HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 NHL Entry Draft Talk 3.0

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 09:01 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
As far as skating goes yeah, you can see he has much to improve in fluidity, but it's far from being as bad as some other humongous kids.

I think Zadorov is better with the puck than Tinordi was at the same age. On the other hand, I think Tinordi was better defensively than Nikita is.

All in all, I think Zadorov is better at the same age than Tinordi was. And I'd take a big guy with decent puck skills who hits almost every chance he gets at #15 anyday of the week.
I think you're probably right. Plus, the offense seems to come more naturally to Zadorov, while it's something Tinordi has had to work at (though I think people underrate Tinordi's puck skills too). But I do think they're fairly comparable players.

Quote:
Also, I liked Bo Horvat last night, he's pretty solid in every aspect of the game, and was often used against Strome/Ritchie/Theoret. He did a good job for most part of the game. Might not be as slick and elusive as Domi is, but he has the body. I'm not really sure how people see him go in the 1st round while they predict Duclair in the 2nd. Duclair has better offensive potential than Horvat.

By the way, am I the only on here (cue the meme) that sees a lot of Ben Maxwell in Horvat's game?
I thought Horvat tried a bit too much in the way of frilly dekes and turned the puck over a lot. Someone should remind him he's not Max Domi.
But when he sticks to a simple game, he's a good player. I don't see him as much more than a third liner, but a good third liner.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:12 AM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
he's not related to jimmy is he?
I thought he might be related to my good ole uncle Mike but no he's from Medicine Hat another great town for an Irishman.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:20 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLacoste View Post
Yes. With those 2nd rounders, if Timmins choose wisely, we could get the depth every winning team need. As for Drouin, he must be really high (top 5 IMO). A french canadian highly skilled winger that could play along Gally, it's hard to pass on.
No offense, but that later element applies to every wingers...

Old
12-10-2012, 12:22 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
As of last count, I'm up to 34 draft profiles/blurbs from first-hand (well, via online streams) "scouting" that I've done. I still want to wait to see more of the guys ranked towards the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd so I think I'm going to shoot for the end of the year to put together some sort of ranking/profiles thing, if anyone wants to read it It'll probably just be a lengthy post in here, in any event.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
As of last count, I'm up to 34 draft profiles/blurbs from first-hand (well, via online streams) "scouting" that I've done. I still want to wait to see more of the guys ranked towards the bottom of the 1st/early 2nd so I think I'm going to shoot for the end of the year to put together some sort of ranking/profiles thing, if anyone wants to read it It'll probably just be a lengthy post in here, in any event.
I look forward to it. I'm usually too lazy to scout much beyond the guys that are going to be around where I expect the Habs to pick. This year I have no idea where the Habs will be picking, and would rather just watch Galchenyuk when I can when fiending junior hockey...

I definitely like the top 6 guys though, just not sure we will get a chance at any of them.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:18 PM
S Bah

It's a blurry picture for all teams with the lockout,any of the top six players would be excellent.Max Domi with his play against Niagara leading London to victory and his eye-popping moves has certainly got my attention though.I'm one of the biggest proponent for the Habs drafting forwards with size and talent(skating & skill)in the 2013 draft,but will make exceptions in the Drouin & Domi case.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:21 PM
JAVO16

Thought people would be interested in this highlight reel that got posted in the Lindholm thread on the Prospect board.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:38 PM
Rikiki Bousquet

Ugh, this lockout NEEDS to end and the Habs need to suck. Such a good draft ahead.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:01 PM
zzoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAVO16 View Post

Thought people would be interested in this highlight reel that got posted in the Lindholm thread on the Prospect board.
Wow, Lindholm is impressive. Thanks for the clip.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:

god almighty.

i want!

Old
12-11-2012, 06:34 PM
S Bah

Lindholm centering a line at the WJC's with Sebastian Collberg as his RW the Christmas Tournament will be delightful no matter what the game time.Alex Wennberg will be playing for Team Sweden as well.

Old
12-12-2012, 11:30 AM
Hope Of Glory

Does somebody knows anything about 6'06 winger Tyler Hill?

I've never heard of him until I found out he was ranked 10th on draftsite.com. However, the average rank from users making mock draft is 52th... Only 2 games played this year in the USHL, no vids on youtube.

