Notices

NFL Talk (2013 Edition)

Old
12-10-2012, 07:10 AM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 500
NFL Talk (2013 Edition)

If Vikings make the playoffs, AP should be MVP. Hell, even if they miss the playoffs he should be MVP, but ultimately I don't think the voters will go for that.

Hank Chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 09:39 AM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank Chinaski View Post
If Vikings make the playoffs, AP should be MVP. Hell, even if they miss the playoffs he should be MVP, but ultimately I don't think the voters will go for that.
I agree never thought anyone could come off major knee surgery to lead the league in rushing and possibly break the all time record for yards in a season

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
I agree never thought anyone could come off major knee surgery to lead the league in rushing and possibly break the all time record for yards in a season
He should def. be considered. But taking the fact he is coming off a major surgery he will also be considered for the Comeback player of the year award. He has to reach 2100 (correct me if I am wrong) 500 more yards to go. would be amazing to see someone break this record!

C. Johnson will also make a strong case if he can break J. Rice's regular season receiving yard record.
He has to reach 1848 and is at 1546 so 302 yrds to go.
(obviously I am a detroit homer but he has a good case )

Or will the NFL give it to their poster boy once again this year?! Rodgers is coming up on bleacher reports list for some reason...I personally think he is playing mediocre this season.

Ziggy66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynk View Post
Adrian Peterson man. Guy has a serious chance at breaking Eric Dickerson's all time single season record.
Would love to see him get it (obviously as a vikings fans) but 2105 is going to be real tough in three weeks.

They play the texans in 2 weeks and they are #3 against the rush

Quote:
Agreed!
We would have 2 wins if not for All Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetNation View Post
I honestly never thought it woould happen either.
It would be great thats for sure!

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:42 PM
Shakey Rustie
2L

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
He should def. be considered. But taking the fact he is coming off a major surgery he will also be considered for the Comeback player of the year award. He has to reach 2100 (correct me if I am wrong) 500 more yards to go. would be amazing to see someone break this record!

C. Johnson will also make a strong case if he can break J. Rice's regular season receiving yard record.
He has to reach 1848 and is at 1546 so 302 yrds to go.
(obviously I am a detroit homer but he has a good case )

Or will the NFL give it to their poster boy once again this year?! Rodgers is coming up on bleacher reports list for some reason...I personally think he is playing mediocre this season.
One of the panels were talking about it, and they all agreed that he isn't eligible for the award because he didn't miss any games due to the injury.

Shakey Rustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:52 PM
JustGivingEr
How far we done fell

vCash: 1125
Peyton Manning is the MVP. The guy missed an entire season and is playing lights out this year.

JustGivingEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:01 PM
ps241
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustGivingEr View Post
Peyton Manning is the MVP. The guy missed an entire season and is playing lights out this year.
The category they will have trouble with is Comeback player of the year when choosing between Manning and Peterson. Honestly these guys have both been incredible considering what they have had to overcome.

I have AP in my fantasy football team so i love him but Manning is playing for my Bronco's so I have a soft spot for him. Some years they should declare duel winners but it is just too un-American

ps241 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakey Rustie View Post
One of the panels were talking about it, and they all agreed that he isn't eligible for the award because he didn't miss any games due to the injury.
He did miss some games but I guess not due to one major injury. Not a ton mind you but based on his last season and this season he is on a comeback from last seasons performance. Last season he failed to record a 1k yrd season and player only 12 games.

But yes the panel is spot on with their analysis.

I agree with JustGivingEr though Peyton has this on lock down. He is in such rythem I almost forgot he didnt play last year lol.

Old
12-10-2012, 06:55 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:
The broncos were a playoff team with Tebow last year TEBOW

The vikings are a 2 win team without Peterson

Look at the passing game
It is completely non existent.

Oh yeah **** you ponder

Old
12-10-2012, 07:26 PM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Look at the passing game

Oh yeah **** you ponder
Yes Teebow took the broncs to the playoffs.....or wait I mean the team took Teebow

I think you have to take into consideration how much time Manning is coming off of and take his age into effect. Obviously 36 doesnt sound that old to the average sports fan but as a QB it is up there and he has taken 14 seasons consisting of 250 sacks and probably countless knock downs and random tackles. He also missed a full season while undergoing 4 surgeries on his neck including a fusion.

