HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Introduce Yourself

Old
09-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhockey19 View Post
I'm ajhockey19, known as ajhockey on the Canuck Forums. I've been a hockey fan since I was five and I became a Canucks Fan at about 7.
Welcome aj.

12-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Masterchief

vCash: 596
Hi all, good to be here

I come from another site that has ****** me off for the last time, I liked the Nucks but really got on the train during their 82 run. Still recall camping on the beach with my girl and my little 64 Nova SS, listening to the game on the radio.....ahhh, the good ol days. Spent most of my life in my home province, lived in Edmonchuck for 6 years. Spent 30+ years in food service and Instructing (16) at a College. I have spent some time in safety recently and now basically workout (and enjoy it) for a living. My favourites were mostly the tough guys of our team Kurtenbach, Steamer, Cox, Delorme, Gino, etc I liked the skill too though, sedelbauer, Gradin, Bure, Henrik, Danny. Fav goalie was Maclean...of course. I believe Hank will lead this team to the cup soon.
I do more reading posts than posting but will partake in the odd debate.

Thx HFBoards, for the platform

Masterchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 09:30 AM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

Welcome Masterchief.

Chairman Maouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:40 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

vCash: 500
Welcome Masterchief!

Furthermore, I've recently changed my username from fenrir604 to this. Just thought I would go with a more memorable username instead of something with numbers appended on the end.

Callhee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:20 PM
IComeInPeace

I'm an old schooler as well, much like Masterchief...
I was really young at the time, but did my best to follow the Canucks of around 1976-77 (I had a cousin who was a few years older than me that I tried to copy with everything he did)...
By the time the team hired Harry Neale, changed uni's and brought in Gradin-Fraser-Smyl, I was hooked. Lots of crappy teams for a long time, but a long run (mostly) of competitive teams since the early 90's (Messier/Keenan crap aside).

Loved Gradin.
Stan Smyl's game in his first few years as an NHL'er was something that is hard to put into words.
I absolutely loved Glen Hanlon. Still my favorite NHL'er of all time (makes no sense to me either).

I thought I would never see anyone like Bure in a Canucks uniform. I turned on him around the time he was traded away, but have recently come to appreciate him again.

Like Masterchief, I love the tough guys. Gino Odjick is right up there with Hanlon. Curt Fraser was as tough as they come, esp considering his size, and he could play the game.
Wasn't a big Snepsts fan.

I live in Southern California now (for the last 9 years now)...I'm not sure if it's my age and experience now, or simple geography. I still am a diehard fan but have chilled out a lot over the last 5-10 years. I used to be ready to slash my wrist with every loss, and no longer take it that serious.

I'm not overly greedy. I'd just love to see us win 1 Stanley Cup. Preferably while I'm still young enough to enjoy it.

IComeInPeace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:19 PM
racerjoe

Well I guess it is about time I introduce myself...

I just started posting here this summer, use to post somewhere else that shall not be named.

I was a goalie consultant for Hollyburn a few yers back and currently drive an Olympia for work (Zamboni). I have headed back to school for accounting and business so I can open my own business in a few years.

I have been a Canucks fan since about 88, when I first started playing hockey even though at the time I lived in Erie PA. I am Canadian though and was born in Vancouver, my dad just took a job there for 5 years. I played rep Goalie for a few years, regret not trying to go somewhere with it, I was decent, which is saying something when it turns out I needed glasses.

I play a lot of hockey now in mens league, at Burnaby, but as a player, mainly center or defense.

Last I am a terrible speller, and will also have bad grammar at times, mainly because I don't re read what I type, so if I make a typo, its generally going to stay in... sorry.

racerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Well I guess it is about time I introduce myself...

I just started posting here this summer, use to post somewhere else that shall not be named.

I was a goalie consultant for Hollyburn a few yers back and currently drive an Olympia for work (Zamboni). I have headed back to school for accounting and business so I can open my own business in a few years.

I have been a Canucks fan since about 88, when I first started playing hockey even though at the time I lived in Erie PA. I am Canadian though and was born in Vancouver, my dad just took a job there for 5 years. I played rep Goalie for a few years, regret not trying to go somewhere with it, I was decent, which is saying something when it turns out I needed glasses.

I play a lot of hockey now in mens league, at Burnaby, but as a player, mainly center or defense.

