HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

KHL (Kontinental Hockey League) 2012-2013 season part II

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 02:22 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

vCash: 500
sorry guys, my bad, yes salary floor not cap.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:54 AM
kajoo

i ****ed up either. happens

Old
12-09-2012, 07:14 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Old
12-09-2012, 08:35 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That huge white blanket destroys the effect. If there has to be a blanket, make it Slovan's colour, sky-blue, for heaven's sake (pun intended).

I wonder how many fans will bring the scarves back to the next Slovan game (they were handed out for free tonight). Unless Slovan will now be giving them away for free at every game. There will likely be a slightly different crowd at every Slovan game, with Slovan tickets now being sold via electronic auctions.

(Tonight's tickets against Lev were auctioned off at the highest price so far; I hear that paying €37 for tonight's game was quite normal. The upcoming games against Ak Bars and Salavat Yulayev were auctioned off at €24 and more, Neftekhimik at €22 and up.)
I wasn't at the game but looking at this video, screen cube above rink is announcing something about new jerseys, what new jerseys ? I would like sky-blue back.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by tohaa View Post
SKA is such a monster right now!
Every line is working so good
Prucha and Afinogenov aren't even in the lineup...
But that did not stop them from firing their coach. Weird club.

By the way, how is #41 Thoresen doing?

Old
12-09-2012, 09:08 AM
Faterson

That's funny, ModryJazyk, I can see myself in the crowd in that video-clip.

That announcement confused quite a few people last night. It wasn't about new jerseys but about the Slovan website at www.hcslovan.sk . As you perhaps know, it's been criticized or being old-fashioned and lacking foreign-language content. So on Monday, Slovan's website should get a new look along with more articles in English and Russian.

As to our team colour, which is sky-blue, I agree with you. The KHL management can seemingly be needlessly despotic at times. They forbade the use of diacritics on jerseys, so now there is Satan instead of Šatan, and twice Juraj Mikus on Lev's team, although one of them is really Mikúš and the other one is Mikuš. (Can you spot the difference? The two names are also pronounced slightly differently.)

Similarly, the KHL forbade Slovan to use their traditional jersey colour (sky-blue, see my forum avatar to the left), saying sky-blue was too light-coloured for Slovan's home games, and too dark-coloured for Slovan's road games. I hope KHL will reconsider this for later seasons. At least the scarves that the spectators got for free last night at Slovan's arena were of the proper team colour, sky-blue.

Slovan, both in hockey and football, has always been known under the nickname of the "Sky-Blues" ("Belasí") in Slovakia and Czechoslovakia, so it's sad to see the team's symbol on the list of KHL's forbidden jersey colours.

Last edited by Faterson: 12-09-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 09:19 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
That's funny, ModryJazyk, I can see myself in the crowd in that video-clip.

That announcement confused quite a few people last night. It wasn't about new jerseys but about the Slovan website at www.hcslovan.sk . As you pehaps know, it's been criticized or being old-fashioned and lacking foreign-language content. So on Monday, Slovan's website should get a new look along with more articles in English and Russian.

As to our team colour, which is sky-blue, I agree with you. The KHL management can seemingly be needlessly despotic at times. They forbade the use of diacritics on jerseys, so now there is Satan instead of Šatan, and twice Juraj Mikus on Lev's team, although one of them is really Mikúš and the other one is Mikuš. (Can you spot the difference? The two names are also pronounced slightly differently.)

Similarly, the KHL forbade Slovan to use their traditional jersey colour (sky-blue, see my forum avatar to the left), saying sky-blue was too light-coloured for Slovan's home games, and too dark-coloured for Slovan's road games. I hope KHL will reconsider this for later seasons. At least the scarves that the spectators got for free last night at Slovan's arena were of the proper team colour, sky-blue.

Slovan, both in hockey and football, has always been known under the nickname of the "Sky-Blues" ("Belasí") in Slovakia and Czechoslovakia, so it's sad to see the team's symbol on the list of KHL's forbidden jersey colours.
There is something called rules .... if you as club, meaning Slovan, dont like these rules, dont join league.

Quote:
Команда-«хозяин» обязана выступать в «домашней» (темной) форме, а команда«гость» — в «гостевой»(светлой) форме, контрастной по цвету.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Faterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
There is something called rules ....
... and there's also something like bureaucratic rules and blind obedience of them.

I think that FC Chelsea, for example, has jerseys similar to Slovan's sky-blue, but if someone wanted to forbid them the use of those jerseys, Mr. Abramovich would likely strongly disagree.

Also, in the era of black-and-white TV sets, the use of contrasting jersey colours was a lot more important than nowadays with colour broadcasts everywhere. In practice, I can't imagine how anyone could confuse Slovan's sky-blue in their home game against, say, Atlant Mytishchi, whose away jerseys are an intense mustard-yellow. In that game (and similar ones), at the very least, Slovan could have played in jerseys of their traditional team colour.

As I say, I hope KHL will reconsider the ban in future KHL seasons. I agree we are league newcomers this season, and must "obey" (for now).

