HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

#1 Overall in 2013

View Poll Results: Who will be the 1st overall pick in the 2013 draft?
Nathan MacKinnon 213 78.31%
Seth Jones 28 10.29%
Sean Monahan 1 0.37%
Other North American 4 1.47%
Other European 26 9.56%
Voters: 272. You may not vote on this poll

Old
12-10-2012, 03:38 PM
brunosevigny

vCash: 500
For sure teams will take the BPA. The only thing is there is not a consensus #1 pick at this point. Mackinnon seems to be the front runner but the WJC might change this a little. Hopefully HC don't **** this up and select older less talented players. Mackinnon, Jones and Barkov will probably play at WJC which will be very interresting. Hopefully Drouin will crack the line-up too to show the world how offensively skilled he is.

As far as I am concerned right now:
1- Mackinnon
2- Jones
3-Barkov (Pushing real hard for #2)
4- Drouin
5- Monahan
6- Lindholm.

brunosevigny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I think Edmonton proved the last two years that teams are serious when they say they'll take who they think is the best available prospect, regardless of team need.
I see what you are saying but I don't ever think Murray was going to EDM because of need like others were thinking... Yakupov was clearly the #1 in the draft, and I would rate Glachenyuk over Murray as well but that is just me. EDM did the right thing with the pick.

Now lets fast forward to this years draft. Mackinnon is the consensus number one right now and will be once the draft begins (pending injury) an argument can be made for Seth Jones going number one a lot easier in Murray last season.

my opinion

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 04:50 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBlazer View Post
Drouin will at least go #3, over Barkov and Monahan. When it gets down to splitting hairs, scouts will go for the flashier player, with the more offensive upside.

MacKinnon is an incredible skater, but Drouin is a great skater too in his own way. Second best skater in the mix for sure.

Drouin is pretty much great at everything; great skater, great hands, great shot, great playmaking, great IQ... and when I say great, I mean off-the-charts great. You don't find skillsets like that too often in prospects. His scoring rate is also off the charts and he has the best .PPG in the CHL.

I think if he's selected to the WJC, he'll be in the top 3 discussion around the time the tournament is over.
over Monahan, I don't think many will fight you for that claim but I don't see him ever going before Barkov. Barkov is a beast. Scoring almost a PPG against men in a MUCH better league and is already NHL size ready.

Speaking of Barkov, does anyone know if he is willing to come to the states next year if his drafting team wants him to start in 2013. Barkov was born Finnish correct, does he still have to complete his military duties ?

#1 Mackinnon (potential star)

#2 Barkov (I put Barkov #2 because of his position / size / skillset / potential #1 Center / potential top 5 center in the league after his rookie contract

#3 Jones (can go anywhere from 1-4 but Mack and Bark in the same draft is too much for the #1 and #2 GM's to pass up) someone will be thrilled to get Jones at #3 and could end up being the best player from this draft

#4 Drouin. he has launched himself into game changer contention compared to his early rankings this fall in such a short amount of time. Middle of the pack to top 5. Congrats but can't beat out Mack or Bark seeing as they play a more desired position in center.

#5 Ryan Pulock

Last edited by LordFletcher: 12-10-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 05:00 PM
shello
@WShello9

Really can't believe people saying Drouin is underrated and/or will go #1. He's a fantastic prospect but Mackinnon is the better prospect. Drouin went from not known by many to quickly almost overrated this year. He's top 5-10 material for sure but not 1. Kinda a shiny new you affect going on with him.

shello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Bob Cole
Tom ******* Brady

vCash: 50
With the first overall draft pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the Habs are proud to select from the Halifax Mooseheads, Nathan MacKinnon.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:10 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Carmoni View Post
With the first overall draft pick in the 2013 NHL entry draft, the Habs are proud to select from the Halifax Mooseheads, Nathan MacKinnon.
you better pray for a lockout and then pray to be very lucky with those ping pong balls

Last edited by LordFletcher: 12-10-2012 at 05:42 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 05:38 PM
3 Minute Minor

I have a bad feeling that Jonathan Drouin will be ruined for me by these message boards

It's like he's already a Habs prospect

3 Minute Minor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:42 PM
Hero
Buffy is Back

MacKinnon/Jones combining for only 87% of the vote shows 13% of HFB is seriously ill informed.

Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by hero View Post
MacKinnon/Jones combining for only 87% of the vote shows 13% of HFB is seriously ill informed.
Is it that weird that some people may consider a player just a couple points under a point per game in a pro league at the age of 17 with the body and frame of a mature NHLer could challenge for first overall?

I'm gonna vote for Mackinnon, but picking Barkov is not crazy at all.

However the one vote for Monahan is pretty crazy. And to that I say, hi Sean!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Tilander View Post
I think Edmonton proved the last two years that teams are serious when they say they'll take who they think is the best available prospect, regardless of team need.
Not exactly what I meant. But you're right, I meant that more like, because of his big size (either way they're both centers so team need would be filled regardless) defensive play, and offensive prowess some teams may consider him the best prospect available. Or not you know? Who knows? Last January we still thought Grigorenko was a lock for second overall and could even challenge for first.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:09 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Is it that weird that some people may consider a player just a couple points under a point per game in a pro league at the age of 17 with the body and frame of a mature NHLer could challenge for first overall?

I'm gonna vote for Mackinnon, but picking Barkov is not crazy at all.

However the one vote for Monahan is pretty crazy. And to that I say, hi Sean!
Couldn't agree more!

my dream scenario if there is a lockout. My wild get the #1 pick trade it to who ever has the #3 for a boat load of future picks or a top prospect or whatever... and then draft Barkov or Jones with the #3. Jones would make the Wild's D stupid strong with Brodin, Suter, others and possibly Dumba within 2 years.... and or Barkov with Granlund on the 2nd line

back to reality. and for the sake of this poll I really wish Barkov was added to the poll list and removed Monahan but we can just assume that other euro is Barkov

Last edited by LordFletcher: 12-10-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 06:22 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
we can just assume that other euro is Barkov
Pretty much. Even split between "Other Euro" and Jones would be pretty consistent with that.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 06:37 PM
DuckJet
Viva Las Vegas

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
Couldn't agree more!

my dream scenario if there is a lockout. My wild get the #1 pick trade it to who ever has the #3 for a boat load of future picks or a top prospect or whatever... and then draft Barkov or Jones with the #3. Jones would make the Wild's D stupid strong with Brodin, Suter, others and possibly Dumba within 2 years.... and or Barkov with Granlund on the 2nd line

back to reality. and for the sake of this poll I really wish Barkov was added to the poll list and removed Monahan but we can just assume that other euro is Barkov
Wouldn't even be fair.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote