HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WBS Penguins Hockey PART II

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 12:12 PM
JTG

vCash: 500
Billy G is around the organization. I'm sure Tangradi has had more than one opportunity to pick his brain.

I think the problem with Tangradi is two-fold. One point is that he is never given a real opportunity with any regularity to play with good players in the NHL. He's not a guy that's going to make guys around him better...he is a complementary piece. Giving him 7 mins a game with Craig Adams in a dump and chase role is never going to work for him.

Second point is that I would like the organization to essentially tell the kid, "go out and play your game." I think the organization has tried to mold him into what they want him to be and not what he is naturally. It's evident watching the kid that he thinks way too much on the ice, and not only is his decision making slow because it's a faster league and he's with ****** players, but also because he's trying to think about what this coaching staff wants him to be. Just leave him be. So what if he doesn't run guys through the boards with consistency.

I think if he were given regular mins with good players, and had no pressure as to what the team wants him to be, he'd be a much better player, and no reason he couldn't score 18-20 goals and 20 assists or so. That's just my take.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
mpp9

No doubt the Philly series collapse is on team defense and Fleury, but I think an overlooked part of it was our lack of big bodied puck possession wingers in our lineup. It was quick strike offense against a **** Bryzgalov and for large stretches, **** Philly D. For our system to work in the postseason, we need to wear down the defense. Steve Sullivan and Pascal Dupuis as two of your top 6 wingers is not going to get that done.

Tangradi may not be a typical power forward. But he's a guy who can win board battles, hold onto the puck and buy some time for Sid/Geno to make plays. Once he gets comfortable in the NHL, the points will come. He has the hands in tight and playmaking ability to be a serviceable third wheel on a scoring line.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Wish I could watch these games. It's good to hear Gradi and Dangles are developing well. Maybe a nice silver lining of this BS lockout.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
Billy G is around the organization. I'm sure Tangradi has had more than one opportunity to pick his brain.

I think the problem with Tangradi is two-fold. One point is that he is never given a real opportunity with any regularity to play with good players in the NHL. He's not a guy that's going to make guys around him better...he is a complementary piece. Giving him 7 mins a game with Craig Adams in a dump and chase role is never going to work for him.

Second point is that I would like the organization to essentially tell the kid, "go out and play your game." I think the organization has tried to mold him into what they want him to be and not what he is naturally. It's evident watching the kid that he thinks way too much on the ice, and not only is his decision making slow because it's a faster league and he's with ****** players, but also because he's trying to think about what this coaching staff wants him to be. Just leave him be. So what if he doesn't run guys through the boards with consistency.

I think if he were given regular mins with good players, and had no pressure as to what the team wants him to be, he'd be a much better player, and no reason he couldn't score 18-20 goals and 20 assists or so. That's just my take.
Picking his brain here & there at some prospect camps is totally different than having a him there at practice & games almost every day.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
penguins2946*

Quote:

Tangradi sees Billy G rarely at best. There's a difference of working with him for 3 months over the off-season and working with him when Billy G is paying attention to 50 other prospects.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguins2946 View Post
Tangradi sees Billy G rarely at best. There's a difference of working with him for 3 months over the off-season and working with him when Billy G is paying attention to 50 other prospects.
I think he deals with Billy G more than you would think.

I've seen WBS practice pics and Billy G was on the ice. He's in constant contact with all the prospects in the organizations. It's not like he deals with the guys once a season and that's it.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:

I agree with this so much it isn't funny. Just let the freaking big dog eat

Old
12-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Crafton
Liver-Eating Johnson

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogrezilla View Post
Just let the freaking big dog eat
you couldn't resist, could you?

