HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-10-2012, 04:35 PM
xX Hot Fuss

vCash: 500
Yakupov isn't a franchise player. He's a franchise prospect.

Nonetheless, i'm sorry Nick. I know i approved the deal in a PM but i have to change my mind.I cant let you trade away Yakupov for anything short of a HUGE overpayment about 4 hours after posting a brand new Franchise Player Rule.

Yakupov will remain an Oiler for a very long time. Baertschi will remain a Flame as well.

The identities of teams are becoming more watered down and i dont like it. I dont mind depth players moving but teams should retain most, if not all, of their core group of players.

I've been considering this for a long time but havn't wanted to say anything. I'm completely in favor of restarting the league. Erasing all trades, going back to season 1, and heavily enforcing the Franchise Player Rule. 27 Superstar players have been traded away, some multiple times in less than 2 seasons. This isn't what i wanted my league to turn out to be. I sacrificed my original intentions in order to have an active league and its coming back to bite me.

I'd understand why a lot of you wouldn't want to do this, since you've made trades and built your team for the better. I have one of the best rosters in this league though and i honestly wouldn't mind starting over from season 1 again.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:36 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
This makes sense to me.

After all, in NHL 13, M. Klimchuk >>>>>>> A. Galchenyuk.
And yakupov and Murray, and Reinhardt, and strome, and grigs and the list goes on and on and on. I think a player should have to pull a mursak to be considered a franchise player. Like gerbe, mursak and klimchuk should be considered franchise players now, not yakupov shinkaruk Nino Baertschi. None of them have proven jack****

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:37 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

Nonetheless, i'm sorry Nick. I know i approved the deal in a PM but i have to change my mind.I cant let you trade away Yakupov for anything short of a HUGE overpayment about 4 hours after posting a brand new Franchise Player Rule.

Yakupov will remain an Oiler for a very long time. Baertschi will remain a Flame as well.

The identities of teams are becoming more watered down and i dont like it. I dont mind depth players moving but teams should retain most, if not all, of their core group of players.

I've been considering this for a long time but havn't wanted to say anything. I'm completely in favor of restarting the league. Erasing all trades, going back to season 1, and heavily enforcing the Franchise Player Rule. 27 Superstar players have been traded away, some multiple times in less than 2 seasons. This isn't what i wanted my league to turn out to be. I sacrificed my original intentions in order to have an active league and its coming back to bite me.

I'd understand why a lot of you wouldn't want to do this, since you've made trades and built your team for the better. I have one of the best rosters in this league though and i honestly wouldn't mind starting over from season 1 again.
I'd be down, I know I traded away jack Johnson expecting Murray to take over... And well... That didn't happen...

Old
12-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Gary83*

Bartschi + for Giroux.

Just sayin' Calgary GM!

Gary83* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Nick1219

Quote:

Bartschi isn't a franchise prospect as well?!?

How are we supposed to over pay each other? Lol and I sent you that trade idea like 2 days ago before this "franchise player rule" came into effect?

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Price 89

I'm not trading Mursak but you can't claim an 82 overall player is a franchise player! Nyquist Is more of a franchise player than him lol

Price 89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:46 PM
xX Hot Fuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1219 View Post
Bartschi isn't a franchise prospect as well?!?

How are we supposed to over pay each other? Lol and I sent you that trade idea like 2 days ago before this "franchise player rule" came into effect?
You cant. Thats part of the rule. They're both franchise prospects that their respective teams are putting a lot of faith in and would almost never be moved.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
xX Hot Fuss

We've only finished two seasons boys. Lets decide right now if you want to start over from scratch and have the Franchise player rule be used in full effect.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:47 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Price 89 View Post
I'm not trading Mursak but you can't claim an 82 overall player is a franchise player! Nyquist Is more of a franchise player than him lol
How many points does mursak have in his career? He's always on the leader board.

Edit: in 11 games in 3 seasons he's scored 105pts and really in 2 seasons in 87 games he's scored 102 pts and is on pace for another 90+pt season. That my friends is a franchise player

Old
12-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
We've only finished two seasons boys. Lets decide right now if you want to start over from scratch and have the Franchise player rule be used in full effect.
start of from scratch in '13? geez.... honestly i dont think i would have a problem with it but I bet a lot of gm's wouldn't want that.... better to just wait til '14

i mean our league has history now...

