HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ilya Bryzgalov's Next Contract (if amnestied)

Old
12-09-2012, 09:58 AM

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by shello View Post
Tampa wouldn'y be interested. Lindback, Garon, and have Helenius and Tokarski in the AHL.
They're not interested because they have four backups who average to below average save% throughout their careers?

Lindback hasn't even put up good NHL starter numbers as a backup.

...of course Bryz has only put up a starter level save% 3 out of the last 6 years, so you could argue he's questionable too.

604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:16 AM
UKFlyers

vCash: 500
Flyers would almost certainly amnesty Pronger. He isn't coming back. Plus, amnestying Bryz would leave us with Leighton as starter, which would be disastrous.

UKFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEAFANFORLIFE23 View Post
thats EXACTLY what phiilly does they traded richards a year after signing him same with carter and JVR
My response is worded quite well below this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
WRONG

Richards played 3 seasons after we signed him to his long-term deal.

Carter (and Richards) had off-ice issues. Did you want us to just hold on him/them and allow the locker room to be divided?

JVR you can maybe make a case for, but we had a void to fill on the blueline and because he wasnt putting it all together in Philly, he became expendable
Bryz being recently signed from another team is different from trading players who you have had for multiple years and recently signed to a new contract.

Thinking about it now, I could maybe see Philly buying out Bryz but I think immediately after they resign him to an amount that gets him the same or slightly money overall over the same term but now at a lower cap hit.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if many teams do or attempt this if the rules allowed it.

Grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:16 PM
LetsGoFlyers1825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Well, Philly can still exceed the cap by Pronger's salary.
Cant LTIR Pronger in the offseason, though

LetsGoFlyers1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant View Post
My response is worded quite well below this.

Bryz being recently signed from another team is different from trading players who you have had for multiple years and recently signed to a new contract.

Thinking about it now, I could maybe see Philly buying out Bryz but I think immediately after they resign him to an amount that gets him the same or slightly money overall over the same term but now at a lower cap hit.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if many teams do or attempt this if the rules allowed it.
Maybe they will restructure the deal, but if you buy out a player, I'm pretty sure you can't sign him until the next year.

Zippy316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:11 PM
shello
@WShello9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJOpus View Post
They're not interested because they have four backups who average to below average save% throughout their careers?

Lindback hasn't even put up good NHL starter numbers as a backup.

...of course Bryz has only put up a starter level save% 3 out of the last 6 years, so you could argue he's questionable too.
We're not close to contending, we don't want or need a goalie in their 30's. Tampa's focusing much more or the youth and to build the team into a contender with a core.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote