HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Who wants Jonathan Bernier?

Old
12-09-2012, 01:30 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

vCash: 500
Leafs but probably not for the price the kings would be looking for.

12-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Kessel for Bernier and Forbort.
Ummm....no thanks!!!

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 03:16 PM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
My spelling / grammer / typing isn't my strongest suit oviously Sometimes when i type my left hand types before my right my own version of dyslexic and i get mixed up letter Sorry for any confusion. In this case i knew i had a few different things to comment on and didn't reread it before posting. I will try and reread before posting
I would not worry about it . We all knew what you meant . I think some people on here look for mistakes . I guess they feel better about themselves if they are pointing out others mistakes . I have a policy ,when i am perfect i will point out other peoples mistakes .

supert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeBird View Post
Kessel for Bernier and Forbort.
I'm not sure your serious or not but I would turn this down if I was the Kings. The reason is not to diminish Kessels offensive talent but he imo doesn't have the defensive ability to play in the kings system. He would also have to beat out Williams and Carter who the kings are happy with as there top two right wingers. The kings or me as kings gm is sticking to a 1st and player for Bernier.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 05:51 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I would not worry about it . We all knew what you meant . I think some people on here look for mistakes . I guess they feel better about themselves if they are pointing out others mistakes . I have a policy ,when i am perfect i will point out other peoples mistakes .

Thanks and if you don't undstand me just ask what i mean and i'm more then happy to restate it useing another way of saying it. I honestly don't care about other peoples view on people picking on my typing.spelling grammer. This is the internet not english class something i left behind decades ago. Yes i can't agree more with your statement of people making themselves feel better so read and enjoy yourself estem boost lol.

Old
12-09-2012, 06:16 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
My spelling / grammer / typing isn't my strongest suit oviously Sometimes when i type my left hand types before my right my own version of dyslexic and i get mixed up letter Sorry for any confusion. In this case i knew i had a few different things to comment on and didn't reread it before posting. I will try and reread before posting
My good man, you have no reason to explain. To those who wish to point out mistakes as meaningless as spelling...please remember, the last perfect person to walk the earth got nailed to a cross.

Liferleafer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:36 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
My good man, you have no reason to explain. To those who wish to point out mistakes as meaningless as spelling...please remember, the last perfect person to walk the earth got nailed to a cross.
Again thanks i guess i should fess up to why i did respond it was near the bottom of the page and it helped bump the thread back to the top lol as i just did again

Old
12-09-2012, 07:40 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Bernier would be better suited elsewhere. The leafs are in no position to pay a first for someone who has comparible numbers to Reimer. Bernier should be considered to perhaps FLA, VAN (after Luongo is dealt) or even EDM. Leafs should be shopping for Kipper/Luongo

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealisticLeaf55 View Post
Bernier would be better suited elsewhere. The leafs are in no position to pay a first for someone who has comparible numbers to Reimer. Bernier should be considered to perhaps FLA, VAN (after Luongo is dealt) or even EDM. Leafs should be shopping for Kipper/Luongo
Imo your going to loose a frist for whoever you end up with. If it were me i would take a reimer /Bernier duo over a Loungo/reimer or scrivens Its alot cheaper and easier to walk away from bernier should he not work out. You get him as a rfa for proberly 3 years. With the extra space you can pursue the getlaf perry dream or whatever free agent u want. I don't see the flames giving up kipper as they think there a playoff team and not ready to rebuild. Again bernier hasnt had a shot at playing full time comparing there numbers is comparing apples to oranges. Regular work would have bernier putting up better numbers.

I ll agree with la looking at florida as a team to trade with. They have a ton of minor league talent so giving up there 1st may not be as big of a deal as the leafs. As for tradeing him to van or edmonton i think they dont want him in the conference at all so deal with them would have to be massive overpayments as i ve previously stated. Where i think bernier may go is philly as the kings and flyers have dealt with each each alot. This of course would only happen if the flyers buy out Ilya Bryzgalov.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:04 PM
RealisticLeaf55
Hurt a Smurf

Quote:
Imo your going to loose a frist for whoever you end up with. If it were me i would take a reimer /Bernier duo over a Loungo/reimer or scrivens Its alot cheaper and easier to walk away from bernier should he not work out. You get him as a rfa for proberly 3 years. With the extra space you can pursue the getlaf perry dream or whatever free agent u want. I don't see the flames giving up kipper as they think there a playoff team and not ready to rebuild. Again bernier hasnt had a shot at playing full time comparing there numbers is comparing apples to oranges. Regular work would have bernier putting up better numbers.