Guess what I am trying to say is that considering the amount of time and amount of procedures to repair his neck the pot-bellied dude is out there slinging the ball like nothing happend.

I am not a fan of Peyton but I do respect this "comeback" and APs resurgence as well but my team is playing like **** so **** you ponder and **** you AP

Old
12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

What peyton has gone through was pretty big

He is lucky to be playing football still

He can have come back player!

Old
12-10-2012, 11:57 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Peyton will probably win it in the end, but I'm siding with King here. The Vikings are locks for first overall pick without Peterson. Christian Ponder is an absolute trainwreck of a QB, and they've got a bunch of scrubs at WR beyond Harvin. Peterson is carrying the team on his back, and it would be nothing short of remarkable if he carried them to the postseason.

Besides, you can argue that Peyton isn't even having the best season by a QB this year:

/homer

Old
12-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Hammer Slammer

vCash: 787
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Damn Tom Brady single handedly knocking me out of our fantasy football playoffs.

Hammer Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Ziggy66

Quote:
Peyton will probably win it in the end, but I'm siding with King here. The Vikings are locks for first overall pick without Peterson. Christian Ponder is an absolute trainwreck of a QB, and they've got a bunch of scrubs at WR beyond Harvin. Peterson is carrying the team on his back, and it would be nothing short of remarkable if he carried them to the postseason.

Besides, you can argue that Peyton isn't even having the best season by a QB this year:

/homer
Love that man! pushed my FF team to top 5 then I traded him 3 weeks back for RG3 and Doug Martin which pushed me to top 2...........hopefully RG3 is alright

Oh peyton is far from having the best season. I honestly have to put a televised game on mute when watching Denver as the announcers are all over his junk the whole game...........EX: Decker with the spectacular one handed catch, he breaks one tackle, two tackles, three tackles, outsprints the final two defenders for a 50yrds and he is in the endzone!! Touchdown by Peyton Manning via Decker!!! WOW did you see what Peyton did there! Just amazing!!! Peyton is back to his oldself!!..................Peyton this and Peyton that and so on and so forth

But yes. Peyton has a great team around him on Defence and Offence.........the same cannot be said for AP at all...........Ponder?! Rudolph has promise and Harvin is Day to day.....all week and every month. I look at your roster and say to myself how the **** are my lions behind the Vikings in the standings........then I look at APs stat line

anyway...........this is my morning coffee bored at work ramble

I think for the CBPOY award it will come down to accomplishments. If AP breaks the record and leads the Vikings into the wild card game (as of right now there is still a chance) then give the man his due.

If the pot-bellied phenom leads the broncs deep into the playoffs then he will probably be the media's poster boy for the award.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Jet
Stand by your man

vCash: 50
NFL Talk

Since there is no hockey, we have some NFL fans on here, and some of us can't stand it but like the general OT thread, I thought it would make sense to have a NFL Talk thread.

This may stick around IF we have a season, or get merged into the OT thread depending on clutter once we resume.

Talk away! 4 downs! Run the ball! Short field!

12-11-2012, 07:04 PM
Lynk
Registered Bro

Football!

Lynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Man, Brady curbstomped my Texans this week and I'm pissed.

I so desperately wanted to shut up all the bandwagon Pats fans. Now I have to wait until the playoffs to mock them.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:37 PM
JetsHomer

Brady is definitely making his case for another mvp. 29-4 td to interception ratio. Next best is Rodgers with 29-8. Good remaining games. San Fran is tough but Jacksonville is awful and Miami isn't very good.

Last edited by JetsHomer: 12-11-2012 at 07:49 PM.
JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 07:45 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Brady is definitely making his case for another mvp. 29-4 td to interception ratio. Next best is Rodgers with 29-8. Good remaining games. San Fran Ian tough but Jacksonville is awful and Miami isn't very good.
Miami always gives NE a hard time no matter what though.

I think Manning has too much momentum going for him, plus the Broncos remaining schedule is even softer than what the Pats are looking at.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:59 PM
JetsHomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Miami always gives NE a hard time no matter what though.

