HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Roster Talk '13 — Sweden

Old
12-08-2012, 05:10 AM
DaveH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Unless a player is top 6 on forward in the NHL or top 4 on D, they should be released. I always think it is better development to play a number one role in the WJC against stellar competition than to play 7 minutes a game in the NHL. Great for confidence and to show the player where he should stand once developed. I don't understand the mentality of holding back players and to do it for the AHL is totally inexcusable.
You are weird, up til here you make perfect sense.

Quote:
It happens every year though. Get used to it Sweden...you are a major feeder nation to the NHL now.
No... you just said it yourself (?!). Holding back players in the AHL is totally inexcusable.
We are very much used to losing players to the NHL and we've felt the effects, especially not having a Canadian-sized crop to pick from every year.

I'll let you explain yourself though

DaveH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
You are weird, up til here you make perfect sense.

No... you just said it yourself (?!). Holding back players in the AHL is totally inexcusable.
We are very much used to losing players to the NHL and we've felt the effects, especially not having a Canadian-sized crop to pick from every year.

I'll let you explain yourself though
Ha ha...I mean get used to it that Sweden will see players missing the WJC more often due to playing in the NHL. The AHL hold back this season is only due to the lockout. As you've never seen an AHLer miss before, you probably won't see it again after Mika. Just odd circumstances this year. I still think they should let him play.

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:10 AM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
Sure, but the fact is that this WJC is unique opportunity to test him in a role mentioned above - team leader, the pressure, do or die games etc. He won't be placed in such situation again maybe for years. But to play regular season AHL games is something he can do anytime in years to come. I think he's not a ****** which would forget during 2 weeks how to play on NA ice.
It's closer to 4 weeks than 2 weeks and it's 11 hours time difference...meaning conventional belief would put jet lag at 11 days on top.

Minister of Offence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 09:17 AM
Huffman

Why are we even discussing Zibanejad...... he is not going to be on the team and there is already a thread in the prospects section about this particular case.

Huffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:18 AM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Yes he is. But after this tournament he is finished.
I rather liked him...

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Glory

one point each game for Åberg now since he got cut off (is that the word?).

Glory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:36 PM
FirmestPiano

Curious about Wennberg. Who does he compare against? Similar to a Jacob Josefson?

FirmestPiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 06:56 PM
DaveH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory View Post
one point each game for Åberg now since he got cut off (is that the word?).
Have a feeling that choice from Rönnberg is going to haunt us up until the WJCs. And by haunt, I mean he's only going to get better and better.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:04 AM
CBJWennberg10
Me when I watch CBJ

Who's expected to start in net for Sweden?

CBJWennberg10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:07 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Who's expected to start in net for Sweden?
If the events leading up the the tournament is any indication, I'd say a 60% chance Lassinantti is between the pipes in the opening game.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
hockeyGod

I'm curious how Forsberg has looked this year? Tough to find info on him.

hockeyGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:19 PM
novon04

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyGod View Post
I'm curious how Forsberg has looked this year? Tough to find info on him.
He has improved quite a bit based on the few games I have watched. Plays a more mature game this year. Most importantly he makes better decisions, for example he passes the puck more instead of taking weak shots and he doesn't lose the puck as much. I still don't think he will be the star of the Swedish WJC team though.

novon04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by novon04 View Post
He has improved quite a bit based on the few games I have watched. Plays a more mature game this year. Most importantly he makes better decisions, for example he passes the puck more instead of taking weak shots and he doesn't lose the puck as much. I still don't think he will be the star of the Swedish WJC team though.
Interesting info. Who do you expect to be the offensive star(s) for Sweden?

Locks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:48 PM
novon04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
Elias Lindholm and William Karlsson should be the most important forwards for the team but someone else might step up and be this year's Max Friberg. Perhaps Viktor Arvidsson.

novon04 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locks View Post
I never see anyone hyping Collberg here. He had a pretty good tournament last year both statistically and how he played. I really liked how he drove to the net with the puck on his stick. I was really shocked that he ended up being drafted as low as he was. Is he not being looked upon to be one of the stars this year?

Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Quote:
I never see anyone hyping Collberg here. He had a pretty good tournament last year both statistically and how he played. I really liked how he drove to the net with the puck on his stick. I was really shocked that he ended up being drafted as low as he was. Is he not being looked upon to be one of the stars this year?
I think he's a bit underrated by some people because he doesn't play in the SEL. Even last year when he was on an SEL roster he didn't get much ice time. Meanwhile, Karlsson and Lindholm have been making headlines in the SEL.

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:59 PM
DaveH

Quote:
Had a late "start" this year, currently in Allsvenskan and he's been playing well so far. Everyone knows what he can do, it's just that we have others that have been better.

Last edited by DaveH: 12-09-2012 at 05:07 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 05:04 PM
joe89

Quote:
I don't think Sweden has that one guy to get hyped this year. Some will hype Karlsson, some Forsberg, some Lindholm, some Collberg etc.

I've personally got Forsberg this year.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:16 PM
sg58

Think Karlsson and Collberg will stand out the most, point-wise. Wennberg as a sleeper.

sg58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:22 PM
Systemfel
Global Moderator
Hockey Talk by Country

vCash: 50
Are we gonna see the all-94 line of Collberg/Forsberg-Lindholm-Forsberg/Collberg? What do you all think?

Systemfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:31 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Systemfel View Post
Are we gonna see the all-94 line of Collberg/Forsberg-Lindholm-Forsberg/Collberg? What do you all think?
RR said he would keep the Molin-Lindholm-Collberg line from Sundsvall but I could see Forsberg taking Molin's spot if it doesn't work.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:33 PM
HanSolo
aka DuckJet

vCash: 68
Figured I'd post an update on Hampus. His first few shifts back from injury were pretty awful to tell you the truth. He was making a bunch of bone headed decisions but as the game went on and the Admirals started hitting their stride he got it going. Even better against Binghamton but he's still not quite the happy surprise he was pre injury. We don't exaggerate when he say that he's been Norfolk best defenseman. And as an 18 year old in a professional league, that's impressive. If he can return to former in time for the tournament its good news for Sweden.

Quote:
Well...from what I've seen...and I'm not here to bash collberg. But that ability to quickly drive to the net seems to be his only real selling point. Defensively he kind of just sits around waiting for the puck to go the other way, offensively, yeah he has a great rush and a hard shot but he had trouble distributing and receiving passes. And I don't really remember being very adept at forechecking. But I haven't watched him at all this year so maybe he's improved. But as for his fall, yeah going to 33 is a bit harsh but I can see why maybe he wasn't considered in the top 15.

HanSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:35 PM
DaveH

I've never seen Schumacher play, could anyone give any leads to why he's not in the team/not even mentioned as a contender?

Old
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Huffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveH View Post
I've never seen Schumacher play, could anyone give any leads to why he's not in the team/not even mentioned as a contender?
He played in a U19 tournament in Russia last spring. Apparently RR did not like what he saw there, his skating was probably the reason.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
B Boarding

Sweden has a lot of scoring depth this year, which should mean that the scoring is probaby going to be a bit evenly spread out. That assuming noone is hitting a very positive stride. Right now I would assume Arvidsson, Wennberg, Lindholm, Karlsson and Forsberg doing the most scoring. With Collberg, Rakell, Sörensen and Rask right behind them. De La Rose, Görtz and Boyce would most likely have checking line roles if they make the final roster.

B Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote