HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

More Luongo Talk

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 08:06 PM
MISC*
Negged.

vCash: 500
Hammuis - BXA

Edler - Subban

Ballard - Garrison

Makes me wet.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:07 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Send a message via AIM to y2kcanucks
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Hammuis - BXA

Edler - Subban

Ballard - Garrison

Makes me wet.
I would go with something like this:

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Garrison-Subban
Ballard-Corrado/Connauton

and look to move Edler for a top 6 forward.

12-10-2012, 08:07 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcanucks View Post
Leafs are essentially getting Luongo, Raymond and Schroeder for Gardiner and a 2...that's a little much. Take out Schroeder and I think it's more reasonable.
Don't care. Worth it for Subban-Edler line.

Doesn't matter what the Leafs get. It's what the Canucks get.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:08 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Don't care. Worth it for Subban-Edler line.

Doesn't matter what the Leafs get. It's what the Canucks get.
Edler-Subban would get eaten alive defensively, but Garrison-Subban would probably be as dynamite as Garrison-Campbell was.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
JayBeautiful
Nature Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kack zassian View Post
In all fairness I think everyone has agreed on the Bozak + Kadri + + framework.
(although I would be willing to swap in Connolly for Bozak if it meant a bit of an uograde on the +'s)

Personally I would want to try for Frattin + Finn, but Leafs fans were divided on it.

I dont have any interest in Colborne (he would be behind Kadri and Schroeder fighting for 1 roster spot. Also leaves Toronto with no youn center prospects.
In all fairness I know everybody hasn't agreed on the Bozak + Kadri ++ framework unless the ++ is a 1st and JVR / Gardiner / Reilly.
The Canucks already have enough 2nd / 3rd line tweeners (Bozak)we don't need anymore and Kadri under AV would get a cup of coffee in the NHL and then he's a career AHLer.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Edler-Subban would get eaten alive defensively, but Garrison-Subban would probably be as dynamite as Garrison-Campbell was.
Sign Edler and trade him for ROR.

Texting Gillis right now via potato.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:13 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Judging from how Leafs fans have felt about dealing Gardiner for Luongo in the past, I don't think changing it up so he goes to a division rival would make it any more appealing.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Judging from how Leafs fans have felt about dealing Gardiner for Luongo in the past, I don't think changing it up so he goes to a division rival would make it any more appealing.
Lu
Raymond
Schroeder

Is a legit package for Gardiner and a 2nd

Old
12-10-2012, 08:16 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
Quote:
Lu
Raymond
Schroeder

It's not about the value, I mean personally I think Luongo has more value than Gardiner.

But it's like with Nash. Guys like Kreider were off the table, just because.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:19 PM
Bourne Endeavor
( _)>⌐■-■ (⌐■_■)

vCash: 13357
Quote:
Lu
Raymond
Schroeder

Most would only consider Gardiner if Schneider is who they get back. Regardless, Montreal doesn't touch that proposal. They'd want what Vancouver is not going to give up.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:20 PM
MISC*
Negged.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Most would only consider Gardiner if Schneider is who they get back. Regardless, Montreal doesn't touch that proposal. They'd want what Vancouver is not going to give up.
Gardiner
Tanev
Leafs 2nd
Nucks 2nd

Not worth Subban? I think it's close.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:24 PM
Spazmatic Dan
The Circle of Leaf

Quote:
Y2K has unrealistic expectations, or rather, extremely high ones.

I'd probably want a little more added to Gardiner and as van mentioned, he would need to be flipped for a winger. Although, I wouldn't be adverse to moving Edler in that scenario to net a better return.
Oh I realize his expectations are high. He's unwavering, though, have to give him that.

Keeping this a Luongo thread, options #3 and #4 in your list interest me most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numbers View Post
In option 3 why do you need more salary going? Who are you signing to use this extra space? Have you checked capgeek where you currently are by acquiring Luongo and trading Bozak? I don't think you have done your research.
Approximately $67 million or so? I'd be surprised if that wasn't above the cap if the season resumes.

