HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
skywarp75

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Of course you would accept that, because there's nothing good coming Vancouver's way.

If the package doesn't include Lupul, Grabovski, or Gardiner, or Reilly, then I don't have any interest. We also need a 1st round pick involved.
these leaf fans are so obsessed with the idea that stockpiling young talent is going to build a future winner, but they dont realize that their young guys are simply learning how to lose. they think that giving up some of their limited REAL proven talent, that they will be a worse team.

what they dont realie is what us as Canuck fans have found out. once you have luongo on your team, it allows everyone else to be better at what they do, and it helps attract UFA talent in the offseason. In the locker room, he's a leader and a winner. They have the wrong impression that he's some kind of cancer, and the canucks WANT to get rid of him. it couldnt be further from the truth. we just happen to be confident enough in Cory that moving Lu is an option.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:04 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
these leaf fans are so obsessed with the idea that stockpiling young talent is going to build a future winner, but they dont realize that their young guys are simply learning how to lose. they think that giving up some of their limited REAL proven talent, that they will be a worse team.

what they dont realie is what us as Canuck fans have found out. once you have luongo on your team, it allows everyone else to be better at what they do, and it helps attract UFA talent in the offseason. In the locker room, he's a leader and a winner. They have the wrong impression that he's some kind of cancer, and the canucks WANT to get rid of him. it couldnt be further from the truth. we just happen to be confident enough in Cory that moving Lu is an option.
Exactly. It's convenient to move Luongo for other assets, but if all we are being offered is junk I'd be more than happy keeping Luongo and rolling both goalies. We have been very successful doing that and I have no problem with it.

12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougGilmour93 View Post
I'm not arguing that he (Luongo) isn't the best option, I'm merely saying that he isn't the be all end all.

The offer that I'm more likely to accept is this one...

Bozak + Kadri + Colborne + Blacker

for

Luongo

I wish we could swap out Blacker somehow. That is my sticking point.
Won't cost that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skywarp75 View Post
except that it wont be a low cost to aquire him. the team that aquires him is getting the 2nd half of a hall of fame career, who will end up 2nd or 3rd in all time NHL wins for a goalie. all you need is ownership willing to spend money to win, fielding some talent around him, and you are a playoff team, like Vancouver.
Low cost isn't for the player but for the contract that comes with him.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:08 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Of course you would accept that, because there's nothing good coming Vancouver's way.

If the package doesn't include Lupul, Grabovski, or Gardiner, or Reilly, then I don't have any interest. We also need a 1st round pick involved.
That, is not my proposal. It's from a Vancouver fan.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:11 PM
skywarp75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Won't cost that much.

Low cost isn't for the player but for the contract that comes with him.
and the contract cheats so you get a 6.75mil player for 5.3 per year. once again, you need an onwership group willing to spend money to win for this contract to make sense to you. the fact that you think 7 years away effects anything TODAY is where you have it wrong. But then you are looking at things from the perspective of missing the playoffs 7 years in a row, not being a contender, so I see why you might feel that way.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:17 PM
TheLeastOfTheBunch

vCash: 50
Quote:
Won't cost that much.
I'd replace Colborne and Blacker with a later pick, but we will see.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
I'm not arguing that he (Luongo) isn't the best option, I'm merely saying that he isn't the be all end all.

for

Luongo

This is why I think it is probably fair, you don't want to lose Blacker, I really don't want Coulborne. I am actually also surprised the leafs would give him up as he kind of is your center depth at the prospect level.

This is a deal I would accept, but not like, my thinking is only two pieces that will become anything, on our team.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:21 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
That, is not my proposal. It's from a Vancouver fan.
Well I'm glad it's from a fan and not Gillis. A mediocre 3C (for us), a B prospect, and two C-level prospects does not equate to good value for a top 5 goaltender.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:22 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLeastOfTheBunch View Post
I'd replace Colborne and Blacker with a later pick, but we will see.
I figured it would be Bozak + 2nd, probably a little more so that isn't too far off.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:29 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
I figured it would be Bozak + 2nd, probably a little more so that isn't too far off.
Uhh this is the Luongo thread, not the Stastny thread. Kindly take your Bozak + 2nd offers elsewhere.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Haj

"Value" equals whatever the market is willing to bear.

We will know what Luongo's value is if and when he gets traded.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Yeah, we pass on that. No reason to give up Luongo if it's basically just Bozak.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:31 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
That is absurd. It'll take a hell of a lot more than that. Unless you misspelt Kessel as Bozak.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:31 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
agreed

Old
12-10-2012, 01:35 PM
Numbers

Quote:

for

Luongo

Yep we have finally come an agreement and many fans on both sides agree. Obviously there will be the extremists that want clear winner, but that is the case in faucets of life. Finally some common ground

Old
12-10-2012, 01:38 PM
dave babych returns

Quote:

for

Luongo

I can accept this framework; just swap out Bozak for JVR, Kadri for Gardiner and Colborne for a first round pick.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
sniper81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
Yep we have finally come an agreement and many fans on both sides agree. Obviously there will be the extremists that want clear winner, but that is the case in faucets of life. Finally some common ground
This doesn't make sense as it guts the leafs centre depth.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
ACC1224
Burke was right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
My "faucet" is hot and cold like a lot of these proposals.

The rest makes no sense. A clear winner won't be known because his contract has such a large impact on the return. It's not a question of player value vs player value.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper81 View Post
Aye, plus Vancouver doesn't need depth at center. That is one of Schroeder's biggest obstacles. I don't mind the package but I cannot see it happening.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:49 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Other ways to replenish that depth. Other trades, free agency, plus over seas. We have some good personel overseas that could pluck some talent away and bring them to NA. It would be easy for us to replace the likes of Colborne (with his play of late, underwhelming, even though I realise he's coming off of an injury)

Old
12-10-2012, 01:52 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Thats what I thought too, I would easily swap out Coulborne for a 2nd, Biggs, Ashton, or possibly something else.

Quote:
My "faucet" is hot and cold like a lot of these proposals.

The rest makes no sense. A clear winner won't be known because his contract has such a large impact on the return. It's not a question of player value vs player value.
The leafs would be the clear winner of this trade, and this is coming from a Van fan who would do this trade. You get the best player, and by a long shot. Are any of the players coming back going to make the HHOF? Or be nominated for a major NHL award? Lead the league any any statistic?

Yeah, again if Lui's contract was not an issue, the Bozak Frattin Gardiner, 5OA pick would be an undersell.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:57 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Thats what I thought too, I would easily swap out Coulborne for a 2nd, Biggs, Ashton, or possibly something else.

The leafs would be the clear winner of this trade, and this is coming from a Van fan who would do this trade. You get the best player, and by a long shot. Are any of the players coming back going to make the HHOF? Or be nominated for a major NHL award? Lead the league any any statistic?

Yeah, again if Lui's contract was not an issue, the Bozak Frattin Gardiner, 5OA pick would be an undersell.
Fantastic logic. Selanne is a future HHOF inductee. Maybe you should trade Kassian, Schroeder and 1st for him.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:58 PM
sully1410

If I'm going to take a minute and look at this impartially, which I try to do with most things in my life, I would say that a fair return for Luongo fits into this mold.

A player with top six playing time. A prospect, not necessarily a blue chip... Let me rephrase, not a blue chip. And a 1st round draft pick.

Non of this protected BS...a first round draft pick. It's starting to look like we're going to lose the season...so I understand if its a 2014. It's either a 13 or 14 pick. Not top five protected. Not top ten protected, not conditional that the leafs make the playoffs. You choose what year.

In my mind its Kulemin, Kadri and a 1st for Luongo.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
racerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyflex View Post
Fantastic logic. Selanne is a future HHOF inductee. Maybe you should trade Kassian, Schroeder and 1st for him.
Great logic, lets take a guy who has 5-6 years left of play, and compare him to a guy who has almost retired the last 3 years...

See I can play too.

Compare Lui to what you would pay for a 30 year old center who fits the criteria I stated.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:04 PM
bobbyflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjoe View Post
Great logic, lets take a guy who has 5-6 years left of play, and compare him to a guy who has almost retired the last 3 years...

See I can play too.

Compare Lui to what you would pay for a 30 year old center who fits the criteria I stated.
5-6 years? What guarantee is there? Second, Leafs are no where near being a contender. Why blow our load for an aging player with a long-term contract?

Closed Thread