a REM cycle, rather than sleeping through it. Could account for your grogginess/nausea. But I'm not a doctor, nor did I study in this area, so I could be way off.

Anyways, maybe check this website out http://sleepyti.me/ and try it out. Hopefully you'll wake up in between REM cycles and feel a little more refreshed.

And good luck on your finals! I miss UB
Thanks man. I hope I do well. I think chemistry is hard but I'll be okay!

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:05 PM
  #365
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
I'm getting a job at VW fellas something to keep me busy and pursuing my goal of being a magician of human interactions, thoughts, and manipulations. $14/Hour + Commision. Raise after 3 months probation to $15.12/hour and apparently the average salesman makes $500 in Commision. I'll be going for the crown of sales of course....

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
  #366
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
I'm getting a job at VW fellas something to keep me busy and pursuing my goal of being a magician of human interactions, thoughts, and manipulations. $14/Hour + Commision. Raise after 3 months probation to $15.12/hour and apparently the average salesman makes $500 in Commision. I'll be going for the crown of sales of course....
Have fun!
Went to a Chrysler dealership in Florida in August, and it was amazing
Seemed like a great place to work.

So.... discounts?

__________________
Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 07:43 PM
  #367
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Have fun!
Went to a Chrysler dealership in Florida in August, and it was amazing
Seemed like a great place to work.

So.... discounts?
haven't asked

It looks like it's around 8-15% depending on model and dealership. I'll be charming my way to as high of a discount as possible because I'm fairly high maintenance and I prefer a new car so with this discount, I won't have to shell out depreciation money etc. Of course, nothing until after my probation is up I might just get a middle range Jetta. Those things look pretty decent and VW is my favorite non-luxury brand so

Haven't been officially scheduled yet btw so it has not begun.

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:33 PM
  #368
Silence Of The Plams
Zemgod
 
Silence Of The Plams's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Lancaster, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,846
vCash: 500
I wish I could gets a job at a car dealer.

Silence Of The Plams is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:34 PM
  #369
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
A new yogurt/salad shop is opening up in town. My friend is family friends with the owner so he's getting a job and he's gonna hook me up with one as well. Gonna start in January. Should be fun working with my friend

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:39 PM
  #370
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
haven't asked

It looks like it's around 8-15% depending on model and dealership. I'll be charming my way to as high of a discount as possible because I'm fairly high maintenance and I prefer a new car so with this discount, I won't have to shell out depreciation money etc. Of course, nothing until after my probation is up I might just get a middle range Jetta. Those things look pretty decent and VW is my favorite non-luxury brand so

Haven't been officially scheduled yet btw so it has not begun.
A Jetta?

VW owns Audi....
and Bentley....
and Bugatti....
and Porsche....
and Lamborghini....



What happened to all that Poker money!?!?!

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:51 PM
  #371
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
A Jetta?

VW owns Audi....
and Bentley....
and Bugatti....
and Porsche....
and Lamborghini....



What happened to all that Poker money!?!?!
refer to my long winded status on FB from last night/morning.

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
  #372
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callys Chicken Parm View Post
A new yogurt/salad shop is opening up in town. My friend is family friends with the owner so he's getting a job and he's gonna hook me up with one as well. Gonna start in January. Should be fun working with my friend
Are yogurt/salad shop a normal thing for you guys? Interesting combination.

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
  #373
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I wish I could gets a job at a car dealer.
Put on a dress shirt and a tux vest, walk into a dealership and turn on the smiles and the charm. If you can convince them that you have the confidence and ability to convince them to give you a job, then they will see you as having the ability to sell cars which will then convince them to give you the job and voila. Some sales background is always nice too

Cresto is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
  #374
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils
 
Tanner Glass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 17,519
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCresty View Post
refer to my long winded status on FB from last night/morning.
Well, I'd never buy a German car in the US. Way cheaper locally

Tanner Glass is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 09:03 PM
  #375
Cresto
In the pantry
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,991
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Del Ziti View Post
Well, I'd never buy a German car in the US. Way cheaper locally
Not into too many other brands.

Cresto is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:06 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.