HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (March 12)

Closed Thread

Old
12-08-2012, 02:40 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

vCash: 500
Bifrost is a terrible map. The natural is a 1 forcefield wide choke. PvZ completely broken... So I lose fantasy points.

Now the crazy mass destructible rocks map, Arkanoid, coming up. They all break after 20 minutes but until then, the players choose which rocks to break to determine their own paths around the map.

Arkanoid TvT was actually pretty cool.

Last edited by yakitate304: 12-08-2012 at 03:17 AM.
Old
12-09-2012, 11:40 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Aura View Post
Yeah man **** blizzard. Keeping the silver players down.
I maybe be only in low diamond, but these new HoTS changes are pretty terrible. I understand that Zerg needs a nerf, but you could have nerfed them someway other than just making major nerf to infestors while buffing useless units like hydras and make them necessity because of the nerf to infestors.

Last edited by LSnow: 12-09-2012 at 11:48 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 11:44 PM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSnow View Post
I maybe only low diamond, but these new HoTS changes are pretty terrible. I understand that Zerg needs a nerf, but you could have nerfed them someway other than just making major nerf to infestors while buffing useless units like hydras and make them necessity because of the nerf to infestors.
So if you want your 9 range back how about not letting fungal root. I'm all for that. The micro needed for an infestor is half of which needed for a Ghost or HT.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:52 PM
LSnow

Quote:
So if you want your 9 range back how about not letting fungal root. I'm all for that. The micro needed for an infestor is half of which needed for a Ghost or HT.
I dont think any of them needs any sort of special micro, but i could live with fungal nerf if they fix neural parasite and keep IT as they were. And while ultra got a nerf/buff i rather would have kept the burrow charge than the dmg buff, it is more important to get them to melee range than them dmg the units.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Augscura

Quote:
I dont think any of them needs any sort of special micro, but i could live with fungal nerf if they fix neural parasite and keep IT as they were.
This is why you're low diamond.

IT's were free units that benefited from upgrades which was retarded. If that's the case interceptors shouldn't cost money.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:08 AM
LSnow

Quote:
This is why you're low diamond.

IT's were free units that benefited from upgrades which was retarded. If that's the case interceptors shouldn't cost money.
I am low diamond because i am a bad player not because of HT or ghosts being super hard to micro. But nerf one or the other IT or fungal or buff NP which i would prefer because it would make game more fun, but people crying when they make mass tier 1 units and losing to hive tech and think its a great change is not good in my eyes. But Of course they try to keep it as balanced as they can for the pro players, but that leads to some weird balance changes in the lower levels.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:23 AM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No point in *****ing about/getting upset at the beta, that's the point of the beta, just try stuff out and see how it works and how players deal with it.

I think blizzard wants to slowly reduce the role of the infestor and open up the game for zerg players. Right now the infestor is 'all they have', that's not how the game is supposed to be. So nerf it in the beta so it sucks and start buffing everything else.

From my brief HotS playing I find that I like the viper way more than the infestor. Blinding cloud is such a sick spell. The infestor isn't going anywhere, I just think it's roll will be important midgame and go into the late game as a small role support caster with the viper taking over late game. If you have the multitasking to handle it, fungal+blinding cloud+ultra/ling/bane is unreal. Throw in abduction against high cost units and zergs will be rolling.

And you can complain about the viper being hive tech, but that doesn't really matter since lots of zergs get hive at the 12min mark.

I really hope the keep the medivac reactor/boost in the game, but they should put the upgrade as fusion core tech.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:42 AM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

The TvZ matches in NASL the last two days showed the positive effects of the Infestor range nerf. Zerg was still winning a good amount but they had to be more cautious with their Infestors when it came to Fungaling Marines near a Siege Tank line. With 9 range, insta-cast it didn't give bio units much of a leash to move away from their Tanks unless they were pre-spread, because as soon as you see an Infestor on the screen, you were caught in a green glob.

It's also interesting to see players reverting to Muta/Ling/Bane early games because they know that Terrans are specifically trying to hit the timing when Zergs have Infestors and Hive tech, but no Brood Lords out yet. Terrans got so good at defending Muta/Ling/Bane but now it's quite effective again because of the drastic shift in the metagame.

I've also been seeing more Muta play in my TvZ's on ladder, down in the slums of gold league.

-------

NASL spoilers:

Spoil:
Excited that HerO won, and that Polt took 3rd.

------

Also, side note... Parting's famous Immortal/Sentry all-in is something I was doing back in 2011 when I switched from Z to P for 2 months. Obviously he's a bit better at it than I was. :X

Old
12-10-2012, 02:09 PM
StringerBell

Is this a normal occurrence?

Old
12-10-2012, 03:58 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

That was from a 55 minute long (in-game minutes) 6 person FFA on the 2v2 map Tempest. It had Hyun (giving massage), Golden (receiving massage), Taeja, DeMuslim, Rotterdam and Gretorp playing... Really funny, hopefully there is a VOD soon.

-----

In other news, Complexity's goswser (GosuUser) took first place in his Iron Squid group, over MMA, Genius and Nerchio... Today, he joined Millennium.

And EG bolstered their Korean lineup by signing Revival, formerly of TSL. Good pickup. Now the EG-TL team should be:

Z: Stephano, Revival, Jaedong, Zenio, IdrA
T: Taeja, Sea, PuMa, ThorZain
P: HerO, JYP, HuK

I'd like to see EG or Liquid sign another Korean Protoss, because between the two teams, HerO is the only good player relative to the Korean pro circuit.

They could also use another Terran because ThorZain is too slow mechanically to make a splash in the Proleague, PuMa is somewhat of a one-build wonder, and Sea hasn't really shown much yet.

IdrA is actually useful in the context of Proleague because his ZvZ is very high level, and they can use him to snipe Zergs on the weeks when they do the all-kill format.

Last edited by yakitate304: 12-10-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 06:16 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakitate304 View Post
The TvZ matches in NASL the last two days showed the positive effects of the Infestor range nerf. Zerg was still winning a good amount but they had to be more cautious with their Infestors when it came to Fungaling Marines near a Siege Tank line. With 9 range, insta-cast it didn't give bio units much of a leash to move away from their Tanks unless they were pre-spread, because as soon as you see an Infestor on the screen, you were caught in a green glob.

It's also interesting to see players reverting to Muta/Ling/Bane early games because they know that Terrans are specifically trying to hit the timing when Zergs have Infestors and Hive tech, but no Brood Lords out yet. Terrans got so good at defending Muta/Ling/Bane but now it's quite effective again because of the drastic shift in the metagame.

I've also been seeing more Muta play in my TvZ's on ladder, down in the slums of gold league.

-------

NASL spoilers:

Spoil:
Excited that HerO won, and that Polt took 3rd.

------

Also, side note... Parting's famous Immortal/Sentry all-in is something I was doing back in 2011 when I switched from Z to P for 2 months. Obviously he's a bit better at it than I was. :X
I couldn't watch it, the stream was so slow and choppy.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:39 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

I bought NASL in season 1, wanting to show support to the North American scene when it wasn't really solidified that IPL and MLG would put on such big events. With InControl and a very green Gretorp casting, I thought it was a bad purchase and didn't buy NASL again... But this past season was incredible from a production standpoint. They added in so much content and I don't think there has ever been a Final weekend with so little downtime on stream.

Day[9]'s involvement as a post-match analyst rather than a caster was a great choice because I feel that he tends to dominate casts and doesn't have great chemistry with anyone. The post-match segment where Soe feeds him strategy questions is a great use of their personalities. Soe is attractive, has passion for the scene, and is at least fairly knowledgeable about the game to the extent that she can ask good open-ended questions on the fly without sounding like she's reading words she doesn't understand from a prompter. And Day[9] is always at his best when he can break down the metagame and strategic decisions. Her SC2-related art segments "Soe's Corner" were pretty interesting as well.

Having Soe around also meant that their decision to hire the Playboy model Lauren Elise as a personality was more acceptable. Her "Fierce Fitness" segments with Frodan have been really funny and tongue in cheek, but also probably beneficial for a significant portion of the SC2 community.

"NASL Classics With Day9" was another nice feature.

I'll certainly be buying Season 5. If for no other reason than Chance the dog.

Old
12-12-2012, 12:43 PM
LSnow

Yeaaa, after watching TvZ matches these changes are even worse than i thought. Probably the worst one is combining air and ground mech upgrades. Playing terran now requires even less effort. YaY!!

Old
12-12-2012, 06:29 PM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

New Patch for HotS:
Quote:
Terran

Medivac
Caduceus Reactor: The Medivac’s healing beam now changes color once the Caduceus Reactor upgrade is complete.

Widow Mine
Unburrowed Widow Mine attack priority decreased to 19, down from 20.
Burrowed Widow Mine attack priority remains unchanged.

Armory
Vehicle and Ship Weapon upgrades are once again separate.
Vehicle and Ship Plating upgrades are still combined.

Protoss

Oracle
Pulsar Beam Pulsar Beam activation now costs 25 energy.
While active, Pulsar Beam now drains 2 energy per second, down from 4.

Tempest
Kinetic Overload weapon damage vs. Massive increased from 30 to 50.

Dark Shrine
Dark shrine cost increased from 100/100 to 150/150.

Zerg

Mutalisk
New passive ability: Mutalisk Regeneration. Mutalisk health regeneration rate increased from .2734 to 1.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:36 PM
Dave
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I like the oracle change the and tempest buff. Love the muta buff.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Firestorm

I thought the FFA at the NASL Grand Finals was pretty fun to watch.

Old
12-12-2012, 08:44 PM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
I like the oracle change the and tempest buff. Love the muta buff.
These muta changes are good for ZvZ and ZvT. Abysmal for PvZ.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:03 PM
The K Man

Are the Widow Mines as annoying as they look? Been watching some HotS videos and they look really OP, especially against Zerg.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Augscura

Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
Are the Widow Mines as annoying as they look? Been watching some HotS videos and they look really OP, especially against Zerg.
They aren't as OP as everyone says they are but they are definitely annoying as ****.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:05 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by The K Man View Post
they are definitely as OP as they look, they completely shut down scouting, mineral harrass, proper expanding....heck, even moving out of your own base requires constant detection

stupidest unit in SC2 thus far

Old
12-13-2012, 12:36 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Quote:
Yeaaa, after watching TvZ matches these changes are even worse than i thought. Probably the worst one is combining air and ground mech upgrades. Playing terran now requires even less effort. YaY!!
You realize that Terran is the most mechanically demanding and least forgiving race to control, right?

Old
12-13-2012, 12:59 PM
LSnow

Quote:
You realize that Terran is the most mechanically demanding and least forgiving race to control, right?
Probably at the highest levels, but its also the easiest race to start with and get somewhat good for a regular ladder player.

Old
12-16-2012, 01:27 PM
yakitate304
Crunch Time

Streaming Terran now:

www.twitch.tv/yakisc

Old
12-16-2012, 01:47 PM
LSnow

Quote:
Streaming Terran now:

www.twitch.tv/yakisc
What rank?

Ahh gold..

Last edited by LSnow: 12-16-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old
12-16-2012, 02:03 PM
LSnow

I am not a good player, but that zörg was turrible.

Closed Thread