HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > QMJHL

How many games does Huberdeau deserve?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-09-2012, 07:06 PM
  #1
Claude The Fraud
Win at any cost
 
Claude The Fraud's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Rimouski
Country: Canada
Posts: 95
vCash: 500
How many games does Huberdeau deserve?

http://tvasports.ca/tvasports/hockey...09-190909.html

Honestly, he didn't do anything I've never seen before, but that doesn't mean it's ok tough.

It's something we see almost every game. The referre just got hurt, wich didn't happen almost every game.

To protect the referee, the league must give him something.

In my opinion, two games would be ok.

Claude The Fraud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:25 PM
  #2
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Meh as a former referee/linesmen, I blame the linesman. He tried to hold Huberdeau back and lost his footing then played it up like he was blindsided by Scott Stevens.

I'm not a fan of Huberdeau by any stretch of the imagination, just sayin lol

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:55 PM
  #3
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Nothing, things happen.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:35 PM
  #4
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
Coming from a former linesman/referee the linesman placed himself in a dangerous situation. We were always taught never to grab someone without the support of your other linesman grabbing the other guy.

Weegar came in and him and Huberdeau came together while a linesman tried to settle it himself. That stuff will happen.

They will probably nail him with a few games though to make a point, he did shove the linesman out of the way which is abuse.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
  #5
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
Coming from a former linesman/referee the linesman placed himself in a dangerous situation. We were always taught never to grab someone without the support of your other linesman grabbing the other guy.

Weegar came in and him and Huberdeau came together while a linesman tried to settle it himself. That stuff will happen.

They will probably nail him with a few games though to make a point, he did shove the linesman out of the way which is abuse.
Annoying thing is the linesmen shoved Huberdeau first. I remember thinking when I was playing that the linesmen shouldn't be trying to ragdoll me to break up a fight... I know when breaking up fights I always tried my best to not shove guys. They're heated, you don't shove a guy who's already heated and then get mad when he reacts

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
  #6
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
I agree that 2 games would be reasonable both ways..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 10:33 PM
  #7
RJQuack
Registered User
 
RJQuack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,608
vCash: 500
1 game. nothing malicious here.

RJQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:42 AM
  #8
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
The "Abuse of Official" call was later retracted (Sorry double posted this)

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:11 AM
  #9
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
The "Abuse of Official" call was later retracted (Sorry double posted this)
I guess there won't be a suspension..

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:12 AM
  #10
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
I guess there won't be a suspension..
Still could happen ... he was given an instigator penalty

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
  #11
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklehead506 View Post
Still could happen ... he was given an instigator penalty
I don't think they will suspend him.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
  #12
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
I bet the linesman saw the replay and realized how bad it looked on his part and asked for the penalty to be retracted lol

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:10 AM
  #13
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I bet the linesman saw the replay and realized how bad it looked on his part and asked for the penalty to be retracted lol
When does that ever happen lol ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:49 PM
  #14
Scarecrow Boat
Registered User
 
Scarecrow Boat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 3,676
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
When does that ever happen lol ?
I donno lol I said linesmen not ref

Scarecrow Boat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:13 PM
  #15
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Will there not be a mandatory league issued suspension for this?

3 - SNB Jonathan Huberdeau, 15:38 - Instigator of a fight in final 5 minutes of regulation time, or anytime of the overtime - Game Misconduct, (4.4 )

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:05 PM
  #16
Flyers12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Huberdeau had a two minutes minor for High Sticking.

Why he didn't go to the penalty bench as the line judge said to him?

He didn't have to push the line judge to attack with no reasons Weegar.

But Huberdeau is a star. The league will not give him a suspension.

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:45 PM
  #17
Flyers12
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 108
vCash: 500
Patrick King ‏@SNPatrickKing

Jonathan Huberdeau suspended four games for this

Flyers12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:02 PM
  #18
JohnnyB11
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Saint John, NB
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,334
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
Huberdeau had a two minutes minor for High Sticking.

Why he didn't go to the penalty bench as the line judge said to him?

He didn't have to push the line judge to attack with no reasons Weegar.

But Huberdeau is a star. The league will not give him a suspension.
Hmm... care to re-think your position??

And in case you didn't see the game, he didn't attack Weegar for no reason lol. He was on his way to the box when Weegar decided to play tough guy and run his mouth at him. Up to then Weegar had nothing to do with the play, the penalty was Huberdeau highsticking Frk (which was unintentional if you watch the video, but a penalty none the less).

But Huberdeau is a star. No suspension, right??

JohnnyB11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
  #19
Libbs
Registered User
 
Libbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Posts: 3,558
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB11 View Post
Hmm... care to re-think your position??

And in case you didn't see the game, he didn't attack Weegar for no reason lol. He was on his way to the box when Weegar decided to play tough guy and run his mouth at him. Up to then Weegar had nothing to do with the play, the penalty was Huberdeau highsticking Frk (which was unintentional if you watch the video, but a penalty none the less).

But Huberdeau is a star. No suspension, right??
And Weegar backed his mouth up... so no issue here. Next time Huberdeau wants to play tough guy, pick someone who wont feed him his lunch.

Libbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:50 PM
  #20
WildcatMapleLeafs28
Registered User
 
WildcatMapleLeafs28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Atlantic Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers12 View Post
Patrick King ‏@SNPatrickKing

Jonathan Huberdeau suspended four games for this
Seems a bit steep but so is everything this year imo. 2 games would have been reasonable ..

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:53 PM
  #21
Dgill
Registered User
 
Dgill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Halifax
Posts: 1,661
vCash: 500
At least we know that the abuse of officials is more serious than a player being racially taunted.

Dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:01 PM
  #22
Patmac40
BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
 
Patmac40's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,311
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
At least we know that the abuse of officials is more serious than a player being racially taunted.
Kind of funny eh? I was miffed at that suspension and that Lewis got the same amount of games for a clean hit. But, I digress. Huberdeau's seems a little steep but there are probably structured punishments for these offenses anyways so it was set in stone. 2 games is what I thought might happen.

Patmac40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
  #23
kalvincline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Halifax, NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 45
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgill View Post
At least we know that the abuse of officials is more serious than a player being racially taunted.
The Q discipline committee is a joke. They're so inconsistent it's down right laughable. They desperately need new management to clean up this league.

kalvincline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 05:40 AM
  #24
TheRookie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
And Weegar backed his mouth up... so no issue here. Next time Huberdeau wants to play tough guy, pick someone who wont feed him his lunch.
He wasn't playing tough guy unlike some players that like to hide behind the linesman and run their mouth ... Weegar was pretty excited he fought Huberdeau really showing his toughness lol

TheRookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:29 PM
  #25
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somewhere in Quebec.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalvincline View Post
The Q discipline committee is a joke. They're so inconsistent it's down right laughable. They desperately need new management to clean up this league.
I agree, ****ing joke.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:14 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.