HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Game of Thrones - Season 3 ***NO BOOK SPOILERS***

Closed Thread

Old
12-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

vCash: 500
Diana Rigg as the Queen of Thorns. Nice casting there...

Old
12-07-2012, 12:30 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I'm pretty sure I know what "RW" refers to, as I was spoiled in an older thread.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:55 PM
cynicism

Alas that's a problem. The imdb board for GOT is terrible, filled with trolls who post spoilers.

Old
12-08-2012, 02:37 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Ha, just saw the video for new cast members. Can't believe this guy is there:

lol he's playing Thoros of Myr? Always pictured him as a darker guy

Old
12-08-2012, 07:32 AM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

IF SOMEONE ANSWERS THIS QUESTIONS PLEASE DO SO BY PM, NOT POSTING IN THIS THREAD. Everyone will be grateful.

Does anyone have a clue when this season is supposed to end book-wise. I've already read the book but I am in the process of re-reading it and would want to end where the series will leave off at the end of this coming season.

I have a guess but if someone could be helpful as the only reason I'm not searching it is because I dont remember all the little things that make reading the books so fantastic and I would prefer not spoiling the re-read (if that's even possible). Thanks

Ive received three responses so thank you to thise that did!

Last edited by njdevsfn95: 12-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old
12-08-2012, 03:10 PM
cynicism

Seasons 3 and 4 will cover book 3, more or less. The season will stick with the tradition of having episode 9 as the *wham* episode. Any more details would require spoilers, and this is a non-spoiler thread. If you've read the book, it's fairly obvious where S3 will end.

Old
12-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Trap Jesus

Can we post things in spoiler tags, or is there simply no spoilers allowed in the thread whatsoever?

Old
12-08-2012, 03:32 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Can we post things in spoiler tags, or is there simply no spoilers allowed in the thread whatsoever?
I would say none....makes it a lot easier to police. Also removes gray area for what a "spoiler" really is....There is another thread for book readers.

Old
12-08-2012, 08:50 PM
TP
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

Yes, use the book thread if you want to post spoilers. Spoil tags do not work when viewing from a mobile device.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Anyone know if Conan Stevens will be returning as The Mountain for S3?The guy they recast as Gregor in S2 was not intimidating at all, nothing like S1 Gregor.I know he worked on The Hobbit but surely he should be available?

Old
12-09-2012, 01:56 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Anyone know if Conan Stevens will be returning as The Mountain for S3?The guy they recast as Gregor in S2 was not intimidating at all, nothing like S1 Gregor.I know he worked on The Hobbit but surely he should be available?
Nah, he's done. Wouldn't be very professional of the producers to undo the recasting, anyway.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:37 PM
RandV
It's a wolf v2.0

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hadrian View Post
Nah, he's done. Wouldn't be very professional of the producers to undo the recasting, anyway.
He was barely noticeable in season 2 so I don't think it would be that big a deal. Also with how they're splitting up book 3 into two seasons (and season 4 on HBO should overlap into book 4) it could be we don't even see him this year. No spoilers here but for what should be on queue in season 4 you're probably going to want to have Conan back in the role.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trap Jesus View Post
Completely no spoilers.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:05 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Bones View Post
Completely no spoilers.
[spoilers]it's his sled[/spoilers]

Old
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

I've said it before but I really want Stevens to return. It will be a shame if we don't get him back, and he really shouldn't have left an opportunity like this

Old
12-10-2012, 02:44 AM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
I've said it before but I really want Stevens to return. It will be a shame if we don't get him back, and he really shouldn't have left an opportunity like this
Working on The Hobbit is much much bigger then GoT.

Lotr is still the bigger name then asoiaf.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:14 AM
crazy Kassian
The North Remembers

Quote:

Unless Orc Azog is going to get more than 10 minutes of screen time than yes. I am a huge LOTR fan, so I didn't say it lightly and left it at that (no book spoilers thread).

Old
12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
Trends Analyst
Across the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
[spoilers]it's his sled[/spoilers]
You just saved me 2 hours of my life. Thanks.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:

I think it was foolish to leave a wildly successful show that will presumably be around for years where you have a role that will be grown and people can actually see your face in order to work in a one off movie where you'll be so heavily made up that no one will recognize you anyway, if they even care to recognize "that really tall orc who was such a fantastic actor."

Old
12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
cynicism

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy Kassian View Post
I heard the reason he's off is because he couldn't get along with anyone.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:24 PM
Layne Staley
The Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
I think it was foolish to leave a wildly successful show that will presumably be around for years where you have a role that will be grown and people can actually see your face in order to work in a one off movie where you'll be so heavily made up that no one will recognize you anyway, if they even care to recognize "that really tall orc who was such a fantastic actor."
I disagree. Aside from Sean Bean and Charles Dance (and possibly Peter Dinklage) where are the other star actors from the show? It's not like being on GoT catapulted anyone into stardom who wasn't already there. Having The Hobbit on your resume is better then any Tv series no matter which one it is. And it's not like Gregor is a main cast role anyway, sure he has some important parts but his role is to be menacing and scary and not talking much is part of that.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
I disagree. Aside from Sean Bean and Charles Dance (and possibly Peter Dinklage) where are the other star actors from the show? It's not like being on GoT catapulted anyone into stardom who wasn't already there. Having The Hobbit on your resume is better then any Tv series no matter which one it is. And it's not like Gregor is a main cast role anyway, sure he has some important parts but his role is to be menacing and scary and not talking much is part of that.
Being able to be recognized as Gregor Clegane, or any other character with any kind of significant role, is the difference. I can see a trailer for a new movie and say "Oh look it's Jaime." I haven't seen anything, ever, where I've said "Oh hey wait a minute that's Lurtz from Fellowship of the Ring," because there's literally no way to tell.

I'm just spitballing here but I'd be willing to bet that if a casting director was looking at CVs he'd be more impressed by "Oh so you were a named, recognizable character on a hugely popular TV show that has, in two short years, become a pop culture phenomenon" than "Oh you were that guy in The Two Towers firing arrows from the back of that Mumakil in the background."

Old
12-10-2012, 05:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Jason Momoa turned his part as Drogo into Conan the Barbarian, pretty good turnaround on his role...

Kit Harrington has turned GoT (his first acting gig according to imdb) into 5 other projects already and that's while still being a regular on GoT.

Emilia Clarke has gone from soap opera appearance and SyFy movie of the week to working as 2nd/3rd billing on a movie with Jude Law.

Richard Madden, who had no previous film experience, now has two starring roles lined up in pre-production.

Also, if you are talking pre-GOT, Lena Headley(Terminator: Sarah Connor Chronicles) and Aiden Gillen (The Wire) are well known actors.

Not huge gigantic steps forward (other than maybe Jason Momoa), but they are all slowly building their career on this show, taking dramatic steps forward due to it.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
hadrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandV View Post
He was barely noticeable in season 2 so I don't think it would be that big a deal. Also with how they're splitting up book 3 into two seasons (and season 4 on HBO should overlap into book 4) it could be we don't even see him this year. No spoilers here but for what should be on queue in season 4 you're probably going to want to have Conan back in the role.
Conan sure looked the part, and I guess he had a pretty mighty roar, but all in all he was among the most replaceable actors they had. The new guy (I have no idea what his name is) should be fine in the sequence you're referring to. Besides, the other actor in that scene is the one who needs to carry it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynicism View Post
I heard the reason he's off is because he couldn't get along with anyone.
Having looked at his blog a couple times, the guy habitually complains about the unprofessionalism of people he works with. So, yeah, I'd believe that rumor.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Jussi
I am siege face

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Jason Momoa turned his part as Drogo into Conan the Barbarian, pretty good turnaround on his role...
I think he was booked for that before GoT. He'd already done Stargate Atlantis in a somewhat similar role.

Closed Thread