HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Montreal-philly blockbuster

Old
12-10-2012, 07:10 AM
PATCHESx67

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan52 View Post
What would you think of something like this?
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
PK Subban (basically RFA rights)
(Subban isn't a 1D but @ worst should be a dang good 2D if taught when to button his lip. Talking to someone like Pronger could get him to reach maximum potential.)
no

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:51 AM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by palindrom View Post
Goalie like Price doesn't come along often, once every decade.

He is the best goalie entering the league since Brodeur, Hasek and Roy.
Lundqvist is the best goalie to enter this league in the past decade

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:02 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
Like, no...

ZARTONK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:15 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Goalie like Price doesn't come along often, once every decade.

He is the best goalie entering the league since Brodeur, Hasek and Roy.
right.

so let's make tons of proposals trading away for crap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
i would say so as well

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
If the choice is between keeping Bryzgalov or dumping a ton of assets to get someone else to take him, I'll keep Bryz. He had a rough year last year but it would be an overreaction to move players like Schenn and Hartnell just to move him.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Vikke
FHM 13 researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
If the choice is between keeping Bryzgalov or dumping a ton of assets to get someone else to take him, I'll keep Bryz. He had a rough year last year but it would be an overreaction to move players like Schenn and Hartnell just to move him.
I agree. The difference between Price and Bryz isn't worth losing Schenn and Hartnell for.

Vikke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:58 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
OP is not great for either team.
Montreal needs to just be patient because they have a lot coming up and will be contenders in a couple years if they can develop the prospects but are not there yet and will be looking for younger players.
Philly needs top 4 defense, but PK and Gorges wouldnt available.

If Philly is in win now and there is a season, would Markov be of interest since the knee is healthy and he's playing well in KHL?

To Philly: Markov
To MTL: Voracek

I may be way off, would love a real answer and not something that just says one team gets hosed
That would be like Philly trading Kimmo Timonen for PK Subban. Philly wouldn't do that deal ever.

To clarify: Wouldn't do the Markov deal. They would certainly trade Timonen for Subban.

Snotbubbles is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:17 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
That would be like Philly trading Kimmo Timonen for PK Subban. Philly wouldn't do that deal ever.

To clarify: Wouldn't do the Markov deal. They would certainly trade Timonen for Subban.
terrible analogy

voracek has a career high of 18 goals. 50 points or so, good player for sure. But in your analogy, if markov is timonen, voracek most certainly isn't subban, come on.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:43 AM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
terrible analogy

voracek has a career high of 18 goals. 50 points or so, good player for sure. But in your analogy, if markov is timonen, voracek most certainly isn't subban, come on.
Markov hasn't played in the NHL in 2 years.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:55 AM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Markov hasn't played in the NHL in 2 years.
i feel confuse

What is your definition of ''not playing in the NHL in 2 years" ?

Does your definition of ''not playing in the NHL in 2 years'' include someone who played 20 NHL games in 2 years ?

Would it be correct to say Wellwood didnt play in the NHL yet according to your definition?

Last edited by palindrom: 12-10-2012 at 11:04 AM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 11:05 AM
YuioIklo

vCash: 100
No way from the Flyers, not even close.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
Crymson
Fire Holland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
60 point 2nd line center who is getting better every year and the goalie with probably the most value in the league is worth a lot more than what the OP proposed.

Desharnais is so underrated by everyone including Habs fans, the kid is a magician and will only get better.
No offense, but I believe it is very much a stretch to say that Price is the most valuable goalie in the league.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:20 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
I love Price, but you are 100% right. Sigh...

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeypete49 View Post
Why then would the Habs be willing to move(as you call it) a generational talent in Price? By your account it may be decades before they find another tender with that talent.
To call one of the best GM's in the league insane...well that alone puts doubt in the stability of your commentary above.
Actually, the Habs are NOT willing to trade Price, certain "fans" are. Big difference.

I do NOT think Holmgren is a very good GM. He should have addressed the goalie situation the year the Flyers went to the Cup Finals. He blew it. Then he traded two supposedly untouchable guys for picks and young guys. Then he went out and overpaid for Bryzgalov. He is a decent GM, but is reactionary, not proactive.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price
(Subban isn't a 1D but @ worst should be a dang good 2D if taught when to button his lip. Talking to someone like Pronger could get him to reach maximum potential.)
The Habs laugh at this. That package might get the Habs to listen for Price alone. Adding Subban to it is a joke. Subban IS a #1 defenceman in the NHL. I guess Couturier is a 4th line center? Man, such a foolish comment...

Old
12-10-2012, 01:51 PM
Halpysback

So, just so that we're clear

Price last 3 years - .912, .923, .916 - most untouchable player ever, franchise goalie, takes Giroux++

Bryzgalov last 3 years - .920, .921, .909 - worst contract in the history of the world, getting rid of him takes Giroux++.

