HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

The Omark Thread: Willing to play in the AHL?

Old
11-30-2012, 06:47 PM
ales83fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matte99 View Post
Linus scored 1 + 1 tonight against the swiss league leaders. Zug's 1st line (Omark, Zetterberg, Brunner) is proving unstoppable and are scoring like crazy...

27GP 11G 30A 41Pt +15
Having a superstar like Zetterberg vs lesser competition will do that.

Not a bad thing that he's scoring. Would be worse if he wasn't, obviously.

I do want omark to succeed, and I have been a fan of his from the very start, but I do not think it will happen in Edmonton. I would say his worth is at maximum a 3rd, since we only got a late 2nd for Cogs.

ales83fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:07 PM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ales83fan View Post
Having a superstar like Zetterberg vs lesser competition will do that.

Not a bad thing that he's scoring. Would be worse if he wasn't, obviously.

I do want omark to succeed, and I have been a fan of his from the very start, but I do not think it will happen in Edmonton. I would say his worth is at maximum a 3rd, since we only got a late 2nd for Cogs.
Actually, Omark and Brunner were scoring at more or less the same rate before Zetterberg came to the team and now they are all scoring at the "same" rate in the same line... 3-5 goals a game... its madness even for the swiss league. =)

Sure, Zetterberg is proving the difference between a middle of the pack Zug and a league winning Zug but Omark and Brunner arent just passengers.

Matte99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:22 PM
Dorian2
The bag don't lie.

vCash: 50
Maybe Omark has found his niche in Switzerland. I'm still not confident that he can make an NHL team, but who knows. Maybe the Swiss League will turn around his NHL career. Lockouts tend to do that for some players (Horcoff's career year after the last lockout I believe), although this has nothing much to do with the lockout.

Dorian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2012, 07:51 PM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorian2 View Post
Maybe Omark has found his niche in Switzerland. I'm still not confident that he can make an NHL team, but who knows. Maybe the Swiss League will turn around his NHL career. Lockouts tend to do that for some players (Horcoff's career year after the last lockout I believe), although this has nothing much to do with the lockout.
Think the difference is that Omark was put in a position to succeed. Brunner was a top scorer in the league before Omark came and they seem to be a good fit. Adding Zetterberg took it another level or two. =)

Old
11-30-2012, 08:21 PM
nullterm

It's also international sized rink with more open space to move. And although the speed is probably close to NHL, he's not facing against the top D men in the world. Good to get his confidence back.

nullterm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 01:59 AM
Thorulf

The player with most assists in Switzerland might be doing a comeback in the Swedish national team.
Linus have some problems with his passport/visum, otherwise he will play in the tournament in Russia next week, according to Pär Mårts, headcoach of team Sweden.

Thorulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 05:23 AM
LaGu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorulf View Post
The player with most assists in Switzerland might be doing a comeback in the Swedish national team.
Linus have some problems with his passport/visum, otherwise he will play in the tournament in Russia next week, according to Pär Mårts, headcoach of team Sweden.

Here's the ref if anyone is interested.
Quote:
– Vi har begärt att få in hans pass, så att vi ska kunna begära in visum, men utan hans pass... Nu börjar tiden rinna ut. Hans pass måste också skickas tillbaka annars kommer han inte ut ur Schweiz, säger förbundskapten Pär Mårts.
- We have asked for his passport so that will be able to apply for the visa, but without it... Time is running out. Furthermore we need to send his passport back to him, otherwise he will not be able to get out of Switzerland, says manager Per Marts.

När begärde ni in Omarks pass?
When did you request Omark's passport?
– Det var länge sedan. Alla spelare har skickat in.
- That was a long time ago. All other players have sent theirs.

Annars tycker du att han hade platsat i Tre Kronor?
If not for the passport issue do you think he could be on the team?

– Han hade nog kunnat vara med annars, säger Mårts, som tagit ut 12 forwards.
- He would probably have been able to join if not for the passport issue, says Marts, who has selected 12 forwards so far.

Två forwardsplatser är öppna varav en kan gå till Patric Hörnqvist om han får klart med en ny klubb efter det att han lämnar Djurgården den 8 december.
Two forward positions are still open of which one may go to Hornqvist is he is abel to sign for a new club after leaving Djurgarden on December 8.

Och möjligen finns det fortfarande en chans för Linus Omark.
And possibly there is still a chance for Linus Omark.

Enligt hans agent Patrik Aronsson fick Omark veta för en vecka sedan att han skulle skicka in sitt pass.
According to his agent Omark just found out a week ago that he needed to send his passport.

– Då var han på en bortaturné. Han var tvungen att ta nya passfoton och det är inskickat. Sedan vet jag inte om det inte kommit fram i tid. Låter konstigt att inte bli uttagen för det. Det hade bara varit att slå honom en signal, säger Aronsson.
- He was on a roadtrip at the time. He had to take new passport photos and now he has sent it. I don't know if it will arrive on time. Sounds strange that they wouldn't include him in the team just because of that. They could have given him a call, says his agent Aronsson.

LaGu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 10:04 PM
Matte99

Omark with 1 G and 1 A in the 3 vs 2 win vs Fribourg last night.
(Brunner 2 + 1 and Zetterberg 0 + 2)

Linus total so far in NLA is: 28 GP 12G 31A +16 43Pts

The Omark, Zetterberg, Brunner line with yet another 3 goal game... and Zug now just 2 point behind the league leader.

Last edited by Matte99: 12-04-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old
12-04-2012, 10:12 PM
bucktown

any way to access any video of these replays? id really like to see what some of these plays look like. (insert youtube sensation joke here)

bucktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:01 PM
nexttothemoon
Eight Straight

Hmmm... I personally wouldn't be against bringing back Omark to the Oilers in a 3rd line role as long as it's like this...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Brunner-Zetterberg-Omark
Hartikainen-Eager-Hordichuk

Looks good to me.

nexttothemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Matte99

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Hmmm... I personally wouldn't be against bringing back Omark to the Oilers in a 3rd line role as long as it's like this...

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Brunner-Zetterberg-Omark

Looks good to me.

Old
12-04-2012, 11:06 PM
Matte99

http://www.bluewin.ch/de/index.php/1104,70804/de/sport/eishockey/videos/?asset_id=136250&page=1

http://www.nationalleague.ch/NL/spie...lifikation.php

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucktown View Post
any way to access any video of these replays? id really like to see what some of these plays look like. (insert youtube sensation joke here)

Old
12-05-2012, 02:44 PM
Krigaren*

Cool thanks for the vid. Wasnt exactly yesterday one saw Omark score on a flipmacka..

Krigaren* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2012, 05:17 PM
titsuple

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post

Hall-RNH-Eberle
Hemsky-Gagner-Yakupov
Brunner-Zetterberg-Omark

Looks good to me.
OMG i just pissed my pants!

titsuple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-06-2012, 04:04 PM
McClelland

Brunners first goal was a joke, if the goalkeepers in switzerland have that standard then are points made in switzerland not worth much! Hank to omark omark to brunner was a beauty.
Omarks Gwg was pretty easy from that opener from Brunner. but thats the goals i want see from him, in the front the of goal, its there you score most of them in the nhl.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Thorulf

The passport/visum difficulties are now solved. According to head coach Pär Mårts
Linus Omark is joining the swedish national team for the tournament in Russa next week.

A huge step towards for Linus when trying to get to the WC, played in Stockholm Sweden, later this spring.
If the NHL season is cancelled it will be a great WC. Obviously not so much if NHL starts up. Swedens team for next week is strong, containing many lock out'ed players now playing in ie. KHL.

Old
12-08-2012, 05:21 PM
McClelland

Quote:
The passport/visum difficulties are now solved. According to head coach Pär Mårts
Linus Omark is joining the swedish national team for the tournament in Russa next week.

A huge step towards for Linus when trying to get to the WC, played in Stockholm Sweden, later this spring.
If the NHL season is cancelled it will be a great WC. Obviously not so much if NHL starts up. Swedens team for next week is strong, containing many lock out'ed players now playing in ie. KHL.
Yeaah! and if the nhl seaon will be cancelled, there be almost impossible for omark to snach a spot! lw/rw daniel sedin,Lui eriksson,alfredsson,Franzén,Landeskog,hornqvist,,s teen,stahlberg,silvferberg. Omark would be on the reservlist if one of the pp wingers get injured and hes back in old shape. reservlist; hagelin,samuelsson,omark,paajarvi,lindstrom. The c spots would be Sedin,zetterberg,backstrom! and probably marcus johansson or maybe patric berglund. The 3 first c looking awful good, but canada and russia is favourites if everyone joins.

McClelland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Bergeron47

I don't understand, what international tournament is being held this time of year that isn't the WJC?

Bergeron47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-08-2012, 08:05 PM
Thorulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergeron47 View Post
I don't understand, what international tournament is being held this time of year that isn't the WJC?
Euro Hockey Tour.
A series of 4 tournaments with the national teams from Europe. Karjala Tournament, Channel One Cup, Oddset Hockey Games and Czech Hockey Games. The total winner after all four tournaments are the winner of the Euro Hockey Tour season 2012/2013.

Guess this is stuff/news that you guys in the NA don't know is going on every year...

To be honest the media hype and the interest of the general hockey-fans is quite low. Much higher during lock-out season dough!

Russia has a killer team, and playing at home they are huge favorites!

Old
12-10-2012, 09:21 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Wasn't there a tourney not that long ago?

joestevens29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Thorulf

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Wasn't there a tourney not that long ago?
Maybe you are mixing it up with European Throphy?
ET is a tournament for clubs across Europe to compete. Has group-play/play off phase. The group stage is mainly pre-regular season and play-off phase during x-mas holliday.
Not much prestige in winning it, but as Red Bull is it's main sponsor the cash prize is fine...

Old
12-10-2012, 09:44 AM
joestevens29

Quote:
Maybe you are mixing it up with European Throphy?
ET is a tournament for clubs across Europe to compete. Has group-play/play off phase. The group stage is mainly pre-regular season and play-off phase during x-mas holliday.
Not much prestige in winning it, but as Red Bull is it's main sponsor the cash prize is fine...
Probably that.

Old
12-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Thorulf

Omark is back after the holidays and the Channel One cup with Sweden. His performance in the national team was by most experts concidered to be not good enough to be a serious contender for a WC spot.

Omark was 1+1 in Zugs 5-2 loss against Davos some days ago.

Old
01-07-2013, 08:35 AM
joestevens29

Hate being the guy that bumps this thread, but any talk on Omark's plans? He mention anything on twitter about the NHL?

Old
01-07-2013, 10:30 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Hate being the guy that bumps this thread, but any talk on Omark's plans? He mention anything on twitter about the NHL?
Trade him in a package for Subban?

Who knows, but if they're only bringing in about 25 to camp, I can't see him being one of them.

Jimmi Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote