HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Notices

Chicago Wolves Discussion - Part VI

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Pseudonymous

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
The stat scouting is killing me... and I'm not buying that pseudonymous01 is actually watching the games given his description of Kassian's play (and Schroeder's for that matter, who is not a perimiter player as he keeps claiming).
stat scouting, i rarely check stats, and ive been rarely bringing them up. you were just criticizing me for giving my opinion based on watching them play and then say all i do is stat scout?

ive watched all the games. what do you disagree with about kassians play? you think hes been giving the same effort most shifts/nights?

you think he hasn't been capable of putting up a point per game? you think its all the wolves system 's fault?

i mean you are sitting here telling me how great schroeder and kassian are playing but completely ignore why they were benched

they are capable of more. yes even in this CRAZY DREADFUL system

Old
12-09-2012, 08:52 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonymous01 View Post
i mean you are sitting here telling me how great schroeder and kassian are playing but completely ignore why they were benched
For not being consistent game to game in a few games prior to that benching according to Arniel himself. He said they had a few up and down games in a row so he decided to send a message to them and the team that you had to show up every night consistently in all 3 zones.

Quote:
stat scouting, i rarely check stats, and ive been rarely bringing them up.

you think he hasn't been capable of putting up a point per game? you think its all the wolves system 's fault?
Ok... Good one.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:54 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
For not being consistent game to game in a few games prior to that benching according to Arniel himself. He said they had a few up and down games in a row so he decided to send a message to them and the team that you had to show up every night consistently in all 3 zones.
Yes they'v had these up and down games all season and schroeder if he didn't have a poor start to the season, would have a point per game. Its the same system. He was able to do well this month, but you blame the system the first month?

These players are capable of more points, its not the system.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:

Ok... Good one.
Are you suggesting me asking you if you think somebody is capable or incapable of hitting a point per game is stat scouting and bringing up stats? Do you even know what stat scouting is?

Old
12-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
The stat scouting is killing me... and I'm not buying that pseudonymous01 is actually watching the games given his description of Kassian's play (and Schroeder's for that matter, who is not a perimiter player as he keeps claiming). Kassian had a very good game last night but had nothing to show for it on the scoresheet. Schroeder had a very good game too and only got 1 lucky assist out of it (+ 2 posts).

I love how the fact that everybody's stats regress on the Wolves is continually overlooked to make a point, sometimes about Schroeder, other times about Kassian. There's so much statistical gymnastics in this thread it's making my head spin.
I have no idea why you're still arguing with him. It's like talking to a brick wall.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:57 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Are you suggesting me asking you if you think somebody is capable or incapable of hitting a point per game is stat scouting and bringing up stats? Do you even know what stat scouting is?
Do I really have to answer this? Really? You dilute everything down to whether they're producing at PPG or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taelin View Post
I have no idea why you're still arguing with him. It's like talking to a brick wall.
I have nobody to take the keyboard away from me and also SOMEBODY ON THE INTERNET IS WRONG! I can't just drop this!!! (I'm hoping people get the reference and I don't look like a crazy person now.)

Old
12-09-2012, 09:00 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
its interesting that two people who share opposite opinions on a player, that one person is like talkign to a brick wall. you dont think i would think the same about him?

or is it because you believe what he believes.

everything posted on this board is based on opinion.

there is no stat to show what a player is capable of or not capable of. sadly nobody can prove anybody wrong, hence the ongoing discussion.

Its not that either of us are hardheaded, we have our opinions and they aren't soft and unless proven wrong, why would we change that opinion.

I dont think what he is saying is out to lunch and i dont think me saying that schroeder or kassian's stats overall play is up to par this season is out to lunch.

but good contribution there bud

Old
12-09-2012, 09:02 PM
Tiranis

Never mind, just delete this. I'm dumb.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:05 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
Never mind, just delete this. I'm dumb.
There is absolutely no way to deliver evidence. You think your arguments of why schroeder and kassian are playing as well as they can hold any more weight than anything i say?

You think i believe my circular reasoning proves anything? No.

I am showing you my thought process and why i believe such things, im not trying to debate anything because neither can be proven.

You mention circular reasoning being my flaw which would what? inevitably leave your process to be correct? Neither prove anything

Old
12-09-2012, 09:08 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
its interesting that two people who share opposite opinions on a player, that one person is like talkign to a brick wall. you dont think i would think the same about him?

or is it because you believe what he believes.

everything posted on this board is based on opinion.

there is no stat to show what a player is capable of or not capable of. sadly nobody can prove anybody wrong, hence the ongoing discussion.

Its not that either of us are hardheaded, we have our opinions and they aren't soft and unless proven wrong, why would we change that opinion.

I dont think what he is saying is out to lunch and i dont think me saying that schroeder or kassian's stats overall play is up to par this season is out to lunch.

but good contribution there bud
You can have different opinions, but if you're going to argue, then you better apply the same standards to both players...

Anyway, I'm not going to get sucked into bickering with you.

Old
12-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Pseudonymous

Quote:
You can have different opinions, but if you're going to argue, then you better apply the same standards to both players...

Anyway, I'm not going to get sucked into bickering with you.
not all players should be looked at with the same standards.

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 12-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.
Old
12-09-2012, 10:39 PM
stevecanuck16

vCash: 50
Quote:
not all players should be looked at with the same standards.
They should be when making direct comparisons.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quick question for you guys: I'll be going to a Wolves game end of this month (live in Chicago area). Other than Kassian who are the top Canuck prospects / guys who might've had a prayer of making the team this year, currently playing in Chicago? Any players in particular besides ZK to keep an eye on?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
windflare

Schroeder, Lack, Tanev, Connauton.

Also keep an eye out for Rodin, Archibald, Pinizotto (sp).

Old
12-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Thanks! Looking forward to it. How did the transition happen... did a bunch of the guys who were formerly in ATL's farm system go to St. John's and a bunch of your guys get shuttled off to Chicago this past summer?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Thanks! Looking forward to it. How did the transition happen... did a bunch of the guys who were formerly in ATL's farm system go to St. John's and a bunch of your guys get shuttled off to Chicago this past summer?
It was the summer before that. The Wolves have been our affiliate for the past 1.5 years and yeah, pretty much how you said it. The Wolves also signed some veterans themselves and Canucks signed some for them (Mancari and a few others last year; Ebbett, Joslin and some others this year).

Pinizzotto and Lack probably won't be playing due to injuries (but I guess they could be since you're going at the end of the month), but the top prospects and top players for the Wolves are Kassian, Schroeder, and Tanev. Then keep an eye out for Connauton, Rodin, and Archibald in the 2nd tier. There's some other guys like Friesen and Sauve but not really worth paying attention to them.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:24 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

I was just going to say the best person to ask would be Tiranis

Old
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Whenever I watch Wolves games I don't see Duco. Is he still with us or am I just not paying attention?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:29 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
Quick question for you guys: I'll be going to a Wolves game end of this month (live in Chicago area). Other than Kassian who are the top Canuck prospects / guys who might've had a prayer of making the team this year, currently playing in Chicago? Any players in particular besides ZK to keep an eye on?
Just to go a little further in depth with Windflare's response:

Schroeder is our best center prospect, and arguably the best forward on the Wolves. He can usually grab your attention a few times per game with a pass, shot or rush up the ice. Has a decent chance of making the Canucks as the 3C when NHL resumes.

Tanev has already made the Canucks, having played in the last two playoffs, and is easily the team's best defenseman. Not a very flashy player, but if you're looking for solid, poised play he's worth keeping an eye on.

Lack is the starting goalie in Chicago and has been great the last two seasons, but has struggled to start the year. Unless we bring in a goalie from elsewhere, he'll be i the NHL backing up Schneider once Lu gets dealt. He's also currently hurt, but will hopefully be back by the end of the month.

Many of us fans thought Pinizotto had earned a spot on the team last year with his excellent training camp before needing season ending shoulder surgery. He's been playing well this year for the Wolves, and would definitely compete for a 4th line spot next training camp.