I think Manning has too much momentum going for him, plus the Broncos remaining schedule is even softer than what the Pats are looking at.
Debatable. Miami and Jacksonville is probably harder than Cleveland KC but Denver has Baltimore in Blatimore next week. NE has San Francisco but it's in New England. It's a bold man that bets against New England at home in December.

Brady is the driving force behind the best offence in the league. If they go 13-3 with their three loses being by a combined 4 points, and he doesn't throw a ton of picks he gets mvp. Unless Minny makes the playoffs. Then AP will get it

JetsHomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
KingBogo
Admitted Homer

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy66 View Post
Love that man! pushed my FF team to top 5 then I traded him 3 weeks back for RG3 and Doug Martin which pushed me to top 2...........hopefully RG3 is alright

Oh peyton is far from having the best season. I honestly have to put a televised game on mute when watching Denver as the announcers are all over his junk the whole game...........EX: Decker with the spectacular one handed catch, he breaks one tackle, two tackles, three tackles, outsprints the final two defenders for a 50yrds and he is in the endzone!! Touchdown by Peyton Manning via Decker!!! WOW did you see what Peyton did there! Just amazing!!! Peyton is back to his oldself!!..................Peyton this and Peyton that and so on and so forth

But yes. Peyton has a great team around him on Defence and Offence.........the same cannot be said for AP at all...........Ponder?! Rudolph has promise and Harvin is Day to day.....all week and every month. I look at your roster and say to myself how the **** are my lions behind the Vikings in the standings........then I look at APs stat line

anyway...........this is my morning coffee bored at work ramble

I think for the CBPOY award it will come down to accomplishments. If AP breaks the record and leads the Vikings into the wild card game (as of right now there is still a chance) then give the man his due.

If the pot-bellied phenom leads the broncs deep into the playoffs then he will probably be the media's poster boy for the award.
MVP in the NFL is pretty much a QB award, so it will likely come down to the 2 best QB's and both on division winners...Manning and Brady.

I had a chuckle with the above. I'm a huge Manning fan and always liked the Broncos so Manning on the Broncos was a match made in heaven. And when the announcers gush about Manning I just agree.

However I hate the Patriots with a white hot passion (just short of my hatred of the Leafs) and when I listen to the game all I hear is Brady this and Brady that. Whelker goes 80 yards on a screen breaking 6 tackles and the credit goes to Brady.

My guess to a nuetral observer announcers gush over both equally and rightly so.

KingBogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
Debatable. Miami and Jacksonville is probably harder than Cleveland KC but Denver has Baltimore in Blatimore next week. NE has San Francisco but it's in New England. It's a bold man that bets against New England at home in December.

Brady is the driving force behind the best offence in the league. If they go 13-3 with their three loses being by a combined 4 points, and he doesn't throw a ton of picks he gets mvp. Unless Minny makes the playoffs. Then AP will get it
Baltimore's in a slump and just fired their OC, I don't expect much from them.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:32 PM
vBurmi
Blue-Line Dekes

vCash: 785
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Woodballs View Post

Look at the passing game

Oh yeah **** you ponder
Broncos were a playoff team last year with the easiest schedule. IIRC they didn't beat a .500 team in the regular season.

Anyways, I agree, the MVP probably should go to AP. As others pointed out though, the NFL loves its posterboy QBs. Rodgers, Manning or Brady will get it for sure.

vBurmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:36 PM
Holden Caulfield
Perennial Skeptic

Quote:
Baltimore's in a slump and just fired their OC, I don't expect much from them.
A lot of the playoff teams don't look that intimidating, even the top ones. Baltimore, Atlanta, Green Bay, San Francisco, Denver, hell even Houston just got dismantled. None of them are particularly dominant. It'll be an interesting playoffs, that's for sure.

Holden Caulfield is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 08:39 PM
Hank Chinaski
Mod Supervisor

Woo! We got our own thread, awesome!

Quote:
I so desperately wanted to shut up all the bandwagon Pats fans. Now I have to wait until the playoffs to mock them.

Seriously though, I'm worried if the Pats have to go into Reliant for a rubber match. The fact that they jumped on them early really put the Texans out of their element, they had to abandon the run early and put the game on Schaub's shoulders.