HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 09:12 AM
chasespace

vCash: 500
Finished the campaign the other day and I really enjoyed it. Not much of a multi-player person so that will most likely be the extent of my playtime with it but after that abortion of a story they had me go through in MW3 I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:09 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie10 View Post
Hating to get dropshotted is the same as hating to get quick scoped. Both are skill based maneuvers that cannot be executed by everyone.
quickscoping is simply abusing a glitch in the game that defaults snipers to 99% accuracy before they even get the sight up...that's not skill, thats glitching and game abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Puck Mafia View Post
Quick scoping isn't skill based. The game aims the gun for you.

Dropshotting, just like jumpshotting, are merely playstyles. I might not like you for doing it, but it's a legit strategy.
absolutely agree about the quickscoping, grudgingly agree about dropshotting. its annoying, granted, and i do wish there was a nerf to accuracy for a brief time after diving/dropping, but at least it functions, more or less, the way it should.

again though, quickscoping is just an abuse of poorly designed game coding, its simply glitching for stats

Old
12-10-2012, 10:39 AM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Originally Posted by leova View Post
grudgingly agree about dropshotting. its annoying, granted, and i do wish there was a nerf to accuracy for a brief time after diving/dropping, but at least it functions, more or less, the way it should.
There is a bit of a nerf in this game for accuracy as you're on the way down. The spread is wider than it was in Black Ops. Overall though, it doesn't seem to be any harder.

As an aside, drop shotting doesn't really take much skill. I'd say it takes less skill than quick scoping does, in my personal experience. I can't get quick scoping down, but I had no problem learning how to drop shot.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Izzy
#SloveniaForGold2018

vCash: 270
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingsnut19 View Post
There is a bit of a nerf in this game for accuracy as you're on the way down. The spread is wider than it was in Black Ops. Overall though, it doesn't seem to be any harder.

As an aside, drop shotting doesn't really take much skill. I'd say it takes less skill than quick scoping does, in my personal experience. I can't get quick scoping down, but I had no problem learning how to drop shot.
You use tactical or default?

Old
12-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Swedish Puck Mafia
Break The HeMan Down

vCash: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
I can never get a kill with an executioner
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
I suck with the Executioner. Fired 5 shots at a guy pretty much point blank range and got nothing but hit markers.
It has terrible range, but it works really well in a situation where people usually panic knife or spray their gun wildly.

It's all about knowing when to take the gun out (based on where you are in the map), because if you can get those 5 shots off quickly, then you'll probably survive.

Last edited by Swedish Puck Mafia: 12-10-2012 at 12:16 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 12:27 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

vCash: 69
Okay, what's a good loadout for the Skorpion Evo? The one I'm running is either awful or I just don't know how to play without the Vector, AN-94, Type 25, shotguns, and snipers.

I'm using

Skorpion Evo, Supressor+rapid fire (get the feeling rapid fire is kind of redundant on a gun with such a high rate of fire)
B23R+reflex (just started using it)
Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity
Bouncing Betty
Shock Charge

Basically every time I go up against more than one guy, I'll be able to kill one of em and run out of bullets by the time I get to the second guy and then I'm dead. I find myself effectively killing people more often with the BR. And mid to long range kills are practically impossible with the Skorpion.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:29 PM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Originally Posted by fst6 View Post
You use tactical or default?
Depends. Tactical with a standard controller, default with my scuf. Default on a standard controller is a bad idea for drop shotting.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:32 PM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Okay, what's a good loadout for the Skorpion Evo? The one I'm running is either awful or I just don't know how to play without the Vector, AN-94, Type 25, shotguns, and snipers.

I'm using

Skorpion Evo, Supressor+rapid fire (get the feeling rapid fire is kind of redundant on a gun with such a high rate of fire)
Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity
Bouncing Betty
Shock Charge

Basically every time I go up against more than one guy, I'll be able to kill one of em and run out of bullets by the time I get to the second guy and then I'm dead. I find myself effectively killing people more often with the BR. And mid to long range kills are practically impossible with the Skorpion.
Everything else is up to you, but I'd run extended mags with either laser sight or long barrel.

My evo set up:

Skorpion with Extended Mags and Laser sight

Ghost/ Hardline
Scavenger
Engineer

C4
Shock charge

Perk 1 greed

Old
12-10-2012, 12:50 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

You gotta be kidding me , I put three freaking lock on rockets into an AGR to get the challenge and its still up ..... What a joke

Old
12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
hoss75

Another logical 'fix' would be to make stabbing require multiple swipes if your opponent has already shot you.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
You gotta be kidding me , I put three freaking lock on rockets into an AGR to get the challenge and its still up ..... What a joke
That challenge is a *****. It's so rare that an enemy calls in an AGR in the first place, then you have to find it (without dying) AND destroy it. I got really lucky. I fired an entire clip into it with the PDW I think, died a bunch of times, found it two minutes later and fired a rocket that killed it with the FHJ. I don't know if I was the only player on my team to damage it, but I got the final kill (luckily).

Old
12-10-2012, 01:31 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:

I'm using

Lightweight
Toughness
Dexterity
Bouncing Betty
Shock Charge

Might just be me, but I cannot use rapid fire on the Skorpion. If there's such a thing as firing too quickly, that would be it. Seemed like I'd fire an entire clip into a player in a matter of seconds and it wouldn't register more than half of them.