Last I am a terrible speller, and will also have bad grammar at times, mainly because I don't re read what I type, so if I make a typo, its generally going to stay in... sorry.
Welcome, racerjoe! Wow, you have amassed more posts in 6 months than I have in 3 years!

Old
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Welcome, newbies!

Mr. Canucklehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

vCash: 940
Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Is every newbie here considerably older than me or is every HF'er? Enjoy your stay here, guys!

Reverend Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callhee View Post
Welcome, racerjoe! Wow, you have amassed more posts in 6 months than I have in 3 years!

I normally don't post this much, but I am just hockey starved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Is every newbie here considerably older than me or is every HF'er? Enjoy your stay here, guys!
Why how old are you? I am only 30.

racerjoe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
I normally don't post this much, but I am just hockey starved!

Why how old are you? I am only 30.
I am 12.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
I am 12.
Figured, by the quality of your posts. Still, better be careful with confirming it so clearly...

Quote:
Federal Law requires that you be 13 years of age or older to register for our forums. If you do not meet the age requirement, do not proceed with registration. If you are already registered and it is determined that you are under age 13, your account will be deleted. Although our content is suitable for all ages we are not permitted to collect personal data required for registration such as email addresses, IP numbers, etc, on individuals under age 13. By registering you acknowledge you have read and accept the forum rules.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:57 PM
Wilch
Unregistered User

Quote:
I am 12.
Banned.

Wilch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Figured, by the quality of your posts. Still, better be careful with confirming it so clearly...
Hey now!

Definitely not 12 though.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:22 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

I was first introduced to the game of hockey at the age of 7 one day in Grade 3. As an Asian kid, I did not know much about hockey or what it meant to Canada. Many of my white friends were in love with this sport, and they told me I should check it out. Naturally, since I grew up in Burnaby, which is a suburb of Vancouver, the first team I checked out was the Vancouver Canucks. So I checked out game 4 of the Western Conference semifinals when the Canucks faced the Ducks. One of my first impressions was that it was a fast paced game and extremely exciting. I couldn't stop watching, I was hooked. After the Canucks were knocked out I watched the Ducks win the Cup and Scotty Niedermayer lifting the Cup.

The next season I was officially hooked, I watched the entire 2007-08 season, which was one of our worst seasons in awhile. We missed the playoffs, placing 10th in the West. In 08-09 we finished 3rd in the West and our rivalry with Chicago began. Then in 09-10 Henrik won the Art Ross and the Hart, and we once again lost to Chicago with Luongo ******** the bed. One of my fondest Canuck memories was the Daniel Sedin between the legs goal on Miikka Kiprousoff, with a Henrik Sedin assist in the last game of the season where Hank got 4 points to jump into the points lead and win the Art Ross.

Then came 2010-11. We finished 1st in the NHL and won the President's Trophy. Daniel Sedin won the Art Ross trophy and we made the playoffs. Two of my biggest Canuck memories ensued in this playoff run. First was the Burrows goal in OT against Chicago in game 7 which allowed us to finally beat Chicago in the playoffs for the first time in three years. Next came the Bieksa goal off the stanchion in 2OT in game 5 against the Sharks. We made it to game 7 of the cup finals but our team was just not good enough. I remember how happy I was when Burrows scored the goal in OT against Chicago, and I also remember how upset I was when we lost game 7 of the cup finals.

In 2011-12 we won the Presidents trophy but many of our players did not have as great a season as they did the year before. We bowed out in the first round against the LA Kings, who then won the cup.

Some things about me as a hockey fan:
Favorite team is clearly the Vancouver Canucks, second favorite would be the Pittsburgh Penguins
Favorite player is Henrik Sedin, favorite player in the rest of the league is Sidney Crosby
Favorite Canucks are Henrik Sedin, Daniel Sedin and Alex Burrows.
Most memorable Canuck moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmoqn...eature=mh_lolz

I also really miss Christian Ehrhoff and I can't believe he walked and went to Buffalo, very upset, he was one of my favorite players in the league, he was a very solid defenseman. I also miss Cody Hodgson, hate that he wanted more playing time though it was understandable. He was a great prospect with a wicked shot and I feel if he stayed in Vancouver as the third line center he could have been amazing; learning the offensive game from Henrik and the defensive game from Kesler. But what's done is done.

