HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NJD 2013 Draft Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 09:57 AM
Zippy316

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
we want connor mcdavid in 2 years
That would be a ****ing dream.

Kovalchuk-Josefson-McDavid

Old
12-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Zippy316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
this may have been discussed before, but what is the deadline for the Devils to announce they will keep/lose the first rounder if theres no Stanley cup final this year?
Last year it was surprisingly late. I think it's either a week or two before the draft.

Have a feeling Lou holds onto this one, unless he finds a way to deal into the first round. If this team isn't playing to well, I hope Lou can package off someone like Zidlicky and maybe Zajac, depending on how that situation is going.

I think it would be pretty funny/cool if he agrees to trade Elias or Zubrus and they agree that they will resign in the off season regardless. Basically like a "We won't make the playoffs so we're going to get assets for you and give you a better shot to win". Elias would fetch a hell of a return if you ask me, I think we'd easily get a first for him, probably a top prospect too.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:24 AM
Rob Nieds work ethic
Swarm it up Devils!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post
Last year it was surprisingly late. I think it's either a week or two before the draft.

Have a feeling Lou holds onto this one, unless he finds a way to deal into the first round. If this team isn't playing to well, I hope Lou can package off someone like Zidlicky and maybe Zajac, depending on how that situation is going.

I think it would be pretty funny/cool if he agrees to trade Elias or Zubrus and they agree that they will resign in the off season regardless. Basically like a "We won't make the playoffs so we're going to get assets for you and give you a better shot to win". Elias would fetch a hell of a return if you ask me, I think we'd easily get a first for him, probably a top prospect too.
I'm pretty sure it's 24 hours after the Stanley Cup is awarded.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
If we get a Top 10 pick i would be very happy. Not happy enough to forgive the lockout, but it would soften the blow

Old
12-09-2012, 10:31 AM
CerebralGenesis

None of those dream/nightmare scenarios would ever happen thank goodness.

And with no season, I would be curious how the timetable for decision making would go too.

Old
12-09-2012, 10:34 AM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy316 View Post

Lou would never move Patty.

Old
12-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Lazar or Horvat, depending on where we pick. Please and thanks.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:34 PM
Jason MacIsaac
MARS Officer

Send a message via MSN to Jason MacIsaac Send a message via Yahoo to Jason MacIsaac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Getzo5 View Post
Lazar or Horvat, depending on where we pick. Please and thanks.
We have a Lazar in Josefson, if Zajac is signed long term there will be nobody to play the easy minutes . I'd rather another big physical winger but if Lazar is BPA then they should take him. William Carrier is a guy I would like in the second, he is playing injured which seems to have dropped him to second round. Strong as an ox on the cycle.

I would mind the QMJHL double taking Erne and Carrier with first two picks.

Old
12-09-2012, 03:42 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Patty is a lifer, he won't be traded. I don't know how important being a one team player is to him, but I think he values it enough to veto any trade.

Old
12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
hlaverty06

I mean obviously some great goalies are selected in the first round but...

Hank was like 205th overall, Rinne was 268th overall, and Al Montoya was 6th overall...

No reason in selecting a goalie first round.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason MacIsaac View Post
We have a Lazar in Josefson, if Zajac is signed long term there will be nobody to play the easy minutes . I'd rather another big physical winger but if Lazar is BPA then they should take him. William Carrier is a guy I would like in the second, he is playing injured which seems to have dropped him to second round. Strong as an ox on the cycle.

I would mind the QMJHL double taking Erne and Carrier with first two picks.
Any names? Right winger I assume... I wouldn`t mind, but still. I`d take a player like Lazar in a heartbeat when available.

Old
12-09-2012, 05:44 PM
Hockey Sports Fan
:panic:

Send a message via AIM to Hockey Sports Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by hlaverty06 View Post
I mean obviously some great goalies are selected in the first round but...

Hank was like 205th overall, Rinne was 268th overall, and Al Montoya was 6th overall...