Old
12-10-2012, 01:39 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline Bomber View Post
Might just be me, but I cannot use rapid fire on the Skorpion. If there's such a thing as firing too quickly, that would be it. Seemed like I'd fire an entire clip into a player in a matter of seconds and it wouldn't register more than half of them.
Exactly. i thought by doing that I'd only be exploiting an already deadly feature and making up for my lag delay( Honestly, I'm not exactly sure why I added the suppressor. I play such a run and gun style I don't really need it) Double kills are almost impossible and triple's are out of the question. I actually managed to sneak up behind 3 guys. Hip fired into their backs and since I was spraying left to right to spread the damage, I managed to not kill a single one and I got owned by a shotgun on the reload.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:11 PM
CoopALoop

Quote:
Tell me about it. That's the only challenge I have remaining to get the Gold AA Launcher.

I can't for the life of me get the kill on an AGR with it. Pretty damn frustrating.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Lebowski

Really been enjoying hardcore TDM. The SVU sniper works is baws on Hardcore. One shot kill everything, no recoil, high firing rate.

It seems like the latest patch took out re-spawning delay on hardcore TDM, which is great. The one thing I hate is the new probation thing. Will I appreciate the effort they've put into reducing rage quitting and such, it's just borderline retarded to put us into probation when you either get disconnected or the host rages quit. I hope they'll fix that soon enough.

Old
12-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

vCash: 50
The AGR challenge was easy for me. The one I'm struggling with is the blow up 10 enemy controlled scorestreaks.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Anyone get real creative with their emblem? I know there are tons of "how to" videos that show you how to create Spongebob characters or Kirby or yadda, yadda, yadda.

I attempted to do the Wild logo. It's certainly not the most polished emblem out there, but I figured since the vast majority of people looking at it wouldn't know what it was even if it was polished (and it's close enough to be recognizable to hockey fans).

I'd post it here, but I have no idea how to (if it's even possible) show the CoD profile offlien.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:32 PM
gimme an olands
wha

i was really hoping the knife would only be available as a primary or secondary weapon.

i hate being panic knifed

Old
12-10-2012, 06:31 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Anyone get real creative with their emblem? I know there are tons of "how to" videos that show you how to create Spongebob characters or Kirby or yadda, yadda, yadda.

I attempted to do the Wild logo. It's certainly not the most polished emblem out there, but I figured since the vast majority of people looking at it wouldn't know what it was even if it was polished (and it's close enough to be recognizable to hockey fans).

I'd post it here, but I have no idea how to (if it's even possible) show the CoD profile offlien.
can't you look up your profile online? maybe you could take it from there

also I heard that there was skill based matchmaking in this game. What is it based off of? K/d? w/l? score per minute?

Old
12-10-2012, 06:33 PM
DuckJet
#KESBAE

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme an olands View Post
i was really hoping the knife would only be available as a primary or secondary weapon.

i hate being panic knifed
The default knife? When has it ever been a primary or secondary weapon before this game? I know you get a knife as your secondary if you don't pick a secondary weapon. But...R3 has always been the panic knife/tac knife/ballistic knife stab or slash button

Quote:

I managed to do the Ducks logo by memory. Only part is, the black background egg shape at the right end of the webbed D can't be sized or formatted to correctly make a seamless Ducks D so there's two rigid bumps near the front.

The wild one could be a bit challenging if you're trying to be accurate with all the coloring and what not.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:35 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
can't you look up your profile online? maybe you could take it from there

also I heard that there was skill based matchmaking in this game. What is it based off of? K/d? w/l? score per minute?
Based off of who likes dogs and who likes cats .

Old
12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

Quote:
Based off of who likes dogs and who likes cats .
It seems like it, the skill level tends to range from lobby to lobby so drastically. At least they all like dogs though

Also people going into objective gametypes solely to get kills is getting very annoying, especially in domination and demolition. Also it seems my teammates don't realize that if you don't cap the b flag (especially on Nuketown) then the whole team gets spawn trapped and I am forced to run to the b flag time and time again.
sometimes... sometimes

makes playing solo infuriating sometimes

Last edited by LPH: 12-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 07:35 PM
Leafs at Knight
Fire Burn the Ice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPtxLmOe8yw

Old
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Kurdt Kobain
1967-1994

vCash: 120
Quote:
That basically sums up the multiplayer in this game for me. I have never been more annoyed with a game than with this.

I can't even begin to imagine how many times I've been killed, respawned in the same spot (without tactical insertion), and then killed again by the same person. It either spawns me in the same spot or it spawns me in a group of enemies who then kill me upon sight no matter how many times I shoot them.

And to top it off, I was playing at Drone earlier. I was sniping on the hill with all the trees/grass looking down at the little cross-bridge, and hid behind a tree so I could call in my RC-XD and I was shot.. the bullets went through the tree, giving off the sound of metal hitting metal??

Old
12-10-2012, 08:30 PM
Blueline Bomber
Expectations - high

Quote:
I managed to do the Ducks logo by memory. Only part is, the black background egg shape at the right end of the webbed D can't be sized or formatted to correctly make a seamless Ducks D so there's two rigid bumps near the front.

The wild one could be a bit challenging if you're trying to be accurate with all the coloring and what not.
Actually, the coloring is fine. And I've got the sun, the star eye, the river mouth and the trees. It's the outside shape that's a little wonky. Still, it's grown on me.

Closed Thread