I ll agree with la looking at florida as a team to trade with. They have a ton of minor league talent so giving up there 1st may not be as big of a deal as the leafs. As for tradeing him to van or edmonton i think they dont want him in the conference at all so deal with them would have to be massive overpayments as i ve previously stated. Where i think bernier may go is philly as the kings and flyers have dealt with each each alot. This of course would only happen if the flyers buy out Ilya Bryzgalov.
Not entirely true. Bernier would be suitable with Philly considering the fact that their back-up goalie is Leighton...I think? and that man is only getting older. Bernier would be a considerable fit and would force Bryz to either shape up and play better or would give Bernier a chance to become a number 1 goalie for their organization

RealisticLeaf55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:15 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Not entirely true. Bernier would be suitable with Philly considering the fact that their back-up goalie is Leighton...I think? and that man is only getting older. Bernier would be a considerable fit and would force Bryz to either shape up and play better or would give Bernier a chance to become a number 1 goalie for their organization
Well I don't see the flyers paying the kings asking price to have him only backup Ilya Bryzgalov. They would only aquire him if they belive he can be the answer to there never ending goalie issue. Bernier wants and deserves imo a shot to be a number one goalie not a back up. Again he would be a cheaper option for at least 3 years would let the flyers go out and spend money elsewhere in there lineup

Old
12-09-2012, 08:25 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
I'm not sure your serious or not but I would turn this down if I was the Kings. The reason is not to diminish Kessels offensive talent but he imo doesn't have the defensive ability to play in the kings system. He would also have to beat out Williams and Carter who the kings are happy with as there top two right wingers. The kings or me as kings gm is sticking to a 1st and player for Bernier.
You'd be crazy not to do this trade. Even if Kessel didn't fit on your team , his value is far superior to what's going in the other direction. You could flip Kessel for a very generous return. It would be like a Leafs' fan turning down Dustin Brown if you offered him for Colborne and Komisarek because we have too many top-6 fowards and wouldn't want to break chemistry.

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:29 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You'd be crazy not to do this trade. Even if Kessel didn't fit on your team , his value is far superior to what's going in the other direction. You could flip Kessel for a very generous return..
Yeah that happens all the time in pro sports trading for someone just to turn around and trade them before they play a game for your team Also i think forbert is going to be a great defenseman when he make the nhl Hes sorta penciled in to replace mitchell in a few years.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
oilers would like him very much
Not if we had to give up anything of value. We already have a comparable guy who the team has committed to giving a shot.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:58 PM
zeus3007*

Quote:
These teams all have their young goalies, and not much need for Bernier. Oilers have Dubnyk, Panthers Markstrom and Vancouver has both Schneider and Lack. Columbus (if Mason doesn't bounce back and Bonrovsky doesn't grab the reigns), Calgary, and New Jersey seem like better options.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
These teams all have their young goalies, and not much need for Bernier. Oilers have Dubnyk, Panthers Markstrom and Vancouver has both Schneider and Lack. Columbus (if Mason doesn't bounce back and Bonrovsky doesn't grab the reigns), Calgary, and New Jersey seem like better options.
I don't see hedberg or broduer waving there ntc to move to let bernier on the team Therefore nj isnt a place for bernier Again i dont see him traded within the western confernce as they dont want to play him for the next decade.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:14 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Yeah that happens all the time in pro sports trading for someone just to turn around and trade them before they play a game for your team Also i think forbert is going to be a great defenseman when he make the nhl Hes sorta penciled in to replace mitchell in a few years.
You know what also dosn't happen often ... Giving up a first line all-star who's also the face of your team for 2 players who have proved next to nothing at the NHL level. One being an unproven goaltender who's played less than 50 games in the NHL and the other, a mediocore prospect who has yet to play a single NHL game

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:16 PM
Holden Caulfield
Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Has happened quite a few times with the Kings or ex-Kings that I can recall.

In 09 Kings sent 2nd round pick + Patrick O'Sullivan to Carolina for Justin Williams. Carolina then turns around and flips him to Edmonton in exchange for Erik Cole and a 2nd round pick.

