2012-2013 Trade Rumours

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 04:44 PM
KnightsInsider93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLTG View Post
What happens if he reports to Ptbo, asks for a trade to Kitchener, and they deny him? Does he play disgruntled, hurting the team, or does he walk away, and we're in the same position as we are now? Peterborough isn't a situation he's necessarily wanting right now; a lower team that's not likely to make noise. In his last year, he wants to either make noise or head to college. Nothing wrong with that. Brent Sullivan did that with SSM a couple of years ago.
Woulda been better off reporting then going back home if they denied him. That would have been the more honourable thing to do.

Old
12-10-2012, 04:59 PM
Libbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightsInsider93 View Post
Woulda been better off reporting then going back home if they denied him. That would have been the more honourable thing to do.
What's the difference?

Old
12-10-2012, 05:01 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Why put the Petes through that? "I'll come, but chances are I'm not playing. Just so you know..." Ptbo didn't do their homework and got a player that wouldn't report. Not the first time, not the last time.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:04 PM
Spitsfan67*

I remember when Sullivan did it to the Soo and never heard anyone say anything on here about that, and he did the exact Same thing Shoe is doing, Brent said he would rather go to collage then go there....it's Shoenmakers choice he doesn't want to go to a team that's going no where he mine as well start the next step in his life if he isn't on a playoff team.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:05 PM
KnightsInsider93

Then he can't have the greatest interest in the sport anymore. Just because your team isn't good doesn't mean you shouldn't want to play. I question Schoenmakers desire to play because of this. I'm sure Peterborough would have considered working with him to get something done that was good for both the Petes and Schoenmakers had Schoenmakers showed. But now, no team should want somebody like this.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:11 PM
Spitsfan67*

Quote:
Then he can't have the greatest interest in the sport anymore. Just because your team isn't good doesn't mean you shouldn't want to play. I question Schoenmakers desire to play because of this. I'm sure Peterborough would have considered working with him to get something done that was good for both the Petes and Schoenmakers had Schoenmakers showed. But now, no team should want somebody like this.
Thing is he is an overages who is not drafted, he doesn't want to play for a bottom feeder that isn't going to make the playoffs, I mean whats the point, he's getting tired moving from team to team and he probably said " I'm done ", it's either a team close to home that's going to be a playoff team that's going to make noise or find a job and go play college hockey and get an education, I don't know why it is so hard to understand let's face it his hockey career could be over after the ohl.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:16 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
At some point, he has to look at his future. He could love hockey and everything about it, but when you're in your final season and dealt to a team that's rebuilding, you have to make a choice. Not every team is going to be a great fit for every player. This falls on the Petes, not on Schoenmakers. He's looking out for his best interest, which, in his final year, is very understandable.

Old
12-10-2012, 05:49 PM
KnightsInsider93

Agree, but i'm not totally sure other teams (Kitchener) should be interested in having a player like this.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:22 PM
KnightRanger

Kitchener needs a sell this year, not buy! They need to be looking to the contending teams to see what they might be able to get in the form of 95's for some of the talent that won't be around next year!

Makes the most sense for the organization.....just likely don't have the right guy at the helm to make that happen!

Instead, kill the team completely for the next several years for a 1st or 2nd round exit this year!

Old
12-10-2012, 06:26 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewerjones View Post
Niagara can mortgage the future for the present and be buyers easily. They have the forwards and some key defencemen. All they really need is a #1 goalie, and another solid puck moving dman. The East is up in the air.

Niagara can skate and score with London. They just need to be strong defensively and goal wise. London doesnt have any star stud in net.

I say Niagara should go for it.
We don't have the assets to make that happen. We only own one 2nd round pick in the next 3 years, and we have more needs than that. IMO the team is 2 top-4 D, 2 2nd line forwards and a #1 Goalie away from contending. We just don't have the assets to make it happen.

We can get large packages for Strome and Hamilton, something very reasonable for Ritchie, and something of value for Theoret and maybe Shipley.

The focus right now is to a build a contending team for when the new arena opens in 2014.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
OHLTG

Quote:
Agree, but i'm not totally sure other teams (Kitchener) should be interested in having a player like this.
Top teams should have a tremendous interest. He wants to play for them before he ends his career.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:28 PM
attackfan71

has anyone heard if owen sound has in irons in the fire. i believe we are in need of a cpl offensive players that can compliment our top line. with that i think they could go along way again this year. i think worse thing they could do is stand pat.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:38 PM
OHLFan8771

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
has anyone heard if owen sound has in irons in the fire. i believe we are in need of a cpl offensive players that can compliment our top line. with that i think they could go along way again this year. i think worse thing they could do is stand pat.
If I were Owen Sound I would be calling Ottawa right now and look to see if they could deal for Monohan or Graovac. A few players on Sarnia are intriguing as well. I think the Attack are one pure offensive talented player away from being just as good London or any other team for that matter.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:46 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by notloilersfan View Post
We don't have the assets to make that happen. We only own one 2nd round pick in the next 3 years, and we have more needs than that. IMO the team is 2 top-4 D, 2 2nd line forwards and a #1 Goalie away from contending. We just don't have the assets to make it happen.

We can get large packages for Strome and Hamilton, something very reasonable for Ritchie, and something of value for Theoret and maybe Shipley.

The focus right now is to a build a contending team for when the new arena opens in 2014.
Until the lockout situation is figured out no one is going to take on Strome or Hamilton. Trust me, I've heard that they've been trying to make deals. It's very unlikely, if they want assets they will have to trade Graham, Theoret, Ritchie, maybe even Mercer. They are in the hunt for 95's.

Old
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
attackfan71

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHLFan8771 View Post
If I were Owen Sound I would be calling Ottawa right now and look to see if they could deal for Monohan or Graovac. A few players on Sarnia are intriguing as well. I think the Attack are one pure offensive talented player away from being just as good London or any other team for that matter.
i agree owen sound is very closeand would be curious to know what some of you that follow the entire ohl and not just owen sound, think it would cost us to get some of these players would it gut owen sound for next cpl years were they would end up near the bottom of the west (5-8 seed)?

Last edited by attackfan71: 12-10-2012 at 08:02 PM.
Old
12-10-2012, 08:11 PM
massey

Quote:
Originally Posted by attackfan71 View Post
i agree and would be curious to know what some of you that follow the entire ohl and not just owen sound. think it would cost us to get some of these players would it gut owen sound for next cpl years were they would end up near the bottom of the west (5-8 seed)?
Sting fan here.Sting organization has a tough decision to make.I think they need the playoff dollars.They are playing well and us fans are looking for a playoff run hopefully.Are they buyers or sellers.Time will tell.sellers: Gali is awesum but will Montreal want him in a shorten season?Sarault great o/a loads of talent and can skate,Murphy,strong D maybe he is gone to nhl also,i doubt,Anderson o/a exc goaltending this year,Boucher great year. Buyers, trade bait,angelo not happy D man great skater but to offensive and a hot head.Goldobin,great rookie,probably not available.Who knows,time will tell.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:15 PM
Snippit

With the Knights being really thin on defence, you might see a move for a depth defencemen in the next couple of days.

If they don't, at least we'll get to see what Centorame/Di Lorenzo can do.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:25 PM
chewerjones

Quote:

If you get the guys you are seeking above, then Niagara will be a GUARANTEED Memorial Cup Champion.

Concentrate on getting past East and that shouldnt be as thorough as you have noted above. After that, anything is possible against Western champs. You may get rocked again by London or other team, or may not.

I THINK WILLIAMSON STILL HAS A SCORE TO SETTLE FROM LAST YEAR WITH LONDON. I STILL THINK THEY SHOULD TRADE GRAHAM ANS SOME YOUNG FOURTH LINERS AND PROSPECTS IN THE SYSTEM FOR THE #1 GOALIE, AND A PUCK MOVING DMAN AND MAYBE OLDER STAY AT HOME DMAN.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:48 PM
notloilersfan
I'm here, I'm bored

Quote:
If you get the guys you are seeking above, then Niagara will be a GUARANTEED Memorial Cup Champion.

Concentrate on getting past East and that shouldnt be as thorough as you have noted above. After that, anything is possible against Western champs. You may get rocked again by London or other team, or may not.

I THINK WILLIAMSON STILL HAS A SCORE TO SETTLE FROM LAST YEAR WITH LONDON. I STILL THINK THEY SHOULD TRADE GRAHAM ANS SOME YOUNG FOURTH LINERS AND PROSPECTS IN THE SYSTEM FOR THE #1 GOALIE, AND A PUCK MOVING DMAN AND MAYBE OLDER STAY AT HOME DMAN.
In no way would that guarantee them a Memorial Cup championship. They had more than last year and couldn't handle London.

I said they need a #1 goalie, 2 top-4 D and 2 2nd line forwards. They lost Visentin (#1 Goalie), Oleksiak and Beukeboom (2 top-4 D) F. Hamilton, Kuhnhackl, Agozzino and Friesen (all top-6 forwards, most of which would arguably 1st line forwards on other teams).

Old
12-10-2012, 10:00 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
In no way would that guarantee them a Memorial Cup championship. They had more than last year and couldn't handle London.

I said they need a #1 goalie, 2 top-4 D and 2 2nd line forwards. They lost Visentin (#1 Goalie), Oleksiak and Beukeboom (2 top-4 D) F. Hamilton, Kuhnhackl, Agozzino and Friesen (all top-6 forwards, most of which would arguably 1st line forwards on other teams).
London lost alot of players also.

Visentin was more of a Liability then a sure shot goalie. Beukeboom was non existent and continues to be so.

Alot of the Niagara core has matured and they can really light up the scoreboard.

London isnt any clear cut favourite to advance to Mem Cup.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:12 PM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
London lost alot of players also.

Visentin was more of a Liability then a sure shot goalie. Beukeboom was non existent and continues to be so.

Alot of the Niagara core has matured and they can really light up the scoreboard.

London isnt any clear cut favourite to advance to Mem Cup.
Personally I don't think London is deep on high end forwards. They use the Horvat line as a shut down unit, while playing the Griffith line against other team's 2nd or 3rd liners. Its all a matching game with Dale. They do benefit from having a multitude of talented young players that they can trade for assets though.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:22 PM
chewerjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
Personally I don't think London is deep on high end forwards. They use the Horvat line as a shut down unit, while playing the Griffith line against other team's 2nd or 3rd liners. Its all a matching game with Dale. They do benefit from having a multitude of talented young players that they can trade for assets though.
Agreed, London may need to pick up some key role players to advance to Mem Cup, and that means trading some prospects.

East is wide open, anything can happen.

If I recall, Owen Sound wasnt ranked in top 3 of West a few years back when they won the OHL Championships and contended at the Mem Cup.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:28 AM
hockeylegend11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
I would agree,their lineup upfront not as deep and scary as last yr
Their overall team play seems better,being familiar with one another seems to be their greatest asset

Old
12-11-2012, 06:37 AM
attackfan71

Quote:
Agreed, London may need to pick up some key role players to advance to Mem Cup, and that means trading some prospects.

East is wide open, anything can happen.

If I recall, Owen Sound wasnt ranked in top 3 of West a few years back when they won the OHL Championships and contended at the Mem Cup.
when owen sound won the ohl championship they were the number 1 seed in the west and were ranked 4th overall in the chl. missisauga was best in east and ranked 1 overall in chl. that was one of the best 7 game series the owen sound fans took over the hershey center every game was like a home game for the boys

Old
12-11-2012, 08:33 AM
ohlnhockeynut

kk the arguing is part of trying to see what teams need players/are sellers; but lets hear some actual trade rumours; what players are moving, where, any inside info?

Closed Thread