HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

Bluth Company Trade/Lineup Thread PT 3: Offseason Edition

Old
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
xVx Santillo

vCash: 500
I say you take a vote from everyone to restart or not

Obviously newest members (including myself) shouldnt really have a say?

xVx Santillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I know it said last night on the lower bar in the main nhl menu. Said they were updating between 4 a.m-10 a.m on the 11th. If that fixes some of the "broken" prospects, I think that's something this league should consider. Grigorenko is probably the best example of this, should easily be a 4 if not 4.5.
I'd argue that yakupov and Murray both being 60's 3 seasons is a worse problem, considering they'd both be playing in their first seasons

slightlystewpid420 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
ArGarBarGar
Global Moderator
Defense Please

I don't see the benefit of a restart, personally. Sure it gives people back their franchise players and we can start fresh, but at the same time I think there just needs to be more moderation when it comes to trades, especially for GMs who feel the need to trade away all their top talent.

ArGarBarGar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

jeez, i avoid this thread for a few hours and this happens...

i think installing the franchise rule from here on out is more than enough, no need to restart the league () or return players.

only way i'd be in favour of a restart is if prospects get a realistic boost with this fix that's coming (Galchenyuk is still just a 66, he should be in the high 70s and more than nhl ready, considering how he's playing). even then, i vote no

Last edited by That Habs Fan: 12-10-2012 at 05:13 PM.
That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I think a restart of the league would suck for 2 months. But from February all the way to August I think we'd be much better off.

I can even sim to the trade deadline in both seasons so we don't lose too much time.

xX Hot Fuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Again, a newbie, so take this for what it's worth.

But I think it makes much more sense to reboot the companion, Sitwell, with the franchise rule in, and if they update the prospects. This one has already progressed through two full seasons, has some nice fictional prospects in play, etc.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:14 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary83 View Post
I know it said last night on the lower bar in the main nhl menu. Said they were updating between 4 a.m-10 a.m on the 11th. If that fixes some of the "broken" prospects, I think that's something this league should consider. Grigorenko is probably the best example of this, should easily be a 4 if not 4.5.
I agree

What if we just simmed to the playoffs in both seasons... i would vote for that. But i want that prospect update or no.
its still a hard sell because all the people that want to see the players develop that they drafted.... you think pit wants to restart? probably not.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
Nick1219

Lol why in gods name would we restart the league. Just because people moved players around? I want to get as many seasons done as possible. Not go back to the beginning.

And Fuss...

I sent you what Calgary and I were doing on Saturday night. You approved it Sunday morning. Now Monday afternoon you say "oh jk I won't approve it because of this rule that came into effect Monday morning" lol.

You're missing the troll meme?

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockey View Post
I agree

What if we just simmed to the playoffs in both seasons... i would vote for that. But i want that prospect update or no.
I'd say trade deadline. That was it gives everyone somewhat of a chance to play and then the playoffs.

MY vote is to sim until the deadlines and go from there, thats like a month and we'll be back to season 3.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
xX Hot Fuss

I would want 20 of 30 GMs to approve one of the following...

1) A total reset of the league
or
2) A complete reversal of all trades involving Franchise Players

Old
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post

or
Would that be before of after the apparent update to GMC?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:20 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:

or
I think 1 is the best way to go because a lot of trades were based off those franchise players moving. So some teams might be a little out of whack.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:22 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

do we in fact have confirmation that an update to gm connected is coming? and if so, do we know this won't effect leagues already in progress? it would be amazing if they updated prospects in leagues already in progress as all of us would keep the moves/picks we made and have more accurate representations of our team's real life prospects.

That Habs Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
do we in fact have confirmation that an update to gm connected is coming? and if so, do we know this won't effect leagues already in progress? it would be amazing if they updated prospects in leagues already in progress as all of us would keep the moves/picks we made and have more accurate representations of our team's real life prospects.
any new update to rosters including prospects have 0 effect on already running leagues

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
We don't know either of those things, but I don't see how they could update existing prospect's POT, because that would have affected their developments in year 2-3.

The only way they could, essentially would be to both change their POT and their overall ratings...

But we don't know anything for sure.

Old
xX Hot Fuss

This league is past the point where i have to find 3-4 new GMs every few weeks because guys aren't active. I honestly believe all 30 of us are here for a very long time. Atleast until the remainder of NHL 13.

With that said, looking at the GM list, 15 of 30 GMs in this league have not been a part of the league since the beginning. 15 of 30 GMs have had trades made for the team they're running without their approval. Wouldn't a fresh start be great? From now until August the team is entirely in your hands. We've only finished two seasons and like i said, i can sim up to the trade deadline in each of the 1st two seasons so we dont have to go through all of that time again.

I think a reset would be best, but doing so without a 20/30 approval will never happen.

Old
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
its at the bottom ticker of nhl. Its all its been saying the past day lol Also an update to the IOS app making more features available.

Im running a sim (with GMC) with the new rosters that came out on the 6th to see if there is any difference right now.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
xVx Santillo

Quote:
This league is past the point where i have to find 3-4 new GMs every few weeks because guys aren't active. I honestly believe all 30 of us are here for a very long time. Atleast until the remainder of NHL 13.

With that said, looking at the GM list, 15 of 30 GMs in this league have not been a part of the league since the beginning. 15 of 30 GMs have had trades made for the team they're running without their approval. Wouldn't a fresh start be great? From now until August the team is entirely in your hands. We've only finished two seasons and like i said, i can sim up to the trade deadline in each of the 1st two seasons so we dont have to go through all of that time again.

I think a reset would be best, but doing so without a 20/30 approval will never happen.
Not sure if my vote counts seeing how im one of the guys...but i agree 100% with what you said (and now that im over losing weber and the K bros and actually like my team) i still vote to do what u said Fuss

Old
12-10-2012, 05:26 PM
SUBdrewgANS
born into trouble

Send a message via AIM to SUBdrewgANS
I'd rather not start over.. Sitwell was our start over IMO

SUBdrewgANS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:28 PM
slightlystewpid420

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBdrewgANS View Post
I'd rather not start over.. Sitwell was our start over IMO
Sitwell was more of a chance to use another team in GMC IMO. This is a chance to start over with this team. Which being my favorite team and seeing how I traded away my best player the first like week of the game, I really actually would love a reset.

Old
xX Hot Fuss

I really doubt this GM Connected update is going to have anything drastic change as a result. Maybe a few prospects will have better potential but i think that'd be it. We can wait and see before any decisions are made but it seems like you're expecting this Update to be some wonderful and glorious thing.

Old
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlystewpid420 View Post
its at the bottom ticker of nhl. Its all its been saying the past day lol Also an update to the IOS app making more features available.

Im running a sim (with GMC) with the new rosters that came out on the 6th to see if there is any difference right now.
Wait. How did you attach them?

When I tried to reboot a GMC, I only got the default rosters. Grigorenko was still a 3.0. I tried using both default and current rosters after the update--it didn't seem to make a difference.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Stockey
Let's Go Buffalo!

Quote:

I'm behind whatever the decision is 100%.
If we do vote though I think the "original 15" should be the only people who vote (we've spent the most time on the league...people who have joined recently will most likely be swayed into voting for a restart..)... need 10 to pass.

Stockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Nick1219

Quote:

or
Is there a #3 for doing neither?

Nick1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:31 PM
xX Hot Fuss

It cant just be the originals. Like i said, i think all 30 GMs are here to stay for a LOOOONG time. Their vote is just as important to me. Not to mention, a lot of these new GMs are affected the worst because of bad trades.