In 04, Kings aquire C Radek Bonk from Ottawa in exchange for a 3rd round pick. They then turn around and ship him with Cristobal Huet to Montreal in exchange for Mathieu Garon and a 3rd round pick.

Both of those were same day trades.

Here's an interesting one. In 2006 the Hurricanes sent C Eric Belanger to Predators in exchange for C Josef Vasicek. He flys to Nashville, meets the team, gets ready to play. The next day he is shipped to Atlanta for Vitaly Vishnevski.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:22 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
You know what also dosn't happen often ... Giving up a first line all-star who's also the face of your team for 2 players who have proved next to nothing at the NHL level. One being an unproven goaltender who's played less than 50 games in the NHL and the other, a mediocore prospect who has yet to play a single NHL game
lol got me there Simply put in my opinion its wasnt not a serious offer. Also i wouldnt not tradeing a potential top 2 defenseman for someone that doesnt fit in the team makes no sence. The kings need forbert more then they need Kessel if kessel was a lw maybe different answer but hes not. I don't see how this doesn't make sence Any other king fan out there have a view on this

Old
12-09-2012, 09:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
Has happened quite a few times with the Kings or ex-Kings that I can recall.

In 09 Kings sent 2nd round pick + Patrick O'Sullivan to Carolina for Justin Williams. Carolina then turns around and flips him to Edmonton in exchange for Erik Cole and a 2nd round pick.

In 04, Kings aquire C Radek Bonk from Ottawa in exchange for a 3rd round pick. They then turn around and ship him with Cristobal Huet to Montreal in exchange for Mathieu Garon and a 3rd round pick.

Both of those were same day trades.

Here's an interesting one. In 2006 the Hurricanes sent C Eric Belanger to Predators in exchange for C Josef Vasicek. He flys to Nashville, meets the team, gets ready to play. The next day he is shipped to Atlanta for Vitaly Vishnevski.
well i didnt say it never happened but congrates on remembering the few times it has. Btw bonk trade was a few days later not the same day i think. 3 times out of 100s of trades

Old
12-09-2012, 09:44 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
well i didnt say it never happened but congrates on remembering the few times it has. Btw bonk trade was a few days later not the same day i think. 3 times out of 100s of trades
It actually used to happen all the time. I can give you dozens of examples but a favorite of mine is Dean Kennedy from the Kings who was literally lent to the Rangers the day of a game and then dealt back to the Kings right after. He later suffered a concussion and ended up playing for Buffalo (then wpg but that isn't the same).

Used to happen allot more than it does today but it still happens often enough to hot be considered entirely anomalous.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 09:49 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
It actually used to happen all the time. I can give you dozens of examples but a favorite of mine is Dean Kennedy from the Kings who was literally lent to the Rangers the day of a game and then dealt back to the Kings right after. He later suffered a concussion and ended up playing for Buffalo (then wpg but that isn't the same).

Used to happen allot more than it does today but it still happens often enough to hot be considered entirely anomalous.
Fair enuf but would u make that kessel trade tg?No offense to kennedy but when was the last time a "allstar" like kessel was traded twice in the same day

Last edited by KingCanadain1976: 12-09-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: wanted to add to it
Old
12-09-2012, 10:31 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I think you are dead on regarding your thoughts on the deal.

I guess it could be compared to a sign and trade situation in a way but there are fair points to be made either way you look at it.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:37 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I think you are dead on regarding your thoughts on the deal.

I guess it could be compared to a sign and trade situation in a way but there are fair points to be made either way you look at it.
Ty like i said value wise yeah it would be in the kings favour and if he played lw winger i'd seriously consider it . kessel doesnt fit as a king His play is to weak in the defensive area to replace williams or carter. Also i like forbert to replace mitchel when needed.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
FreeBird
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Ummm....no thanks!!!
Why are the Leafs getting too much back. The last time the Leafs made the playoffs they had a NHL Goaltender in the net, it seems they would rather watch Kessel float around the rink than play any playoff games. Brian Burke has never figured out the Goal Tending position nor have their fans. The only time Burke won any thing is when he inherited a Goal Tender (Giguere) but never one who he has drafted or signed.

FreeBird is offline   Reply With Quote