HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

Sabres Jerseys

Old
01-06-2012, 03:14 PM
LGB24

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I'm quite the fan of both Buffalo and NY. (NY more though, still.) I bought what looks to be an authentic Kaleta jersey. I'll post pics but the description said the guy bought it blank from NHL.com and had someone he knew sew the name and numbers on. Everything's stitched in but the numbers seem strange; They look like the ones on the 2009/2010 alternates (When they first revived the original logo with modifications.) The numbers look bigger than they are on the home ones this year and last year.

They look...off to me
I have the same jersey. The player numbers are way too thick. I got mine from China (horrible decision) Its one of the better fakes but just like the others there seeing eye differences. Even the lace in the middle is off

LGB24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 03:17 PM
G Wolly

Yea, those numbers aren't 100% accurate. I can spot fakes from a mile away, especially during the home games. For this one you can see that especially the 3 is kind of fatter than it should be. A lot of the inaccurate stitching has an outline around the numbers too, while the actual ones do not. The 6 also has one squared corner on the inside part which does not match up. As far as the numbers themselves, they are no different than the 09-10 alternate jersey.

G Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 05:04 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
I still need to get one of the new 3rd jerseys... tough decision though.
Myers, Gerbe, Kassian, or McNabb
?
Im getting a white Kassian next time i visit FNC.

Old
01-06-2012, 07:31 PM
minuteater
does not cohmpeet

Quote:
I'm quite the fan of both Buffalo and NY. (NY more though, still.) I bought what looks to be an authentic Kaleta jersey. I'll post pics but the description said the guy bought it blank from NHL.com and had someone he knew sew the name and numbers on. Everything's stitched in but the numbers seem strange; They look like the ones on the 2009/2010 alternates (When they first revived the original logo with modifications.) The numbers look bigger than they are on the home ones this year and last year.

They look...off to me
Yeah, they're too wide but the color is off as well even though I know the photos aren't the best and the silver outlines on the logo are too thick. That isn't an authentic or a replica

This is how the logo, colors and numbers should look:

minuteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadedpony View Post
Yeah, they're too wide but the color is off as well even though I know the photos aren't the best and the silver outlines on the logo are too thick. That isn't an authentic or a replica

This is how the logo, colors and numbers should look:

Gah. yea my rooms really terribly lit. Thank you. I will probably go into the NHL store in Manhattan before i shove off to Clarence (in about 3 weeks) to get it fixed for a cheap price

Last edited by Silence Of The Plams: 01-06-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2012, 07:53 PM
LightningMcqueen

**I didn't want to start a new thread, buuuuut - can anybody possibly point me in the direction of finding the old red sabres alternate sabres jersey in either a small or medium??

It's slimmm pickings on eBay.

LightningMcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 12:28 PM
LGB24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Im getting a white Kassian next time i visit FNC.
Wow, sure am glad this never happened.

Old
12-10-2012, 12:51 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

The red jerseys are super hard to find. Even one in bad condition is so expensive on ebay. I've tried, I'd just say keep looking and checking local stores too

Old
12-10-2012, 02:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGB24 View Post
Wow, sure am glad this never happened.
And yet, there were a handful of Kassian Sabre jerseys floating around on game days.

Everyone has a different reaction on this topic, but mine is to laugh and shake my head. I find having knee jerk reactions to players and buying a jersey is plain dumb. I've seen jerseys Bernier, Gilmore, Heinze, Novotny, Kassian, Shields, Ndur, Grand-Pierre, the list can easily go on. I have respect for those that want a Sabres jersey. But I find it, well, plain dumb to knee jerk react and get a player that isn't a true cornerstone of the franchise. Some people think its neat or cool to see those jerseys, I don't

/rant

Good luck finding the red jersey. I have a blank black goat head I would sell. Hardly worn.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 02:59 PM
Disengage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Everyone has a different reaction on this topic, but mine is to laugh and shake my head. I find having knee jerk reactions to players and buying a jersey is plain dumb. I've seen jerseys Bernier, Gilmore, Heinze, Novotny, Kassian, Shields, Ndur, Grand-Pierre, the list can easily go on. I have respect for those that want a Sabres jersey. But I find it, well, plain dumb to knee jerk react and get a player that isn't a true cornerstone of the franchise. Some people think its neat or cool to see those jerseys, I don't
I think it's more of an appreciation of the guys who get less fame. This coming from the guy who owns 4 Nathan Paetsch jerseys.

Disengage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-10-2012, 03:03 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
I think it's more of an appreciation of the guys who get less fame. This coming from the guy who owns 4 Nathan Paetsch jerseys.
I can respect appreciating "lesser" players. For me, buying a jersey with that players name on it doesn't show appreciation. To each his own.

Old
12-10-2012, 03:10 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

To a degree I think having a jersey of a less appreciated player shows some sort of appreciation. But only minorly. If you truly appreciate, like that player you'd cheer for them, etc. But hey It's a nice way to show some support IMO.

Old
12-11-2012, 02:22 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disengage View Post
We know this is only the case because you wanted to hop on board the Slug train when all the merch first got released, and his Sluggo was the only one readily available (compared to everyone elses - which were nowhere to be found)

SLUG LIFE ****AZ1

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-11-2012, 10:38 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Im on craigslist looking for the old AGH era Sabres jerseys for my mom for Christmas. She loved Satan. Having terrible luck.

Old
12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Im on craigslist looking for the old AGH era Sabres jerseys for my mom for Christmas. She loved Satan. Having terrible luck.

Ex worshipper? Maybe she should start worshipping again, luck may change

Old
12-11-2012, 11:11 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Ex worshipper? Maybe she should start worshipping again, luck may change

When I was a little boy, I had the old NHL 2k3 and 2k2 games, etc. I used to play as Buffalo cause I liked the jerseys and they had...Satan. So, when I played, I used to be like "I love Satan he's the best" Because I scored a lot with him. Boy did my friends that came over think I was nuts.

Old
12-11-2012, 06:57 PM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Wonder how much that white goathead #93 Gilmour is worth.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:40 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Gonna bump this a bit, anyone know of anywhere (Besides E-bay) or anyone or whatever that has the red Sabres jerseys, the alternates that they used with the black? Would greatly, greatly appreciate it.

Old
01-13-2013, 05:49 PM
ClearedButNotOut
Fixity

vCash: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Wonder how much that white goathead #93 Gilmour is worth.

Funny you should say that, I have one autograhped...I won it, it wasn't choice

ClearedButNotOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:00 PM
Circusboy39

Quote:
I've seen jerseys Bernier, Gilmore, Heinze, Novotny, Kassian, Shields, Ndur, Grand-Pierre, the list can easily go on.
If I saw someone in a Steve Shields or Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre jersey I would immediately run over and give them the highest of fives.

Circusboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:03 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circusboy39 View Post
If I saw someone in a Steve Shields or Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre jersey I would immediately run over and give them the highest of fives.
My old roommate has a JLGP

sba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:21 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Sabre Pro shop at the Arena - Sabres home white NHL Center Ice authentic numbered and lettered - #11.

I guess Reids in Ft. Erie is out of business now. How about Front Row Sports? Top end equipment... should be able to get you an accurate replica

Or try River City Sports out of Winnipeg - outfitted my midget team with Washington Caps darks w/pro lettering. Best quality anywhere at that time. - 2003

Gerry Cosby's out of NYC - got pro lettered Avalanche replica from them for son back in 2001. Good work.

Hockey1 - Windsor Arena - Connecticut - see web site www.hockey1.com. Have ordered lots of stuff from them over the years.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:46 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Might do the icejerseys custom design and remake it. They have the old red template, but I'm not sure if they'll put on the actual logo on the chest.

If anyone is seling locally/knows where I can go to maybe find one, don't hesitate to tell me hhaa

Old
01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Quote:
Gonna bump this a bit, anyone know of anywhere (Besides E-bay) or anyone or whatever that has the red Sabres jerseys, the alternates that they used with the black? Would greatly, greatly appreciate it.
Actually, I have a red 3rd replica (Koho label) - black cross swords logo/B with Swords shoulder patch/Buffalo lettering on the lower front half. Mens' Large, not numbered or lettered, made in Canada. New, never worn.

Also a black goat's head Pro Player replica, Men's Large, no lettering or numbers. Worn a couple of times so there's a few minor scuff on the end of the sleeves.

Not sure what to charge or what you are willing to pay but my sister in law lives in Lancaster on Aurora St. I could send one or both to her and you pick it up and pay her when you get into Western NY.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 07:12 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Actually, I have a red 3rd replica (Koho label) - black cross swords logo/B with Swords shoulder patch/Buffalo lettering on the lower front half. Mens' Large, not numbered or lettered, made in Canada. New, never worn.

Also a black goat's head Pro Player replica, Men's Large, no lettering or numbers. Worn a couple of times so there's a few minor scuff on the end of the sleeves.

Not sure what to charge or what you are willing to pay but my sister in law lives in Lancaster on Aurora St. I could send one or both to her and you pick it up and pay her when you get into Western NY.
I moved to WNY in April of 2012 so I'm here alright!
Can I PM you?