HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

NHL Lockout XXVI: 57 Hockey Channels (And Nothin' On)

Closed Thread

Old
12-11-2012, 12:27 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
Owners cancel games, lockout players AND EVERYONE ELSE.

Dude decides it's the PA who is to blame.

Player Hater in the House
Did you read the NESN article ? Or is that poison because Jacobs is a partial owner ?

Old
12-11-2012, 12:28 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
I wonder if Ovechkin will keep to his word and not return to the NHL if they don't allow the players to go to Sochi in 2014.

He had said on more than one occasion he'll stay in the KHL if he cannot represent Russia during the Olympic games in 2 years time.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

How awesome would it be if Ovi stays in the KHL and then the coach cuts him.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:30 AM
Nsjohnson

Quote:

There is no forgiveness from me to the owners for locking out the players, but the players have almost less forgiveness from me since they decided to not negotiate until...the summer. It's a leadership and accountability failure on both sides. Fehr has been a nightmare to everyone, and so has the NHL's unwillingness to budge earlier on key issues.

There should be a South Park episode over this ****.

Last edited by Holden Caulfield: 12-11-2012 at 01:55 AM. Reason: filter circumvention
Old
12-11-2012, 12:34 AM
CBJBrassard16
Sergei BobTrollsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fan View Post
LOL people still believing there
will be a season. I know its optimism but come on you are only fooling yourselves.

Why not just forget about NHL hockey this year and hope that they somehow get a deal done for 2013-2014 which I have my doubts.
Yeah. Damn the passion, might as well go the "woah is me" pattern and call this season dead and might as well say next one is too.

Come on. Saying this season is in doubt is acceptable. But to already call it done, and doubt the start of next season, is overly pessimistic. Especially when you take liberties to the people who don't have your same pessimism.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:39 AM
DuklaNation

Quote:
LOL people still believing there
will be a season. I know its optimism but come on you are only fooling yourselves.

Why not just forget about NHL hockey this year and hope that they somehow get a deal done for 2013-2014 which I have my doubts.
You're a realist and they're optimists. Is it so hard to understand? Some people like to hope for the best. Realistically with Fehr at the helm, you knew this season was in serious jeopardy. Its what he does best.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:41 AM
IDuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post
Yeah. Damn the passion, might as well go the "woah is me" pattern and call this season dead and might as well say next one is too.

Come on. Saying this season is in doubt is acceptable. But to already call it done, and doubt the start of next season, is overly pessimistic. Especially when you take liberties to the people who don't have your same pessimism.
its a defense to not get there hopes up...i know i try to take the approach of expect the worst but hope for the best, problem with that is when they set meeting's i expect a deal to be done. my gut tells me it gets done this week but i dont want to be dissapointed for the millionth time..dont blame some for taking the doom and gloom approach as this whole thing sucks and we ALL just want it to be over

Old
12-11-2012, 12:47 AM
rdawg1234

No idea what to expect from this meeting, could go any way really.

no burton to at least give us some positivity?

Old
12-11-2012, 12:50 AM
the_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBJBrassard16 View Post

You guys only hurting yourselves because after every meeting you get your hopes up only to have your feelings hurt after they announce no progress made.

Thats self sabotaging. I for one while being a huge NHL fan with lots of passion for the game already know what kind of people are involved in this negotiations, and they are people who only have passion for money.

They don't care about us the fans, and I don't know about you, but I don't care for anything or anyone that doesn't care about me. I have a life, I can live without the NHL

Old
12-11-2012, 12:52 AM
go_leafs_go02

vCash: 695
To be honest, even up to August, I never thought there would be a lockout this year.

And look, we're in December, and it's become more about the characters of Bettman and Fehr trying to "win" the game - particularly Fehr and we're still waiting.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:17 AM
victoriacanucker

Just wanted to post on the great obscure Springsteen reference in the title.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:39 AM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:

Players don't negotiate until the last minute, owners lockout players because their union leader has a history of calling strikes for leverage !

Old
12-11-2012, 01:53 AM
Martyros

Quote:

Ya,because they should take a chance and play when the NHLPA can go on strike whenever the hell they want without a new CBA.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:57 AM
albator71

Quote:
You guys only hurting yourselves because after every meeting you get your hopes up only to have your feelings hurt after they announce no progress made.

Thats self sabotaging. I for one while being a huge NHL fan with lots of passion for the game already know what kind of people are involved in this negotiations, and they are people who only have passion for money.

They don't care about us the fans, and I don't know about you, but I don't care for anything or anyone that doesn't care about me. I have a life, I can live without the NHL
You have the right to believe what you want and live your life the way you want it, but by the same token I have the right to be optimistic if I want to be.

You say you don't care, you have a life and can live without the NHL good for you, but you still take the time to come here and posts, that tells me you do care.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:09 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Took a break from this mess for a couple days and too tired to go through 9 pages of people making stupid jokes. Can someone tell me when the next meeting is?

Old
12-11-2012, 02:11 AM
Aussie King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Took a break from this mess for a couple days and too tired to go through 9 pages of people making stupid jokes. Can someone tell me when the next meeting is?
Wednesday.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:12 AM
azaloum90

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
With the cancelled games up to December 30, assuming they get a deal done, earliest they can play is New Years Eve. That would be roughly 54 games per team or so. If they can't agree, next one will be drop dead date.
I think the date Fehr was given was January 2013... I know someone had recently posted (back when the thread was in the BOH forum) that Fehr's supposedly given deadline was December 2013, but that is completely unrealistic, especially given reports that many players smell a deal coming.

Several tweeters are also saying the lockout is progressing the same way it was in the 94-95 season. I don't mind a 54 game season, but I think a 48 game season is kinda lame... (I know, its only 6 games, but still). If possible, I'd like to see a 60 game season, and have the league play till late June, but that will never happen.

Regardless, I do see the NHLPA agreeing to the last offer, perhaps some additional make whole (it WILL Come back on the table). I can forsee puck drop in mid-January. If talks lose traction by the beginning of the new year, I will start to assume the season is gone, but if talks finally pick up this month, we'll see NHL hockey in January.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:13 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:

Self-sabotaging, or self-handicapping, is stating that "the worst will happen" so that anything besides that is considered a blessing or a thrill.

You're wasting an awful lot of time if you are so adamant about not watching the NHL because they don't know you by first name...

Old
12-11-2012, 02:14 AM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie King View Post
Wednesday.
Thanks mate.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:23 AM
heartsabres*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_leafs_go02 View Post
I wonder if Ovechkin will keep to his word and not return to the NHL if they don't allow the players to go to Sochi in 2014.

He had said on more than one occasion he'll stay in the KHL if he cannot represent Russia during the Olympic games in 2 years time.
He cannot stay in the KHL

Old
12-11-2012, 02:29 AM
Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince2012 View Post
That Hamrlik is such a bad guy.

What is his problem?
Dude just wants to play hockey NOW. That's just totally wrong.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:18 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoriacanucker View Post
Just wanted to post on the great obscure Springsteen reference in the title.
had to google it. good stuff

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 12-11-2012 at 03:50 AM.
Old
12-11-2012, 03:23 AM
CpatainCanuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK17 View Post
The issues are so tiny, they have to get a deal done.

CBA length? Why the PA is even fighting this boggles the mind. A shorter CBA makes absolutely zero sense for the players.

Contract terms? Right now it's basically 7 years in the NHL offer because anybody worth a damn will sign and trade to get the extra 2 years. PA wants 8, just take the 7.

Variance - Only part where they are far apart. NHL wants 5%, PA wants 75%. NHL isn't going to budge.
Indeed. Wasn't everybody saying how the NHLPA had to stand up to the nhl in these CBA negotiations because "if they don't the nhl will be back asking for more next time around". Umm...if you think the nhl is going to try to squeeze the nhlpa in the years to come, wouldn't a longer lockout be good for the players.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:09 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
For every Allan Walsh out there tweeting the link to the P&R article, I wish there were a few guys shoving this article in the NHLPA's face.

I'd love to hear what Prust, Bisonnette, Cole, Gorges, Upshall, Versteeg (and co, etc) would have to say after reading that. Most of them probably don't even know who Paul Kelly is.
They probably couldn't read it. Too many big words.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:35 AM
SidTheKid8787

Just caught this:

"If nothing is going on by Jan. 15, that would be for me an end-all. It has to be. I know they canceled Feb. 16 last time, but it's not fathomable to have a season at that point. You can't have a 35-game season." - Red Wings forward Dan Cleary on the 2012-13 season potentially being canceled.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...-return-season

Closed Thread