HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Nazem Kadri named AHL Player of the Week ending Nov. 18 - and discussion thread.

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Stephen

vCash: 500
When the Leafs were even more garbage than they are now at the beginning of the Ron Wilson era, guys like Mikhail Grabovski and Tyler Bozak just got ice time to acclimate to the NHL, warts and all in their games. Kadri has higher upside than both of them. They should really just audition him for a full year and let him grow into the NHL. I'm also sick of fans who seem to demand Selke level defensive responsibility or whatever. Let him succeed based on his strengths and polish the rougher edges off later.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Aplayaz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beleafer4 View Post
Kadri has the skills to reach 60 points in the NHL, the problem has always been his attitude.
i think there are a lot of players in the NHL who have crap attitude

and i mean a lot of good players as well

Old
12-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Interactif

I would like to try Kule with Kadri, As long as Kule is Kadri's winger, he has made a living of making #84 a better plus player, they should compliment each other well if there are any worries about Nazem's defensive play.

Perhaps JVR on the Right wing.

If there is a season, Kadri could finish the year as our #2C this year and for the future.

This is really dreaming, but if we draft Mackinnon or Barkov, or even land Getzlaf. He could be the Andy Mcdonald to Getzlaf's #1C or to Barkov and Mackinnon.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:02 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I would like to try Kule with Kadri, As long as Kule is Kadri's winger, he has made a living of making #84 a better plus player, they should compliment each other well if there are any worries about Nazem's defensive play.

Perhaps JVR on the Right wing.

If there is a season, Kadri could finish the year as our #2C this year and for the future.

This is really dreaming, but if we draft Mackinnon or Barkov, or even land Getzlaf. He could be the Andy Mcdonald to Getzlaf's #1C or to Barkov and Mackinnon.
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).

Old
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12345 View Post
Kuli and Kadri wouldn't work unless you get a shoot first winger on the other side. Kuli has a hard time interpreting creative plays and Kadri is pass first (and he has a god awful shot).
Jeff Carter is happy in LA.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:06 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

I'd like to flip Grabo for Lecav, with little plusses where needed. Grabo is taking up Kadri's development spot. This is how I'd like forward lines if that happened.

Lupul-Lecavalier-Kessel
JVR-Kadri-Kulemin
Frattin-Bozak-Biggs/Ross
Komarov-McClement-Brown

Old
12-09-2012, 04:09 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
JVR is a shoot 1st winger so..

Old
12-09-2012, 04:21 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Shoot first wingers are a dime a dozen.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
Or a dime per 5.5M

Hope Bob Murray doesn't subscribe to this, would love to unload more trash on him and perhaps get Getzlaf and or Perry.

Disclaimer, my opinions are just that, based on a well thought out premise, backed up with facts, unlike some others.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Or a dime per 5.5M

Hope Bob Murray doesn't subscribe to this, would love to unload more trash on him and perhaps get Getzlaf and or Perry.

Disclaimer, my opinions are just that, based on a well thought out premise, backed up with facts, unlike some others.

I could probably live with an overpaid winger for now, if it allows Kadri a legit shot at earning a spot with the big club.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
NaiveLeafsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
I'd like to flip Grabo for Lecav, with little plusses where needed. Grabo is taking up Kadri's development spot. This is how I'd like forward lines if that happened.
Why do we want Lecav and that albatross contract? Not to mention Vinny sucks. I'd rather wait it out til this summer and try to grab Getz or Weiss

Old
12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
LeafsMonster
MeowLeafs is awesome

Jvr and kadri might be a good pairing. I'm assuming frattin would be up with the leafs and frattin and kadri have great chemistry.

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

Those players would be our top 9 obviously, just placement is an issue. Kulie and mac are not set on the second line. I would start that line out together because of the history and chemistry they have together and see how it goes. Jvr wouldn't stay on the thrid line. Mac and Kadri have played really well together in the short sample we've seen, so mac and jvr can switch lines. You could do the same with jvr and kulie but I don't like the idea of separating grabo and kulie. They work well with other people, Kulie would balance the defense on the third line, but him ang grabo work well together. And I think kulie should start on a fresh scale since he's doing great in russia and putting him on the third line to begin the season just wouldn't make sense.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Beleafer4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
i think there are a lot of players in the NHL who have crap attitude

and i mean a lot of good players as well
Well kadri is skilled, but he doesnt have he size or speed to afford a sub-par attitude imo.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
12345*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evaBlue View Post
I mean shoot and score, not just shoot - James Neal, Phil Kessel, etc. Not Mike Brown shoot first winger.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:07 PM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post
Jvr and kadri might be a good pairing. I'm assuming frattin would be up with the leafs and frattin and kadri have great chemistry.