Old
12-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Ogrezilla
Nerf Herder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in Crafton View Post
you couldn't resist, could you?
I could not. it just fit so perfectly

easily the simplest and favorite of my photoshops because everyone hates the nickname so much

Old
12-09-2012, 11:51 PM
PensFan6687

I noticed Simon Despres was not on the playing roster last game.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Tasty Biscuits
with fancy sauce

He's a bit dinged up. Not sure of the extent of it. Day-to-day with an undisclosed one I believe

Old
12-10-2012, 09:45 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Uh oh... Elmer has fallen off the wagon. Shades of 2010.
There's no point in hiding it behind a fake injury. A man fitting his description has been seen 3x this fall making weekend binge-runs to the Tim Horton's in Erie, cleaning out the stock. The manager finally had to post a picture of him so employees would not serve him any more. His next move is probably Buffalo. There's one in Buffalo I think.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
Randy Butternubs
Makin Bacon Pancakes

Who the hell is Elmer?

Old
12-10-2012, 04:19 PM
deakka

Zatkoff left the practice today with some kind of injury. If hes out for an exctended time, do you guys think it will be impossible to get Pechurski to come back to the NA? Ive always thought the pens handled that situation bad forcing him back to Russia.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Sivek

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Zatkoff left the practice today with some kind of injury. If hes out for an exctended time, do you guys think it will be impossible to get Pechurski to come back to the NA? Ive always thought the pens handled that situation bad forcing him back to Russia.

Pretty much zero chance of that happening. Pechurskiy is a bit intriguing since he has played well in the VHL but I can't see the Pens bringing him over during the season or Pechurskiy leaving Russia in the middle of the season to serve as an injury fill-in for the AHL team.

Also, it's not as much the Pens mishandling his career as his WHL team. I don't recall the specifics but he was coming off a good season, started the next season with the team and then was cut a few games into the season due to an import/overage deal. Since the season was already underway, there probably weren't many teams that accommodate him on the roster so he had to go really out of his way to find a team in NA. After going through that garbage, he figured he was probably better off playing in the KHL and it's feeder league. I don't blame him, he came to NA and had a solid season, then he starts the next season with the same team and at the beginning of the season he's off the team and scrambling to find a job. He's played well in the VHL so I wouldn't be averse to see him back over in NA but I don't know how feasible that is. With another good season this year, he'll probably be angling for a back-up spot on a KHL team next season.

Last edited by Sivek: 12-10-2012 at 04:49 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
deakka

Yeah, he had to play in the CHL or something that year :/
WOUld like to see him in the system again AHL/ECHL. But as you stated, he probably will stay in Russia for years to come.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:12 PM
gdsmack267

Quote:
Originally Posted by deakka View Post
Would rather them sign brent johnson if zatkoff is going to be out long term.

Edit: Speaking of goalies, they just signed ECHL goalie Ryan Zapolski.

http://www.wbspenguins.com/articles/...apolski-to-pto

Last edited by gdsmack267: 12-11-2012 at 09:09 AM.
Old
12-11-2012, 03:17 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunitz View Post
Who the hell is Elmer?
Were you born under a rock?

Elmer says hello.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
wej20

This is Elmer

Old
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

There is no denying his Elmerness.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:59 AM
PensBandwagonerNo272
the march

vCash: 450
Just curious since I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, what are the starting line-ups right now?

Old
12-12-2012, 08:43 AM
TheRollingPuck
Keep Calm & Corsi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Uh oh... Elmer has fallen off the wagon. Shades of 2010.
There's no point in hiding it behind a fake injury. A man fitting his description has been seen 3x this fall making weekend binge-runs to the Tim Horton's in Erie, cleaning out the stock. The manager finally had to post a picture of him so employees would not serve him any more. His next move is probably Buffalo. There's one in Buffalo I think.

This is the downside of playing your trade in Canada. Just look at what it did to Kyle Wellwwod. Once he got injured, he couldn't cover it with his play. Despres should have gone the US route.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:58 AM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I'd be lying to you if I said I couldn't go for a couple of maple-frosted right about now. When do Dangles and the boys play next? I predict hat trick.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:55 PM
penguins2946*

Bennett has 2 A, Dumoulin with the goal. 3-2 Albany

Old
12-12-2012, 06:58 PM
Sivek

Man, Thiessen is bad. His save% is going to be hovering in the .870 strata soon.

Bennett at 21 pts through 23 games.

Closed Thread