But hey, I dunno. I guess salary doesn't have to go back if the Leafs can use an amnesty buyout or waivers. $4 million seems like a pretty good chunk to take on for a team that high in salary though.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:25 PM
Seventeen Twos

vCash: 450
Quote:
You're right. Kulemin and a 1st won't be sent for Luongo. I would do a swap of Kulemin and Raymond probably, just to give each of them a change of scenery, but I don't value Kulemin any more than I would Raymond.

Your proposal is laughable though. Luongo will be traded for a hell of a lot more than that, or else the Canucks will be very happy to hold on to him.
Leafs have zero interest in swapping kulemin for raymond. ZERO. Hell, I wouldn't do kulemin for Raymond and a vans 1st. Seriously.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:29 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventeen Twos View Post
Leafs have zero interest in swapping kulemin for raymond. ZERO. Hell, I wouldn't do kulemin for Raymond and a vans 1st. Seriously.
That's fine then. I wouldn't give much more than Raymond for Kulemin as Kulemin really isn't an upgrade. But I respect that you value size over speed in this instance.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:32 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
That's fine then. I wouldn't give much more than Raymond for Kulemin as Kulemin really isn't an upgrade. But I respect that you value size over speed in this instance.
Maybe he just values someone that can stand on his feet for more than 4 seconds at a time? Maybe he values someone that doesn't only use his speed to skate around in circles in the offensive zone and not know how to pass?

Old
12-10-2012, 08:34 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by luongo321 View Post
Maybe he just values someone that can stand on his feet for more than 4 seconds at a time? Maybe he values someone that doesn't only use his speed to skate around in circles in the offensive zone and not know how to pass?
You realize that Kulemin has only 6 more assists than Raymond over the past 3 years, while playing a lot more games right?

This is exactly why a Kulemin for Luongo trade doesn't work. Kulemin is grossly overrated.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:38 PM
luongo321

vCash: 50
Quote:
You realize that Kulemin has only 6 more assists than Raymond over the past 3 years, while playing a lot more games right?

This is exactly why a Kulemin for Luongo trade doesn't work. Kulemin is grossly overrated.

lol, just looked at kulemin's stats. man he ****ing sucks!

I should have been a bit more specific. Raymond never passes when he is skating around the offensive zone in circles. It is as if he is just trying to play keep away and avoid being hit. It is strange.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Seventeen Twos

Quote:
Thank you. Back to the issue of luongo. I understand that the bucks are looking for a top 6 winger and possibly a 3c. In which case we have seen deals around Bozak and Kadri. TBH this would really hurt the leafs C depth for this year but would be worth moving forward with if we can find another centre elsewhere. Also it seems like there is little interest in MacArthur, although I'm not sure why. Very serviceable player. Otherwise I have seen PMDs in the proposals. So if you were to prioritize, what are the most urgent positional needs? If it is winger, then Kadri and McA are the best we can do in a package, otherwise it will be lupul and a small +. JVR is an outside possibility but unlikely. Don't see Burke flipping him and probably not held in high regard in van.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:41 PM
Seventeen Twos

Quote:

Overrated or not, he is highly valued on the leafs. Also, 100% of the fans believe he will bounce back. As mentioned before, he is a complete player, something that the leafs really lack. If we had more hard nose guys with skill like him I could see him being expendable, but currently we do not.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventeen Twos View Post
Thank you. Back to the issue of luongo. I understand that the bucks are looking for a top 6 winger and possibly a 3c. In which case we have seen deals around Bozak and Kadri. TBH this would really hurt the leafs C depth for this year but would be worth moving forward with if we can find another centre elsewhere. Also it seems like there is little interest in MacArthur, although I'm not sure why. Very serviceable player. Otherwise I have seen PMDs in the proposals. So if you were to prioritize, what are the most urgent positional needs? If it is winger, then Kadri and McA are the best we can do in a package, otherwise it will be lupul and a small +. JVR is an outside possibility but unlikely. Don't see Burke flipping him and probably not held in high regard in van.
Bozak and Kadri isn't acceptable for Luongo. The return just isn't good enough.

MacArthur isn't an upgrade on Higgins, Booth, Raymond or Hansen either, so no interest there.

I would have interest in Lupul + 1st round pick, or a deal around JVR + something.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
Numbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spasmatic Dan View Post
Oh I realize his expectations are high. He's unwavering, though, have to give him that.

Keeping this a Luongo thread, options #3 and #4 in your list interest me most.

Approximately $67 million or so? I'd be surprised if that wasn't above the cap if the season resumes.

But hey, I dunno. I guess salary doesn't have to go back if the Leafs can use an amnesty buyout or waivers. $4 million seems like a pretty good chunk to take on for a team that high in salary though.
Both sides in CBA negotiations have said Cap will remain unchanged this year and change next. Got to keep up to date with the news if you are going to make comments on this subject. Leafs will have 3 million in cap space in the given scenario.

Concensus package:

Bozak
Kadri
Colborne
Blacker

For

Luongo

Old
12-10-2012, 09:19 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Both sides in CBA negotiations have said Cap will remain unchanged this year and change next. Got to keep up to date with the news if you are going to make comments on this subject. Leafs will have 3 million in cap space in the given scenario.

Concensus package:

Bozak
Kadri
Colborne
Blacker

For

Luongo
Consensus from who?

Dont believe Blacker or Colborne are targets....actually should say I hope they aren't.

Why would Vancouver want these guys?

I have a hard enough time figuring out why Bozak (UFA to be) and Kadri (not waiver exempt after this year) are targets.

These packages are semi-fun to debate (only because we've got no other hockey to talk about), but they don't mean much.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:20 PM
VasDimops

Quote:
Sigh, so many errors in a single post.

For starters, no Luongo did not request a trade. He has only given his blessing if Gillis wishes to do so. People have made far too big a deal over a baseless remark that meant nothing. What Lu has said is he would be happy to stick around if the Nucks asked. Lu is not and has never demanded a trade. Can we bury this now?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIJf5maQtJY

Quote:
Higgins is defensively superior, has much stronger work ethic and has been more consistent during his tenure in Vancouver. Last season he popped 43 points despite being on the third line at least have the season, which itself was defensive minded. The difference between him and Kulemin is arguably negligible however you are severely overrating Kulemin. 90% of the league equates to twenty seven teams. He would not crack the first line on half, never mind twenty seven.
90% may have been high, but I stand by my statement that Kulemin could fit in on 'most' teams first line. He is a great complimentary player with whoever he lines up with.

Quote:
There is absolutely no way we trade Luongo for scraps. Get over it. See how easy that was? Why does your claim have any more creditability than mine?
I never said my claim has more credibility (check your spelling). It is my opinion. I also said I wouldn't accept that deal if I was a Vancouver fan. It's a tricky situation with the contract and all.

Quote:
So what, Kadri+Blacker+2nd? If that is your offer, we will simply keep Luongo.
You are just repeating what I said?

[/QUOTE]Evidently, you refuse the offers posted in this thread. Thus, I cannot see why you bother posting.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for posting. But then again, aren't you doing the same thing?

-----

I don't understand why everyone is getting so hostile. I respect your opinion and your posts. It's nice to know how certain fan bases value their players. Nothing to get worked up about.

Obviously, we disagree on certain issues. What we both agree on, is Luongo is an elite goalie. One of the top goalies in the league. Im pretty certain you can agree with me that his contract issues, and NTC devalue him at least a little bit? I also think his public statements that he asked for a trade devalues him even more, but you may not think that. And again, I respect that.

It's a very interesting situation.

Serious question: If this trade eventually gets done, do you think both fan bases will be happy?

Old
12-10-2012, 09:23 PM
y2kcanucks
Cult of Personality

Quote:

Concensus package:

Bozak
Kadri
Colborne
Blacker

For

Luongo
Consensus from who? If Gillis accepts that package I will be calling for him to be fired on the spot. Luongo is worth a hell of a lot more than that crap.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:31 PM
DougGilmour93

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Uhh... that's not all you can go on. Believe it or not there's more to evaluating prospects than stats.
Sorry, when i said stats, I mean stats, like all of them, not just points.

Closed Thread