Old
12-08-2012, 03:22 PM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neely08 View Post
Easy.

He's new.

And, w/ all the 2011, not to mention 2010 playoffs, I've been stuck watching. Despite the obvious, I still ask myself the same question he is.
Yeah I love watching all the old games, especially the series where Thomas steals them all and then the Flyers series where Rask shats the bed. I have faith in Tuuk, but to just pencil him in as the same type of big game goalie as Timmy is insane IMO.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:19 PM
Oates2Neely

Wonky groin rask,, hope khudobin is ready for action

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 04:28 PM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Yeah I love watching all the old games, especially the series where Thomas steals them all and then the Flyers series where Rask shats the bed. I have faith in Tuuk, but to just pencil him in as the same type of big game goalie as Timmy is insane IMO.
Yeah I agree the fact is that last year Thomas's off ice incidents came as his play was slipping and just as the door was opening for Tuukka to be #1 and play in the playoffs...he got hurt. Thomas era was basically over last January management knew they'd be moving on Rask would have played in the playoffs if he was healthy and performing. Tuukka is basically already 0-1 in being healthy for the playoffs in the post-Tim era.

MarshmontMcSlewfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 05:37 PM
Braunbaer
also a giraffe

Quote:
That comparison is unfair if you consider that Rask was 23 in 2010. Thomas was 37 when he carried this team.

I doubt Thomas was as good as Rask in his early days.

Braunbaer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:43 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD View Post
I hope Thomas doesn't go! If he does, well, then it's Tuukka time!
I love Timmy but think it is Tuukka time.

12-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Kegs

wow why does this thread even exist? we all know thomas is amazing at keeping the little black puck out of the net but common from a gm standpoint you cant keep a guy on his last year of his contract when he decides he doesnt even want to play... bruins be lucky to get 5th round draft pick for him... not cause he isnt epic but because he is old and his contract is up and he is leaning towards retirement clearly....

the bruins have a lot of goaltending depth for this exact reason they knew thomas was getting old...

i give PC full credit he knows how to manage his players...

Kegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:20 AM
BklyNBruiN

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJD View Post
I hope Thomas doesn't go! If he does, well, then it's Tuukka time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aucoin11 View Post
are you new?
Where have you been, right..

BklyNBruiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 12:27 AM
bruinmann77

well lets hope Rask will be able t stay healthy to be a #1.
But lets not forget it was TT who lead us to a Stanley Cup!!!!

bruinmann77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:37 AM
nonoffensiveusername

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I am sure there are very few things politically that Andrew Ference and I agree on politically...doesn't stop him from being my favorite Bruin.

Just as I know Eddie Vedder and I don't agree on anything...doesn't stop me from loving Pearl Jam.

Entertainers are allowed to have opinions and human thoughts. As long as Thomas stopped pucks(which he did better than any goalie in the history of the regular season and postseason for us) than I dont care what he believes...and neither should you. I dont understand why athletes should have restricted rights?
This, this, a million times THIS. I am probably in the smallest political minority on the planet, and I just do NOT care what entertainers have to say about their politics. Love both Timmy and Ference, and if we're making musical references too, then Wagner and Tchaikovsky. Though if I were Thomas, I would have made the same white house move, and I would have gotten myself into a LOT more trouble.

edit: Also, I think it may actually become Khudo time if Rask keeps injuring himself and whittling himself down.

nonoffensiveusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:14 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonoffensiveusername View Post
This, this, a million times THIS. I am probably in the smallest political minority on the planet, and I just do NOT care what entertainers have to say about their politics. Love both Timmy and Ference, and if we're making musical references too, then Wagner and Tchaikovsky. Though if I were Thomas, I would have made the same white house move, and I would have gotten myself into a LOT more trouble.

edit: Also, I think it may actually become Khudo time if Rask keeps injuring himself and whittling himself down.
Rask is fine. He felt a twinge in his groin weeks ago and left a game rather than push it. He played several games after that.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:17 AM
BrainOfJ
Draft Victor Mete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Rask is fine. He felt a twinge in his groins weeks ago and left a game rather than push it. He played several games after that.
I think he's referring to the constant nature of Rask's durability

BrainOfJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:33 AM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrainOfJ View Post
I am sure there are very few things politically that Andrew Ference and I agree on politically...doesn't stop him from being my favorite Bruin.

Just as I know Eddie Vedder and I don't agree on anything...doesn't stop me from loving Pearl Jam.

Entertainers are allowed to have opinions and human thoughts. As long as Thomas stopped pucks(which he did better than any goalie in the history of the regular season and postseason for us) than I dont care what he believes...and neither should you. I dont understand why athletes should have restricted rights?
Without litigating the past, this is how I feel. He could have handled matters better, but no Tim Thomas, no Cup. He gave us fabulous goaltending, fierce determination, and a chance to win every single night.

