HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Jonathan Huberdeau's last game with Saint John UPD: Suspended 4 games

Old
12-10-2012, 05:09 PM
Incognito

vCash: 500
He shouldn't have gotten anything. There was no "tackling" or intent whatsoever on Huberdeau's part. He simply was struggling to get away from the linseman, who then lost his balance and fell backwards. Hard to blame Huberdeau for that.

Incognito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 05:35 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 390
I really hope BLB Armada get him for not to much. I'd love to see Marcoux in the net, Ouellet on D, Matteau, Clapperton & Huberdeau up front. Memorial cup contender for sure.

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 07:10 PM
Beezeral

I like this guy more and more each day. Can't wait to see him in Florida

Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post
He shouldn't have gotten anything. There was no "tackling" or intent whatsoever on Huberdeau's part. He simply was struggling to get away from the linseman, who then lost his balance and fell backwards. Hard to blame Huberdeau for that.
Like it or not, he never should have resisted the linesmans force.

I in no way am saying what Hub did was "wrong" but can easily understand why he is getting 4 games.

the ref's knee seemed to bend the direction it wasn't, is it just a sprain or did something more serious happen to him...

As for the fight it self and that Huberdeau throws some weight around every once in a while doesn't change my opinion on him. He is an offensive player, very skilled on at that but would get torn apart in a fight in the NHL because his fighting in the Q is down right decent at best. Great prospect for Florida but I am not expecting as much as others do from him in the NHL game. Not sure why but I never really felt like he will transition the best to the NHL. For Florida fans, I hope I am wrong, and easily could / will be

LordFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:25 AM
Bjindaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFletcher View Post
Like it or not, he never should have resisted the linesmans force.

I in no way am saying what Hub did was "wrong" but can easily understand why he is getting 4 games.

the ref's knee seemed to bend the direction it wasn't, is it just a sprain or did something more serious happen to him...

As for the fight it self and that Huberdeau throws some weight around every once in a while doesn't change my opinion on him. He is an offensive player, very skilled on at that but would get torn apart in a fight in the NHL because his fighting in the Q is down right decent at best. Great prospect for Florida but I am not expecting as much as others do from him in the NHL game. Not sure why but I never really felt like he will transition the best to the NHL. For Florida fans, I hope I am wrong, and easily could / will be
He gets 1 game for instigating a fight with less than 5 minutes remain and a margin of 2 or more goals. That isn't really debatable. Clearly, Huberdeau instigated the fight (given that he put so much effort into removing the linesman from in front of him).

Also, he gets 3 games automatically for the abuse of official. By rule, even pulling away from an official is abuse of official. They rescinded the game misconduct for it and turned it into a ten minute misconduct (probably partly because the penalty should have created a 4 minute 5 on 3 as a game misconduct, and the ref only made Saint John serve one penalty).

Bjindaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:43 AM
worraps
Acceptance

vCash: 50
The kid knows how to make an exit, I'll give him that.

worraps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 09:03 AM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Jonathan Huberdeau can't and shouldn't fight. He shouldn't hang his head down low when he's trying to get a grip on Mack Weegar's jersey. You're asking for a huge uppercut when your head is down low.

MichiganWolverines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 12:37 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmdubois585 View Post
I really hope BLB Armada get him for not to much. I'd love to see Marcoux in the net, Ouellet on D, Matteau, Clapperton & Huberdeau up front. Memorial cup contender for sure.
That would be a great team.. Could happen !

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote