HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Bernier to Chicago

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 09:39 PM
DontToewzMeBro

vCash: 500
Bernier to Chicago

The Kings receive
1st round pick 13'
Prospect Kevin Hayes(24th overall)
(Looking solid)

Chicago gets:
Bernier
4th

Old
12-10-2012, 09:42 PM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

Pass, pass, pass.. We're looking for an upgrade on Crawford, not someone with supposed potential to be an upgrade.. not to mention, that's simply too much for Bernier.

Old
12-10-2012, 09:49 PM
zytz
lumberjack

Despite the fact that Bernier is still unproven, I like this. I feel like that fact is way played down by some Kings fans though, and that this still might not be enough for them.

For what it's worth, the Hawks sure have a lot of good looking forward prospects, and only so many roster spots, so Im not at all opposed to trading one, or more of them for a solid (maybe) piece in goal. I do like Hayes, and I'd like to keep the bros together if possible, but I would be willing to do this deal I think.

Old
12-10-2012, 10:18 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by zytz View Post
Despite the fact that Bernier is still unproven, I like this. I feel like that fact is way played down by some Kings fans though, and that this still might not be enough for them.

For what it's worth, the Hawks sure have a lot of good looking forward prospects, and only so many roster spots, so Im not at all opposed to trading one, or more of them for a solid (maybe) piece in goal. I do like Hayes, and I'd like to keep the bros together if possible, but I would be willing to do this deal I think.
Althou i must say i do like the frist being offered the king have no need to have any center. The depth they have at center makes any center not wanted. Also again i don't see la tradeing within the conference due to the fact they dont want to face bernier for the next decade plus.

Old
12-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Zip15

vCash: 67
I think LA should take that. Bernier's value should be about what Lindback's was. Lindback was traded for two 2nd's (37, 50) and a 2013 3rd--ignoring the irrelevant pieces like Caron, Kyle Wilson, and a 7th. Getting a pick in the early- or mid-20s and a guy who should be a NHL player would be a pretty good haul for a backup goaltender who's blocked by Quick, especially when they have Martin Jones likely ready for spot NHL duty.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:09 AM
xX Hot Fuss

Id do this deal. Since they don't want Kayes we could do beach or Jayes instead but then that first gets changed to a 2nd.

Too much uncertainty in where the hawks are picking with that first

Old
12-11-2012, 11:57 AM
HockeySensible
Smug Teuvo

I really don't get how any Hawk fan would be okay with giving up a 1st and a quality prospect for a 5'11" goaltender, who's never played more than 25 games in a season, hasn't proven himself as a starting goaltender and who boast identical career numbers to Crawford in GAA and Sv% despite playing on a much better defensive team..

Bernier was drafted high, that's great. He had one outstanding seaosn in the AHL.. again, great.. but he hasn't shown to be any better than Crawford in the NHL.. If you're giving up a 1st and a quality prospect, get someone you know is better than Crawford, not someone who could be better, but would more than likely be no improventment at all.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Too much to give up for as Hoss pointed out a goalie who still hasn't proven to be a #1

At this point Bernier could become a legit #1 or he could be another Jamie Storr

Old
12-11-2012, 01:14 PM
Judrix
Teuvo is Kane's son

yeah too risky for my liking.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
The Red Line

I think you do this as the Hawks. Bernier may still be fairly unproven but still a huge upgrade.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Hawkaholic

Definitely a no go when you include 2 first rounders for an unproven goalie.

PASS

Old
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

I personally don't see it, I mean why would the Hawks give up soo much.

12-11-2012, 02:26 PM
SirPaste
Use The Schwartz!

vCash: 50
As an outsider it seems like a pretty steep price for Bernier, but I could see Chicago as a potential fit for him, just not at that price.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:01 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Besides the fact that Hayes is an unproven prospect who may or may not live up to expectations, that first round pick the Kings would obtain would likely be a late 1st. I think it's fair considering what Bernier's potential to be a starter. He's 24 and starting to reach the age where he could start pushing for a starting role.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:21 PM
Zip15

vCash: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Red Line View Post
I think you do this as the Hawks. Bernier may still be fairly unproven but still a huge upgrade.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkaholic View Post
Definitely a no go when you include 2 first rounders for an unproven goalie.

PASS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
I personally don't see it, I mean why would the Hawks give up soo much.
Assuming the Blackhawks wanted him, it'd likely be because they think he's more than what he's shown so far in his role as a backup goaltender. They would believe that he's a legitimate NHL starter when given the opportunity to get the lion's share of the work. That is, they'd probably believe that, given the same opportunity, Bernier would perform better than Crawford. (And before someone focuses only on that sentence, remember that the presumption is that the Hawks would want Bernier--maybe they don't--and if they did want him, that's probably why.)

I know Chicago would want to buy lower than the OP, but LA may not be selling at the price Hawks fans want. I think Bernier's value is similar to Lindback's, which was the 37th and 50th picks (in what many perceived to be a weaker draft) and a 2013 3rd--that was the substance of the deal, anyways. Is a pick between 21-30 (in what may be considered a strong draft) + Kevin Hayes of similar quality to the Lindback haul? I don't know, because I don't know enough about K. Hayes. But I don't think it's that far off, assuming the Hawks were looking to acquire Bernier.

Old
12-11-2012, 03:50 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Assuming the Blackhawks wanted him, it'd likely be because they think he's more than what he's shown so far in his role as a backup goaltender. They would believe that he's a legitimate NHL starter when given the opportunity to get the lion's share of the work. That is, they'd probably believe that, given the same opportunity, Bernier would perform better than Crawford. (And before someone focuses only on that sentence, remember that the presumption is that the Hawks would want Bernier--maybe they don't--and if they did want him, that's probably why.)

I know Chicago would want to buy lower than the OP, but LA may not be selling at the price Hawks fans want. I think Bernier's value is similar to Lindback's, which was the 37th and 50th picks (in what many perceived to be a weaker draft) and a 2013 3rd--that was the substance of the deal, anyways. Is a pick between 21-30 (in what may be considered a strong draft) + Kevin Hayes of similar quality to the Lindback haul? I don't know, because I don't know enough about K. Hayes. But I don't think it's that far off, assuming the Hawks were looking to acquire Bernier.
It's better than the Lindback haul.

Kayes is really starting to come into his own at BC this year. Johnny Gaudreau is their best player, but Kevin Hayes has put up his own challenge for that title a few times this season.

I don't know what or where Kayes will be in the NHL, but having seen him this year at BC, I'm fairly positive he will make the the NHL one day. The same cannot be said for the vast majority of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Then you throw in the late first and that suggests this package would be more than Lindback's return.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:30 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
It's better than the Lindback haul.

Kayes is really starting to come into his own at BC this year. Johnny Gaudreau is their best player, but Kevin Hayes has put up his own challenge for that title a few times this season.

I don't know what or where Kayes will be in the NHL, but having seen him this year at BC, I'm fairly positive he will make the the NHL one day. The same cannot be said for the vast majority of 2nd and 3rd round picks.

Then you throw in the late first and that suggests this package would be more than Lindback's return.
No he hasn't Hayes is a solid player but hasn't shown to be any better than Bill Arnold who was taken in the 4th round of the same draft, Hayes is probably a 3rd liner when he makes the Nhl.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
No he hasn't Hayes is a solid player but hasn't shown to be any better than Bill Arnold who was taken in the 4th round of the same draft, Hayes is probably a 3rd liner when he makes the Nhl.
I would say Arnold has also put up a challenge for the title of BC's best player. I actually like him more than Kayes.

I'd even throw Mullane into the mix.

BC has a stacked top 4. All of those guys are high-quality players.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
Hawkaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
If Hayes turns into a 3rd liner, which is where I see him slotting in, it is still too much when you add in a player like ...say, Darnell Nurse who is projected to go top 20, where the Hawks will likely be picking.

Old
12-11-2012, 04:41 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I would say Arnold has also put up a challenge for the title of BC's best player. I actually like him more than Kayes.

I'd even throw Mullane into the mix.

BC has a stacked top 4. All of those guys are high-quality players.
I wouldn't say they are high quality out side of Gaudreau I think the other 3 project to be 3rd liners I guess it depends on you definition of high-quality. I still think this is overpayment for Chicago but saying Hayes is a first rounder makes him sound to be more than I think he will be.

Old
12-11-2012, 05:55 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Tornado Warning

vCash: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Besides the fact that Hayes is an unproven prospect who may or may not live up to expectations, that first round pick the Kings would obtain would likely be a late 1st. I think it's fair considering what Bernier's potential to be a starter. He's 24 and starting to reach the age where he could start pushing for a starting role.
Could isn't worth a 1st + good prospect

Until he shows he can be a starter he isn't worth it

Quote:
Is a pick between 21-30 (in what may be considered a strong draft) + Kevin Hayes of similar quality to the Lindback haul? I don't know, because I don't know enough about K. Hayes. But I don't think it's that far off, assuming the Hawks were looking to acquire Bernier.
Hawks pick could be anywhere especially if they have a shortened season or no season lotto drawing

Hawks are not that good with terrible defense (Oduya says hello) and no quality depth and major ? in net (With or without Bernier)

Old
12-11-2012, 05:56 PM
skywarp75

i'd think the only real upgrades on Crawford would be proven top #1 guys.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:21 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I think LA should take that. Bernier's value should be about what Lindback's was. Lindback was traded for two 2nd's (37, 50) and a 2013 3rd--ignoring the irrelevant pieces like Caron, Kyle Wilson, and a 7th. Getting a pick in the early- or mid-20s and a guy who should be a NHL player would be a pretty good haul for a backup goaltender who's blocked by Quick, especially when they have Martin Jones likely ready for spot NHL duty.
Martin Jones isn't ready for a nhl job yet.He needs at least a year maybe 2 in the ahl to smooth out some rough spots. Imo the kings would look to get a backup elsewhere.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:25 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX Hot Fuss View Post
Id do this deal. Since they don't want Kayes we could do beach or Jayes instead but then that first gets changed to a 2nd.

Too much uncertainty in where the hawks are picking with that first
Again to all thoses looking to trade with the kings they don't need or want any centers not because of there talent but the kings have more then euff natural centers on there roster ( kopitar richards stoll fraser hold the 4 lines now with carter lewis richardson king nolon on the roster being natural centers and in the ahl lotkionov toffoli and others i can't remember in the ahl) We would be interested in natural lw with top 6 potential.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:27 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Very good goalies with a lot of promise just showed where this value is at. That was with multiple picks outside the 1st round. I personally like Bernier the most of the Lindeback and Bobrovsky crowd, but the value is fairly established here. I don't see the Hawks parting with this much even if I think it would work out, because that isn't great asset management.

Closed Thread