HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
  #151
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,052
vCash: 500
When the Leafs were even more garbage than they are now at the beginning of the Ron Wilson era, guys like Mikhail Grabovski and Tyler Bozak just got ice time to acclimate to the NHL, warts and all in their games. Kadri has higher upside than both of them. They should really just audition him for a full year and let him grow into the NHL. I'm also sick of fans who seem to demand Selke level defensive responsibility or whatever. Let him succeed based on his strengths and polish the rougher edges off later.

Stephen is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
  #152
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,345
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Kadri has the skills to reach 60 points in the NHL, the problem has always been his attitude.
i think there are a lot of players in the NHL who have crap attitude


and i mean a lot of good players as well

Aplayaz2000 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
  #153
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,789
vCash: 500
I would like to try Kule with Kadri, As long as Kule is Kadri's winger, he has made a living of making #84 a better plus player, they should compliment each other well if there are any worries about Nazem's defensive play.

Perhaps JVR on the Right wing.

If there is a season, Kadri could finish the year as our #2C this year and for the future.

This is really dreaming, but if we draft Mackinnon or Barkov, or even land Getzlaf. He could be the Andy Mcdonald to Getzlaf's #1C or to Barkov and Mackinnon.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
  #154
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I would like to try Kule with Kadri, As long as Kule is Kadri's winger, he has made a living of making #84 a better plus player, they should compliment each other well if there are any worries about Nazem's defensive play.

Perhaps JVR on the Right wing.

If there is a season, Kadri could finish the year as our #2C this year and for the future.

This is really dreaming, but if we draft Mackinnon or Barkov, or even land Getzlaf. He could be the Andy Mcdonald to Getzlaf's #1C or to Barkov and Mackinnon.
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).

12345* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
  #155
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).
Jeff Carter is happy in LA.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
  #156
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
I'd like to flip Grabo for Lecav, with little plusses where needed. Grabo is taking up Kadri's development spot. This is how I'd like forward lines if that happened.

Lupul-Lecavalier-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Kulemin
Frattin-Bozak-Biggs/Ross
Komarov-McClement-Brown

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
  #157
Leafs For Life*
Nothing
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).
JVR is a shoot 1st winger so..

Leafs For Life* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
  #158
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).
Shoot first wingers are a dime a dozen.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
  #159
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Shoot first wingers are a dime a dozen.
Or a dime per 5.5M

Hope Bob Murray doesn't subscribe to this, would love to unload more trash on him and perhaps get Getzlaf and or Perry.

Disclaimer, my opinions are just that, based on a well thought out premise, backed up with facts, unlike some others.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
  #160
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Or a dime per 5.5M

Hope Bob Murray doesn't subscribe to this, would love to unload more trash on him and perhaps get Getzlaf and or Perry.

Disclaimer, my opinions are just that, based on a well thought out premise, backed up with facts, unlike some others.


I could probably live with an overpaid winger for now, if it allows Kadri a legit shot at earning a spot with the big club.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
  #161
NaiveLeafsFan
Registered User
 
NaiveLeafsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ajax, UofT
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,827
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I'd like to flip Grabo for Lecav, with little plusses where needed. Grabo is taking up Kadri's development spot. This is how I'd like forward lines if that happened.
Why do we want Lecav and that albatross contract? Not to mention Vinny sucks. I'd rather wait it out til this summer and try to grab Getz or Weiss

NaiveLeafsFan is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
  #162
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome
 
LeafsMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,524
vCash: 500
Jvr and kadri might be a good pairing. I'm assuming frattin would be up with the leafs and frattin and kadri have great chemistry.

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

Those players would be our top 9 obviously, just placement is an issue. Kulie and mac are not set on the second line. I would start that line out together because of the history and chemistry they have together and see how it goes. Jvr wouldn't stay on the thrid line. Mac and Kadri have played really well together in the short sample we've seen, so mac and jvr can switch lines. You could do the same with jvr and kulie but I don't like the idea of separating grabo and kulie. They work well with other people, Kulie would balance the defense on the third line, but him ang grabo work well together. And I think kulie should start on a fresh scale since he's doing great in russia and putting him on the third line to begin the season just wouldn't make sense.

LeafsMonster is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
  #163
Beleafer4
Registered User
 
Beleafer4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
i think there are a lot of players in the NHL who have crap attitude


and i mean a lot of good players as well
Well kadri is skilled, but he doesnt have he size or speed to afford a sub-par attitude imo.

Beleafer4 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
  #164
12345*
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Shoot first wingers are a dime a dozen.
I mean shoot and score, not just shoot - James Neal, Phil Kessel, etc. Not Mike Brown shoot first winger.

12345* is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
  #165
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101
 
The Podium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,282
vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Jvr and kadri might be a good pairing. I'm assuming frattin would be up with the leafs and frattin and kadri have great chemistry.

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

Those players would be our top 9 obviously, just placement is an issue. Kulie and mac are not set on the second line. I would start that line out together because of the history and chemistry they have together and see how it goes. Jvr wouldn't stay on the thrid line. Mac and Kadri have played really well together in the short sample we've seen, so mac and jvr can switch lines. You could do the same with jvr and kulie but I don't like the idea of separating grabo and kulie. They work well with other people, Kulie would balance the defense on the third line, but him ang grabo work well together. And I think kulie should start on a fresh scale since he's doing great in russia and putting him on the third line to begin the season just wouldn't make sense.
This was what I was thinking as well. We just need a #1 C and that's a very good top 9, maybe replace MacArthur but the other pieces are great.

The Podium is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
  #166
frankthetank91
Registered User
 
frankthetank91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,711
vCash: 500
The problem with the Naz situation(granted I haven't seen a Marlies game since mid-November) is he seems to excel at the wing. I don't think Burke or Carlyle would want Kadri and the 3rd line C, i've heard Burke he said he wants McClement there, or if Connolly is still here maybe him.

I really want to have Kadri up full time but I have so much trouble finding out where to slot him.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kule
Mac-Jay-Frattin/Connolly

is one option. Or if Mac gets traded you got:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kadri(can he play RW?, don't know if JVR has ever played RW)
Kulemin-Jay-Frattin/Connolly

Or Kadri on the 3rd line wing, and Kulemin back to the 2nd.

There's too many options, the problem is we have too many players. Although I think a trade will sort some of these problems out. Some bodies gotta be shipped out.

frankthetank91 is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
  #167
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Jvr and kadri might be a good pairing. I'm assuming frattin would be up with the leafs and frattin and kadri have great chemistry.

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

Those players would be our top 9 obviously, just placement is an issue. Kulie and mac are not set on the second line. I would start that line out together because of the history and chemistry they have together and see how it goes. Jvr wouldn't stay on the thrid line. Mac and Kadri have played really well together in the short sample we've seen, so mac and jvr can switch lines. You could do the same with jvr and kulie but I don't like the idea of separating grabo and kulie. They work well with other people, Kulie would balance the defense on the third line, but him ang grabo work well together. And I think kulie should start on a fresh scale since he's doing great in russia and putting him on the third line to begin the season just wouldn't make sense.
If Kadri makes the Leafs he has to get top 6 mins, this will be his best chance to develop. If he earns it, he should get time with Kule and JVR, there has to be a time we transition into a new era, the current team has had enough chances to prove themselves. When they tanked last year, it was an open admission this team does not have what it takes. As with any organization, if you fail, expect changes. Not the status quo of accepting mediocrity.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
  #168
Hero
Raptors 13/14
 
Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 18,772
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Good god, are your being serious?

This is concrete evidence of the strange bias hate for Kadri by some. It's pathetic really.
So stupid.

I have been, and still am one of Kadri's biggest supporters and biggest fans on these boards.

Hero is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 12:00 AM
  #169
4evaBlue
Registered User
 
4evaBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 4,321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
I mean shoot and score, not just shoot - James Neal, Phil Kessel, etc. Not Mike Brown shoot first winger.
You want Neal, or Kessel quality players for the 2nd line? Good luck. Shoot first wingers are fairly easy to acquire, heck, half of the board seems convinced Frattin will end up being a 25G winger in the NHL.

4evaBlue is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
  #170
Bills09
Registered User
 
Bills09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,649
vCash: 500
Id like to see some experimenting if we ever get a 1C (ie Getzlaf)

JvR Getzlaf Kessel
Kadri Grabovsky Lupul
Kules McClement Frattin
Brown Steckel Komorov

Bills09 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 07:05 AM
  #171
Grant
LL Genius
 
Grant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: London
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,645
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Id like to see some experimenting if we ever get a 1C (ie Getzlaf)

JvR Getzlaf Kessel
Kadri Grabovsky Lupul
Kules McClement Frattin

Brown Steckel Komorov
That's what I want to try out as well. Didn't bold #1 center cause I think we need to get lucky to get him. Also didn't bold the 4th line because I haven't thought about it before but that seems ideal. We think alike you probably want to change how you think now. you don't want to think like me

Grant is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 07:21 AM
  #172
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke
 
Nazem Gretzky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Francais-land
Country: France
Posts: 10,039
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
If Kadri makes the Leafs he has to get top 6 mins, this will be his best chance to develop. If he earns it, he should get time with Kule and JVR, there has to be a time we transition into a new era, the current team has had enough chances to prove themselves. When they tanked last year, it was an open admission this team does not have what it takes. As with any organization, if you fail, expect changes. Not the status quo of accepting mediocrity.
He doesn't even have to get top 6 minutes...Zetterberg and Datsyuk weren't just thrown in the fire without playing 3rd line minutes first

Nazem Gretzky is online now  
Old
12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
  #173
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
He doesn't even have to get top 6 minutes...Zetterberg and Datsyuk weren't just thrown in the fire without playing 3rd line minutes first
Yes, there is no shame in earning your spot.

I'd have no problem if McCLement was on the 4th. line.

Frattin-Kadri-Kulemin 3rd. line wouldn't bother me at all.

__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA3LN_8hjM8.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
ULF_55 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
  #174
Interactif
Registered User
 
Interactif's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: North York
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,789
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
He doesn't even have to get top 6 minutes...Zetterberg and Datsyuk weren't just thrown in the fire without playing 3rd line minutes first
Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog would disagree with you.

Interactif is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
  #175
ULF_55
Global Moderator
 
ULF_55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Mountain Standard Ti
Posts: 55,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog would disagree with you.
LOL

One of these is not like the others:

Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Kadri.

ULF_55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.