HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF Jets Lounge | Now with 92.7% Less Football!

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

vCash: 500
Anyone else watch the UFC fights tonight? Really good fights. McDonald absolutely dominated BJ Penn....like bad. At the presser after UFC said BJ went to the hospital. Also, Henderson looked really really good. His style reminds me a lot of GSP to be honest.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:49 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Happy Hanukkah to all those who are celebrating!

Old
12-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

My god Pacquaio got absolutely KO'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBunk View Post
Anyone else watch the UFC fights tonight? Really good fights. McDonald absolutely dominated BJ Penn....like bad. At the presser after UFC said BJ went to the hospital. Also, Henderson looked really really good. His style reminds me a lot of GSP to be honest.
It was actually a really solid card from the prelims to the main fights. Why BJ thought he could fight at 170 I'll never know, but with all those body shots McDonald fed him it's not surprising he had to go to the hospital. Looked like his ribs were in a world of pain.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:10 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Yeah no kidding Lynk. They hyped to be the 'best' card they have had on TV but I have to admit pretty well every fight was really good. The Easton/Assuncao was a bit boring but that was it. Apparently BJ had broken ribs. I agree with you that he had no business being at 170. McDonald was totally dominate otherwise though. I didn't care for the cocky stuff he did though, Ali shuffle & dropped his hands. Thought it lacked class even though he was dominating.

Also, Rua was too beat up to do the presser. Didn't think he was that far done but I guess there were a few blows that stung. Prelims were awesome but I was very happy with McDonald and Henderson. I can't stand Diaz I like that a guy like Hendo beat him down.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:16 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Agreed on Diaz, anytime I see those 2 get beat up I consider it a good night. I think what we saw tonight is probably a carbon copy of what GSP is going to do to Nick.

And I was rooting for McDonald as he looks to be better and better each time he steps in, but the showboating was classless. Don't get me wrong, BJ has always been a crybaby but McDonald had no business trying to act like Silva this early in his career.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:21 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Its funny you say Silva because that is exactly what I thought when he was doing that. I Would imagine he will get a talking to in some fashion from his camp. GSP is far too classy to have a sparing partner do those things. I never liked BJ and to be honest, I think he has been, and still is, overrated. McDonald is the real deal. I wonder if BJ took the 170 with him because he thought it would be an easier comeback than a stacked 155 division.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:24 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Yeah BJ just doesn't have the desire to put in the effort needed to sustain 3 rounds of action. Then hearing Goldberg go on saying "He can go for 6 rounds" was complete garbage. BJ was gassed after the 1st round.

BJ needs those big main event David vs. Goliath type fights to get him motivated to put in the work, but at this stage in his career he isn't going to get those chances.

Dana told Fuel after the fight that he hopes BJ retires.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

And BJ should. He totally looked gassed after the first. Mind you, McDonald laid out some serious strikes that I don't think he expected.

I think I am among a minority here, but I think a Henderson vs GSP fight would be better, which is different then what will draw the most fans, than a Silva vs. GSP fight. When I watched Henderson his patient style and wrestling reminded me so much of GSP and I'd love to see what they can do.
Silva vs. GSP would be good too but I am not sure I see it happening.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:31 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Stylistically, I'd rather see Hendo Vs GSP and Silva vs. Jones. Would be interesting.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Lynk
Registered Bro

I think that fight will happen eventually. Henderson will most likely have to go through 1 or 2 more guys in between as GSP has Diaz first and then who knows what after that.

I imagine we'll eventually see GSP Silva but I can't imagine it'll be in the near future, one of GSPs biggest attributes is his speed and to put on another 10-15 lbs at middleweight or a catch weight in between would already put him at a disadvantage that I don't ever see him doing.

Have to wait and see I suppose.

And I would love to see Silva v Jones, that would be dirty.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:42 AM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Would be interesting for sure. From what I have read and heard, GSP isn't (right now anyway) willing to budge at 170. Silva is willing to go down a bit from what I have heard. When he went up to he absolutely made a fool of James Irvin.

You are right, time will tell. Just the matches I mentioned before may be a more interesting display of technique.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:50 AM
ps241
Hero of CantonKiller

Boxing is a brutal sport.....Packman KO'd bad enough that he could be done.......on the upside Floyd might come out of hiding now that Packman is wounded.