Old
12-09-2012, 09:38 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

nobody forbade Slovan to use original jerseys, Slovan did not want. Or better said, Slovan obeyed the league without trying to argument for original jerseys color. Fault of Slovan´s management.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Faterson

Source, Vorky? I remember a different account... When Slovan's new jerseys for the KHL were first presented sometime in the summer on Slovan's website and the fans complained that the blue was too dark, Slovan's response supposedly was that that was a KHL requirement, and that an earlier jersey proposal with a lighter shade of blue had been rejected by the KHL.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding that will clear up in future KHL seasons. After all, Dynamo Moscow and Dinamo Minsk jersey colours are also very similar to Slovan's sky-blue!

Old
12-09-2012, 10:13 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Source, Vorky? I remember a different account... When Slovan's new jerseys for the KHL were first presented sometime in the summer on Slovan's website and the fans complained that the blue was too dark, Slovan's response supposedly was that that was a KHL requirement, and that an earlier jersey proposal with a lighter shade of blue had been rejected by the KHL.

Maybe it was a misunderstanding that will clear up in future KHL seasons. After all, Dynamo Moscow and Dinamo Minsk jersey colours are also very similar to Slovan's sky-blue!
dont believe everything what is written

Old
12-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Ryker

Quote:
dont believe everything what is written
Oh, the irony

Old
12-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Vicente

I can understand people who are not happy with getting jersey in the traditional colours. It might be a rule by the league but it's also a rule in the NHL to play in dark jerseys at home and still teams like the Maple Leafs often play in white jerseys at home.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:49 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Oh, the irony
Exactly Of all the people it was vorky who said it

Old
12-09-2012, 11:50 AM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
There is something called rules .... if you as club, meaning Slovan, dont like these rules, dont join league.
hey, I don't know about big Russia, home of KHL, but we in EU all have color TV now and we CAN recognize that sky-blue is darker as white....
At least, Slovan played many games here before joined russian, sorry I meant kontinental league in sky-blue jerseys and I don't remember any whining about it.If Russians/Medvedev feel that they need more euro to they league (and I'm sure they want), they should also respect and adapt something out of there.

well, thank you vorky for your friendly post, at least now I know why Machester City is not playing KHL....it's not because they can't skate.

Last edited by ModryJazyk: 12-09-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Faterson

The funny thing is that the colour "sky-blue" isn't really well-defined, it can exist both in a lighter and in a darker variety. See 2 Slovan pictures below from earlier years. Perhaps Slovan could play their home games in "dark sky blue" and away games in "light sky blue". One thing is certain: neither Slovan's current home jerseys, nor their current away jerseys are sky-blue.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:07 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Slovan did not want to defend using their original jerseys color at home. They gave up, said to KHL "ok, we are newcomers, will do everything you want" That is fault of Slovan not KHL. Slovan did not negotiate with league.

Do you remember summer? Bottles etc were banned. You could not bring your bottle of something to your seat. KHL rule ... now... you can bring it.

Similar cases, right?

Slovan negotiated with KHL to allow bottles, gave up with jerseys. Dont insult KHL, it is Slovan´s fault

Old
12-09-2012, 02:37 PM
ModryJazyk

Quote:
Slovan did not want to defend using their original jerseys color at home. They gave up, said to KHL "ok, we are newcomers, will do everything you want" That is fault of Slovan not KHL. Slovan did not negotiate with league.

Do you remember summer? Bottles etc were banned. You could not bring your bottle of something to your seat. KHL rule ... now... you can bring it.

Similar cases, right?

Slovan negotiated with KHL to allow bottles, gave up with jerseys. Dont insult KHL, it is Slovan´s fault
well, you are probably right, but we are not Slovan management but fans with own opinion.Maybe someone from KHL chiefs gave clue to Slovan, that they have no chance defend sky-blue jerseys as they are just happy NEWCOMERS as you mentioned....

Well we will see next season, how close is KHL to Europe.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Faterson

Quote:
I think bottles are still banned, only drinks in plastic cups are allowed.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Tomas W

Quote:
We didn't bring it up, because we don't care about those tournaments. But if you do bring it up, that's the reaction you'll get. (From hockey fans not in the "4 select nations".)
I can understand this reaction.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:36 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
OMG did anyone see Filatov's set up on the 3rd goal in the SU-MNK game , if not check it out.

PS Fatterson, you mentioned Slovan gave out free scarves at the game. Just curious, do other KHL teams do the same? If so I might have bought one of them from Traktor for 50 bucks on ebay. There is some guy form Russia putting rare items on there from KHL and is making a killing I think. He sold a very nice Omsk Scarf/hat combo for 70 bucks! There is no way that can be the going rate for these items in Russia?

Old
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
wings5

Marek Kvapil's goal halfway through the second period against CSKA was a beauty. Along with the first Datsyuk goal and Radulov goal, wow.

Last edited by wings5: 12-09-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 11:31 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

New website of Slovan
http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/

Old
12-10-2012, 11:41 AM
Ryker

Quote:
New website of Slovan
http://www.hcslovan.sk/sk/
Looks quite good, following the standard hockey club website design. They need to update the standings, though.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryker View Post
Looks quite good, following the standard hockey club website design. They need to update the standings, though.
they have direct khl feed (from khl.ru), should be updated tommorow according to Slovan´s website

Closed Thread