HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

The Walking Dead: Season 3 (Part IV) Returns Feb. 10th

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Behn Wilson

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
My Sundays are lacking
Me too. Couldnt wait each week for Walking Dead, Talking Dead & Comic Book Men back to back.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Shareefruck

I haven't seen the show and came into this thread because I was interested in finding out what people thought of it, but some of these excuses/defenses are annoying/silly attempts at invalidating criticism, IMO.

It's a show about zombies, quit overanalysing, people just want to hate popular things, people hate it/love it because it's about zombies (I've heard both) etc... I can't stand **** like that, personally. Why not just accept the opinion as valid (which it probably is) and disagree? The cynics always get trashed for being know-it-alls w/o an open mind, but comments like these are much bigger examples of the fans being the closed-minded know-it-alls, IMO.

People need to stop reading negative posts as a personal attack on themselves for liking it. I personally find them very helpful.

People who don't like something don't need to stop overanalyzing and lightening up, YOU need to grow thicker skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Sometimes I hate to read forums involving TV shows I like. There are always those know-it-alls that want to tell you how terrible a show you like is. The last 10 pages are a testament to that.

Jeez, it isn't perfect but it's damn fine TV.
Why are they know-it-alls just because they think it's terrible (and clearly DON'T think it's damn fine TV)? And why is it a problem that someone doesn't like something that you do?

Last edited by Shareefruck: 12-09-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Behn Wilson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shareefruck View Post
Why are they know-it-alls just because they think it's terrible (and clearly DON'T think it's damn fine TV)? And why is it a problem that someone doesn't like something that you do?
Message boards tend to be far too negative on almost everything.

It can be frustrating sometimes.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:54 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behn Wilson View Post
Message boards tend to be far too negative on almost everything.

You could also argue that people in real society tend to be far too positive on almost everything (don't want to step on people's shoes/want to keep yourself in good standing with people and all that). People have all the incentive in the world to be extra positive about about everything, and in comparison, have very little incentive to be negative about them unless it truly and honestly gives a negative reaction. So I would think that the unproportional bias would be the other way around, if anything.

But regardless, from my experience, it's every bit as annoying as when everyone's positively gushing about something that I don't like. The frustration doesn't come from the negativity, it's from the violent disagreement. But you just deal with it because it's fair. You don't do everything in your power to discredit it and write it off as an ignorant viewpoint for Christ's sakes.

"They only think that because (insert baseless accusation of something 'petty that has more to do with ego and personality than the actual topic and almost always implies that they're lying' here)" is the worst type of rotten comment you typically read on a message board on a daily basis, IMO. I dislike it more than direct trolling, because it's all that passive-aggressive condescension ****.

Last edited by Shareefruck: 12-09-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 12:05 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Morozov
edited to just the link for the complainers on crappy browsers http://iforce.co.nz/i/1jilsryi.th3.jpg

Last edited by Morozov: 12-10-2012 at 07:16 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 12:12 AM
Vip
fun must be always

Really cool stats! Thanks for sharing!

Old
12-10-2012, 12:43 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
They should have put a Waldo zombie in there for good measure...

Really nice, thanks That looks like a lot of work, respect for whoever went through the pain of adding that up and making it.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Old
12-10-2012, 01:11 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

Carl is doing pretty well, only 2 less kills than Michonne.

Feels like Michonne should have more since she seems to dice up bunches at a time. Guess that didn't actually happen as many times as it seemed to feel like it did.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:25 AM
Kitten Mittons

Yeah so can you edit it and just post the link? I don't want to scroll down for 2 minutes to read other posts.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:51 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
did you really have to post the entire picture? Just give us the link

Old
12-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Morozov
The Devil Killer

What crappy browser are you guys using that doesn't minimize the picture?

Old
12-10-2012, 08:52 AM
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9

vCash: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
What crappy browser are you guys using that doesn't minimize the picture?
it doesnt start off minimized

Old
12-10-2012, 09:11 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morozov View Post
edited to just the link for the complainers on crappy browsers http://iforce.co.nz/i/1jilsryi.th3.jpg
Holy ****, someone has waaay to much time.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Holy ****, someone has waaay to much time.
Time to kill though with no Walking Dead and no NHL. Obvious time filler.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:14 AM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Carol - only four zombies! She's dead weight and needs to go. The quota should be one zombie per week.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

it's interesting to see how the numbers shift as time goes on. Rick's been relatively consistent, daryl has too with the exception of season 1. Herschel is past his prime, andrea might be too (though she's been cooped up the entire season). Michionne, Glen, carl, and maggie really came on this season.

12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Hellfish

Hoepfully this wasn't asked, I looked back a ways and didn't see it.

Why did Maggie shoot that criminal in the head after he was killed in the shootout. I know the whole "take care of your own" shtick they all have going, but why not leave him to turn. He was inside the compound, he could have stirred up a bit more trouble after he zombiefied. Plus she wasted a bullet that could have been used at a later date.

She should have left him to turn, made them dispose of him. Who knows, with all the chaos going on, he may have got a few of them before they got him.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:07 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfish View Post

Why did Maggie shoot that criminal in the head after he was killed in the shootout. I know the whole "take care of your own" shtick they all have going, but why not leave him to turn. He was inside the compound, he could have stirred up a bit more trouble after he zombiefied. Plus she wasted a bullet that could have been used at a later date.

She should have left him to turn, made them dispose of him. Who knows, with all the chaos going on, he may have got a few of them before they got him.
I think it's out of respect more than anything

Old
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

Quote:

Well he did help in saving them, I think the least they could do for him was give him a somewhat more peaceful death.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:08 PM
Dolemite
The one...the only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by behn wilson View Post
message boards tend to be far too negative on almost everything.

are not!

Old
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
fcpremix88

vCash: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArGarBarGar View Post
Sometimes I hate to read forums involving TV shows I like. There are always those know-it-alls that want to tell you how terrible a show you like is. The last 10 pages are a testament to that.

Jeez, it isn't perfect but it's damn fine TV.
When I read about people loving The Walking Dead, it's like someone saying they love Five Guys. While it's certainly a tasty meal, it ain't a steak. And this is where my terrible metaphor stops working: high quality television isn't more expensive like a steak is to a burger.

If you're watching The Walking Dead for the writing and acting, I'm compelled to wonder why. There are dozens of shows that are better and are just as accessible.

Sorry if I come off as a know-it-all/elitist/jerk, but it's frustrating to see people settle for anything less than great when they don't have to.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcpremix88 View Post
When I read about people loving The Walking Dead, it's like someone saying they love Five Guys. While it's certainly a tasty meal, it ain't a steak. And this is where my terrible metaphor stops working: high quality television isn't more expensive like a steak is to a burger.

If you're watching The Walking Dead for the writing and acting, I'm compelled to wonder why. There are dozens of shows that are better and are just as accessible.

Sorry if I come off as a know-it-all/elitist/jerk, but it's frustrating to see people settle for anything less than great when they don't have to.
My curiosity is what is out there right now that is incredibly amazing?

Old
12-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Swedish Fish
CONQUERED

Quote:

He was part of the group that saved her life, also what the hell is one walker going to do against a large group with automatic weapons.

Last edited by Swedish Fish: 12-10-2012 at 10:17 PM.
Old
12-11-2012, 11:51 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

vCash: 270
Quote:

Seems pretty disrespectful to someone who just helped you with a dangerous task.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:31 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
it's interesting to see how the numbers shift as time goes on. Rick's been relatively consistent, daryl has too with the exception of season 1. Herschel is past his prime, andrea might be too (though she's been cooped up the entire season). Michionne, Glen, carl, and maggie really came on this season.
I think it's safe to say Herschel won't be killing many zombies anymore...