Any chance we grab him in the 2nd round or will he be picked earlier once he gets a little more exposure?

Old
12-12-2012, 12:09 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:

Thanks for the clip, I'll watch it when I get home. Lindholm is a beauty - I still have no idea why people obsess over Barkov but ignore Lindholm.

Old
12-12-2012, 01:32 PM
L4br3cqu3
Booya !

vCash: 905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post

I've never heard of him until I found out he was ranked 10th on draftsite.com. However, the average rank from users making mock draft is 52th... Only 2 games played this year in the USHL, no vids on youtube.

Any chance we grab him in the 2nd round or will he be picked earlier once he gets a little more exposure?
S Bah already talked about this guy in some occasions, might be the one the ask. Hill sure is huge for his age, and seems very physical...

Old
12-12-2012, 01:39 PM
larrypacman8167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldthorpe View Post
Toronto must draft Subban, thus starting what will be remembered as the Trolling Age.
dood that's friggin' funny

Old
12-12-2012, 02:47 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

This guy is not eligible until like 2017, may get into the OHL at 15 next year.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft-b...future-hockey/

Old
12-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Marc the Habs Fan
MVP

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Thanks for the clip, I'll watch it when I get home. Lindholm is a beauty - I still have no idea why people obsess over Barkov but ignore Lindholm.
Because Barkov is the mythical '' big center'' while Lindholm is barely 6' it seems.

Old
12-12-2012, 03:43 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

12 QMJHL guys, 9 of 24 forwards…2 defense and a goalie

Morin ahead of Murphy(VD) is a surprise…Poirier Dunn and Roy(BBA) could have been good candidates also

2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters:

Team Cherry:

Head Coach – Don Cherry

Goaltenders:
Zachary Fucale (Halifax Mooseheads)
Tristan Jarry (Edmonton Oil Kings)

Defencemen:
Samuel Morin (Rimouski Oceanic)
Josh Morrissey (Prince Albert Raiders)
Mirco Mueller (Everett Silvertips)
Darnell Nurse “A” (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds)
Ryan Pulock (Brandon Wheat Kings)
Eric Roy (Brandon Wheat Kings)

Forwards:
William Carrier (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles)
Jason Dickinson (Guelph Storm)
Jonathan Drouin “A” (Halifax Mooseheads)
Frederik Gauthier (Rimouski Oceanic)
Stephen Harper (Erie Otters)
Ryan Hartman (Plymouth Whalers)
Morgan Klimchuk (Regina Pats)
Ryan Kujawinski (Kingston Frontenacs)
Nathan MacKinnon “C” (Halifax Mooseheads)
Anthony Mantha (Val-d’Or Foreurs)
Zach Nastasiuk (Owen Sound Attack)
Valentin Zykov (Baie-Comeau Drakkar)

Team Orr:

Head Coach – Mike McPhee

Goaltenders:
Eric Comrie (Tri-City Americans)
Spencer Martin (Mississauga Steelheads)

Defencemen:
Chris Bigras (Owen Sound Attack)
Madison Bowey (Kelowna Rockets)
Seth Jones “C” (Portland Winterhawks)
Jan Kostalek (Rimouski Oceanic)
Shea Theodore (Seattle Thunderbirds)
Nikita Zadorov (London Knights)

Forwards:
Justin Bailey (Kitchener Rangers)
Oliver Bjorkstrand (Portland Winterhawks)
Max Domi (London Knights)
Anthony Duclair (Quebec Remparts)
Adam Erne (Quebec Remparts)
Bo Horvat (London Knights)
Curtis Lazar (Edmonton Oil Kings)
Sean Monahan “A” (Ottawa 67’s)
Nicolas Petan (Portland Winterhawks)
Kerby Rychel (Windsor Spitfires)
Hunter Shinkaruk “A” (Medicine Hat Tigers)
Nick Sorensen (Quebec Remparts)

Old
12-12-2012, 03:44 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc the Habs Fan View Post
Because Barkov is the mythical '' big center'' while Lindholm is barely 6' it seems.
There's also the fact that Barkov has been at the front scene since last year because of his production in the SM-liiga while Lindholm started producing this year after being given more icetime.