Mama don't let your sons grow up to be boxers.....the story always ends the same way.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:18 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Danario Alexander with 2 TD's today against the Steelers. That's saying something against the #1 pass defence. The 2nd was a toss-up and a really nice catch. Certainly didn't expect a win over the Steelers today.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

*******. I have no idea what to say. How does Tampa blow a 11 point lead with less than 4 minutes left? ****.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Holy ***** David Wilson of the NY Giants is fast. Nice TD.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:41 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Great start to this Giants Saints game.

Manning throws a pick 6. Giants return the kickoff for 97 yd TD.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:02 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Adrian Peterson man. Guy has a serious chance at breaking Eric Dickerson's all time single season record.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:32 PM
sully1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Boxing is a brutal sport.....Packman KO'd bad enough that he could be done.......on the upside Floyd might come out of hiding now that Packman is wounded.

Mama don't let your sons grow up to be boxers.....the story always ends the same way.
A buddy of mine used to do Golden Gloves until he met O'Sullivan(he was a medalist at an Olympics I think)...he promptly quite after hearing how punch drunk he was.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:12 PM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Adrian Peterson man. Guy has a serious chance at breaking Eric Dickerson's all time single season record.
Made even more awesome because lots of people didn't expect much from him this year after the injury.

Also,

Old
12-10-2012, 03:42 AM
blueandgoldguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Made even more awesome because lots of people didn't expect much from him this year after the injury.

Also,

Ponder might as well sit on the bench. MIght as well run plays with 2 running backs in the backfield. Direct snap to Gerhart or Peterson everytime.

91 yards passing and 1 INT and no TDs. DOn't quit your day job Ponder. Uh what? This is you day job? Scary stuff!

Old
12-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Ziggy66

vCash: 1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Agreed on Diaz, anytime I see those 2 get beat up I consider it a good night. I think what we saw tonight is probably a carbon copy of what GSP is going to do to Nick.

And I was rooting for McDonald as he looks to be better and better each time he steps in, but the showboating was classless. Don't get me wrong, BJ has always been a crybaby but McDonald had no business trying to act like Silva this early in his career.
Agree to a certain extent. Silva can showboat as he usually knocks out his opponent a few seconds later ( minus the Maia fight but I think that was a personal issue between the two).....Rory didnt.

The way I see it you can showboat if you can back it up in the UFC. Silva is the perfect example. he showboats then knocks the person out or taps them out. I like Rory as a fighter but if you are going to showboat then back it up and knock the person out and stop the fight..........but he did give BJ a dirty beating for three rounds. Love Penn but its time for him to retire and help train the future.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:46 AM
Tom ServoMST3K
HF anti-tank squad

vCash: 2084
While we might not be able to watch the jets, we can still watch their commercials

any others

Knock me down and call me susan, thats a wing

Old
12-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Duir
Registered Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post

Oh peyton is far from having the best season. I honestly have to put a televised game on mute when watching Denver as the announcers are all over his junk the whole game...........EX: Decker with the spectacular one handed catch, he breaks one tackle, two tackles, three tackles, outsprints the final two defenders for a 50yrds and he is in the endzone!! Touchdown by Peyton Manning via Decker!!! WOW did you see what Peyton did there! Just amazing!!! Peyton is back to his oldself!!..................Peyton this and Peyton that and so on and so forth
I remember that actually, and you are right. I know the guy has talent and all but sometimes you also have to recognize what others can do. That was a cool play.

I have to say this about Peyton though: nobody, and I mean nobody, can read a defence better than him. Big Ben is up there too. The uncanny ability to recognize coverage in a hurry-up offence and call audibles when needed, thats a credit to him, his O-line, and the receivers/rushers as well. Thats what separates him.

Oh, and awesome to see Brady dismantle the Texans last night. Sorry Texan fans but he made their defence look silly!

Old
12-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 125
Nothing against Manning, but I think even Joey Elliot could throw a touchdown or two if he played the Chiefs, Raiders, and Chargers all twice in one season

Old
12-11-2012, 01:12 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Closed Thread