HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

St. Louis vs NYR SCF matchup-who wins?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
  #76
Rangers4Life74
Registered User
 
Rangers4Life74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by startainfection View Post
also, there is no way that the rags get past the isles next season


the Islanders have to make the playoffs first.

Rangers4Life74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:29 PM
  #77
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,386
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
If I'm trying to win a Stanley Cup, a third line center is quite possibly more valuable than any winger. Just ask SCF teams NJ and LA, the two teams that are 4 centers deep and roll 4 lines that can check or play. And how many key moments did Jarrett Stoll play in that run...we had him but were missing a talented winger in Simon Gagne but still dominated.
We have a 3rd line center. His name is Brian Boyle. Former King actually, and hes a great 3rd liner. He was tearing it up in the playoffs before Chris Neil hit him high and concussed him. He made Anisimov expendable. Kreider has already replaced Dubinsky in the top 6 LW role. We didnt lose anything really in that trade. And I liked Anisimov, but hes replaceable.

And theres NO 3rd line center, not even Stoll, thats more valuable than Rick Nash. Thats just typical HF centerism at work.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:33 PM
  #78
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,768
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How was Lundqvist's 2011-12 playoffs not better than Halak's 2009-10?

Halak: 9-9, 2.55 GAA, .923 SVP
Lundqvist: 10-10, 1.82 GAA, .931 SVP
apparently you didnt watch the first 2 rounds of 09-10

um is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 02:35 PM
  #79
the
Registered User
 
the's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 585
vCash: 500
I predict the Blues to win the cup so St-louis in 7

the is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:35 PM
  #80
Descendent*
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 308
vCash: 500
Rangers

Descendent* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:55 PM
  #81
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Ew. Who cares. What a snorefest that would be for anyone who isn't a Rangers or Blues fan.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM
  #82
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesfan94 View Post
I don't get how hard-fought, gritty, physical hockey is boring. Must be me.
I think you misspelled "60 minutes of perimeter shots, neutral zone play, and dump-ins."

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:58 PM
  #83
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
Ew. Who cares. What a snorefest that would be for anyone who isn't a Rangers or Blues fan.
Ew? lol...

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:59 PM
  #84
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Ew? lol...
It's a word that indicates disgust.


Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:03 PM
  #85
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
It's a word that indicates disgust.

The word 'ew' just comes off a little feminine to me.

I dunno, just my opinion.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 04:31 PM
  #86
3rdlineglory
Subban for Richards?
 
3rdlineglory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mahopac, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 406
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I think you misspelled "60 minutes of perimeter shots, neutral zone play, and dump-ins."
Let me guess low GA=trap hockey. And why do people associate physical hockey with no offense? That makes no sense whatsover.

3rdlineglory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:13 PM
  #87
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Let me guess low GA=trap hockey. And why do people associate physical hockey with no offense? That makes no sense whatsover.
I associate teams that barely play any offense with "no offense." Hey look, these are two teams just like that!

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
  #88
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
The word 'ew' just comes off a little feminine to me.

I dunno, just my opinion.


Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I was just expressing my opinion.

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
  #89
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post


Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I was just expressing my opinion.
lol what? Where in my post does it come across as my feelings being hurt? I was just laughing at you for the words you chose to express your opinion.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:02 PM
  #90
HarassmentPanda
Registered User
 
HarassmentPanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 339
vCash: 500
I pick the Rangers at this point in time, but have to laugh at the inevitable snorefest comments, and laugh even harder about people talking about how so and so team is better so how could Blues make it. The question was who would win in a a SCF matchip between STL adn NYR. Sometimes I feel like I'm drinking idiot poison reading these boards.

HarassmentPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:03 PM
  #91
Falco Lombardi
LET'S GO BLUES
 
Falco Lombardi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,646
vCash: 50
Blues in a great 7 game series where every game is low scoring and competitive and have people complaining that the Finals isn't resembling an All Star game.

Falco Lombardi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:06 PM
  #92
RDRR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post


Sorry if I hurt your feelings, I was just expressing my opinion.
He's a tough St. Louis gritty defense two way power forward hockey watching Missouri boy. He laughs at you for uttering such a feminine word.

RDRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:14 PM
  #93
Chris Hansen
Team Tyrion
 
Chris Hansen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 9,679
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
lol what? Where in my post does it come across as my feelings being hurt? I was just laughing at you for the words you chose to express your opinion.
If we're going to talk about irrelevant things, I have to ask why you are so intent on labeling femininity as an inherently bad thing.