I also like to say that I support Roberto Luongo. I don't feel that Luongo should be flamed for being a bad goalie, he is an elite goalie and arguably the best goalie the Canucks have ever had. I don't understand why you gotta hate, he is an amazing goalie. I don't get why you guys want to replace him with Schneider; sure Schneids is amazing however he has only ever played 30 games a season, once he gets the 60 game workload who is to say he won't start letting in weak goals as he suffers the grind of a 60 game season? Why do you have to run the best goalie in franchise history who brought us to game 7 of the cup finals out of town? We may never get a goalie like Roberto ever again. I love how Canuck fans blame Luongo for everything, I mean it's clearly Luongo's fault that the team could only score 8 goals in 7 games against the Bruins eh? It's clearly Luongo's fault that the team could only score 7 goals in 5 games against the Kings eh? Geezus open your eyes guys. While I agree that Schneider is great, he has never been exposed to the workload of a starter and I feel he may not be ready for it and/or not experienced enough. However I believe Luongo does not deserve all the hate he is getting when it clearly isn't his fault and I feel we've already gone over the line and he deserves to be traded away from these Vancouver fans that treat him like ****.

Nathan MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Oh yeah, and I'm currently 15 years old in 9th grade. I come in peace from CDC (Canucks.com forums) where I am active and have been registered there for over 2 years with about 7,000 posts. I participate in many fantasy leagues. The Canucks are my life.

Old
12-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Callhee
Embrace the hate.

Welcome to HFboards!

Old
12-23-2012, 09:02 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 1512
Quote:
Ari's a hack as far as I'm concerned. I don't think too highly of him. Funny to see all those old names still running around in that fodder they call a message board.
I'd say there's two or three members on that site I actually like, and those tow or three all stick to the fantasy section, as did I. I'm done with CDC, and haven't been on since late November or something. Only thing that kept me there was the fantasy section, but now that's gone to **** too.

It sucks. Had a lot of good times in the fantasy section.

PG Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

I remember the first hockey game I watched was the Gold Medal Game in 2002. Safe to say Joe Sakic was my first hockey hero.

First Canucks game had to be either game 5 or 6 vs St. Louis. I remember my parents invited the block over to watch the Minny series in our garage with a TV. Good times.

Old
12-24-2012, 12:55 AM
Intoewsables

vCash: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I'd say there's two or three members on that site I actually like, and those tow or three all stick to the fantasy section, as did I. I'm done with CDC, and haven't been on since late November or something. Only thing that kept me there was the fantasy section, but now that's gone to **** too.

It sucks. Had a lot of good times in the fantasy section.
Pretty much...

No RGMG = no fantasy hockey for me basically.

Intoewsables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Nathan MacKinnon
Believe in BLUE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intoewsables View Post
Pretty much...

No RGMG = no fantasy hockey for me basically.
Silly lockout ruined RGMG

Old
12-24-2012, 03:09 AM
The Finnish MacInnis*

Quote:
I remember the first hockey game I watched was the Gold Medal Game in 2002. Safe to say Joe Sakic was my first hockey hero.

First Canucks game had to be either game 5 or 6 vs St. Louis. I remember my parents invited the block over to watch the Minny series in our garage with a TV. Good times.
Took you long enough, Junior.

The Finnish MacInnis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 03:54 AM
Royal Canuck
SuperCam!

Quote:
I am 12.
Jesus, and I thought I was the youngest on here.

Twitter |HFBoards Contact | Blog
PSN - TBennz
"You're never a loser until you quit trying. " - Mike Ditka
Royal Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Reverend Mayhem
CRJ + RNH = Sex

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Finnish MacInnis View Post
Took you long enough, Junior.
I didn't like the hockey back in the day. It was all about that Pokemon. #90skid #eventhoughIturned7in2000 #idontevenrememberthe90s #imposterjusttodistinguishmyself #unnecessaryhashtag #thisisnttwitter #lol <---- Every person my age ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Canuck View Post
Jesus, and I thought I was the youngest on here.
For a 12 year-old I can grow a thick beard. And I'm pretty sure I'm the only one in my grade that drinks whiskey and can watch pr0n legally. 12 year olds smoke cigars right?

Old
12-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
I didn't like the hockey back in the day. It was all about that Pokemon. #90skid #eventhoughIturned7in2000 #idontevenrememberthe90s #imposterjusttodistinguishmyself #unnecessaryhashtag #thisisnttwitter #lol <---- Every person my age ever.
Hey, I don't do that!

Taelin is offline   Reply With Quote