HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company 360 GM League Discussion/Signup Thread PT 6: UPDATED RULES

Old
12-10-2012, 12:33 AM
MiLLw00d

vCash: 500
Pushing right thumb stick up on faceoff will tie people up... won't do it anymore.

MiLLw00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:42 AM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
are officially on "Watch" (not sure how else to put it).

Over the past few months i've been hearing a lot of complaints about him constantly tying up people off of faceoffs to the point where it creates an extremely unfair advantage in game.

I've messaged him so he knows whats going on but if anyone else sees Vancouver constantly tying people up off of faceoffs dont hesitate to let me know. In my eyes its just as much a "glitch" as the Price and Stockey moves and it will be handled accordingly.
For every faceoff theres a counter faceoff...depending on body positioning you can tell which way the Center will win his faceoff...unless the faceoff attribute of that player is a lot higher of ur player u can counter any faceoff

to counter the tie up, you gotta win it forehand..having better faceoffs helps obviously...or tie him back up and than its a battle of strength attribute

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:58 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Toews is the best Faceoff man in the game. He's had the best Faceoff % in the NHL 2 years in a row by a good 5%.

When he gets tied up, regardless of his positioning, he loses. He went 1 for 7 on draws vs Vancouver. I don't mind losing faceoffs but getting slaughtered every time I play someone doing one specific move is nonsense. It's been going on for two seasons now and it's stopping tonight.

It's too overpowered and I'm banning it from my league. Already talked to Millw00d about it and he's agreed to stop. No other GM is allowed to do it.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:30 AM
slightlystewpid420

http://theahl.com/stats/statdisplay....pe=top_scorers

Oh, Benini, look whose above nino
Quote:
Top Scorers GP G A Pts PIM
1Justin Schultz Oklahoma City Barons 22 11 21 32 6
2Jordan Eberle Oklahoma City Barons 22 14 16 30 6
3Tim Kennedy Worcester Sharks 23 12 14 26 12
4Brayden Schenn A Phantoms 23 11 15 26 7
5Tyler Johnson Syracuse Crunch 23 15 10 25 16
6Cam Atkinson Springfield Falcons 22 13 12 25 10
7Audy-Marchessault Springfield Falcons 22 7 18 25 26
8Alexandre Bolduc Portland Pirates 22 12 12 24 39
9Nino Niederreiter Sound Tigers 23 11 13 24 20
And whose above the first overall pick in his same draft year...     
42Ryan Johansen Springfield Falcons 22 8 10 18 6
60Taylor Hall Oklahoma City Barons 14 5 12 17 20

Last edited by slightlystewpid420: 12-10-2012 at 02:53 AM.
slightlystewpid420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:47 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
EDIT: oops wrong thread..

See Mike Richards on the block here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=585

SUBdrewgANS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:02 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Additional Bluth Company Rules: Effective Immediately

1) Franchise Player Rule:

There have been 27 Superstar caliber players moved in just two seasons in the Bluth Company. This is both highly unrealistic and removes the identity of many NHL teams. The Franchise Player Rule states that any trade involving a Franchise Player will only be approved by the Commissioner if I deem the value to be a significant enough of an overpayment to justify the trade.

Backup Goalie Rule:

Effective immediately, All teams are required to start their backup goalie atleast 10 Games in the regular season. EA didn't take goalie fatigue into the equation and as it is now, its extremely easy to have your goalie start 82 games without consequence. Goalies can be put in during double advances or be used in actual games.

Failure to do this will cost a GM a 2nd round pick in the next draft.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

so we could start our back up for the 1st 10 games and then play our starter for the rest of them?

To be more realistic (though i wouldnt know how to monitor this) it should be to play your back up once every or every other block or something like that..

On another note.. how many blocks are there total in the season? if you know off hand.. so we could better schedule our backups playing time.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:19 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Toews is the best Faceoff man in the game. He's had the best Faceoff % in the NHL 2 years in a row by a good 5%.

When he gets tied up, regardless of his positioning, he loses. He went 1 for 7 on draws vs Vancouver. I don't mind losing faceoffs but getting slaughtered every time I play someone doing one specific move is nonsense. It's been going on for two seasons now and it's stopping tonight.

It's too overpowered and I'm banning it from my league. Already talked to Millw00d about it and he's agreed to stop. No other GM is allowed to do it.
I know which one ur talking about Fuss, it's the one that freezes ur whole team and gives him an immediate breakaway.. It is extremely frustrating when it happens, and can be considered a glitch since it shouldn't lead to a breakaway everytime. However when I play I use diversity and I win face offs according to how my opponents attempt to win them. The tie up should be allowed if used with diversity and if not used to go on a breakaway immedietly. If he ties u up(hopefully not EVERY single time) and passes back to the defense I honestly feel its fair game! It's when a breakaway gets created from it that bothers me + it's HIGHLY unrealistic.

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:23 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
so we could start our back up for the 1st 10 games and then play our starter for the rest of them?

To be more realistic (though i wouldnt know how to monitor this) it should be to play your back up once every or every other block or something like that..

On another note.. how many blocks are there total in the season? if you know off hand.. so we could better schedule our backups playing time.
Lets just say on average there are 6 games in every block. 82/6=13.6

Including double advances there are atleast 13 blocks in a season.

Making sure every team starts their backup once every block would be a pain to monitor. Incredibly annoying for myself and for you guys. Yes, technically you can just have your goalie start the next 10 games of the season. I'm fine with that. its more realistic than a goalie getting 75+ starts every season.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:24 AM
Gary83*

NJ must be glitching faceoffs as he crushed me in them last night.

Or maybe I just suck.

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
I know which one ur talking about Fuss, it's the one that freezes ur whole team and gives him an immediate breakaway.. It is extremely frustrating when it happens, and can be considered a glitch since it shouldn't lead to a breakaway everytime. However when I play I use diversity and I win face offs according to how my opponents attempt to win them. The tie up should be allowed if used with diversity and if not used to go on a breakaway immedietly. If he ties u up(hopefully not EVERY single time) and passes back to the defense I honestly feel its fair game! It's when a breakaway gets created from it that bothers me + it's HIGHLY unrealistic.
This.. I ****ing hate that glitch face off.. I know that I brought it up before saying you cant defend against it and it was just discarded (by the person doing it) by saying it IS defendable.. I know who does it and I know when it's coming, so I also try to tie up on the faceoff when I know it's going to happen, and even when i lose it for some reason wont let me switch my player to a defender right away.. and then when it does I am no longer prepared for it and my defender is caught flatfooted. Annoying as hell.

Also people do this faceoff move, get a semi breakaway and do the backhand forehand deke to score.. it's a double whammy of unbearable gliches.

I dont know how anyone finds those plays any fun when it works every god damn time.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:36 AM
Price 89

Hey guys, I'll be PMing my opponents for the rest of my games on the block but for the teams that face me from NEXT ADVANCE until WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 19TH play my cpu. This is for the

Once again Fuss ill be pming my opponents for this block, this is just for future teams

My reason is for school, i got 4 exams until the 19th and want to give it my all.

Thanks for understanding and can't wait to get back into it on the 20th!

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:51 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
So to be clear we can still tie up and leave the puck for wingers to fight over right? It's just that weird one where you tie up but also somehow deke and your center gets a breakaway that is banned correct? I don't even know how to do the latter

I use the regular tie up every once in a while (not too often, but variety is the spice of life!)

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:56 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
So to be clear we can still tie up and leave the puck for wingers to fight over right? It's just that weird one where you tie up but also somehow deke and your center gets a breakaway that is banned correct? I don't even know how to do the latter

I use the regular tie up every once in a while (not too often, but variety is the spice of life!)
the one I am thinking of is the tie up, pass to right to winger.. Winger blows right pass the defender.. Semi breakaway.. Deke and Score

Old
12-10-2012, 08:57 AM
dbridge
Bluth Lockout 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post

I feel the exact same way. I don't even know how to tie it up to cause an automatic breakaway, yet I will use a tie-up on occasion to change up the game plan.

dbridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
the one I am thinking of is the tie up, pass to right to winger.. Winger blows right pass the defender.. Semi breakaway.. Deke and Score
In my experience, this only ever happens at the center-ice faceoff circle, right?

So perhaps a reasonable compromise, at least on this point, would be to ban it entirely here, and then allow for tie-ups (with moderation) elsewhere on the ice?

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:04 AM
stevezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
In my experience, this only ever happens at the center-ice faceoff circle, right?

So perhaps a reasonable compromise, at least on this point, would be to ban it entirely here, and then allow for tie-ups (with moderation) elsewhere on the ice?
Ya the breakaway is only caused when its a center ice faceoff!

Old
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Banned at center ice. Excessive use elsewhere is just as glitchy as the Stockey and Price goals and won't be tolerated.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

Not a fan of the backup goalie needing 10 games. As a Devils fan I've seen back-ups play just 5 or 6 per season.

Not a huge problem for me though, Jonas Enroth as 84 overall is a great option regardless.

Chessarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:49 AM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
6'3 74 overall 3 gold star Chet Pickard could use the development time

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:51 AM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

So a tie up is banned at center ice in any form? What if I tied up and passed to the defender?

Just Curious

Old
12-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessarmy View Post
Not a fan of the backup goalie needing 10 games. As a Devils fan I've seen back-ups play just 5 or 6 per season.

Not a huge problem for me though, Jonas Enroth as 84 overall is a great option regardless.
Brodeur is an exception, but even he only had 77+ starts like three times in his long career.

Most of the time, 70 starts is a really full season for a starter. That's 12 games for the backup.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:13 AM
stevezz

Quote:
So a tie up is banned at center ice in any form? What if I tied up and passed to the defender?

Just Curious
I think this should be allowed if its passed to the defender and used with diversity! There is a way to counter it, so its not glitchy in that sense... It's only glitchy in my eyes when a breakaway comes directly from it.

Just my opinion though!

Old
12-10-2012, 11:33 AM
HaroldDruken

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
I think this should be allowed if its passed to the defender and used with diversity! There is a way to counter it, so its not glitchy in that sense... It's only glitchy in my eyes when a breakaway comes directly from it.

Just my opinion though!
It's still glitchy to tie up on every Faceoff, regardless of which of your players picks up the puck. It gives people an unfair advantage in puck possession right off the start. It's also very difficult to defend against when those who are doing it have been doing it for 2+ seasons in Bluth and are now VERY good at it.

Tie ups happen in real life, especially in north american hockey so its obviously a part of the game. International hockey has banned winning a Faceoff with your feet so it is being addressed somewhat in real life as well.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaroldDruken View Post
It's still glitchy to tie up on every Faceoff, regardless of which of your players picks up the puck. It gives people an unfair advantage in puck possession right off the start. It's also very difficult to defend against when those who are doing it have been doing it for 2+ seasons in Bluth and are now VERY good at it.

Tie ups happen in real life, especially in north american hockey so its obviously a part of the game. International hockey has banned winning a Faceoff with your feet so it is being addressed somewhat in real life as well.
i dont mind in the game, but if they bring that to the nhl its just dumb.

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote