HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey > OHL

2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 10:18 AM
aresknights

vCash: 500
Ill go with Kitchener as the first team to make a splash in the trade pool.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:46 AM
dirk

I'll say Barrie makes the first move.....Cousins may be the target.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Tim Wallach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post

Well, he's used to being a target.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
barto316

Strome back to Barrie?

Old
12-10-2012, 10:02 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Barrie doesn't need Cousins. They will have to give up too much and not have nearly enough ice time for him. Are you sitting Scheif or Hall down to give Cousins 1st line ice? Also, why risk the environment? Kid's been an ******* his whole life, ask any of the 93's that have played with him or against him since his Quinte days.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:17 AM
ohlnhockeynut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Barrie doesn't need Cousins. They will have to give up too much and not have nearly enough ice time for him. Are you sitting Scheif or Hall down to give Cousins 1st line ice? Also, why risk the environment? Kid's been an ******* his whole life, ask any of the 93's that have played with him or against him since his Quinte days.
ahahah funny but extremely true

Old
12-10-2012, 12:14 PM
LaTenderness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenchedGuy View Post
Well, according to Loosepucks and the Peterborough Examiner, Schoenmaker will not report to the Petes after the trade. He is looking at Wilfred Laurier or possibly other OHL destinations if the right situation comes up.
Who is this kid? Eric Lindros?

That lil whimp wouldn't of made in on the mean streets of Peterborough anyways.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaTenderness View Post
Who is this kid? Eric Lindros?

That lil whimp wouldn't of made in on the mean streets of Peterborough anyways.
20 years old, 4 team in 12 months, not drafted, last place team.....what would you do?

Old
12-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
20 years old, 4 team in 12 months, not drafted, last place team.....what would you do?
That's a no brainer... not even just a last place team, but Peterborough!

Old
12-10-2012, 12:24 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crottenham View Post
Mississauga would be a good spot for him, they have only 2 OA's and could use some help up front.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:01 PM
pipertim

Quote:
Mississauga would be a good spot for him, they have only 2 OA's and could use some help up front.
The day Mississauga is a better place to be then Peterborough it'll be a cold day in hell. (Which does describe Peterborough on some days), HOWEVER Schoenmaker can do whatever he wants -the Petes got screwed on this trade but now we're winning games.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:02 PM
pipertim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
That's a no brainer... not even just a last place team, but Peterborough!
Easy Libbs - Peterborough is awesome.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Crottenham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pipertim View Post
The day Mississauga is a better place to be then Peterborough it'll be a cold day in hell. (Which does describe Peterborough on some days), HOWEVER Schoenmaker can do whatever he wants -the Petes got screwed on this trade but now we're winning games.
For the longest time you could have said that, but today Peterborough's reputation as a primo Major Junior destination is really hurting....sad, but true.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:18 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Easy Libbs - Peterborough is awesome.
The city, yes! Most definitely.

The team... The book "How NOT to Run a OHL Team" features the Petes (and the Otters).

Old
12-10-2012, 02:20 PM
Libbs

Quote:
-the Petes got screwed on this trade
Seems to be a common occurrence the past couple of years.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:30 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Hearing more and more out of Niagara that Strome, Hamilton, Ritchie and Shipley can each be had for the right price.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Missisauga is a garuntee place he would rufuse, There the next team to move. i mean not many players want to play in a builing where you can here a pin drop....He more then likely want London or Kitchener or he will go to school.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:46 PM
pipertim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libbs View Post
The city, yes! Most definitely.

The team... The book "How NOT to Run a OHL Team" features the Petes (and the Otters).
Agreed.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
Hearing more and more out of Niagara that Strome, Hamilton, Ritchie and Shipley can each be had for the right price.
Heard that too. Don't think they can be buyers with all their needs, ie. more scoring and a #1 goalie.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:48 PM
KnightsInsider93

Schoenmakers = Clown

The Game is the same no matter where it is played. If he wanted to play in Kitchener so bad, he would have been better off reporting to Peterborough and then requesting a trade. But now by not even showing up just because they arent the best team makes him look terrible. Why would Peterborough give him what he wants when he can't even show up.

Clearly Schoenmakers isn't serious about the game anymore and because he couldn't even report, that should tell Kitchener enough.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:53 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Heard that too. Don't think they can be buyers with all their needs, ie. more scoring and a #1 goalie.
Niagara can mortgage the future for the present and be buyers easily. They have the forwards and some key defencemen. All they really need is a #1 goalie, and another solid puck moving dman. The East is up in the air.

Niagara can skate and score with London. They just need to be strong defensively and goal wise. London doesnt have any star stud in net.

I say Niagara should go for it.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:59 PM
JSavoire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
Missisauga is a garuntee place he would rufuse, There the next team to move. i mean not many players want to play in a builing where you can here a pin drop....He more then likely want London or Kitchener or he will go to school.
I would agree that he wouldn't report despite Mississauga having some success this year. It's too similar a situation to Petes, only Missy has been much healthier this year.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Schoenmakers = Clown

The Game is the same no matter where it is played. If he wanted to play in Kitchener so bad, he would have been better off reporting to Peterborough and then requesting a trade. But now by not even showing up just because they arent the best team makes him look terrible. Why would Peterborough give him what he wants when he can't even show up.

Clearly Schoenmakers isn't serious about the game anymore and because he couldn't even report, that should tell Kitchener enough.
I'm they trade him because of the brutal trade they did with Windsor, they have to try and make the trade look a bit better at least, i mean Murphy is ripping it apart here in Windsor and we get Lorentz who isent my type a player but he still is usefull especially in shoot outs, and they get Devlin who most spits fans don't like I mean he isnt that good and they get an overager? I still don't get it from a Petes perspective but we won hands down and the Petes GM has to make up for it some how.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:18 PM
KnightsInsider93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
I'm they trade him because of the brutal trade they did with Windsor, they have to try and make the trade look a bit better at least, i mean Murphy is ripping it apart here in Windsor and we get Lorentz who isent my type a player but he still is usefull especially in shoot outs, and they get Devlin who most spits fans don't like I mean he isnt that good and they get an overager? I still don't get it from a Petes perspective but we won hands down and the Petes GM has to make up for it some how.
I get it from a Petes perspective a tiny bit. The one thing i'd say that the Petes have going for them is G Michael Giugovaz. Before the deal he had no help. Now that they have acquired a more defensive minded D in Devlin He has the ability to steal games and he's proven that since the acquisition.

I get Devlin, I don't get Schoenmakers because their primary objective has to be to rebuild and acquiring an OA doesnt do that at all. Shoulda been a Murphy for Devlin swap.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Schoenmakers = Clown

What happens if he reports to Ptbo, asks for a trade to Kitchener, and they deny him? Does he play disgruntled, hurting the team, or does he walk away, and we're in the same position as we are now? Peterborough isn't a situation he's necessarily wanting right now; a lower team that's not likely to make noise. In his last year, he wants to either make noise or head to college. Nothing wrong with that. Brent Sullivan did that with SSM a couple of years ago.

Closed Thread