I guess it's easy to act "manly" and "tough" on an internet message board.

Can't even express an opinion without receiving an ad hominem for the words you used

Chris Hansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:19 PM
  #94
stlblues9
Registered User
 
stlblues9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,279
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
If we're going to talk about irrelevant things, I have to ask why you are so intent on labeling femininity as an inherently bad thing.

I guess it's easy to act "manly" and "tough" on an internet message board.

Can't even express an opinion without receiving an ad hominem for the words you used
Femininity isn't a bad thing, it's just the word 'ew'. It makes me think of I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry and the little boy saying 'Ewwy' It's just funny.

stlblues9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:33 PM
  #95
KidRobot
Registered User
 
KidRobot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NEW JERSEY
Country: Poland
Posts: 3,074
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to KidRobot
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How was Lundqvist's 2011-12 playoffs not better than Halak's 2009-10?

Halak: 9-9, 2.55 GAA, .923 SVP
Lundqvist: 10-10, 1.82 GAA, .931 SVP
Did you even watch either goalies in either playoffs? Halak stood on his head for 2 weeks while Lundqvist barely had to stop a decent shot because the other 5 guys were laying on the ice the entire game.

Lets boil it down to just stats.

KidRobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:35 PM
  #96
Kane One
Global Moderator
vBookie Bookie
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 25,941
vCash: 3000
Quote:
Originally Posted by KidRobot View Post
Did you even watch either goalies in either playoffs? Halak stood on his head for 2 weeks while Lundqvist barely had to stop a decent shot because the other 5 guys were laying on the ice the entire game.

Lets boil it down to just stats.
It's funny you question whether I watched him or not, but you say this ****?

__________________
++++++++++[>+++++++>++++++++++>+++>+<<<<
-]>++++++.>+.+++++++++++++++.>+++++++++.<-.
>-------.<<-----.>----.>.<<+++++++++++.>-------------
-.+++++++++++++.-------.--.+++++++++++++.+.>+.>.

NHL Standings Under Different Point Systems
Kane One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 06:38 PM
  #97
SMantzas
Next Star?
 
SMantzas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 2,774
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We have a 3rd line center. His name is Brian Boyle. Former King actually, and hes a great 3rd liner. He was tearing it up in the playoffs before Chris Neil hit him high and concussed him. He made Anisimov expendable. Kreider has already replaced Dubinsky in the top 6 LW role. We didnt lose anything really in that trade. And I liked Anisimov, but hes replaceable.

And theres NO 3rd line center, not even Stoll, thats more valuable than Rick Nash. Thats just typical HF centerism at work.
Kreider doesnt make Dubinsky expendable. Do you not remember those long benchings during the Devils series?

SMantzas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:03 PM
  #98
deckercky
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It's funny you question whether I watched him or not, but you say this ****?
Lundqvist was very good last year in the playoffs...but compared to Halak in 2009-10, he did have it easy (though the Canadiens did collapse down as much as New York does, so it's not like Halak was playing behind a run and gun team). New York was a team that was stacked defensively, and on paper deserved to win the series they won, whereas Montreal was much more outclassed, knocking off two high powered offensive juggernauts.

deckercky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:15 PM
  #99
Sevanston
Moderator
 
Sevanston's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: NYC
Posts: 9,644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
How was Lundqvist's 2011-12 playoffs not better than Halak's 2009-10?

Halak: 9-9, 2.55 GAA, .923 SVP
Lundqvist: 10-10, 1.82 GAA, .931 SVP
Halak's first two rounds of the 2010 playoffs were the best playoff performance by a goalie in the last three years.

I know Thomas and Quick were fantastic, but they still had very talented teams in front of them. Halak had a team that barely made the playoffs to begin with, and he still almost single-handedly knocked out the two top teams in the East.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:24 PM
  #100
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,332
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMantzas View Post
Kreider doesnt make Dubinsky expendable. Do you not remember those long benchings during the Devils series?
Long benchings? The thing that Dubinsky had all season, and caused his ice time to drop from 20 to 16 minutes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hansen View Post
I think you misspelled "60 minutes of perimeter shots, neutral zone play, and dump-ins."
The Rangers barely shoot from the perimeter

__________________
Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.