No reason in selecting a goalie first round.
Yeah that's kinda what I mean. Considering our lack of high-end prospects, I'd rather see more easily-projectable players (namely forwards) drafted in the first round.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:06 AM
Techno Devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggers View Post
Yeah that's kinda what I mean. Considering our lack of high-end prospects, I'd rather see more easily-projectable players (namely forwards) drafted in the first round.
i would love to see us get a more prototypical power forward. (i think poni will be missed and the same goes for zubs in the future.) i know matteau is supposed to be of that mold, but i think people throw the title around way too much in circumstances like him, when a player is a hard worker and has some production upside at the same time.

side bar: does anybody have a good guess about how the admission to the draft will work especially under the lockout circumstances?

Old
12-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techno Devil View Post
i would love to see us get a more prototypical power forward. (i think poni will be missed and the same goes for zubs in the future.) i know matteau is supposed to be of that mold, but i think people throw the title around way too much in circumstances like him, when a player is a hard worker and has some production upside at the same time.

side bar: does anybody have a good guess about how the admission to the draft will work especially under the lockout circumstances?
I almost think the opposite. With Tedenby likely not reaching his potential here, and Henrique and Josefson being more two-way players, I think what the Devils are really missing in their system is offense. Kovalchuk is approaching 30 and Elias won't be around much longer, and after that, who do you rely on when you need a goal? Guys like Boucher and Gavrus are a good start, but neither are sure bets (and no prospects truly are) which is why quantity can be important.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:34 PM
Getzo5
The Punisher

Quote:
I almost think the opposite. With Tedenby likely not reaching his potential here, and Henrique and Josefson being more two-way players, I think what the Devils are really missing in their system is offense. Kovalchuk is approaching 30 and Elias won't be around much longer, and after that, who do you rely on when you need a goal? Guys like Boucher and Gavrus are a good start, but neither are sure bets (and no prospects truly are) which is why quantity can be important.
I second this. Some prolific goalscorer for a change. Not neccessarily a dangler like Tedenby, simply a more gifted guy instead of someone like Palmieri.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:10 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

I think Jason Dickinson would be a great pick up for the Devils. He's very fast, forechecks hard, and has a very good shot as well. I think him, Frederick Gauthier or Anthony Mantha would all fit very well with the Devils

Old
12-10-2012, 05:02 PM
Parise9Crosby87

i hope we get a nice winger

Old
12-10-2012, 05:06 PM
Zubrus Coffee Maker
Blinded by my Zubrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DropkickQuinn View Post
I think Jason Dickinson would be a great pick up for the Devils. He's very fast, forechecks hard, and has a very good shot as well. I think him, Frederick Gauthier or Anthony Mantha would all fit very well with the Devils
dont like his name

Old
12-10-2012, 05:23 PM
Thunderfest
The Wumpus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zubrus Coffee Maker View Post
dont like his name
We could call him J-Dicks.

----

One potential bright side to this impending dumbass lockout is the potential for a better-than-usual draft position via the league-wide lottery. Watch us end up with 29, though.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
If the Devils could land Gauthier, I'd be ecstatic.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:54 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Any sniper is fine by me. We do need more guys who are a threat to score from anywhere.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:11 PM
DKQ
Generic User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Any sniper is fine by me. We do need more guys who are a threat to score from anywhere.
Reid Boucher is dat guy

Old
12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Hockey Sports Fan

Quote:
Reid Boucher is dat guy
That's the thing though, he's ONE guy. If he doesn't pan out, there's nobody left.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:09 AM
Scottyk9
Goals? Please!

Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise9Crosby87 View Post
we want connor mcdavid in 2 years
I don't feel like sucking complete ass the season before to get him though.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:35 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Quote:
That's the thing though, he's ONE guy. If he doesn't pan out, there's nobody left.
And he's not a well rounded player yet. He has an NHL calibre shot, but that's about it. His skating isn't great, his defence isn't up to the Devils standard. If he can't put the other parts of his game together, he might not make the NHL, even with that tremendous shot.

Closed Thread