Yeah, nothing delusional here at all

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
sully1410

vCash: 50
Any trade that says blockbuster in the title...is a bad trade.

sully1410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:00 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL SMOOTH View Post

Montreal

Carey Price
Dalton Thrower
David Desharnais
3rd Round pick

Philadelphia

Ilya bryzgalov
Brayden Schenn
Scott Hartnell
2013 First Round Pick
2014 First Round Pick
OMG this is horrible i wouldnt do all that for Price alone, when do people like you understand that Price is an Elite goalie right now and has yet to hit is prime...Bryzgalov is a huge cap hit and is not worth it, Id love to have Schenn, hartnell is a big cap hit and is getting old and the two first are LATE first rounders, and then you go ahead and add for Montreal, what a pathetic proposal do you even watch Hockey?

Spitsfan67* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
To Habs:
Bryz
B Schenn
L Schenn
(keep the set together)

To Flyers:
Price

Is that serious? The only significant piece coming our way is B. Schenn, and even then, either Subban or Price are worth much more than him 1 vs 1. Bryzgalov has close to negative value considering his contract. It's like the Luongo situation, except Bryzgalov is nothing close to Luongo in terms of quality of play.

Luke Schenn is a 3rd pairing defenseman. He's young, got some potential, but he's still a 3rd pairing defenseman.

That's the most ridiculous offer up to now.

Lebowski is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:33 PM
palindrom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
So, just so that we're clear

Price last 3 years - .912, .923, .916 - most untouchable player ever, franchise goalie, takes Giroux++

Bryzgalov last 3 years - .920, .921, .909 - worst contract in the history of the world, getting rid of him takes Giroux++.

Yeah, nothing delusional here at all
You know when i sit in the bell centre with my wife and watch my favorite team, my wife often ask me: "Where is the puck ? Do you see the puck? "

And every time: No, i dont see the puck. It is in Price glove. He did make the save.

That's how good he is.

Last edited by palindrom: 12-10-2012 at 02:42 PM.
palindrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:55 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitsfan67 View Post
OMG this is horrible i wouldnt do all that for Price alone, when do people like you understand that Price is an Elite goalie right now and has yet to hit is prime...Bryzgalov is a huge cap hit and is not worth it, Id love to have Schenn, hartnell is a big cap hit and is getting old and the two first are LATE first rounders, and then you go ahead and add for Montreal, what a pathetic proposal do you even watch Hockey?
old or not (30 years old), hartnell just scored 37 goals. granted, that may be an outlier considering his career numbers and G might have something to do with it. but even if he scored 25 i'd still love to have him. and 4.2 for him is NOT a big cap hit.

i understand why montreal fans wouldn't do it, i also understand why philly wouldn't want to trade away their second best forward and (second?) best prospect for a goalie. better to pray bryz finds his way out of the woods.

Quote:
do you even watch Hockey?
best insult ever, you tell him!

Old
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeriHab View Post
OP is not great for either team.
Montreal needs to just be patient because they have a lot coming up and will be contenders in a couple years if they can develop the prospects but are not there yet and will be looking for younger players.
Philly needs top 4 defense, but PK and Gorges wouldnt available.

If Philly is in win now and there is a season, would Markov be of interest since the knee is healthy and he's playing well in KHL?

To Philly: Markov
To MTL: Voracek

I may be way off, would love a real answer and not something that just says one team gets hosed
Maybe we would take Markov as a salary dump. Asking for Voracek is ridiculous. We are not in win now mode. We have one of the best and youngest nucleus of players in the league. Voracek being a part of that.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:25 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
No offense, but I believe it is very much a stretch to say that Price is the most valuable goalie in the league.
We're entitled to our own opinions and ratings of players. Obviously mine is more slanted towards Price than yours would be. That being said, Carey is everything you look for in a goalie to build your franchise around, young, skilled, and has the mental ability to play in a market where you can get booed in the pre-season.

One of very few goalies in the world that most likely would not be eaten up in Philadelphia. The only goalie I would compare in value would be Quick and that's because he's not much older and just did what he did in the playoffs. Otherwise it's a walk.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Hockeypete49
How you like me now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
They wouldn't. The deal is very much in favor of Philly. The "Holmgren would be pretty insane to pass on ..." part.

The best GM in the league? Best at being entertaining sure, but as far as doing a reality check, he didn't exactly win anything with all his moves. In fact the players he traded ended up winning.
You need to read what I said before you write. Where did I say Holmgren was the best GM in the league? I do stand by my statement where I say he is one of the better GM's in the league. No one in their right minds with any knowledge of hockey bases the winners and losers of any deal after just one season. Especially when you are dealing with young players and draft picks. I am very happy for all the x Flyers who won the cup. But as I have stated in the past, I would have driven both Mike and Jeff to the airport after reviewing these deals. And to make my point clear here both Mike and Jeff were players who I liked a ton. I am done here except there is no way the Flyers do this deal period. Try to fleece another team.

Hockeypete49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:33 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
i feel confuse

What is your definition of ''not playing in the NHL in 2 years" ?

Does your definition of ''not playing in the NHL in 2 years'' include someone who played 20 NHL games in 2 years ?

Would it be correct to say Wellwood didnt play in the NHL yet according to your definition?

Is everything taken so literally on these boards?