HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout XXVI: 57 Hockey Channels (And Nothin' On)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 10:43 PM
CN_paladin

vCash: 500
Hamrlik speaking live to Rimer: http://www.nextsportstar.com/

Old
12-10-2012, 10:44 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
For every Allan Walsh out there tweeting the link to the P&R article, I wish there were a few guys shoving this article in the NHLPA's face.

I'd love to hear what Prust, Bisonnette, Cole, Gorges, Upshall, Versteeg (and co, etc) would have to say after reading that. Most of them probably don't even know who Paul Kelly is.
Wish the NHL would put the good offer back on the table and make all contracts at 7 and tell the PA to vote. i'll have my new christmas jersey somewhere ready to go?

Old
12-10-2012, 10:45 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopistar View Post
More Jarret Stoll, "It hasnít been handled well on both sides, thatís why we are where we are."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...39782982111232
But but but...ALL the players in the PA are on the same page, solidified, united, behind Fehr 100%!

This can't be!!!

Must be a mis-quote

Old
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Send a message via ICQ to dynastyREredux
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
The NHLPA is a mess and that article makes it clear. They don't care for the sport at all, it's all about money. With Paul Kelly at the helm, we would have had a full season.
Every time I've heard Paul Kelly speak about the lockout he's said the players should get their contracts paid out as they were promised. The NHL may have been more likely to compromise with him, I suppose, I'm not sure there would have been a full season though. The NHL's plan from the get-go was likely some kind of lockout to see how much they could get back.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:52 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

I'm still waiting for someone to give me a deal, with numbers, that is "significantly" better than what was offered in Oct.

The pro-NHLPA crowd keeps ignoring it.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasybaseballchamp View Post
Every time I've heard Paul Kelly speak about the lockout he's said the players should get their contracts paid out as they were promised. The NHL may have been more likely to compromise with him, I suppose, I'm not sure there would have been a full season though. The NHL's plan from the get-go was likely some kind of lockout to see how much they could get back.
Thus the reason the PA declined invitation after invitation from the league to get talks started.

Don't let the facts get in your way.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:53 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

vCash: 237
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
Oh my goodness....

I will admit, that at the time that the last Lockout ended, I was so thrilled to have hockey back, that I didn't pay much attention to the things that were going on with the Union, even though I had heard/read the headlines of everything that happened from when the last lockout ended until now.

But I never knew the details of the whole story...That's just entirely sickening!

It really just makes me sick reading that and now I'm expected to continue cheering for players when hockey comes back? (I mean at the end of the day, I root for my team not individual players)
I've read bits and pieces of innuendo on these boards about the whole Kelly mess but never saw the whole story, that article really shed light on what happened for me. Eric Lindros, good god

Among other things we'd have realignment too if Kelly was still there. The PA using THAT as an opening salvo really started the CBA war a year early.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2012 View Post
Thus the reason the PA declined invitation after invitation from the league to get talks started.

Don't let the facts get in your way.
Don't let propaganda get in your way. I don't side with the players but these kinds of negotiations need arbitrary deadlines unless they're going to keep status quo. It's nearly impossible to imagine the league getting all the givebacks it needs without pressuring the players with lost wages. Even if they had started negotiating in 2009 it would have gotten to the point where there was some kind of lockout. It may not even have gone beyond October but anyone who thinks a lockout wasn't inevitable was fooling themselves.

The league needed a high level of givebacks and even if Paul Kelly was at the helm, it would have been a difficult issue.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:56 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
I'm still waiting for someone to give me a deal, with numbers, that is "significantly" better than what was offered in Oct.

The pro-NHLPA crowd keeps ignoring it.
Best deal came when the full season was on the line. That is gone now.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Mark Spector from www.sportsnet.ca is reporting the next meeting is Wednesday, undisclosed location.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
CBJWennberg41
Formerly CBJBrassard

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2012 View Post
But but but...ALL the players in the PA are on the same page, solidified, united, behind Fehr 100%!

This can't be!!!

Must be a mis-quote
Saying both sides handled the negotiations poorly doesn't mean the players aren't on the same page, or going against Fehr. It just means he thinks the negotiations aren't going where they should be. Nothing against Fehr, or the PA's leadership, or unity of the union.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
I've read bits and pieces of innuendo on these boards about the whole Kelly mess but never saw the whole story, that article really shed light on what happened for me. Eric Lindros, good god

Among other things we'd have realignment too if Kelly was still there. The PA using THAT as an opening salvo really started the CBA war a year early.
I'm sure if you asked Lindros, the draft should be done away with.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:02 PM
RealKrug47*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
Mark Spector from www.sportsnet.ca is reporting the next meeting is Wednesday, undisclosed location.
After last weeks disaster im hoping it cant get much worse

Old
12-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
No. I'm not. I'm saying that unless there is some evidence to the contrary you have to assume that Fehr has the support of a majority of the players. You guys are just pulling stuff out of the air right now. It's like me saying a a majority of the owners are ready to turf Bettman. Can you prove they're not? Anyways I'm done. No doubt there wil be a big player uprising tomorrow to overthrow the shackles that Fehr has put on them. I need my rest.
How about this quote?

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont
"Si on votait sur la proposition des proprios, je pense que de 200 joueurs diraient oui, mais il fait faire confiance ŗ Fehr"-G. Latendresse
https://twitter.com/JFChaumont/statu...93276765519872

Traduction: ''If we were to vote on the NHL offer, I think around 200 players would say 'yes', but I think we should trust Fehr.''
-Guillaume Latendresse

Old
12-10-2012, 11:07 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruWINS View Post
After last weeks disaster im hoping it cant get much worse
Being the optimist I am, I'm thinking that this is it. This is where the deal gets done.

Undisclosed, away from the media (as best as they can do to get away from them). Straight business. I think the NHLPA now knows it's at the end of the plank - and it's either get the deal done or time to go for a swim.

Old
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Saying both sides handled the negotiations poorly doesn't mean the players aren't on the same page, or going against Fehr. It just means he thinks the negotiations aren't going where they should be. Nothing against Fehr, or the PA's leadership, or unity of the union.
You keep telling yourself that.

Old
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryHabs View Post
http://nesn.com/2009/08/kelly-firing...l-never-learn/

This was 3 years ago. Very telling.
I remember when that happened, and I thought to myself "Self, there must be something wrong with Kelly that we don't know about, something Saskin-esque. There's no way they'd fire Kelly for a hard-liner after the Goodenow debacle".

Then they hired Fehr. I was wrong.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
dynastyREredux
Where's the Doritos?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragamuffin Gunner View Post
How about this quote?

J-F Chaumont ‏@JFChaumont
"Si on votait sur la proposition des proprios, je pense que de 200 joueurs diraient oui, mais il fait faire confiance ŗ Fehr"-G. Latendresse
https://twitter.com/JFChaumont/statu...93276765519872

Traduction: ''If we were to vote on the NHL offer, I think around 200 players would say 'yes', but I think we should trust Fehr.''
-Guillaume Latendresse
Him speculating that a minority of the players would vote against Fehr somehow implies that Fehr doesn't have a majority of players behind him? 200 players is about 1 quarter of the union.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:08 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
Must be a misprint. I'm pretty sure the NHL gave their final offer last time for about the fourth time. I supect that a deal will happen quickly once both sides move towards each others offer. The NHL has probbaly ealized that the union won't be broken. It was worth one last try though.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Blackie Dammit
proud flatlander

where is this vote talk coming from???? What is there to vote on? There is no offer to vote for or against. Even if there were an offer on the table, Fehr and his tight group would have to agree to send it to vote. That won't happen...........EVER. His objective is to run the calender to the drop dead date( mid January) then vote to decertify. I honestly believe he has no intention of actual bargaining. He will continue to iritate the hell out of the owners until then.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:11 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

Josh Rimer ‏@JoshRimerHockey
Roman Hamrlik just told me on http://nextsportstar.com that he would support the NHLPA taking a vote on the owners last offer.

Roman Hamrlik, "we're losing time and I don't think a deal will be much better."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...45239746449408
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...50159031726080

Old
12-10-2012, 11:14 PM
FanSince2014
What'd He Say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsernameWasTaken View Post
Roman Hamrlik just told me on http://nextsportstar.com that he would support the NHLPA taking a vote on the owners last offer.

Roman Hamrlik, "we're losing time and I don't think a deal will be much better."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...45239746449408
https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...50159031726080
That Hamrlik is such a bad guy.

What is his problem?

Old
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
RealKrug47*

Well if the players can suck up to Gary and the owners and they can get this offer back on the table i think the lockout ends. Lets hope that happens or at least another good offer pops up Wednesday

Old
12-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Boltsfan2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsBeReality View Post
Fringe fans and kids will certainly be less interested. It will effect the NHLs bottom dollar.

Especially in markets in the states where there's heaps of other options.
You can't make an accurate assessment off this poll. It doesn't say if 20 people voted, 200, or 2 million. It also has no indication as to the demographics of who voted - bored teenagers, housewives, fanatic curling fans or hockey fans.

Old
12-10-2012, 11:18 PM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
Hall-of-Famer Slava Fetisov told Russian paper Sport-Express he's been told NHL will restrict players from playing in international games

David Pagnotta ‏@TheFourthPeriod
No idea if Fetisov's claim is accurate or not, but that'll be a big issue if the NHL tries to prevent players from playing in Olympics, etc.

https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...52243567247360
https://twitter.com/TheFourthPeriod/...52445799800833

Hamrlik on a vote, "maybe this week something is going to happen, we should see how many guys will be with or without them."

https://twitter.com/JoshRimerHockey/...52606907215872

Closed Thread