HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Hockey Talk by Country > Russia
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

2013 WJC Russian Roster

Old
12-05-2012, 11:11 PM
coursy17

vCash: 500
looks like nhl lockout might end does that mean yak and grig are gonezo?

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 11:55 PM
Atas2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
Grigorenko not necessarily. Only if the Sabres want him on their roster right away. Otherwise he'd be playing in juniors like the most of invitees and be free to play. Yakupov would probably go to Edmonton, but so would RNH.

Don't get me wrong. I understand the NA fans, but right now I want a cancellation of the NHL season. The end of the lockout would ruin a lot of good hockey in Russia. And a shortened NHL season is not something I'd follow. It just doesn't feel right.

Atas2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:25 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atas2000 View Post
This is a totally missed shot. The porblem is the image of the NHL as the wordl's best league. What incentives? They are already guaranteeing 4 young players roster spots in the KHL against good reason obviously. I would leave it at 2 at the most. Should KHL teams pay them insane money only to spoil them but to keep them at all costs? There are already precedents. Anton Burdasov left for SKA all because of some insane contract they offered him. He's not worth that money. He would be doing good if he stayed in the system of Traktor. Throwing 'incentives' at the kids won't help it.
You're oversimplifying. There are numerous complexities involved and different potential solutions, which depend on the age group.

My biggest concern is the 16-year olds, who should be staying at home. The problem is that they can't expect KHL jobs, nor should they be given any.

As for teams "throwing" money at players, this is hardly what I am suggesting. If they're rewarding the wrong players then they have only themselves to blame. I believe that the real problem is rooted in a) poor scouting, which means an inability to identify the truly promising talents and b) providing them with the right incentives to stay home.

There aren't really that many special talents in each age group. Several. Communicate with them, reward them appropriately for their play. Burdasov has nothing to do with any of this. He was never ever any good.

This should be capitalism. Incentives work when applied properly. They don't work because cronies control the system.

Last edited by Fantomas: 12-09-2012 at 01:30 AM.
Fantomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 01:32 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Naumenkov is a big loss. He was probably the best D in the SSS. So many top D going down before the tournament. Canada lost Murray and Sweden lost both Klefbom and Brodin.

Any info on Tryamkin? He's a big kid playing in the KHL and only 18.
Naumenkov is a big loss in the sense that now we'll have to watch Koledov or Vasilevski in his place. Big enough.

Old
12-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Fantomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
Depends on a situation.

The main reason they are leaving is to improve their NHL draft stock, as that is their ultimate goal.

Now, some of them play for top KHL organizations and they have trouble finding minutes with the main squads. I can maybe understand that reasoning.
I can understand it very well, and I sympathize with them and don't blame them unlike some people here.

These players have to feel that by leaving they will be losing something. And this shouldn't come in a form of a threat (which is the implied chance of being left off a national team).

Remember that the focus should be on keeping the best players. Many will still leave, but look for ways to keep the Tolchinskys and the Zharkovs and the Serebryakovs.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:14 PM
malkinfan

Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Is Slepyshev at camp? He got belted with a late hit in the game against SU and stayed down on the ice for a bit. Hopefully not the case, but ut looked like a head injury, or possibly an aggrevation of his other injury (Shoulder?).

malkinfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:07 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
Is Slepyshev at camp? He got belted with a late hit in the game against SU and stayed down on the ice for a bit. Hopefully not the case, but ut looked like a head injury, or possibly an aggrevation of his other injury (Shoulder?).
good question about Slepyshev

Looked like he was pretty hurt to me.

FHR, championship.com coverage completely sucks compared to TSN jr coverage. Russians get 1 media day to cover the team, and then you get some vanilla reporters who cover factory closures one day and hockey camp the next. That's pretty much it.

Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:08 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum View Post
FHR, championship.com coverage completely sucks compared to TSN jr coverage. Russians get 1 media day to cover the team, and then you get some vanilla reporters who cover factory closures one day and hockey camp the next. That's pretty much it.
Lol, what about Osdachenko, doesn't he follow the juniors around and get the inside scoop?

Old
12-10-2012, 12:41 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
Lol, what about Osdachenko, doesn't he follow the juniors around and get the inside scoop?
I believe he lives in Canada.

SoundAndFury is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:10 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
He's just a freelancer, his coverage is dependent on someone sponsoring him and he is only there during the tournament.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:35 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:

It is bad when you need to check twitter for updates.

https://twitter.com/Nail10_1993
Наиль Якупов ‏@Nail10_1993
Первая тренировка с национальной сборной ))) Здоровские ощущения

Last edited by Dynamo81: 12-10-2012 at 07:25 AM.
Dynamo81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 01:40 AM
coursy17

any cuts or anything happen?

coursy17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-15-2012, 09:38 PM
malkinfan

http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...5fcdfcd4bad177

For guys who keep burning Pedan without having seen him play a lot, watch this video about a minute in. What a huge deke he put on.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/v...5fcdfcd4bad177

For guys who keep burning Pedan without having seen him play a lot, watch this video about a minute in. What a huge deke he put on.
It's good and I hope he develops into a good player. But there are kids who can do these moves on my local rink, and I still think he played poorly overall for Russia when given the chance. Specifically his discipline is bad and where he takes these penalties is even worse.

Old
12-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:
I still think he played poorly overall for Russia when given the chance. Specifically his discipline is bad and where he takes these penalties is even worse.
This.

Old
12-16-2012, 06:52 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
This.
He played awful at the summer series. But to his defense all of the Russian guys were at camps for a month already OHL camps didnt even start yet. I would have liked to see him in midseason form at the subway series before passing final judgement. He is one of the top physical/offensive Dmen in the O, which is impressive.
Also, Fulcrum, I object to that statement of any guy pulling a move like that. I play with pros/junior A's in the summer and they cant pull that kind of stuff on guys of their own caliber, maybe against some junior c guys or something. The way he manipulated that whole play was a thing of beauty.

Old
12-17-2012, 12:01 AM
Fulcrum

Quote:
He played awful at the summer series. But to his defense all of the Russian guys were at camps for a month already OHL camps didnt even start yet. I would have liked to see him in midseason form at the subway series before passing final judgement. He is one of the top physical/offensive Dmen in the O, which is impressive.
Also, Fulcrum, I object to that statement of any guy pulling a move like that. I play with pros/junior A's in the summer and they cant pull that kind of stuff on guys of their own caliber, maybe against some junior c guys or something. The way he manipulated that whole play was a thing of beauty.
I hope you're right about him being a impressive player. It is nice that his stats have improved substantially since last year.

Well, to be fair the guys at my local rink are Jr A (normal for Canada). But anyway, it's just a move so I wouldn't get to caught up in it.

Old
12-19-2012, 07:09 PM
malkinfan

Quote:
I hope you're right about him being a impressive player. It is nice that his stats have improved substantially since last year.

Well, to be fair the guys at my local rink are Jr A (normal for Canada). But anyway, it's just a move so I wouldn't get to caught up in it.
fair enough

BTW today Zadorov, Zlobin, Yakimov were cut. IMO bad call on all 3, especially Zadorov, he should be there in the absence of Naumenkov.

Old
12-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Dynamo81

Quote:
fair enough

BTW today Zadorov, Zlobin, Yakimov were cut. IMO bad call on all 3, especially Zadorov, he should be there in the absence of Naumenkov.
Yakimov had little chance. Who would Zlobin replace for you?

Zadorov was never going to get much ice time, I think 5 guys in Defense have already 20+ KHL games and are more experienced/reliable in the eyes of the coach. He is 17 too.

Old
12-20-2012, 12:39 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo81 View Post
Yakimov had little chance. Who would Zlobin replace for you?