Beyond this, from what I know, Tim is also a decent, kind individual. The vitriol has been unfortunate.

"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:38 AM
BIG BAD BRUINS

Thanks for the Cup TT, don't let the door hit you on the way out.Trade him to a team where they have lots of tin foil for his hat.

BIG BAD BRUINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Neely08

Quote:
Well said. To sneeze at Vezinas and Conn Smythe trophies, and expect no bumps in the road. It's like he's getting set up for disappointment.

In Tuukka's defense, Seidenberg is sometimes one of the unsung heroes of the Cup run. He made a huge difference. But, Tuukka was getting torched up high way, WAY too easily. Briere and Gagne honed in on that like sharks to blood, even Pronger. Whereas by game 2 in 2011, they had absolutely no idea where to shoot on TT. I mean none.

I have faith, too. But like Gordie says above...

Quote:
"You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone."

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:23 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG BAD BRUINS View Post
Thanks for the Cup TT, don't let the door hit you on the way out.Trade him to a team where they have lots of tin foil for his hat.
I really don't think Tim will return to the B's.

I would not mind if he did. I will forever be a fan since IMHO without him I don't think the B's would have won the cup.

Ladyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Over the volcano

People calling for TT to be shipped out because of his politics remind me of people who think the patriots should trade Brady because he supports men's Uggs.

Ugg.

Over the volcano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Shaun
best poster alive

maybe he'll come back since he got to spend more time with his family during the lockout

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire View Post
maybe he'll come back since he got to spend more time with his family during the lockout

I guess it's just me .......but would that be such a terrible thing ?? .....to have Tim Thomas as one of your net minders ?

Last edited by Ladyfan: 12-09-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Ladyfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I guess it's just me .......but would that be such a terrible thing ?? .....to have Tim Thomas as one of your net inders ?
Call us crazy, but no. I don't like the guy that much anymore, but Rask-Thomas is much better than Rask-Khudobin... As long as he delivers I can put the rest behind him.

I seriously doubt he returns, though.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Tank Commander Cor
OT Thread Leader

vCash: 72
us Leafs will take him

Tank Commander Cor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:05 PM
GordonHowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
us Leafs will take him
All Over the Place Dept.:

Sorry. Wouldn't we all love to have over the hill Sawchuck (the greatest ever, I don't care; look it up) & Johnny Bower in net? Holy pooh.

Used to watch the '70s, Ballard-era Leafs on HNIC whilst growing up in MI.

Windsor's Ch. 9/"Have No Fear With Belvedere!"

All hail Borje Salming, a great player who took it in the neck for being one of the first.

Leafs fans, hope you win one soon. You deserve it.

GordonHowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:46 PM
Dojji*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cor99 View Post
us Leafs will take him
I've thought that that was very possible for awhile. Thomas is exactly what a team like Toronto needs on so many levels.

For some reason, I really do not want the Maple Leafs to have Tim Thomas. He might not be what he was in 2011 going forward, but put him behind a young team as a leader, and a guy who leaves his heart on the ice and shows them how it's done, that's a dangerous thing.

I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas still has a couple years of "above average goaltender, character guy and Cup champ who can teach kids how to win" left in him. I'm really not looking forward to encountering him in another uniform for that reason. Something tells me he'll murder us on the ice just on general principles.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I've thought that that was very possible for awhile. Thomas is exactly what a team like Toronto needs on so many levels.

For some reason, I really do not want the Maple Leafs to have Tim Thomas. He might not be what he was in 2011 going forward, but put him behind a young team as a leader, and a guy who leaves his heart on the ice and shows them how it's done, that's a dangerous thing.

I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas still has a couple years of "above average goaltender, character guy and Cup champ who can teach kids how to win" left in him. I'm really not looking forward to encountering him in another uniform for that reason. Something tells me he'll murder us on the ice just on general principles.
I hope TT comes back with the B's but even if he went to Toronto I don't see the Leafs being at the same level as the B's.Yes,they would be significantly improved and the B's wouldn't run them ragged like they have in recent years but the Leafs need more than a stellar goalie,they have significant holes to fill.

gillesgilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Neely08

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillesgilbert View Post
I hope TT comes back with the B's but even if he went to Toronto I don't see the Leafs being at the same level as the B's.Yes,they would be significantly improved and the B's wouldn't run them ragged like they have in recent years but the Leafs need more than a stellar goalie,they have significant holes to fill.
Including goaltending. TT would be a good start.

Possibilities scare me.

As does the karma some are just begging for w/ all the BS.

Neely08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:48 AM
unifiedtheory
Twitter: @ut_pez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
I'd hereby like to create a bill to pass along to HF legislation that would put a 6-month waiting period on all new memberships before they're allowed to create a thread.
I've been here for years and have started a grand total of one thread. I totally agree with your idea.

unifiedtheory is offline   Reply With Quote