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

Those players would be our top 9 obviously, just placement is an issue. Kulie and mac are not set on the second line. I would start that line out together because of the history and chemistry they have together and see how it goes. Jvr wouldn't stay on the thrid line. Mac and Kadri have played really well together in the short sample we've seen, so mac and jvr can switch lines. You could do the same with jvr and kulie but I don't like the idea of separating grabo and kulie. They work well with other people, Kulie would balance the defense on the third line, but him ang grabo work well together. And I think kulie should start on a fresh scale since he's doing great in russia and putting him on the third line to begin the season just wouldn't make sense.
This was what I was thinking as well. We just need a #1 C and that's a very good top 9, maybe replace MacArthur but the other pieces are great.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:16 PM
frankthetank91

The problem with the Naz situation(granted I haven't seen a Marlies game since mid-November) is he seems to excel at the wing. I don't think Burke or Carlyle would want Kadri and the 3rd line C, i've heard Burke he said he wants McClement there, or if Connolly is still here maybe him.

I really want to have Kadri up full time but I have so much trouble finding out where to slot him.

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kule
Mac-Jay-Frattin/Connolly

is one option. Or if Mac gets traded you got:

Lupul-Bozak-Kessel
JVR-Grabo-Kadri(can he play RW?, don't know if JVR has ever played RW)
Kulemin-Jay-Frattin/Connolly

Or Kadri on the 3rd line wing, and Kulemin back to the 2nd.

There's too many options, the problem is we have too many players. Although I think a trade will sort some of these problems out. Some bodies gotta be shipped out.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsMonster View Post

Kessel-bozak-lupul
Kulie-grabo-mac
Jvr-kadri-frattin

If Kadri makes the Leafs he has to get top 6 mins, this will be his best chance to develop. If he earns it, he should get time with Kule and JVR, there has to be a time we transition into a new era, the current team has had enough chances to prove themselves. When they tanked last year, it was an open admission this team does not have what it takes. As with any organization, if you fail, expect changes. Not the status quo of accepting mediocrity.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Hero
Raptors 13/14

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Naz View Post
Good god, are your being serious?

This is concrete evidence of the strange bias hate for Kadri by some. It's pathetic really.
So stupid.

I have been, and still am one of Kadri's biggest supporters and biggest fans on these boards.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:00 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
I mean shoot and score, not just shoot - James Neal, Phil Kessel, etc. Not Mike Brown shoot first winger.
You want Neal, or Kessel quality players for the 2nd line? Good luck. Shoot first wingers are fairly easy to acquire, heck, half of the board seems convinced Frattin will end up being a 25G winger in the NHL.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Bills09

Id like to see some experimenting if we ever get a 1C (ie Getzlaf)

JvR Getzlaf Kessel
Kadri Grabovsky Lupul
Kules McClement Frattin
Brown Steckel Komorov

Old
12-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Grant
LL Genius

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
Id like to see some experimenting if we ever get a 1C (ie Getzlaf)

JvR Getzlaf Kessel
Kadri Grabovsky Lupul
Kules McClement Frattin

Brown Steckel Komorov
That's what I want to try out as well. Didn't bold #1 center cause I think we need to get lucky to get him. Also didn't bold the 4th line because I haven't thought about it before but that seems ideal. We think alike you probably want to change how you think now. you don't want to think like me

Old
12-10-2012, 07:21 AM
Nazem Gretzky
Eller 4 Selke

Send a message via AIM to Nazem Gretzky
Quote:
If Kadri makes the Leafs he has to get top 6 mins, this will be his best chance to develop. If he earns it, he should get time with Kule and JVR, there has to be a time we transition into a new era, the current team has had enough chances to prove themselves. When they tanked last year, it was an open admission this team does not have what it takes. As with any organization, if you fail, expect changes. Not the status quo of accepting mediocrity.
He doesn't even have to get top 6 minutes...Zetterberg and Datsyuk weren't just thrown in the fire without playing 3rd line minutes first

Old
12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
He doesn't even have to get top 6 minutes...Zetterberg and Datsyuk weren't just thrown in the fire without playing 3rd line minutes first
Yes, there is no shame in earning your spot.

I'd have no problem if McCLement was on the 4th. line.

Frattin-Kadri-Kulemin 3rd. line wouldn't bother me at all.

Vaive and Ludzik on collapse, and Phaneuf.
Old
12-10-2012, 08:43 AM
Interactif

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amazing Ralph View Post
Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog would disagree with you.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:02 AM
ULF_55
Global Moderator

Quote:
Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog would disagree with you.
LOL

One of these is not like the others:

Duchene, Kane, Tavares, Hall, Seguin, Skinner, Nugent-Hopkins, Landeskog, Kadri.

Closed Thread