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:49 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Well, I just joined, so I'm not going to weigh in here, but...

Isn't that part of the idea behind Sitwell? Same rules + franchise rule, but a fresh start?

EDIT: Also, it is possible that, should the lockout end, EA will finally fix the rosters for GM connected--including both the updated prospect lists, the upgraded POT, and the full roster of players. Right now, you can't use the new rosters in GM Connected, and even if you could, key pieces (Yakupov and Bartschi) are missing. But it is possible that will change in a few weeks. It would seem a bit premature to reboot now, given the possibility, for example, that Grigorenko might be made a meaningful piece.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:52 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Well, I just joined, so I'm not going to weigh in here, but...

Isn't that part of the idea behind Sitwell? Same rules + franchise rule, but a fresh start?

EDIT: Also, it is possible that, should the lockout end, EA will finally fix the rosters for GM connected--including both the updated prospect lists, the upgraded POT, and the full roster of players. Right now, you can't use the new rosters in GM Connected, and even if you could, key pieces (Yakupov and Bartschi) are missing. But it is possible that will change in a few weeks. It would seem a bit premature to reboot now, given the possibility, for example, that Grigorenko might be made a meaningful piece.
They're updating gm Connected tomorrow or tonight. We should wait until that's done and restart.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:53 PM
stevezz

Quote:
Please no lol

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
I can honestly say I would be okay with starting scratch. Like stockey said, lots of teams have interchanged alot of players. If this were to happen maybe we could sim a large part of the first two seasons to speed it up?

I'm happy either way, but looking at a team like the Penguins is a little silly.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
They're updating gm Connected tomorrow or tonight. We should wait until that's done and restart.
Oh really?

Where did you see that?

(Not that I don't believe you. Just curious).

Old
12-10-2012, 04:56 PM
HaroldDruken

The fun of being the Oilers in this game would be to play with at least 3/4 of their big 4. I wouldn't expect someone to keep them all, but I would never expect someone to trade away 3/4 in 2 seasons.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
xX Hot Fuss

what about a total reversal of all trades made in 3 seasons inolving franchise players?

RNH
Carter
Hossa
Lehtonen
Benn
Malkin
Erickson
Weber
Parise
Myers
Bergeron
Hedman
Couture
Zetterberg
Eberle
Neal
etc...all these guys...back to their original teams

Old
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
what about a total reversal of all trades made in 3 seasons inolving franchise players?

RNH
Carter
Hossa
Lehtonen
Benn
Malkin
Erickson
Weber
Parise
Myers
Bergeron
Hedman
Couture
Zetterberg
Eberle
Neal
That's a lot of moving pieces...

Old
12-10-2012, 04:58 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:

RNH
Carter
Hossa
Lehtonen
Benn
Malkin
Erickson
Weber
Parise
Myers
Bergeron
Hedman
Couture
Zetterberg
Eberle
Neal
Does Pittsburgh get the #1 overall pick with Malkin and Crosby on the team?

Old
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
HaroldDruken

I wouldn't want to restart. I would just enforce the franchise player rule on an individual basis.

The Yakupov trade might be close if he hadn't already traded away RNH and Eberle. Now he just looks like someone who's addicted to trading players.

HaroldDruken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Gary83*

Quote:
Oh really?

Where did you see that?

(Not that I don't believe you. Just curious).
I know it said last night on the lower bar in the main nhl menu. Said they were updating between 4 a.m-10 a.m on the 11th. If that fixes some of the "broken" prospects, I think that's something this league should consider. Grigorenko is probably the best example of this, should easily be a 4 if not 4.5.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
stevezz

Just enforce the rule from here on out. Whats done is done

stevezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Price 89

I wouldn't mind starting from scratch, but thats a long shot lol

Old
12-10-2012, 05:03 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevezz View Post
Just enforce the rule from here on out. Whats done is done
says the guy who has Huberdeau now at 87 overall :p

Old
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
Price 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I know it said last night on the lower bar in the main nhl menu. Said they were updating between 4 a.m-10 a.m on the 11th. If that fixes some of the "broken" prospects, I think that's something this league should consider. Grigorenko is probably the best example of this, should easily be a 4 if not 4.5.
that would be amazing!