The WJC will be awesome this year

Last edited by JAVO16: 12-12-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carey price View Post
this guy is not eligible until like 2017, may get into the ohl at 15 next year.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/draft-b...future-hockey/
2016*

Old
12-12-2012, 04:59 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Top Prospects game isn't a good one to scout a player but I'm excited to see Mirco Mueller again. I just have a tough time catching Everett games and I think he's a sleeper.

Old
12-12-2012, 06:08 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
12 QMJHL guys, 9 of 24 forwards…2 defense and a goalie

Morin ahead of Murphy(VD) is a surprise…Poirier Dunn and Roy(BBA) could have been good candidates also

2013 Home Hardware CHL/NHL Top Prospects Game Rosters:

Team Cherry:

Head Coach – Don Cherry

Goaltenders:
Zachary Fucale (Halifax Mooseheads)
Tristan Jarry (Edmonton Oil Kings)

Defencemen:
Samuel Morin (Rimouski Oceanic)
Josh Morrissey (Prince Albert Raiders)
Mirco Mueller (Everett Silvertips)
Darnell Nurse “A” (Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds)
Ryan Pulock (Brandon Wheat Kings)
Eric Roy (Brandon Wheat Kings)

Forwards:
William Carrier (Cape Breton Screaming Eagles)
Jason Dickinson (Guelph Storm)
Jonathan Drouin “A” (Halifax Mooseheads)
Frederik Gauthier (Rimouski Oceanic)
Stephen Harper (Erie Otters)
Ryan Hartman (Plymouth Whalers)
Morgan Klimchuk (Regina Pats)
Ryan Kujawinski (Kingston Frontenacs)
Nathan MacKinnon “C” (Halifax Mooseheads)
Anthony Mantha (Val-d’Or Foreurs)
Zach Nastasiuk (Owen Sound Attack)
Valentin Zykov (Baie-Comeau Drakkar)
If the union votes to decertify, I want to sign this whole team (except Cherry) and go from there.

Old
12-12-2012, 09:31 PM
S Bah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impossible Glory View Post

He was featured in "The Hockey News" prospect section back in late August or Sept. if I remember correctly and he plays for Hotchkiss School the same school Mac Bennett played for when the Habs drafted him.

Old
12-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Rise from the Ashes
Price defies corsi

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
The Habs have to draft some scrappy, physical, gritty players with size this draft. If you take a look at our prospect pool almost every player fits the description of a finesse player with good hockey sense and skating ability. Thats well and good, but one of major problems over the past 10 years has been the organizations attempt to use skilled players in bottom six roles. The Bruins and Flyers draft a plethora of differing types of players, as do other good, balanced teams. It is precisely for this need for the combo of grit, toughness and skill that I like Erne as our first round selection. Its looking like we wont be close to the top 10 anyways.

Some of you may disagree with me, but if you observe each teams list of prospects, ours is easily one of the softest in the league. Bruins got Camara and Payne in the later rounds and they are going to be solid third-fourth line players down the road. I like the Vail pick as he is a gritty, rangy center, but we need some Troy Brouwer type players to put on his wing.

Thoughts?

Old
12-13-2012, 12:20 PM
pcamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes View Post
The Habs have to draft some scrappy, physical, gritty players with size this draft. If you take a look at our prospect pool almost every player fits the description of a finesse player with good hockey sense and skating ability. Thats well and good, but one of major problems over the past 10 years has been the organizations attempt to use skilled players in bottom six roles. The Bruins and Flyers draft a plethora of differing types of players, as do other good, balanced teams. It is precisely for this need for the combo of grit, toughness and skill that I like Erne as our first round selection. Its looking like we wont be close to the top 10 anyways.

Some of you may disagree with me, but if you observe each teams list of prospects, ours is easily one of the softest in the league. Bruins got Camara and Payne in the later rounds and they are going to be solid third-fourth line players down the road. I like the Vail pick as he is a gritty, rangy center, but we need some Troy Brouwer type players to put on his wing.

Thoughts?
You are right , we usually sign gritty players cause we never draft them... Timmins seems to have man crush about players the same height as him. If we could manage to draft Elias Lindholm would really help every weakness we have. Gritty, high end talent and 1-2 punch down the middle with Galchenyuk. Looking forward to watching him at WJC with collberg

Closed Thread