HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kings - Maple Leafs

Old
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liferleafer View Post
Ditto...he is a goid skater for that line as well. Makes Bozak moveable and i just don"t see were Ashton fits with our glut of NHL wingers.

Man...this is the easiest deal we've ever done on HF!!
I totally agree now if we can get the players and owners to agree so we can make this deal. This seems rare to have two fan bases agree so quickly on a deal.

KingCanadain1976 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Ditto...he is a goid skater for that line as well. Makes Bozak moveable and i just don"t see were Ashton fits with our glut of NHL wingers.

Man...this is the easiest deal we've ever done on HF!!
Thereby ensuring that can never happen in the real world.

Dare to dream....

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
I totally agree now if we can get the players and owners to agree so we can make this deal. This seems rare to have two fan bases agree so quickly on a deal.
Lol...maybe we should start insulting each other.

Liferleafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:39 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Another thought on the possibility of this type o deal would be that it compliments both teams systems when they each have enough depth at any position that they can afford to consider making a deal that would involve two NHL caliber prospects.

Not a perfect thought but some merit.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:42 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Lol...maybe we should start insulting each other.
lol or we can discuss bernier for a 1st and frattin that usually gets each side in a arguing mood lol

Old
12-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Another thought on the possibility of this type o deal would be that it compliments both teams systems when they each have enough depth at any position that they can afford to consider making a deal that would involve two NHL caliber prospects.

Not a perfect thought but some merit.
Yup...i gotta tell you, i really like this deal. I wish it could happen. It seems like both guys would get a shot that otherwise they may not.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
lol or we can discuss bernier for a 1st and frattin that usually gets each side in a arguing mood lol
Aawww...and i was feeling all nice and fuzzy.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Aawww...and i was feeling all nice and fuzzy.
lol can't blame me for trying lol

Old
12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
I like Bernier, but if we can't land a vet, i would just as soon keep the assets and run Reimer.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:58 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I like Bernier, but if we can't land a vet, i would just as soon keep the assets and run Reimer.
My way you can keep both reimer and some of the assets Either way your going to lose your frist Its a matter of wheather you want frattin or whatever the plus is in the vancouver trade which i would think is more valueable. Also i would think having bernier would be cheaper for u as he is rfa and with the cap coming down and rfa seasons going up I'm also willing to make sure its not a top 9 pick not something van is willing to do. A reimer bernier system to me seems like a great idea maybe Riemer picks up some of Bernier s calmness while the two fight it out for number one spot but im sure there are reasons to pick of loungo and his huge 10 year contract

Old
12-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Leafs For Life*
Nothing

Quote:
Just wondering, did you actually misspell Canadian in your username, or is it King Canada in 1976, and what was in 76? Your birth?

Leafs For Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaffan16 View Post
Just wondering, did you actually misspell Canadian in your username, or is it King Canada in 1976, and what was in 76? Your birth?

well it was my delexic typing that reversed the i and a but i am a kings fan thats Canadian since 1976 that where i got KingCanadain76 wanted to be sure to make it known i was a fan before 99

Old
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM
bobg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMJHLfollower View Post
to Los Angeles:

Jesse Blacker, D

To Toronto:

Andrei Loktionov, C
What makes him so attractive to fans?

bobg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobg1 View Post
What makes him so attractive to fans?
I assume you refering to lotki he is a young two way center with alot of offensive upside. Hes just stuck behind kopitar richard stoll carter etc. no room for him. He will easily be a 50 point center playing against top lines.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:34 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Loktionov is a potential second line center. He is sort of built for that role as he isn't dominant enough to be a #1 and he isn't really gritty enough to be a bottom 6 player. He is a great skater and very shifty. He has a lot of agility and extremely good hands. He adeptly stickhandles and seems to be able to find hidden passes.

He is known as a playmaker mostly, but has a little bit of a scoring touch, but should be known as an assist machine mostly as his career progresses in the NHL. He is very good at puck possession and battling along the boards.

However, his number one drawback is he is a little undersized and he isn't very physical. He hustles and is good on turnovers though and plays a very skilled game with an active stick, which is his defensive asset.

His future with the Kings was over the moment we acquired Mike Richards. With Richards, Kopitar, and now Stoll's contract extension, he has no where to go whatsoever. We also have multiple prospects, Andreoff and Shore, that a fully capable of filling bottom 6 center roles in the future, so he is the odd duck out. The Kings will be looking to unload him and Bernier as soon as another season gets underway.

Hickey may come soon as well, but it depends on contracts and such. He has been NHL ready for a while and Lombardi puts a high price on his character regardless if his ability blossoms at the NHL level. Depends on how the roster shapes up going forward as he can fill a lower role immediately, and he is insurance if we lose Voynov.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:47 AM
Kyle Doobas
#groovystats

vCash: 1170
As a Leaf fan I'd love to pick up Loktionov. I know Randy Carlyle prefers more of a top six/bottom six team, but I think it'd be interesting to keep matching MacArthur/Grabovski/Kulemin against the opposition's best lines (which they've done fairly well over the past couple of seasons) and have a more sheltered third line of Loktionov at center with maybe Kadri and Frattin on his wings. Could be a fun, young scoring line to watch.

I like Ashton's game a lot and don't especially want to give him up but if he fits the Kings needs, that's a pretty good deal for both teams IMO.

Kyle Doobas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:52 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Loktionov is a potential second line center. He is sort of built for that role as he isn't dominant enough to be a #1 and he isn't really gritty enough to be a bottom 6 player. He is a great skater and very shifty. He has a lot of agility and extremely good hands. He adeptly stickhandles and seems to be able to find hidden passes.

He is known as a playmaker mostly, but has a little bit of a scoring touch, but should be known as an assist machine mostly as his career progresses in the NHL. He is very good at puck possession and battling along the boards.

However, his number one drawback is he is a little undersized and he isn't very physical. He hustles and is good on turnovers though and plays a very skilled game with an active stick, which is his defensive asset.

His future with the Kings was over the moment we acquired Mike Richards. With Richards, Kopitar, and now Stoll's contract extension, he has no where to go whatsoever. We also have multiple prospects, Andreoff and Shore, that a fully capable of filling bottom 6 center roles in the future, so he is the odd duck out. The Kings will be looking to unload him and Bernier as soon as another season gets underway.

Hickey may come soon as well, but it depends on contracts and such. He has been NHL ready for a while and Lombardi puts a high price on his character regardless if his ability blossoms at the NHL level. Depends on how the roster shapes up going forward as he can fill a lower role immediately, and he is insurance if we lose Voynov.

great minds think alike i dyess telos (we seem to have the same opinion on loki. this is what i said earlier)

"One is a scoring/talented young center who has proven that h can play at the NHL level but needs time and a little more O system to continue his growth into a top 6 er (I see AL as a second line center with really nice hands)"

nice vid post too

Old
12-10-2012, 01:14 AM
Choralone

vCash: 100
Fun fact, Windsor Spitfire fans nicknamed Loktionov "Jimmy Neutron" because of his hockey smarts.

Choralone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
I hope for Lotkionov's sake that LA moves him to somewhere that has room to give him a shot, been a fan for a while and think he could be a pretty good 2C.

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:34 AM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

vCash: 157
Would love to move one of our wingers from the Stars for him. Not that he's really a need anymore, but would still be nice.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:01 AM
seanlinden

Quote:
not a leaf fan but he can replace bozak when you use him to get loungo
No, he really can't. Tyler Bozak is the team's #1 centre, and the only thing worse than having him there, would be having a russian with less than 60 games NHL experience and 14 nhl points there.

If we're trading Bozak to get Luongo, it's because we have a better centre lined up. Loktionov certainly isn't that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Podium View Post
AHL... C dont know what your asking. I the lineup we can have him on the third line, or replace Bozak, or use him as a trading chip. Why have W prospects when were set for a while on W?
Him playing in the AHL is the exact reason why the Kings would trade him. The guy is ready for the NHL, and you're not going to get any value out of him by continuing to play him in the AHL. The team that values him the highest is going to be one that intends to use him as an NHL player.... and that isn't Toronto.

He's not a checking line player, so there's no point in him displacing a McClement/Lombardi/Connolly on the 3rd line.

Why have the W prospects? 3 reasons. Ashton is younger, so he doesn't need to play in the NHL as much as Loktionov. Second, Ashton would be a valuable injury callup, where we have 6 centres in the NHL lineup already. Third, any time a player is traded, his value drops, simply because there's one more team that won't be interested and it creates a seed of doubt if a GM trades a player right after trading for him. You don't trade for a player hoping to use him as trade bait soon after.

seanlinden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:53 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Mrs Doubtfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post
No, he really can't. Tyler Bozak is the team's #1 centre, and the only thing worse than having him there, would be having a russian with less than 60 games NHL experience and 14 nhl points there.

If we're trading Bozak to get Luongo, it's because we have a better centre lined up. Loktionov certainly isn't that.

Him playing in the AHL is the exact reason why the Kings would trade him. The guy is ready for the NHL, and you're not going to get any value out of him by continuing to play him in the AHL. The team that values him the highest is going to be one that intends to use him as an NHL player.... and that isn't Toronto.

He's not a checking line player, so there's no point in him displacing a McClement/Lombardi/Connolly on the 3rd line.

Why have the W prospects? 3 reasons. Ashton is younger, so he doesn't need to play in the NHL as much as Loktionov. Second, Ashton would be a valuable injury callup, where we have 6 centres in the NHL lineup already. Third, any time a player is traded, his value drops, simply because there's one more team that won't be interested and it creates a seed of doubt if a GM trades a player right after trading for him. You don't trade for a player hoping to use him as trade bait soon after.
Sometimes i don't get you. Bozak may be traded, if not he is UFA next season. Both Lombardi and Connolly are gone next year. That leaves Grabo,Steckel and McClement out of your list of 6. Ashton won't be up due to our glut of wingers and if you have ever watched Lokti...he has good offensive skills and is very reliable on defense. There is zero downside to this deal as we need better young centers.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:44 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

vCash: 657
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanlinden View Post

There are no checking line C's anymore, if you don't have a strong offensive 3rd line then your not a competitive team. The age difference is a single year, hardly enough to make a difference. There is a thing called trading from a position of stregnth to fill a position of weakness and as of right now we sorely need C's both on the team and in the prospect pool. Lokitonov is solid defensively, he can anchor a 3rd line, or be placed between Lupul and Kessel as a means to reduce the GA even if he doesn't produce offensively there are plenty of places he can be used, and our lineup definitely shouldn't hinder this deal... If finding him a spot is so difficult, explain to me where Ashton will play in the future, and if you do find a spot, explain what he brings that Biggs or Ross or Frattin can't.

The Podium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
gabeliscious

i think burke would be all over that. id move blacker or ashton, im indifferent. leafs need more center prospects with upside. if kings would be happy with ashton then game on. realistically ashton will have a tough time making the leafs with the amount of wingers we have right now

gabeliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Can definitely see the exchange happening, one of the rare ones where both fan bases agree.