HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > Canadian Junior Hockey
Canadian Junior Hockey Devoted to the CHL (OHL, QMJHL, WHL), CJAHL, and its leagues

CCHL 2012-2013 season - part II (Mod warning in Post 30)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-10-2012, 09:28 AM
  #776
ZebraCritic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
I decided, as one poster suggested to take in a CP game so that I might give a first hand account of one of their games if I was going to comment on them.

It's funny how posters views on here differ wo widely, for those who seem to have taken the same game in. Coast to Coast felt it was a VERY PHYSICAL game and Grabbers thought it was not??

the game I watched was physical (at times) with some thunderous hits....poor Johnston for the Raiders was on the receiving end of 4 or 5 huge hits, although to his credit he did land 1 himself along the stand side boards....but he was picking himself up more than he was skating it seemed.....Goaltending on both side impressed me and Zawad recieved the benefit of alot of post and crossbars...Oneil was good on his angles and the Rodier goal should never have counted as there was 2 Raiders in the blue paint when and if the puck crossed the line...Oneil never had a chance to make a play on the puck...

I will agree with Grabbers that the reffing was "odd' they let alot of BS go, especially in the crease and called stuff that had no effect on the play....such is the norm in the CCHL with regards to reffing....I will say at least they didn't make a phantom call in the 2nd half of the 3rd to effect the outcome....they let the players decide it in the end, which is refreshing...

As far as Summers...the Kid is crazy good for a 16 yr old and plays with a poise of a kid of 19 or 20...Good game for my money!

ZebraCritic is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 11:51 AM
  #777
CoasttoCoast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by upinarms View Post
It appears you were at both games today. You seem to know what went on at both of them. Were you really at either?
Actually, the first part of my reply was a response to "old nucks" comment
wouldnt have bet on the bears and raiders to both lose today. Both teams I had seen recently but not Smith Falls yesterday.
My game summary comments for the Nepean vs CPC game yesterday,the game I was at, was clearly separated from the first part, and I started by Nep vs. CPC today-, or something like that.
If you read it, there are no specifice references to the Smith Falls game, yesterday.


Last edited by Majik1987: 12-10-2012 at 04:22 PM. Reason: I saw the Raiders yesterday; no need
CoasttoCoast is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 01:07 PM
  #778
hardfacts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrister82 View Post
You mean JC was pissed at the older Edwards and told him to take his gear off??
Has this not happened before??
Looking at the box score...Edwards took a 2 min unsportmanlike conduct along with a roughing penalty...to put his team down 4 mins....Im sure this is why JC sent him off....

hardfacts is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 01:10 PM
  #779
hardfacts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Very interesting to read everyones comments on the Kings...i wanted to leave my opinion for later to see how the team would respond.....SM is no SK...but you cant be with a demanding guy for 5 years and not become a better coach and understand the team culture. SM is a smart guy who will do a good job...and it looks like he is off to a good start...congrats SM....

hardfacts is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 01:23 PM
  #780
BackBringCam
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Kemptville
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Very interesting to read everyones comments on the Kings...i wanted to leave my opinion for later to see how the team would respond.....SM is no SK...but you cant be with a demanding guy for 5 years and not become a better coach and understand the team culture. SM is a smart guy who will do a good job...and it looks like he is off to a good start...congrats SM....
I guess we'll see when it's Nepean, Ottawa or SF's, not Gloucester (a brutal givaway by Ouimet with 28 seconds left, secures the 1 goal victory) or Kemptville they are playing.

BackBringCam is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 02:39 PM
  #781
Grabbers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardfacts View Post
Looking at the box score...Edwards took a 2 min unsportmanlike conduct along with a roughing penalty...to put his team down 4 mins....Im sure this is why JC sent him off....
Ok....well I'm not going down that road again.

Glad to hear he wasn't hurt. Especically becuase he will play against the Colts, Jr. Sens and PLK later this week. That's a tough sked for CP - and with one win in their last four or so they will need a big performance from everyone.

Thanks for the reply.

Grabbers is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
  #782
Grabbers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ottawa, On.
Country: Canada
Posts: 213
vCash: 500
16 Year old D-man Summers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZebraCritic View Post
I decided, as one poster suggested to take in a CP game so that I might give a first hand account of one of their games if I was going to comment on them.

It's funny how posters views on here differ wo widely, for those who seem to have taken the same game in. Coast to Coast felt it was a VERY PHYSICAL game and Grabbers thought it was not??

the game I watched was physical (at times) with some thunderous hits....poor Johnston for the Raiders was on the receiving end of 4 or 5 huge hits, although to his credit he did land 1 himself along the stand side boards....but he was picking himself up more than he was skating it seemed.....Goaltending on both side impressed me and Zawad recieved the benefit of alot of post and crossbars...Oneil was good on his angles and the Rodier goal should never have counted as there was 2 Raiders in the blue paint when and if the puck crossed the line...Oneil never had a chance to make a play on the puck...

I will agree with Grabbers that the reffing was "odd' they let alot of BS go, especially in the crease and called stuff that had no effect on the play....such is the norm in the CCHL with regards to reffing....I will say at least they didn't make a phantom call in the 2nd half of the 3rd to effect the outcome....they let the players decide it in the end, which is refreshing...

As far as Summers...the Kid is crazy good for a 16 yr old and plays with a poise of a kid of 19 or 20...Good game for my money!


.......

First time I've seen or really focused on him was yesterday and I can see what people like. He plays beyond his 16 years of age and looks confident - certainly not out of place. He's had a real run on points of late as well (as per pointstreak and league awards).

If anything I would note that he is not fleet of foot when skating forward. More than twice yesterday he was passed going back for the puck by a hard skating forward. It is something he will need to work on over the next year. Having stated this - I am sure that the Generals would be happy to have him in their lineup right now (and likely were not happy about his committing to a D1 program so early).

Grabbers is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
  #783
wrister82
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 21
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grabbers View Post
[/B]

.......

First time I've seen or really focused on him was yesterday and I can see what people like. He plays beyond his 16 years of age and looks confident - certainly not out of place. He's had a real run on points of late as well (as per pointstreak and league awards).

If anything I would note that he is not fleet of foot when skating forward. More than twice yesterday he was passed going back for the puck by a hard skating forward. It is something he will need to work on over the next year. Having stated this - I am sure that the Generals would be happy to have him in their lineup right now (and likely were not happy about his committing to a D1 program so early).
The Generals will try and make a pitch I am sure the commitment is just verbal at this point. Lots of things can change. But that's a real good position to be in for him

wrister82 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 03:46 PM
  #784
gusfring
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 5,973
vCash: 500
I heard Bayliss had a tough time in the fight.


Last edited by gusfring: 12-10-2012 at 03:52 PM.
gusfring is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 04:57 PM
  #785
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Where's RIVERS ? Durocher only has 5 goals , for an NHL draft pick that's pretty bad
Not sure what Gunner will do now, but I don't think it came as a surprise that he has had enough. Anyone that watches this team knows that he has never really been given a fair shake, and I guess that took a toll. I believe Brind Amour started four or five in a row, played probably one good game----Rivers starts against Cumberland, plays really well as Gloucester should have been completely blown out, and then they go back to Brind Amour.

There is a heck of alot going on with Gloucester right now( which seems to happen every year) and I am sure the quitting is not done, and I am sure they will also be losing a top notch player.

As for Durocher---his effort has improved from the beginning of the year, and sometimes you see how skilled he could be----but it really doesn't translate into anything. It would be interesting to see him on a better team and see if a change in environment helps him out.

EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 05:07 PM
  #786
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Make that-----has lost a top player.

EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 05:27 PM
  #787
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I heard Bayliss had a tough time in the fight.
I'm guessing you didn't see it. Baylis landed a solid punch early and then was taken to the ice. Not sure that Vazquez landed a good punch. Not a great fight by any means.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 08:12 PM
  #788
dirk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 222
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Make that-----has lost a top player.

Can you share who that player is?

dirk is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 08:43 PM
  #789
MacM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
Not sure what Gunner will do now, but I don't think it came as a surprise that he has had enough. Anyone that watches this team knows that he has never really been given a fair shake,
Didn't Rivers get the lions share of the games until they pick up Brind'Amor? Wasn't that his chance?

You are always going to try to improve your team. Why pass on Brind'amour if he was available? Clearly they think the 1-2 now is better than the 1-2 they had.

MacM is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 09:13 PM
  #790
Macker9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk View Post
Can you share who that player is?
Rivers, and now most recently Boivin going to the Q for good

Macker9 is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 09:44 PM
  #791
EasternOntario Fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacM View Post
Didn't Rivers get the lions share of the games until they pick up Brind'Amor? Wasn't that his chance?

You are always going to try to improve your team. Why pass on Brind'amour if he was available? Clearly they think the 1-2 now is better than the 1-2 they had.
He pretty much split time with the other goalie---one in, one off---so I am not really sure thats giving someone a decent shot at the number one. I am not saying he should have been number one, all i said was you could see it coming that he would probably want out of Gloucester. I am sure he would have probably felt differently if Brind Amour was playing well and winning the odd game, but 0-5 with an almost 5GAA and keep getting starts, I think that says exactly how Gloucester viewed Rivers. Probably about 12 guys quit already, and probably more to come---unbelievable.

Congrats to Boivin for reaching a higher level,best of luck. Hope it isn't true that Rangers were refusing to let you go-------I guess its not about player development lol.


Last edited by EasternOntario Fan: 12-10-2012 at 09:57 PM.
EasternOntario Fan is offline  
Old
12-10-2012, 10:26 PM
  #792
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasternOntario Fan View Post
He pretty much split time with the other goalie---one in, one off---so I am not really sure thats giving someone a decent shot at the number one. I am not saying he should have been number one, all i said was you could see it coming that he would probably want out of Gloucester. I am sure he would have probably felt differently if Brind Amour was playing well and winning the odd game, but 0-5 with an almost 5GAA and keep getting starts, I think that says exactly how Gloucester viewed Rivers. Probably about 12 guys quit already, and probably more to come---unbelievable.

Congrats to Boivin for reaching a higher level,best of luck. Hope it isn't true that Rangers were refusing to let you go-------I guess its not about player development lol.
Out of the games I have seen I think Rivers deserves the starting job. I also think he is much better than brindamour

Do you guys all think Brindamour is better?

Rangersfan21 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 08:19 AM
  #793
MacM
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 116
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Out of the games I have seen I think Rivers deserves the starting job. I also think he is much better than brindamour

Do you guys all think Brindamour is better?
I like Rivers better.
How many teams is this for Brindamour now? 4?

MacM is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:26 AM
  #794
ZebraCritic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
I heard Bayliss had a tough time in the fight.
You would have heard wrong then.....There were 3 punches landed in the fight...2 by Baylis one by Vasquez?? Not sure if that is the young mans name he fought? Baylis' first punch was as hard a punch I have seen landed in a fight in some time...if it were not for the boards, the Raiders player would have went down for sure....Baylis landed another half decent one and to his credit Vasquez? landed a very solid punch himself...neither player was hurt and both skated off under there own power...I would give the slight edge to Baylis but only slight as the Raider player did get the knock down....short but good tilt.

ZebraCritic is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 07:46 PM
  #795
overtheboards
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 267
vCash: 500
Since the 2008-2009 season , the Gloucester Rangers have been a goalie graveyard .
# of games played by goalies
1. Dupuis 59
2. Rivers 47
3. Hudson 31
4. Harrison 29
5. Mcleod 22
6. Chretien 19
7. Curley 18
8. Ellis 16
9. De Meis 14
10. Couvrette 13
11. Gratton 10
12. Beaudry 8
13. Daigneault 8
14. Plaschy 6
15. Brind amour 6
16. Dizgun 4
17. Billingham 3
18. Giguere 3
19 Bierworth 2
20. Blair 2
21. Johnston 2

overtheboards is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:12 PM
  #796
Rangersfan21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 442
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by overtheboards View Post
Since the 2008-2009 season , the Gloucester Rangers have been a goalie graveyard .
# of games played by goalies
1. Dupuis 59
2. Rivers 47
3. Hudson 31
4. Harrison 29
5. Mcleod 22
6. Chretien 19
7. Curley 18
8. Ellis 16
9. De Meis 14
10. Couvrette 13
11. Gratton 10
12. Beaudry 8
13. Daigneault 8
14. Plaschy 6
15. Brind amour 6
16. Dizgun 4
17. Billingham 3
18. Giguere 3
19 Bierworth 2
20. Blair 2
21. Johnston 2
Its amazing how many of them had more success else where

Rangersfan21 is offline  
Old
12-11-2012, 09:25 PM
  #797
hawxfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 62
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangersfan21 View Post
Its amazing how many of them had more success else where

Actually not too many....Dupuis with an RBC Cup ring..Beaudry in Div. 1 and Curley with a Div. 3, the jury is out on a number of the other guys, but yes, its a goalie graveyard. Brindamour the latest guy, 0-5 and 4.33 goals against, wow, he'll be the next to go....Gotta love Jenkins or Jennings or watever the owners name is, hes a goalie killer.

hawxfan is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 06:44 PM
  #798
end2endrush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 122
vCash: 500
I heard Gonu from Kemptville was traded earlier today? Anyone hear anything? He would sure help out any team in this league, great depth player with a good finishing touch.

end2endrush is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:35 PM
  #799
Macker9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Varrin also to hawkesbury. Looks like Kemptville is in full rebuild mode. O/A with a good snipe should help the hawks try to beat Brockville out for that playoff spot.

Macker9 is offline  
Old
12-12-2012, 08:57 PM
  #800
ottawafan66
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by end2endrush View Post
I heard Gonu from Kemptville was traded earlier today? Anyone hear anything? He would sure help out any team in this league, great depth player with a good finishing touch.
Gonu going to CP.

ottawafan66 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.