HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

2012-2013 Connecticut Whale/Greenville Road Warriors Thread (AHL, ECHL)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 10:28 AM
E-Train

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Zuccarello is 5' 7 (.322834645669289)" to be exact
Seems exaggerated to me. Hags is a legit 5'11".

Old
12-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdlineglory View Post
Doesn't anyone else find it ironic that JAM tried to find an easier way of sticking in the NHL by going to a team in the central division? He's gonna have fun dealing with the likes of Backes, Keith, Datsyuk, Rinne, Kronwall, and so on.
Not really. It's all about playing time...who cares who he plays against? There are great players in every division.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortorella View Post
JAM will be a top 6 center pretty soon. A disgrace that we couldn't keep him.
He chose to sign elsewhere. Nothing you can do. From this Nov. 30 article in the Montreal Journal. Poorly translated by Google:

Quote:
A difficult decision

The decision to leave the organization of the New York Rangers has not been easy for Audy-Marchessault, but it was the right thing to do for the good of his career.

"The Rangers still have a good education in the NHL, he said. I thought that by signing a contract with a team like the Blue Jackets, the chance to realize my dream and play with the best were the greatest. "

Several teams have shown interest in Audy-Marchessault during the offseason, but not Canadian.

"It is certain that I would have liked it to receive interest on their part since I am a Quebecer, but at the same time, I think the Habs simply as one of the 30 teams in the NHL."

From their side, the Blue Jackets have signified their interest Audy-Marchessault from 1 July, with an offer of three years and nearly $ 3 million.

"I jumped on this opportunity with both feet, he confessed. I adapted quickly to the AHL and now I just look forward to the end of the lockout to prove that I belong in Columbus. "
JAM, while one of my favorite players on the team last year, is really someone we can all stop talking about and feeling any regret about.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarkko Immonen View Post
He chose to sign elsewhere. Nothing you can do.
If they would have offered him an NHL contract out of Traverse City I'd be shocked if he didn't sign it. But that's the power of hindsight, I guess.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:40 PM
pld459666

vCash: 873
JAM will be an AHL Star, and NHL Dud.

bank on it.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:52 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post
JAM will be an AHL Star, and NHL Dud.

bank on it.
Don't think he will be an NHL star but the guy has a lot of talent and willpower. He made a pass I haven't seen many NYR prospects in the last whatever years make in the the 10-2 Falcons over Whale trouncing earlier this year. Guy has skill and works hard every time he is on the ice.

Old
12-12-2012, 02:34 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
Bye bye Missiaen, hello Bryan Hince.

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/detail/w...ster-changes-1

Old
12-12-2012, 02:41 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
Bye bye Missiaen, hello Bryan Hince.

http://www.ctwhale.com/news/detail/w...ster-changes-1
Hince has only played in 33 games over the past three seasons, 18 of which came in the borderline-beer league SPHL. How bad was Missiaen that he lost his job to this guy? Oh, right, he has a GAA of 5 and SV% of .850. Pretty awful.

It's just pain.
Old
12-12-2012, 05:01 PM
RichieCallyGabby

Any streams for tonight's game boys?? I'm just dying to see some stellar D tonight!

Old
12-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Hince has only played in 33 games over the past three seasons, 18 of which came in the borderline-beer league SPHL. How bad was Missiaen that he lost his job to this guy? Oh, right, he has a GAA of 5 and SV% of .850. Pretty awful.
I couldn't have said it better. I think Talbot started something ridic. like 11 or 12 games in a row, including all 3 of 3 games in 3 nights... Show how much trust they had in him... ufff. I hate to say it, but Missiaen is too big = slow... and no, his positioning isn't good enough to cover for less speed.

So much for Rangers goalie prospects... 1 is a Jeckyll and Hyde in the AHL (Talbot), 2 are in the ECHL (Missiaen and Stajcer), where one of them can barely crack the lineup (Stajcer). Stay healthy Henrik!

Old
12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Osminator

Unreal... Whale dominate the Sharks for 38 minutes, outshoot, outhustle and outplay them... 2 on 1 for the Sharks.. score. After 40 mins, Whale are down 1-0 and will have a PP to start the third.

They better not lose 1-0 for a second consecutive game, or i'm putting my fist through the monitor... Especially with the way they are dominating the Sharks. Arrrgghh.

Old
12-12-2012, 07:52 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Miller leading a 3 on 1 down the left wing, rips a slapper home.

Whale lead 2-1. Miller with 1+1. Kid is heating up.

12-12-2012, 08:14 PM
Osminator

Whale beat Sharks 2-1! Do you believe in miracles? lol... actually a real strong effort by the entire team!

2. WOR Livingston, (1) (Acolatse), 18:22
3. CT Kolarik, (9) (Miller, Hrivik), 1:23 (PP)
3. CT Miller, (5) (Hrivik, Parlett), 6:09

Old
12-12-2012, 09:33 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Good for JT... What position is Miller playing?

Old
12-13-2012, 03:27 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Good for JT... What position is Miller playing?
Center

Old
12-13-2012, 03:31 AM
Osminator

Miller, Thomas and Hrivik seem to come around more a more as the season goes on, looks like they're trying to make a difference every game. That is great to see!

Also seems like something must have been said about job security and going to the ECHL, cus although not perfect, the defense did get their head out of backside and played an overall good game.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:24 AM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Center
Have they tried using Miller and Kreider on the same line? Seems like they would be strong cycling the puck and along the boards.

Old
12-13-2012, 06:54 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Miller, Thomas and Hrivik seem to come around more a more as the season goes on, looks like they're trying to make a difference every game. That is great to see!

Also seems like something must have been said about job security and going to the ECHL, cus although not perfect, the defense did get their head out of backside and played an overall good game.
Who would be the first call ups on defense? Probably Delisle, who has been good in the ECHL and is under contract to us. They could also extend a PTO to Mike Marcou, who has apparently been solid. Lee Baldwin is down there as well.

Old
12-13-2012, 09:01 AM
Osminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
Who would be the first call ups on defense? Probably Delisle, who has been good in the ECHL and is under contract to us. They could also extend a PTO to Mike Marcou, who has apparently been solid. Lee Baldwin is down there as well.
Not too familiar with who is who in Greenville, let alone their contract status. But seeing that Mgmt. has no problem sending Missiaen down and signing Hince to PTO, I think it did send a message to the current Dmen.

The only REAL keeper on D is Gilroy due to his offensive strength, but he needs to be put together with a stay-at-home dman. Don't think any D man will go down to the ECHL as all they have is 6 healthy with Niemi out indef. and McIlrath still not ready to play.

Any Greenville followers have an idea who would be the first Dmen to get the call up (in case)?

Old
12-13-2012, 09:30 AM
Barnaby

Quote:
Not too familiar with who is who in Greenville, let alone their contract status. But seeing that Mgmt. has no problem sending Missiaen down and signing Hince to PTO, I think it did send a message to the current Dmen.

The only REAL keeper on D is Gilroy due to his offensive strength, but he needs to be put together with a stay-at-home dman. Don't think any D man will go down to the ECHL as all they have is 6 healthy with Niemi out indef. and McIlrath still not ready to play.

Any Greenville followers have an idea who would be the first Dmen to get the call up (in case)?
I know he hasn't been skating for very long but has there been any time frame given on when he might be able to suit up - or at least practice with contact?

Old
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Osminator

Wed was the second lowest regular season crowd in franchise history which was announced as just 1,921 (and they always include all season ticket holders and promo tickets, even if they dont show up)... Hockey is flourishing in Hartford, ey

Old
12-13-2012, 01:12 PM
Trxjw
Bored.

Have to wonder if the Rangers will made a play for another d-man when the CBA is resolved. Prospect pool is getting pretty forward heavy and AHL is dying for an upgrade on the blueline.

Old
12-13-2012, 05:38 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Quote:
I couldn't have said it better. I think Talbot started something ridic. like 11 or 12 games in a row, including all 3 of 3 games in 3 nights... Show how much trust they had in him... ufff. I hate to say it, but Missiaen is too big = slow... and no, his positioning isn't good enough to cover for less speed.

So much for Rangers goalie prospects... 1 is a Jeckyll and Hyde in the AHL (Talbot), 2 are in the ECHL (Missiaen and Stajcer), where one of them can barely crack the lineup (Stajcer). Stay healthy Henrik!

It's not fair to call Talbot a Jeckyll and Hyde. Look at the other two goalies. They gave up two extra goals per game on average and a ridiculously low SV%. And yet neither was seen as a bad goalie for the AHL when the season began. It shows just how bad the defense is.

Talbot is overworked. He plays too many games and faces too many scoring opportunities. On a good team, he would've been having a terrific season, but this is a terrible team. Their only quality defenseman (for the AHL level) is Gilroy, and he can't play defense to save a life.

I like Talbot. I think he has NHL potential. Even in college, every year he played on the worst team in the conference, yet held them together, getting them some wins and even into NCAA where they nearly beat the nation's top-ranked team solely due to his performance.

Hopefully next year's team will be better (Lindberg, MSC, healthy McIlrath, Noreau, maybe Fast, maybe a couple of outside signees), and Talbot will be able to show his worth.

Last edited by Beacon: 12-13-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old
12-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
Have to wonder if the Rangers will made a play for another d-man when the CBA is resolved. Prospect pool is getting pretty forward heavy and AHL is dying for an upgrade on the blueline.
Jason Demers please...

Old
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
dccuse

Going to the whale game tomorrow - what's the best way to get cheap tix?

Closed Thread