HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Geek Emporium
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Geek Emporium Discuss computers, hardware, software, electronics, video games, internet, etc.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 Thread (Part 2)

Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2012, 08:38 PM
Lebowski

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gimme an olands View Post
i was really hoping the knife would only be available as a primary or secondary weapon.

i hate being panic knifed
Duh... The knife has already been nerfed enough as it is. It is 10 times harder to connect with the knife in BOII than it was in BO. Kind of makes it useless, to be honest.

I won't complain tough. It had to be nerfed in a way or another. Overall, I'm fine with the changes they've brought.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:44 PM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowski View Post
Duh... The knife has already been nerfed enough as it is. It is 10 times harder to connect with the knife in BOII than it was in BO. Kind of makes it useless, to be honest.

I won't complain tough. It had to be nerfed in a way or another. Overall, I'm fine with the changes they've brought.
the knife is really hard to use, for me anyways. In one in the chamber I've had some knife fights that have gone on way too long cause Bothe of us kept on missing.

Old
12-10-2012, 08:51 PM
Lebowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
the knife is really hard to use, for me anyways. In one in the chamber I've had some knife fights that have gone on way too long cause Bothe of us kept on missing.
Yeah, I get the same feeling. In Black Ops, people complained it was overpowered, but now, it just feels useless. I find myself barely ever using it. The B23R (or whatever the burst-shot pistol is called) is where it's at .

Old
12-10-2012, 09:36 PM
LPH

Quote:
Yeah, I get the same feeling. In Black Ops, people complained it was overpowered, but now, it just feels useless. I find myself barely ever using it. The B23R (or whatever the burst-shot pistol is called) is where it's at .
It's kind of funny that I went from panic knifing to dropshotting and although dropshotting is not that effective in this game, I win a lot of gunfights from people missing life lunges so I'm kinda glad that I never really knifed in mw3.

For some reason I can't stand dying from a pistol, cause in previous games it meant that you got outplayed, but some of these pistols are competitive with the ARs and SMGs close range.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:21 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

I love Kill Confirmed, but hate the non-tag collectibg kill ****** that come with it.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:41 AM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

vCash: 1117
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
I love Kill Confirmed, but hate the non-tag collectibg kill ****** that come with it.
I'm confused are you saying that you hate guys that don't collect their tags so they can kill more people? In other words, the whole strategy to winning a match of kill confirmed?

My strategy is to wait by a tag or at least watch a tag for a few seconds before running at it (particularly the red ones) kill the enemy running at it. Get two tags. One more kill and I'm initiating my score streaks which=more kills and tags. Then I repeat that process.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:47 AM
LPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHerb View Post
what do you think is a good kill/tag ratio?

Im just curious because I can't seem to get a tag per kill because of teammates and killstreaks kill

I feel as though I'm a pretty objective KC player and I have 776 kills with 474 confirms. I find that when my killstreaks do work, then I suffer in the tag department. Also how hard I go for tags depends on if/how much we are winning by. Im not trying to flaunt, cause it isn't that impressive anyways, I was just wondering if I'm bordering on killwhore in that gametype.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:55 AM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
That bus driver on tranzit is a troll. I start running to the bus when it leaves, and when I'm just about there the bus goes into warp speed lol.
Yes he is a troll, but not for that reason. The bus is pre-set to speed up when traveling through the mist. Not by too much, but enough to make it impossible to catch on foot. All part of the challenge I suppose.

If you troll him, (knife him, shoot him, galvaknuckle punch him) he'll do a few things.

1.) Lock the doors
2.) Skip a bus stop
3.) Throws you out and speeds away
4.) throws you out in the middle of the fog and then locks the doors but still stays parked.
5.) Rips all the boards off the windows.
6.) stops, locks the doors, calls the electro boss zombie
7.) One time my friend knifed him to try to make him leave a stop early and the lights in his eyes just completely turned off and the bus was basically unoperational for the next 5 rounds.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:56 AM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
what do you think is a good kill/tag ratio?

Im just curious because I can't seem to get a tag per kill because of teammates and killstreaks kill

I feel as though I'm a pretty objective KC player and I have 776 kills with 474 confirms. I find that when my killstreaks do work, then I suffer in the tag department. Also how hard I go for tags depends on if/how much we are winning by. Im not trying to flaunt, cause it isn't that impressive anyways, I was just wondering if I'm bordering on killwhore in that gametype.
I usually get about 24-35 confirms a game and at least 10 denies.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:58 AM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Man Zombies Grief can go sooo intense , its awesome . Defiantly a lot of tactics to use when you get to rounds 15+ . The max ammo drop is a troll though , never get it when we need it .

Old
12-11-2012, 03:36 AM
DuckJet
Mr. Sexy on Skates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafs at Knight View Post
Man Zombies Grief can go sooo intense , its awesome . Defiantly a lot of tactics to use when you get to rounds 15+ . The max ammo drop is a troll though , never get it when we need it .
Oh absolutely. That's true for all the game modes.. Happens to me all the time in survival mode. I'll pack a punch my LMG or AR and just get a new ray gun, empty one clip into horde, get max ammo. What might be worse is the nuke when I'm trying to galvaknuckle punch a full horde to maximize my points (I mean the damn thing costs 6000 points) and the nuke just gets rid of all of them.

But yeah Grief is harshly underrated but I feel like it's more of a host migration fail issue.

Old
12-11-2012, 07:59 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

I got killed by my own stealth chopper last night

Was engaged in close quarter combat with an enemy when my chopper decided to open fire on him, killing us both.

I think that's more embarrassing than the time in BO1 when I killed myself with my own SAM Turret

Old
12-11-2012, 08:19 AM
wingsnut19

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

I think that's more embarrassing than the time in BO1 when I killed myself with my own SAM Turret

I've done that before. I've also been killed by my own dogs. Dog was lunging at a guy that was trying to knife me in the back and took my face off instead, and the guy knifed the dog instead of me.

Old
12-11-2012, 08:59 AM
ItsAllPartOfThePlan

^^I got killed my by own hunter killer drone. It blew up the enemy right beside me and took me along with him.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:03 AM
CoopALoop

Quote:

Knife was at it's worst in MW2. Especially pre-carepackage run nerf. Commando was th dumbest idea after danger close for a perk....

I'm alright with the knife being useless. I play with the tactical layout anyways, so panic knifing was never really in my repitoire in regards to close range battles.

Though, seriously, why don't AGR's die from my stinger? Also, I managed to get a stinger kill in the final kill cam in MW2. Locked onto a harrier, thing flies behind a building as i shoot, missle hits the building and blows up a guy camping on the railing.

I had alot of wtf's after that one.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:19 AM
Protest the Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
I got killed by my own stealth chopper last night

Was engaged in close quarter combat with an enemy when my chopper decided to open fire on him, killing us both.

I've gotten killed by a SAM too, as soon as I put it down it fired at a UAV and killed me.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:23 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Wow, getting killed by your own scorestreak is pretty brutal. I always try to stay out of the way when calling in "manual" killstreaks so I'm sure I'm not raining down hellstorm missiles on my head. But never got killed by my own stealth chopper or hunter killer. That's just ridiculous

Got the PDW, MSMC and MP7 gold so far. Working on the Chicom now. It's not easy. I actually unlocked Flak Jacket first. I run it on all my classes. I don't know how you can play an objective game like Hardpoint, Domination, etc and not run Flak Jacket. Not being killed by most lethals is a awesome. Don't use much of the AR since I'm trying to get diamond for my SMG. Should get to second prestige soon. Don't know what to unlock though. I'm thinking the Skorpion so I can get started on the challenges earlier.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
ProPAIN
I am the Danger!

Quote:

The knife in this game drives me crazy. I don't panic knife often, but in this game, it's impossible. And yeah, I seem to get knifed much easier than when I try to kill someone with the knife.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Sovereign
sic parvis magna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
I'm confused are you saying that you hate guys that don't collect their tags so they can kill more people? In other words, the whole strategy to winning a match of kill confirmed?

My strategy is to wait by a tag or at least watch a tag for a few seconds before running at it (particularly the red ones) kill the enemy running at it. Get two tags. One more kill and I'm initiating my score streaks which=more kills and tags. Then I repeat that process.

No, the **** rags there just to up their k/d.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Wow, getting killed by your own scorestreak is pretty brutal. I always try to stay out of the way when calling in "manual" killstreaks so I'm sure I'm not raining down hellstorm missiles on my head. But never got killed by my own stealth chopper or hunter killer. That's just ridiculous

Got the PDW, MSMC and MP7 gold so far. Working on the Chicom now. It's not easy. I actually unlocked Flak Jacket first. I run it on all my classes. I don't know how you can play an objective game like Hardpoint, Domination, etc and not run Flak Jacket. Not being killed by most lethals is a awesome. Don't use much of the AR since I'm trying to get diamond for my SMG. Should get to second prestige soon. Don't know what to unlock though. I'm thinking the Skorpion so I can get started on the challenges earlier.
Also working on the Chicom right now. I'd rather be Chinese Water Tortured than play another minute with the Chicom running no attachments or perks I've got about 20 kills to go there though, can't wait to be done and on to the Skorpion.

Old
12-11-2012, 11:29 AM
leova

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
The knife in this game drives me crazy. I don't panic knife often, but in this game, it's impossible. And yeah, I seem to get knifed much easier than when I try to kill someone with the knife.
part of it is having default controls as, well, default controls...

if they made "Tactical" to be default, with Crouch on the thumbstick instead of knife, it would DRASTICALLY cut down on panic knifing

Old
12-11-2012, 11:49 AM
Izzy
FollowmeonInstagram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsAllPartOfThePlan View Post
^^I got killed my by own hunter killer drone. It blew up the enemy right beside me and took me along with him.
Happens wayyyy tooo often. So frustrating, I had to take them off

Old
12-11-2012, 11:58 AM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Corner humpers are so irritating.

Old
12-11-2012, 12:12 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

I called in an Orbital VSAT last night and it never showed up. Poof. . . . gone, nothing. No assists, no red arrows, no call out that it is up in the air, nothing.

Old
12-11-2012, 01:19 PM
Leafs at Knight
Offenders Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckJet View Post
Oh absolutely. That's true for all the game modes.. Happens to me all the time in survival mode. I'll pack a punch my LMG or AR and just get a new ray gun, empty one clip into horde, get max ammo. What might be worse is the nuke when I'm trying to galvaknuckle punch a full horde to maximize my points (I mean the damn thing costs 6000 points) and the nuke just gets rid of all of them.

But yeah Grief is harshly underrated but I feel like it's more of a host migration fail issue.
Are the best weapons in Grief the RPD and Hamr ? Or are their other ones that are harder to get ?

Closed Thread