HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The History of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The History of Hockey Relive great moments in hockey history and discuss how the game has changed over time.

Has Crosby peaked statistically?

Old
12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Hardyvan123
tweet@HardyintheWack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhiessan71 View Post
ES scoring is not a "flavour of the month" for me, sorry but it has always been a big factor for me.

And yes I know Sid sits at about 60% of his points at ES but again, that's beside the point.
The point is that Sid has to maintain the high pace he was on for more than just 63 games out of 164.
The biggest difference with Mario is that he DID score at a high rate and much higher previously. He was not hitting a new level of production like Crosby.
Mario more than earned the benefit of the doubt at that level, Crosby has NOT.
As CzechyourMath has added, besides playing on much better PP unit, playing with Jagr at ES is miles above what Sid had to work with in 11.

Yes it was only 41 games but in so many ways it was more significant than Mario's 01 season as I have stated above.

CYM thinks that Sid might have another 3 peak seasons ahead of him and as a hockey fan I hope he is right because if Sid can stay healthy he still has a legit chance at top 10 of all time IMO.

Hardyvan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:22 PM
Rhiessan71
Just a Fool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyvan123 View Post
As CzechyourMath has added, besides playing on much better PP unit, playing with Jagr at ES is miles above what Sid had to work with in 11.

Yes it was only 41 games but in so many ways it was more significant than Mario's 01 season as I have stated above.
It will only be more significant if Sid continues that level of play. If not, then it becomes a one hit wonder kinda thing. Exactly no different than Yzerman's '89.

Quote:
CYM thinks that Sid might have another 3 peak seasons ahead of him and as a hockey fan I hope he is right because if Sid can stay healthy he still has a legit chance at top 10 of all time IMO.
I hope he has 3 or more peak seasons too but he could play at the level he did previous to the last 2 seasons and that would still be considered peak years.
And he needs a lot more than just a few seasons to crack the top 10 of all time.
Is Jagr even in the top 10 of all time?
Sid has a hell of a long way to go to pass Jagr. Hell, he's still working on passing Sakic and Yzerman among others.

So lets just wait for it to actually happen first shall we?
Just like how I'm waiting to see if Karlsson can repeat his performance a few times before I ACTUALLY put him in with the likes of Bourque and Leetch.

Rhiessan71 is offline   Reply With Quote