HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Around the NHL II

Closed Thread

Old
12-06-2012, 08:01 PM
AdmiralsFan24

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to AdmiralsFan24
Why in the hell would any negotiation be take it or leave it? So if the players leave it you plan on never negotiating again? Players and especially Fehr see right through that ****.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:40 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Adrian Dater has a player telling him that Fehr basically said, "We should hold out for more."

Figures. We have a meeting without Bettman and Fehr, then Fehr shows up and ruins the whole thing.

Old
12-06-2012, 09:54 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Wow, I just had a dream where I blew up NHL and NHLPA HQ's raced to Canada and claimed political exile and was granted it.

Old
12-07-2012, 06:44 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 View Post
Why in the hell would any negotiation be take it or leave it? So if the players leave it you plan on never negotiating again? Players and especially Fehr see right through that ****.
The problem is apparently Fehr's "negotiation" involves sitting back and letting the nhl "negotiate" by making better and better offers while not doing much to come the other way. Apparently that's his MO... Let the other guy negotiate against himself. When dealing with someone like that at some point you have to say "this is as good as it is getting, take it or else there is no season and we'll see you in april"

Old
12-07-2012, 11:02 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
The problem is apparently Fehr's "negotiation" involves sitting back and letting the nhl "negotiate" by making better and better offers while not doing much to come the other way. Apparently that's his MO... Let the other guy negotiate against himself. When dealing with someone like that at some point you have to say "this is as good as it is getting, take it or else there is no season and we'll see you in april"
\]\

Interesting comment since what I've been reading is that the NHLPA has continued to make concessions including giving up 12% of their pay. (57% down to 50%)

Old
12-07-2012, 05:23 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Rumor is that Ryan O'Reilly is having a contract dispute with the Avs. Not sure if he'd want to come here after we jettisoned his brother, but hypothetically speaking, I'd love to have him.

Avs fans say the deal they want is ROR for a young LHD that can play top pairing. Would we trade Josi for Radar? I'm not a huge fan, since Fisher/Leggy/Smith/Spaling/Wilson/Goose have us covered at C, but i'd LOVE to land Ryan O.

Old
12-07-2012, 05:47 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
\]\

Interesting comment since what I've been reading is that the NHLPA has continued to make concessions including giving up 12% of their pay. (57% down to 50%)
That's hardly a "concession" that was more of a "given" after the nba and nfl did similarly.

The players are stupid. The vast majority of players would be screwed royally by giving up a whole season, many for the second time in their short careers. Poor jerred smithson will have lost about 20% of his lifetime earning capacity if they lose another season... And joel ward sure as hell won't be able to recoup the 3 million he will lose if this season goes in the crapper.

Old
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
Dave is a killer
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top 6 Spaling View Post
Rumor is that Ryan O'Reilly is having a contract dispute with the Avs. Not sure if he'd want to come here after we jettisoned his brother, but hypothetically speaking, I'd love to have him.

Avs fans say the deal they want is ROR for a young LHD that can play top pairing. Would we trade Josi for Radar? I'm not a huge fan, since Fisher/Leggy/Smith/Spaling/Wilson/Goose have us covered at C, but i'd LOVE to land Ryan O.
With the way Marek is in love with the dude ... he's going to get paaaaaid

Old
12-08-2012, 09:09 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

so if there is going to be a 50 game season, can anyone find what the standings looked like after 50 games last year?

Preds were 30-16-4.... I would take that in a heartbeat for a 50 game season....

edit:

found them

Preds were 3rd in the Central but also tied for 3rd in the whole WC...

Old
12-09-2012, 08:27 AM
adsfan

Quote:
That's hardly a "concession" that was more of a "given" after the nba and nfl did similarly.

The players are stupid. The vast majority of players would be screwed royally by giving up a whole season, many for the second time in their short careers. Poor jerred smithson will have lost about 20% of his lifetime earning capacity if they lose another season... And joel ward sure as hell won't be able to recoup the 3 million he will lose if this season goes in the crapper.
Reminds me of Hostess. The union didn't want any jobs cuts. So they got 100% job loss instead! At least there should be an NHL season next year.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:18 AM
lstcyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by adsfan View Post
Reminds me of Hostess. The union didn't want any jobs cuts. So they got 100% job loss instead! At least there should be an NHL season next year.
Last I heard there were many companies interested in the brands. Some have even inquired about whether the people who worked in the plants are available. The end result I think will be there may be some fewer jobs but the folks will be employed and by an employer interested in running a business and not just sucking dollars away from working people.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by lstcyr View Post
Last I heard there were many companies interested in the brands. Some have even inquired about whether the people who worked in the plants are available. The end result I think will be there may be some fewer jobs but the folks will be employed and by an employer interested in running a business and not just sucking dollars away from working people.
That's interesting, I didn't know hostess was charging working people for anything exxcept their products.

I'm disgusted by Fehr and the players. If it wouldn't hurt the Preds, I'd like the owners to say absolutely nothing--- give nothing --- and lose the whole season. T

Old
12-10-2012, 09:32 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post
That's interesting, I didn't know hostess was charging working people for anything exxcept their products.

I'm disgusted by Fehr and the players. If it wouldn't hurt the Preds, I'd like the owners to say absolutely nothing--- give nothing --- and lose the whole season. T
fehr has been masterful so far but now that the players have broken the cone of silence and made it public that there was a 'good" deal in place that fehr told them to reject because they could get "better", Fehr is now (rightfully) seen as the bad guy at this point, but truthfully, he couldnt pull it off if the players attending the meetings werent complicit.

If I was a journeyman type player I'd gather up as many players like me who arent superstars and tell Cindy Crosby that if he keeps grandstanding and being Fehrs puppet that his head will be targeted EVERY shift when they finally return...

Old
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Volde, agreed. It's the journeymen who are being screwed by this and there is a lot more middle and lower players than superstars and the superstars shouldn't be driving the wagon.

(Jesus, I just had an Obama moment....)

Old
12-10-2012, 10:25 AM
RaiderDoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan98 View Post

Unfortunately, we're one of those teams that gets hurt no matter who wins.

The more the PA gets what they want, the closer the Preds will be to ending up like the Kansas City Royals - might as well be in the AHL. Or in Hamilton.

If the NHL has to continue to drag this out to get a fair CBA for all 30 teams- it can only hurt the momentum we're working so hard to achieve. Not to mention those mailing their season tickets back.

Last edited by Seth Lake: 12-10-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Let's stay above name calling...
Old
12-12-2012, 07:40 PM
Krishna
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.

12-12-2012, 09:09 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishna View Post
We are organizing a most handsome player in the league poll tournament for the poll board, could you guys give me 3 of the most handsome players on the team?

We are doing a 68 player tournament and are doing 2 from each team with 8 players as wildcards.
DISCLAIMER: I'm a guy, but I'm young enough that I hear my girl-friends talking about this...a lot

Wilson is #1 by a mile. It scares me how obsessed some of them get.

Fisher probably #2

Spaling/Josi/Smith tied for #3

Old
12-12-2012, 11:38 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

According to Ek(I know, I know.... but he supposedly had direct quotes from a player and an owner)

the players thought they were coming to negotiate, but Bettman has basically told them to make their best offer, and the owners will decide whether to take it or leave it.

Bettman has finally turned the tables on the players and Fehr. The only way to beat Fehr at his own game is to refuse to negotiate any further and make the other side negotiate against itself.

In then end, it had to come down to this, because every time the NHL gave something, Fehr told the players "dont accept, they will give more".... so the only way to stop that is to tell the players that they must come up with the next offer.

if the players refuse, or if they offer something obviously designed to be rejected, I do believe Bettman will set a drop dead date for cancellation of the season..... and then we will see if the player are truly stupid...

Old
12-13-2012, 12:22 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:

We all know Lundqvist is gonna win, may as well skip to #2

Asked the fiance, she said
1. Weber
2. Josi
3. Bourque

I thought she'd have Fisher up there, but she said he looks like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast

Old
12-14-2012, 03:03 AM
sparkle twin
Curse strikes again!

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:

1. Fisher

2. Josi
3. Bourque

also, Spaling, Klein, Wilson, Weber, Gaustad.

I would put Mueller on the list, while he's on the preds roster right now, if they were playing I don't know if he would be here or not.

Old
12-20-2012, 06:14 PM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

well, the NHL just cancelled games theough Jan 14th...

in good old KY country talk... this is getting down to the nut-cutting....

next cancellation will be the rest of the season...

the players are really THAT stupid, are they??

Old
12-20-2012, 08:23 PM
JR303

Quote:
well, the NHL just cancelled games theough Jan 14th...

in good old KY country talk... this is getting down to the nut-cutting....

next cancellation will be the rest of the season...

the players are really THAT stupid, are they??
For the life of me I can't figure out the players' end game. I've not seen one single post, quote, inkling, nothing that points out what they are "after". I get they don't want a salary cut, I get that they need some ill-advised retribution for the last lockout, but I think they have just lost sight of reality. Best quote I've heard is "GM's will find a way to pay players, no matter what the split is, so they need to be back on the ice".

That was from a player, if I remember correctly, that went through the last one. I think these guys need to be calling all these ex-guys to find out what the hell is going on and get a real-life explanation of what they can expect from a lost season.

Old
01-01-2013, 12:25 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

Seguin says he is "one million percent" after hip injury in NLA.

Old
01-01-2013, 09:46 AM
PredsV82
Snot Doc

looking over the details of the NHL CBA proposal I noticed this one tidbit...

Quote:
Money paid (above a defined threshold) to Players on NHL SPCs in another professional league (e.g., the AHL or a European league) will be charged against the NHL team's Cap, but not against the Players' Share.
seems to mean that, if accepted, the rich teams wont just be able to bury their mistakes in the minors or overseas any more.... no more Wade Redden 5 million dollar AHL salary or Cristobal Huet getting 5 million to play in Switzerland...

I think that is a fair tradeoff to the small teams for allowing the rich teams one cap-free buyout...

and then there is this one

Quote:
- Ability for Clubs to retain/allocate Salary and Cap Charges in the context of Player Trades within specified parameters.
meaning we will start seeing trades where the rich teams will continue to pay the salary in exchange for a small team taking on cap space.... if only this clause had existed the last few years I think the Preds could have made some wicked deadline trades...

Old
01-05-2013, 07:40 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Update, Russo reporting MN Wild pulled goalie out of AHL game

Closed Thread