Rodin, Connauton and Archibald are all fringe prospects, who aren't ready for the big club. They all have NHL upside however, and can be some of the more entertaining Wolves at times, it's just a matter of continuing development for them.

Mallet is also a first year pro who plays with great energy and is a fearsome fighter. He'll be playing for an energy role on the Canucks in time, but isn't exactly a difference maker for the Wolves right now.

Hope they put on a good show for you.

Old
Pseudonymous

I liked Duco's game and if it wasn't for giving other players a chance in our lineup, he would have been resigned. Did well. I think the management was happy with what he showed too

Last edited by Pseudonymous: 12-10-2012 at 05:36 PM.
Old
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzilla View Post
Whenever I watch Wolves games I don't see Duco. Is he still with us or am I just not paying attention?
Nope, not with us anymore. He signed in Austria but I just looked and he hasn't played any games as far as I can tell. Maybe he's injured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Lack is the starting goalie in Chicago and has been great the last two seasons, but has struggled to start the year. Unless we bring in a goalie from elsewhere, he'll be i the NHL backing up Schneider once Lu gets dealt. He's also currently hurt, but will hopefully be back by the end of the month.
Lack just got an MRI this past weekend, I believe, so he might be out for a while depending on the results. Apparently he wasn't recovering as fast as he should according to Gillis' interview on Dec 4th.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:21 AM
Darth Vitale
Dark Mod Powers

Quote:
It was the summer before that. The Wolves have been our affiliate for the past 1.5 years and yeah, pretty much how you said it. The Wolves also signed some veterans themselves and Canucks signed some for them (Mancari and a few others last year; Ebbett, Joslin and some others this year).

Pinizzotto and Lack probably won't be playing due to injuries (but I guess they could be since you're going at the end of the month), but the top prospects and top players for the Wolves are Kassian, Schroeder, and Tanev. Then keep an eye out for Connauton, Rodin, and Archibald in the 2nd tier. There's some other guys like Friesen and Sauve but not really worth paying attention to them.
Quote:

Schroeder is our best center prospect, and arguably the best forward on the Wolves. He can usually grab your attention a few times per game with a pass, shot or rush up the ice. Has a decent chance of making the Canucks as the 3C when NHL resumes.

Tanev has already made the Canucks, having played in the last two playoffs, and is easily the team's best defenseman. Not a very flashy player, but if you're looking for solid, poised play he's worth keeping an eye on.

Many of us fans thought Pinizotto had earned a spot on the team last year with his excellent training camp before needing season ending shoulder surgery. He's been playing well this year for the Wolves, and would definitely compete for a 4th line spot next training camp.

Rodin, Connauton and Archibald are all fringe prospects, who aren't ready for the big club. They all have NHL upside however, and can be some of the more entertaining Wolves at times, it's just a matter of continuing development for them.

Mallet is also a first year pro who plays with great energy and is a fearsome fighter. He'll be playing for an energy role on the Canucks in time, but isn't exactly a difference maker for the Wolves right now.

Great info! Thanks for providing some more details. Will definitely keep an eye out for Schroeder and Tanev too.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Ogie Goldthorpe
Piloted Ogre Hog

Quote:

Mallet's been sent down to the K-Wings of the ECHL. He's off to a bit of a slow start in his rookie pro career, but I have some hopes that he'll put it together and eventually become a good grinding 3rd or 4th liner for the Canucks. Work in progress, definitely.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:10 AM
14s incisor

Quote:
stat scouting, i rarely check stats, and ive been rarely bringing them up. you were just criticizing me for giving my opinion based on watching them play and then say all i do is stat scout?

ive watched all the games. what do you disagree with about kassians play? you think hes been giving the same effort most shifts/nights?

they are capable of more. yes even in this CRAZY DREADFUL system

Haven't your arguments on both Tanev and Schroeder been based on the fact that they're not putting up solid enough numbers in the AHL to be a solid NHL top 4 D, or an NHL centre, respectively.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:09 PM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

theshaves:
Quote:
Sportsnet and the AHL announced that the Chicago Wolves game December 29th vs. the Abbotsford Heat will be broadcasted live on Sportsnet One

Closed Thread