HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kristo wanting to join Habs next season

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-07-2012, 01:49 PM
  #51
CaptainIginla
The king is back
 
CaptainIginla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 2,559
vCash: 515
Then why he decided not to play in the AHL this year?

CaptainIginla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 09:24 PM
  #52
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Then why he decided not to play in the AHL this year?
He wanted to finish his senior year at UND and have a chance at winning the National title.

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:01 PM
  #53
Habitant by heart
Registered User
 
Habitant by heart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 69
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe View Post
Like you said they are not related. Growing up I only played hockey with friends on the street and used a right handed stick because I prefered the feeling of having my stronger hand lower down on the stick. A lot of my friends who played organized hockey said they liked having their strong hand at the top of the stick for poke checking and such.

I don't believe that shooting Left makes you Lefthanded.
I like keeping my right hand high on the stick because I feel like I have more control over my own stick. And of course poke checks.

Habitant by heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:11 PM
  #54
zzoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Country: Vietnam
Posts: 2,141
vCash: 500
Danny, please get some points. You were held pointless in the last two games, and hopefully not tonight. You just got 2 pts in the last 4 games..

zzoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 10:47 PM
  #55
Richiebottles
Big Mike !
 
Richiebottles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 8,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzoo View Post
Danny, please get some points. You were held pointless in the last two games, and hopefully not tonight. You just got 2 pts in the last 4 games..
Stats dont mean everything tough. I havent seen him play so I dunno if he is doing other stuff right... It is pretty hard to get points on a consistent basis in the NCAA.

But I agree. KRISTO GET ME SOME POINTS !

Richiebottles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:20 PM
  #56
Danleri
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 71
vCash: 500
Unreal moves

http://www.habsfuture.com/2012/12/da...es-denver.html

Danleri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:41 AM
  #57
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
WoW!

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:11 AM
  #58
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
Is he that good of a stickhandler?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:12 PM
  #59
as15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
Is he that good of a stickhandler?
Yes, I would say that is the best part of his game.

as15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:14 PM
  #60
uiCk
GrEmelins
 
uiCk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,347
vCash: 500
he's so quick

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
  #61
blueberry
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 274
vCash: 500
Looks a lot like eberle in that video, very impressive.

blueberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
  #62
FytinSioux
Blackhawksssssss
 
FytinSioux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: ND
Country: United States
Posts: 1,330
vCash: 500
He has the quickest hands I have ever seen. The amazing part is he can make those moves in mid stride at full speed. You rarely ever seen him lose a puck on a move either. I think you guys are seriously underrating him as a prospect. He is one of the top 2 players on the ice every game. He has improved his vision and playmaking quite a bit from last season. Good shot. Great speed. Not a liability defensively. IMO he will be in your top 6 in the next 2-3 years. He's not stalky, but he's quick enough where I really don't see it as a big issue.

I see him as a nazem kadri without the glaring weaknesses. In the past Kristo tried to do too much, bad shots, trying to get too cute, etc. This year he seems to play a lot smarter. He also knows how to play on both ends of the ice unlike nazem.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there is a ton of talent there and I don't see too many weaknesses.


Last edited by FytinSioux: 12-09-2012 at 05:23 PM.
FytinSioux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:38 PM
  #63
OneSharpMarble
Registered User
 
OneSharpMarble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,221
vCash: 500
Should he not play in the AHL first?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danleri View Post
What a diver.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:01 PM
  #64
Gally11
Registered User
 
Gally11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: St. John's
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FytinSioux View Post
He has the quickest hands I have ever seen. The amazing part is he can make those moves in mid stride at full speed. You rarely ever seen him lose a puck on a move either. I think you guys are seriously underrating him as a prospect. He is one of the top 2 players on the ice every game. He has improved his vision and playmaking quite a bit from last season. Good shot. Great speed. Not a liability defensively. IMO he will be in your top 6 in the next 2-3 years. He's not stalky, but he's quick enough where I really don't see it as a big issue.

I see him as a nazem kadri without the glaring weaknesses. In the past Kristo tried to do too much, bad shots, trying to get too cute, etc. This year he seems to play a lot smarter. He also knows how to play on both ends of the ice unlike nazem.

Maybe I'm wrong, but there is a ton of talent there and I don't see too many weaknesses.

Strange to think that we might underrate a prospect around here

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:12 PM
  #65
Christo182
Registered User
 
Christo182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 31
vCash: 500
After the NCAA season/playoffs are over, will he be allowed to join the Dogs!? Never really quite understood NCAA's rules concerning the transfer of their players to a pro league..

Christo182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:15 PM
  #66
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 372
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christo182 View Post
After the NCAA season/playoffs are over, will he be allowed to join the Dogs!? Never really quite understood NCAA's rules concerning the transfer of their players to a pro league..
Yes, he will because his NCAA career will be over but he will have to sign a pro contract, of course.

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
  #67
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou
 
Myron Gaines*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Yes, he will because his NCAA career will be over but he will have to sign a pro contract, of course.
I've always wondered why has it taken so long to sing him. I know that he's had a couple of issues off the ice, but nothing to cause concern over his professional future.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
  #68
as15
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 93
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron Gaines View Post
I've always wondered why has it taken so long to sing him. I know that he's had a couple of issues off the ice, but nothing to cause concern over his professional future.
Because he hasn't wanted to sign. He grew up a UND fan and wanted to win a national championship before he left. I don't blame him either, I wouldn't want to leave UND early for anything less than the NHL.

as15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.