HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

***NHL 13 Thread*** (Part 7)

View Poll Results: What do you think of NHL 13
Best Game I ever bought 20 7.33%
It is pretty good I like it 147 53.85%
It is okay 60 21.98%
I rather play NHL 12 46 16.85%
Voters: 273. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
12-09-2012, 02:35 AM
muckbin15
parros16

vCash: 133
why is william karlsson a draftable player in this? he was drafted by the ducks last year but still appears as a prospect in be a gm. makes my blood boil

Old
12-09-2012, 07:26 AM
n00bxQb

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Except Bartschi's played in the NHL.. so, according to EA, he's part of the NHLPA and therefore should have automatically been put into the game on the AHL team; I asked them about that a year ago or so.. yet, Bartschi's not in the game, Brandon Saad isn't.. it's all crap anyways. If you can use a players likeness while their in the CHL, why wouldn't you be able to once they jump to the AHL? You've already used their likeness in previous games/rosters (or what they pass as likeness; they can't even get ethnicities right on some players, nevermind handedness, hair colour, etc.).
No, Bartschi played in the NHL on an Emergency Recall basis, which does not make him part of the NHLPA.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...L%7CCGY%7Chome
Quote:
CALGARY, AB -- The Calgary Flames announced today that they have called up forward Sven Baertschi on emergency recall from the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League.

“Sven had an impressive training camp with us this year and legitimately could have been part of our opening night roster,” said Flames General Manager Jay Feaster. “We elected to send him back to Portland prior to the start of the season because we did not project him spending the entire season in Calgary. In light of the way Sven has performed this season in the WHL, and given our current injury situation, we feel Sven is the right player to be recalled to Calgary at this time."

Baertschi, a native of Langenthal, Switzerland, is coming off a week that saw him score eight goals and two assists for 10 points and a +4 rating in four games which earned him WHL Player of the Week honours for the third time this season. In 47 games this season, Baertschi has scored 33 goals along with 61 assists which puts him in the top ten scoring leaders in the WHL despite missing 19 games.
http://www.fightingforstanley.ca/cal...hockey-league/
Quote:
With the Flames absolutely decimated with injuries, Jay Feaster made an interesting move on Wednesday recalling Sven Bartschi from the Portland Winterhawks of the Western Hockey League. This option only became available due to the unique circumstances surrounding the current state of injuries on the Flames. On Monday the Flames recalled three players from Abbotsford on an emergency recall which did not cause the Flames to have to burn any of their remaining post deadline recalls. Bartschi will have to be sent back down to Portland when two of the Flames injured players return.
Saad played as a junior. Age 18 and 19 players who were returned to Major Junior and have played 11 or fewer games are not officially part of the NHLPA. Saad was previously used under the CHL license.

Old
12-09-2012, 07:28 AM
n00bxQb

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
why is william karlsson a draftable player in this? he was drafted by the ducks last year but still appears as a prospect in be a gm. makes my blood boil
If you're playing offline, send him to Norfolk and select Anaheim as his Pro Team.

If you're playing GM Connected (which, as far as I'm aware, they aren't using this roster for GMC yet), you're boned.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:56 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
No, Bartschi played in the NHL on an Emergency Recall basis, which does not make him part of the NHLPA.

http://flames.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...L%7CCGY%7Chome

http://www.fightingforstanley.ca/cal...hockey-league/

Saad played as a junior. Age 18 and 19 players who were returned to Major Junior and have played 11 or fewer games are not officially part of the NHLPA. Saad was previously used under the CHL license.
Nazem Kadri was the player the EASports guys used when listing a player that, despite not being in the NHL at the time, was in the game and on the AHL roster becuase he had played a game in the NHL the prior season (2009-10) and I believe that was on an emergency call-up aswell.

Old
12-09-2012, 02:20 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
it's all crap anyways. If you can use a players likeness while their in the CHL, why wouldn't you be able to once they jump to the AHL? You've already used their likeness in previous games/rosters (or what they pass as likeness; they can't even get ethnicities right on some players, nevermind handedness, hair colour, etc.).
That sounds fine until you get sued for illegally profiting off someone else's name and likeness.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:01 PM
theschwab13

Hey guys, about the new update. Once you get the CHL update, the players who have graduated (Sven,Tinordi,Gallagher,etc.) aren't there, I know. But is there a way of getting them and transferring them to their AHL teams, or are they gone?!
Thanks

Old
12-09-2012, 08:09 PM
jfb392

Quote:
Originally Posted by theschwab13 View Post
Hey guys, about the new update. Once you get the CHL update, the players who have graduated (Sven,Tinordi,Gallagher,etc.) aren't there, I know. But is there a way of getting them and transferring them to their AHL teams, or are they gone?!
Thanks
Someone had suggested that if you put ones you want to keep on a custom team they'll be retained, but I've never tried it.

Old
12-09-2012, 08:12 PM
theschwab13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Someone had suggested that if you put ones you want to keep on a custom team they'll be retained, but I've never tried it.
Thanks dude!!! If anyone would be nice enough to maybe find a list of the players lost that would be much appreciated!!!

Old
12-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Passchendaele

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
It doesn't work.

Created teams are deleted when you apply the roster update.

Old
12-09-2012, 11:04 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passchendaele View Post
It doesn't work.

Created teams are deleted when you apply the roster update.
Yea I was the guy that suggested using a created team earlier. I haven't been able to hop on NHL 13 this weekend so I couldn't test it myself, but I read on another forum that the created teams stay even after you update the rosters.

I haven't played NHL 13 in like 2 months because of the horrid rosters, I just don't want to spend hours fixing them when someone at EA should be doing it. I'm probably not going to play until they fix the AHL rosters.

They need to get their **** together. I am not impressed with buying a game and not being able to play it for 6 months because the rosters are so broken. It's NHL 13, get with it EA and do this crap a lot sooner next year. Next year I'm not buying the game until they have proper rosters.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:00 AM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Any OS roster updates for NHL 13(xbox)?

Last edited by 18Hossa: 12-10-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old
12-10-2012, 11:58 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelhockey View Post
That sounds fine until you get sued for illegally profiting off someone else's name and likeness.
So, when they're in the CHL, you can use their "likeness" and that's perfectly fine.. but the minute they join the AHL and up until they sign their PHPA papers you can no longer use their likeness, even though they used their likeness in a previous game/roster and will be using the exact same in-game character as they used in said previous games/rosters? It's dumb.

The NHL series profits off fans love of hockey and it's star players, not the players that are jumping from the CHL to the AHL.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:44 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
Quote:
So, when they're in the CHL, you can use their "likeness" and that's perfectly fine.. but the minute they join the AHL and up until they sign their PHPA papers you can no longer use their likeness, even though they used their likeness in a previous game/roster and will be using the exact same in-game character as they used in said previous games/rosters? It's dumb.

The NHL series profits off fans love of hockey and it's star players, not the players that are jumping from the CHL to the AHL.
Welcome to Law.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:58 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by muckbin15 View Post
I don't know, but I love him. He's a ridiculous PKer and 3rd line center in his 1st year haha

1st season in the NHL that is*

Last edited by JerseyGuy276: 12-10-2012 at 09:05 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 09:16 PM
JerseyGuy276
An American Outlaw

Aren't you supposed to be able to customize your teams entrance and the music played for goals?

Old
12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
SaNcAlandariel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGuy276 View Post
Aren't you supposed to be able to customize your teams entrance and the music played for goals?
You can do that through the custom music under My NHL 13. Word of warning though, custom music has been rumored to be able to freeze your game.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:28 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaNcAlandariel View Post
You can do that through the custom music under My NHL 13. Word of warning though, custom music has been rumored to be able to freeze your game.
do you need music of your harddrive then? How would I go about transferring from my laptop to the xbox? USB? Normally I just use wifi connection to play it over the game, but that won't work for the custom music obviously

Old
12-10-2012, 09:43 PM
tarheelhockey
Global Moderator

Quote:
So, when they're in the CHL, you can use their "likeness" and that's perfectly fine..
Right, because the CHL has a licensing agreement with EA.

Quote:
but the minute they join the AHL and up until they sign their PHPA papers you can no longer use their likeness,
Right, because the PHPA has a licensing agreement with EA.

When the individual is out of the CHL and not yet in the PHPA (or NHLPA), they are not covered by any licensing agreement. EA has no right to use their likeness without such an agreement.

I guess they could strike an agreement with the individual, but you can bet that the player's agent would want compensation. And considering they're not paying CHL players anything (I'm not sure about the PHPA) I doubt that EA is about to spend money on a prospect that 99% of their audience has never heard of.

Quote:
even though they used their likeness in a previous game/roster and will be using the exact same in-game character as they used in said previous games/rosters? It's dumb.
Dumb or not, it would be an open-and-shut lawsuit against EA if they went around using people's likenesses without a contract.

Quote:
That being the case, does Andreas Nodl or Steven Kampfer really need to be in the game?

Answer: yes, they do need to be in the game because EA customers expect complete rosters for every team. You can see the reaction to incomplete rosters in this thread, particularly the people saying they won't buy future editions without better roster completeness. Therefore, EA is in fact profiting off even the most random CHL'ers who are included only to make the game more authentic.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:22 PM
JumboThornton92

EA SPORTS NHL on twitter said that they were working on an AHL update.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:36 PM
tsujimoto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumboThornton92 View Post
EA SPORTS NHL on twitter said that they were working on an AHL update.
Desperately needed. Rochester alone has ~6 players in the game that aren't actually on the team anymore (Persson (D), MacIntyre (G), Szczechura (C), Whitmore (LW), Ryan (LW), Stuart (LW)) and are missing about 8 (Girgensons (LW/C), Pysyk (D), Knapp (G), Gauthier-Leduc (D), Flynn (RW), Roy (RW), Rankin (C), Lieuwen (G)).

Old
12-11-2012, 02:47 PM
JumboThornton92

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Desperately needed. Rochester alone has ~6 players in the game that aren't actually on the team anymore (Persson (D), MacIntyre (G), Szczechura (C), Whitmore (LW), Ryan (LW), Stuart (LW)) and are missing about 8 (Girgensons (LW/C), Pysyk (D), Knapp (G), Gauthier-Leduc (D), Flynn (RW), Roy (RW), Rankin (C), Lieuwen (G)).
In a response to a tweet they said it was coming bro!

Old
12-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Fel 96
JFC

vCash: 2037
Send a message via MSN to Fel 96
http://twitter.com/EASPORTSNHL/statu...71078870261760

Hmm, so I guess it won't be a 100% AHL roster update then...

Old
12-11-2012, 05:52 PM
18Hossa

vCash: 232
Heres an idea, What if they went to player movement and moved ALL the designated players down to the AHL, IMAGINE THAT

Old
12-11-2012, 07:54 PM
littleD

Send a message via MSN to littleD
Is scoring supposed to be impossible in this game, or am I just awful at playing this?

Playing on the easiest settings, with sliders turned up completely in my favour, scored 15 goals in seven league games.

Not that I want or expect 10 goals a game, but three per game would be fun.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:18 PM
The Nose
#FireHolland

If your settings are like that then its you

Closed Thread