Zadorov was never going to get much ice time, I think 5 guys in Defense have already 20+ KHL games and are more experienced/reliable in the eyes of the coach. He is 17 too.
Substance over form, It doesnt matter where they play. Zadorov had a great showing with the team and regardless of his age is as physically mature as any of them. He is as steady as a rock back there and I feel they might be lacking that especially with no Naumenkov. In fact, I am not a huge fan of Mironov, he is somewhat of a liability defensively. Nesterov is a massive liability defensively but he makes up for it with his offense. And Zadorov is way better than the likes of Koledov or Vasilevski at the very least..... I can see Yakimov left off because he is a younger guy but not Zlobin, no way. Take him over Kapustin any day of the week. He plays a clever game, I feel the team has a lot of speedsters and snipers but who is the premier playmaker? Zlobin is very good in that department and is responsible defensively as well.... I don't trust Slepyshev yet, I don't either, not going to be at the same form as the other guys.

Last edited by malkinfan: 12-20-2012 at 12:47 AM.
Old
12-20-2012, 10:38 AM
MaxV

The fact that the tournament is on the big ice contributed to Zadorov not making the team imo.

MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-20-2012, 02:31 PM
Fulcrum

Quote:
Substance over form, It doesnt matter where they play. Zadorov had a great showing with the team and regardless of his age is as physically mature as any of them. He is as steady as a rock back there and I feel they might be lacking that especially with no Naumenkov. In fact, I am not a huge fan of Mironov, he is somewhat of a liability defensively. Nesterov is a massive liability defensively but he makes up for it with his offense. And Zadorov is way better than the likes of Koledov or Vasilevski at the very least..... I can see Yakimov left off because he is a younger guy but not Zlobin, no way. Take him over Kapustin any day of the week. He plays a clever game, I feel the team has a lot of speedsters and snipers but who is the premier playmaker? Zlobin is very good in that department and is responsible defensively as well.... I don't trust Slepyshev yet, I don't either, not going to be at the same form as the other guys.
I think Varnakov was talking about maturity of players and ability to adjust tactically and follow specific directions (like the Pros). 2 years makes a huge difference, and despite the skill set and size this defense his choices make sense. Someone like Koledov has that much more experience at a pro level following a specific game assignment, than someone who might be bigger and better but has trouble adjusting.. When the team is too young it'll be susceptible to crazy rollercoaster games like we saw last year with Canada. This year it should be more stable and the ability to hold a lead too.

Old
12-21-2012, 10:55 AM
Yakushev72

Quote:
Originally Posted by coursy17 View Post
Its two weeks later, but the NHL announced the cancellation of all games through January 14. The chance of an NHL mini-season is next to zero.

Yakushev72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
Dynamo81

Quote:
I think Varnakov was talking about maturity of players and ability to adjust tactically and follow specific directions (like the Pros).
This is a response in hindsight and I did agree with Varnakov's decisions in team selection so I agree with you and am not taking a shot at you. Too bad the players he selected did not need to use their maturity and ability to adjust tactically and follow specific directions being Varnakov is clueless

What a miserable display, Varnakov had no plan B and it seemed the 4 games these teams played in August showed Canada all of Russia's hands and prepared them, Russia learned nothing. The extra game with the Swiss could be a blessing in disguise.

Happy New Year All.

Last edited by Dynamo81: 12-31-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old
01-01-2013, 11:35 AM
malkinfan

For once the team defense and goaltending are exceptionally strong. I had some doubts on defense but after watching all of the games, all of the defenseman have been winning battles, not getting beat 1 on 1, breaking up plays, etc.. I had complained about Zadorov not being there, but I will take that back now.

The biggest problem is scoring. Not surprised, Yakupov has made little impact, and the team definitely needs him to do something if they are going to win any big games.
I don't like how Varnakov has the guys playing a dump and chase styled game either. Against the Canadians it looked like Russia was trying to copy their game and it backfired miserably.

Also, not a fan of Mozer, wish a guy like Yakimov or Zlobin was in his stead. BTW. Zlobin dcored 3g3a in a game a few days ago.